DMB - TD Garden - Boston, MA - Page 86 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #2551
St. Theresa
Lives on Grey St.

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB - TD Garden - Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnin' One View Post
Funny, I took a vid of the same part of the show. I put it on FB, but now I'm uploading to YT, too. Got a different angle. I'll post it when it's done.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #2552
    St. Theresa
    Lives on Grey St.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MoodyJ View Post
    Those actually sound like pretty good seats if you can't get within the first few rows of GA or Lodge. How does one get promenade seats? I don't ever recally seeing those for sale on Ticketmaster for any show, yet I always see people standing up there.
    I have no idea. I bought them on eBay for $99/pair. The face value was $60 each. They were TD Garden tix - not Ticketmaster or anything. Sounds like a VIP kinda thing, but I'm not sure.
    Old 11-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #2553
    MGH4007
    dim5

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by St. Theresa View Post
    I have no idea. I bought them on eBay for $99/pair. The face value was $60 each. They were TD Garden tix - not Ticketmaster or anything. Sounds like a VIP kinda thing, but I'm not sure.
    I think they are in fact "VIP" seating, that is only staff and management have availability to them unless they resold. They could also be tickets only available if bought on site with request.

Last edited by MGH4007; 11-13-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    MGH4007 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #2554
    St. Theresa
    Lives on Grey St.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Funny, I took a vid of the same part of the show. I put it on FB, but now I'm uploading to YT, too. Got a different angle. I'll post it when it's done.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5kH_NyHSEM

Says it's still processing. Should be done baking soon.
    Old 11-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #2555
    St. Theresa
    Lives on Grey St.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MGH4007 View Post
    I think they are in fact "VIP" seating, that is only staff and management have availability to them unless they resold. They could also be tickets only available if bought on site with request.
    Whatever they are, they were the most comfy concert experience I've ever had. And no security Nazis! The only bummer is that to get something to eat or drink, you had to take the elevator down and it's so slow!
    Old 11-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #2556
    St. Theresa
    Lives on Grey St.

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0eQYB3qCwU

Decent-sized serving of "I'll Back You Up."
    Old 11-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #2557
    HovDog

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Am I the only one that found GA incredibly annoying? I had it for night 1...was decently close, I wasn't trying to get in the front...when they let us in I walked up those 9 flights of stairs lol and leisurely bought a poster...and still got a spot over by the camera rig....

but seriously...it was the worst DMB experience I've ever had...from the wicked annoying teens...to the rude shoving and pushing...I'm sorry I'm 6'0 and you and your friends are 5'0 nothing...I'm not going to just allow you all to stand in front of me....Ughhh the worst...I walked out during #41....the back of the floor was wide open and had I not scoped out the set list on the camera rig, I might have stuck around there....

Anyone prefer they just go back to seating??? Front row WH tickets to Hartford a few years ago was the absolute best....
    HovDog is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #2558
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HovDog View Post
    Am I the only one that found GA incredibly annoying? I had it for night 1...was decently close, I wasn't trying to get in the front...when they let us in I walked up those 9 flights of stairs lol and leisurely bought a poster...and still got a spot over by the camera rig....

but seriously...it was the worst DMB experience I've ever had...from the wicked annoying teens...to the rude shoving and pushing...I'm sorry I'm 6'0 and you and your friends are 5'0 nothing...I'm not going to just allow you all to stand in front of me....Ughhh the worst...I walked out during #41....the back of the floor was wide open and had I not scoped out the set list on the camera rig, I might have stuck around there....

Anyone prefer they just go back to seating??? Front row WH tickets to Hartford a few years ago was the absolute best....
    This 100%

I had GA N2 and at one point I was going to see if anyone in the first few rows off the GA wanted to switch tickets....It just gets annoying on the floor and I feel like I waste more time getting bumped/shoved into...Normally not a problem because I'm 6'4 230lbs..but still very annoying...And to the people behind me that complain about my height...fuck you want me to do about it?...unless you're a couple of cute chicks then I have no problem letting you step in front of me (or a fellow shorter ant)...but if you're just some punk kid there to get high/drunk...good luck.

anywho...anyone selling a N2 poster

Last edited by DMBstandUP1984; 11-15-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #2559
    MoodyJ

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MGH4007 View Post
    Whatever they were, they don't sound like bad tickets to have, especially at $60 face value.

I finally uploaded a couple of my videos from both nights:

DDTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlnpZzpB6Ng

Everyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH-sIYN8pTM

Spaceman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxwyNu4jKMg
    MoodyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #2560
    artiej1120

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Is there only one tape up for each night? I only see one on Dreaming Tree.
    artiej1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #2561
    jillyjo1
    OnlyTomorrowLeadsMyWay

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HovDog View Post

First few rows of GA= best experiences of my life. Anything beyond the first few rows can be brutal, especially for someone who is 5 ft 2 like me.
    jillyjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #2562
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jillyjo1 View Post
    First few rows of GA= best experiences of my life. Anything beyond the first few rows can be brutal, especially for someone who is 5 ft 2 like me.
    I was in GA N2..as cool as it would have been to be in the first few rows like I was this summer at Mansfield..I like having the ability to move around and have easy access to beer/bathroom
    Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #2563
    jillyjo1
    OnlyTomorrowLeadsMyWay

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    I was in GA N2..as cool as it would have been to be in the first few rows like I was this summer at Mansfield..I like having the ability to move around and have easy access to beer/bathroom
    I have a strong bladder normally, but when DMB hits the stage, most bodily functions just shut down. It's like my whole being senses what is about to come and all my energy from then on is expended emotionally. Plus, I'm a smoker, not a drinker.

And I've never had a huge problem moving. If you're on the rail, there's a little ramp between you and the second row that keeps people a reasonable distance away. And there's a weird culture in the front row, but people really try to give each other their space. Too me, front row is always worth it and I'll wait however long it takes me to get there.
    jillyjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #2564
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jillyjo1 View Post
    I have a strong bladder normally, but when DMB hits the stage, most bodily functions just shut down. It's like my whole being senses what is about to come and all my energy from then on is expended emotionally. Plus, I'm a smoker, not a drinker.

And I've never had a huge problem moving. If you're on the rail, there's a little ramp between you and the second row that keeps people a reasonable distance away. And there's a weird culture in the front row, but people really try to give each other their space. Too me, front row is always worth it and I'll wait however long it takes me to get there.
    yeaah thats what it was like in Mansfield...I was right up front and everyone was pretty cool about letting me get back to my spot. There is always those few punks that keep trying to push closer and closer.
    Old 11-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #2565
    04calcondon
    ChiBampa

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

from http://cmcondon.blogspot.com

Did you go to a Dave Matthews Band show this year? Maybe it was more then one? Well I would love to hear from you!

The idea is to put together a fan book, where every show of 2010 is covered. 200-750 words (not a strict limit, just so we can fit all the accounts in the book) about your experience. Include what you did for tailgating, or post show if you want. Let us know why the show was special to you, or maybe why it fell a little short. Funny things that happened to you, people you met, your favorite song, the biggest surprise.. etc. If you have pictures with yourself in there, or just great shots of the band, feel free to include it.

The format idea:

The chapters will be each show. The chapter will start with the show name, a picture of the venue or the band playing at the venue and a setlist. Following that will be the fan accounts and a page or three of pictures from each show.
    Include your age if you would like to show the eclectic crowd DMB has. Include the amount of shows you have been to, and what show number that particular account is referring to.

If we can get this going, my goal is to get every show of 2010, bind it and send it to anybody who sent me their stories and then start spreading the word that it exist. Maybe someday it will reach the band. Thanks.

Send to cal.condon@gmail.com
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #2566

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by artiej1120 View Post
    Is there only one tape up for each night? I only see one on Dreaming Tree.
    looks like it!

dying to get a copy of Zman's 11/9/10 tape of my show but its like everyone on the trader page has been given thorazine??

What gives?

I haven't been on the board in while (long time ant / fan ) but have always followed the two week rule and been respectful, said please and thanks but zero shows being posted over there???

I cant do bittorrents but am happy to trade, B&P or whatever?

did I miss the annoucement that tapers would only work with Bittorrent medium???

SCOTT IN BOSTON
    "The goal is eventually to play songs that we never put on a record ...for the whole night. When we get enough then will I guess sometime..." Dave before first full band performance of #27
    8/01/07 Mansfield, Ma
    locked is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-30-2010, 05:27 AM   #2567
    nikkidmb

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by artiej1120 View Post
    If you know this going in you shouldn't be dissappointed. The band is much different (and older) now. They can't bring "teh energiez" for three straight hours. Maybe they could, but it makes for worse performances and in turn worse shows later in the tour. Their "slow" songs are some of their better work that their die hards love, so in fact they're pleasing many fans by playing them. I understand that people want energy and a fast pace, but that's typically not what the band is anyways.
    but, they did play some low key songs a litte too close together
    nikkidmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-30-2010, 05:39 AM   #2568
    nikkidmb

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by acousticmike80 View Post
    Congrats on the graduation!

I hear ya man, it only gets worse....I still love DMB, but have found the concert experience is more labor intensive than it was in my early 20's.

I am actually looking forward to the break next year (ducks).
    I was only 16 at N2, and i found the majority of the GA crowd rather abrasive. i got passed out on close to 5 times, and could barely move. i do find that the more you sway, people tend to make room and you can really dance. however, dont. leave. i got beat up unintentionally by a tall ginger guy throwing 'bows and the security guard was not about to help me in. my boyfriend had to come get me, almost getting ko'd in the process. so yes, GA crowd was a bit snug and most of them in bad attitude. but WTF CARES, i came for DMB and i got them!
    nikkidmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-31-2010, 12:59 PM   #2569
    seekup41nancies

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Happy NYE Boston Cheers!
    Old 01-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #2570
    Paettourgg

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

heeeeey! Just wanted to give a quick shout because my band Big Eyed Phish is playing Middle East (upstairs) in Cambridge on Saturday night. Please come check us out if you're into it, peace

(p.s. check out ticketmaster for ticket/show info)
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/Big-Eyed...artist/1529625