What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 3282 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-29-2023, 05:59 PM   #98431
DaveHead36
YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
This is a good sub.
This and "there was an attempt" are my morning rituals

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-29-2023, 06:45 PM   #98432
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    Just here for the "damn it sucks getting old" talk. Hate getting up in the middle of the night to go pee. I'm nestled into that comfy spot in my bed. Just want to hold it until the alarm goes off. The urge gets more intense so I peek at the clock. The clock says 1:30am. Fuck me, I won't make it to wake up time at 6am. So roll out of bed and use the bathroom. Now I can't get back to sleep until 3am. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway.
    I feel like I go through stretches of this happening and I'm not sure why, other than trying to cut down on drinking water in the hours leading up to bed.

But when I do go my tricks are not turning on lights and sitting on the toilet. I think we started talking about that maybe in this thread back in 2020 and now I always sit to piss in the middle of the night. We have a digital scale near the toilet, the kind you tap once and then wait for 0. Has a blue backlight. I tap it so I can see where I'm going and confirm there's no giant snake in the toilet etc.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2023, 07:10 PM   #98433
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
    I feel like I go through stretches of this happening and I'm not sure why, other than trying to cut down on drinking water in the hours leading up to bed.

But when I do go my tricks are not turning on lights and sitting on the toilet. I think we started talking about that maybe in this thread back in 2020 and now I always sit to piss in the middle of the night. We have a digital scale near the toilet, the kind you tap once and then wait for 0. Has a blue backlight. I tap it so I can see where I'm going and confirm there's no giant snake in the toilet etc.
    This is the way! My fitbit clock face is a dark green. I just use that as a dim flashlight. Back in bed and passed out in less than 5.
    Old 01-29-2023, 07:14 PM   #98434
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Forgot how much I hate watching modern day football announcers. Tuned into the last minute and a half of the Bengals Chiefs game... My god I thought I was watching WWE. All screaming all the time. And not just because it was some crazy play, just discussing the guys in the huddle or some nondescript thing.
    Old 01-29-2023, 07:25 PM   #98435
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    Forgot how much I hate watching modern day football announcers. Tuned into the last minute and a half of the Bengals Chiefs game... My god I thought I was watching WWE. All screaming all the time. And not just because it was some crazy play, just discussing the guys in the huddle or some nondescript thing.
    I turned it on right at the last play before the FG and noticed the same thing, like why is this guy screaming??
    Old 01-29-2023, 07:29 PM   #98436
    drakan
    Drums!

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My god I thought I was watching WWE.
    No you didn't.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2023, 07:39 PM   #98437
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    No you didn't.
    No really, I thought it was legit WWE!!
    Old 01-29-2023, 07:41 PM   #98438
    drakan
    Drums!

My Tour Central Stats

The crowd is probably so loud they can't hear.
    drakan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2023, 10:24 PM   #98439
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Definitely don't turn on lights. Have a nightlight in the bathroom then goes through different colors. Used to have it locked in on red. That doesn't work any more so it cycles between blue, red, then two more colors pokey ssibly green and yellow. Not to harsh but just enough to make sure there isn't a snake chilling on the toilet lid.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2023, 05:13 AM   #98440
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K270 View Post
    Definitely don't turn on lights. Have a nightlight in the bathroom then goes through different colors. Used to have it locked in on red. That doesn't work any more so it cycles between blue, red, then two more colors pokey ssibly green and yellow. Not to harsh but just enough to make sure there isn't a snake chilling on the toilet lid.
    Glad I'm not the only one with this irrational fear
    Old 01-30-2023, 06:28 AM   #98441
    twostep665

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfd15 View Post
    Upper respiratory illnesses. Don’t know if I have the flu, bronchitis/pneumonia or covid. But it’s been a beating the last couple of days and is certainly irritating. Winter can F off
    Same. Negative for flu, strep, covid. Fever up to almost 102. Haven't been this sick in years.
    Old 01-31-2023, 12:22 AM   #98442
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

that was awful. i only watched the last few minutes but it quickly got annoying. there is no need to be yelling about how the defensive line in lining up. was that romo? the one guy kept calling him "tony." i don't care how good he is at predicting plays, if thats how he calls games, he needs to go.
    Old 01-31-2023, 08:05 AM   #98443
    twostep665

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostep665 View Post
    Same. Negative for flu, strep, covid. Fever up to almost 102. Haven't been this sick in years.
    Scratch that. Turns out it's covid. Took me 3 years but I finally got it :/
    Old 01-31-2023, 08:17 AM   #98444
    dmbfd15

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostep665 View Post
    Scratch that. Turns out it's covid. Took me 3 years but I finally got it :/
    That sucks. Hope ya feel better soon

I finally had a chance to get to doc yesterday morning. I also tested negative for covid, strep and flu. The doc didn’t seem all that interested in trying to find the actual diagnosis but with how bad my sinuses were, she prescribed roids, antibiotics and cough medicine. Feel like an entirely new person this morning. Very fucking thankful to get past whatever I had.
    dmbfd15 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 09:19 AM   #98445
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Fuck Cancer. My mom is going through chemo for the second time since the fall of 2020. She let my nieces cut/shave her head yesterday because her hair was starting to come out in clumps. Second time she's gone bald from treatment.

I hate feeling like every time I talk to her it's just one more tally off the board of however many times I have left.

I think about the movie Dark Waters and how the DuPont factory in Cincinnati has been sued for dumping chemicals into the waterways. My parents have lost so many friends to cancer and I can't help but feel like it's related.

I could also just be searching for a reason or a scapegoat like a lot of people do when they're not in control of something like this. I guess it's why people turn to god. Not a solution I'm interested in trying out, but I can understand it more than I have in the past.

I also start to wonder if leaving and getting out of there made any difference as the University of Cincinnati put out a report that if you lived in the Ohio River Valley from 1991-2013 you could have been exposed to C8 and probably have elevated levels in your blood. That's swell to know as that is essentially my whole life in Cincy (91-16).

Just feeling very angry and helpless lately as she goes through this.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 09:23 AM   #98446
    ToySoldier#34

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    Fuck Cancer. My mom is going through chemo for the second time since the fall of 2020. She let my nieces cut/shave her head yesterday because her hair was starting to come out in clumps. Second time she's gone bald from treatment.

I hate feeling like every time I talk to her it's just one more tally off the board of however many times I have left.

I think about the movie Dark Waters and how the DuPont factory in Cincinnati has been sued for dumping chemicals into the waterways. My parents have lost so many friends to cancer and I can't help but feel like it's related.

I could also just be searching for a reason or a scapegoat like a lot of people do when they're not in control of something like this. I guess it's why people turn to god. Not a solution I'm interested in trying out, but I can understand it more than I have in the past.

I also start to wonder if leaving and getting out of there made any difference as the University of Cincinnati put out a report that if you lived in the Ohio River Valley from 1991-2013 you could have been exposed to C8 and probably have elevated levels in your blood. That's swell to know as that is essentially my whole life in Cincy (91-16).

Man I'm really sorry to hear you're going through this Jesse, and yes that movie was so upsetting, positive thoughts to you and your family I hope things can turn in a positive direction
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 09:27 AM   #98447
    ricky towel

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Sorry to hear this man.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 09:34 AM   #98448
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

My Tour Central Stats

I'm trying to do a better job sharing this stuff whether it's here or IRL with my friends so I'm not carrying it around silently. I always feel like I'm dumping my shit on other people, but my friends and therapist alike all tell me that's how relationships work, you allow other people to help carry your weight.

I'm not very comfortable with it, but I have good friends who poke and prod and ask.

She'll never go into full remission and eventually it is going to kill her, but we can delay that as long as her body respods well to the treatments and her key numbers keep going down.

Being 1200 miles away doesn't make it easier either, but being there wouldn't change anything other than me getting to spend more time with her. I would mentally go insane if I moved back, so it's a non-starter conversation anyway.

So instead of dwelling on the bad, she and I are planning a trip in the fall. Either a road trip from Seattle down the coast to SF or island hopping in Greece. Hoping she stays well enough so we can make a few more key memories together before it starts to get bad.
    Old 01-31-2023, 09:49 AM   #98449
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I'm so sorry, Spielmen. I really hope you still have some good years left with her.

Definitley keep sharing in here.
    Old 01-31-2023, 10:14 AM   #98450
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Sorry to her Spiel. Push for the trip to Greece if you can make it happen!

It's definitely cathartic to share on here. I have no way of proving if it's true or not, but I feel like this place has become a little smaller, a bit more close-knit where everyone's been able to share relatively personal things and feel some level of respect and support, not the usual anonymous slandering and shit-talking that comes with most online places. We're here for you as best a group of internet strangers can be!
    Old 01-31-2023, 10:53 AM   #98451
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I was there 3+ years ago. It's terrifying, because we're never ready. And especially fuck cancer.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 10:54 AM   #98452
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sorry to her Spiel. Push for the trip to Greece if you can make it happen!

It's definitely cathartic to share on here. I have no way of proving if it's true or not, but I feel like this place has become a little smaller, a bit more close-knit where everyone's been able to share relatively personal things and feel some level of respect and support, not the usual anonymous slandering and shit-talking that comes with most online places. We're here for you as best a group of internet strangers can be!
    It's 1000% this. Especially in the nDMBc and Tailgate.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 10:55 AM   #98453
    TheLastStop123
    paper hands

Shows Seen: 39

My Tour Central Stats

hang in there spiel. cancer is a bitch for sure. we'll be thinking about you!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
    Antsmarching.org: Came for the DMBc, stayed for the nDMBc.
    TheLastStop123 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 11:24 AM   #98454
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

My Tour Central Stats

Appreciate all of you.
    Old 01-31-2023, 12:15 PM   #98455
    Erich
    Handsome & Genocidal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Appreciate all of you.

I've been through it, very similar to you (she fought it multiple times). It's not fun. But I would take the 3 months that I watched her deteriorate over having it come out of nowhere. I did my mourning while she was alive, so her transition went the best it could have.

If you need to vent or chat, you know where to find me.
    Old 01-31-2023, 12:56 PM   #98456
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Appreciate all of you.
    Good vibes to you man. Cancer can fuck right off. My dad’s been battling bladder cancer for the last few years (seems to keep coming back even after ‘all clears’) after beating prostate and throat cancer several years back.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 06:23 PM   #98457
    SmoothG

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Ah, speil, I'm so sorry to hear all that. Hope you and your mom get a chance for some memories whether a road trip, Greece, or just spending time together. My dad is getting dementia and my mom's body is breaking.

Sometimes it's easier to share things here.
    SmoothG is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2023, 06:35 PM   #98458
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Man I'm so sorry to hear this, Speil. Cancer fucking sucks. Please continue to share if it helps you. Thinking of you and your family.
    Old 02-01-2023, 05:22 AM   #98459
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Did something to my ankle or foot on Monday that still hurts. I took a walk at lunch and something felt off but not enough to keep me from walking. And I even played pickleball for a few hours that night, but definitely felt it after. Still kinda have a limp today.
    Old 02-02-2023, 09:47 PM   #98460
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

People with bad manners. Too many offenses to name -- You name it it's probably on my list.
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote