***Official New Orleans (NFL) Thread*** - Page 7 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #181
steveguy13

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official New Orleans (NFL) Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveguy13 View Post
All I got to see was SMLAM Anyone know where I can watch a replay?
Well look at that, just searched YouTube and there it was. Who'da thought?
steveguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-10-2010, 05:29 AM   #182
    bosox220

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

my girlfriend and i are from nola and we got the free tix through 1iota.........we waited from 9am til almost 4pm with the crowd of great people to go on the riser. once on the riser we were able to stand 3rd row right in front of dave. i had my fingers crossed that they would play you and me..........ya see that is our song! well, they played it and about half way through, once the butterflies in my belly were at there worst i ask her to marry me......on one knee......in a puddle of water. she said yes! everyone around us saw and were throwen back by it. well, stefan and dave saw it, they were smilin and stareing as i held her in my arms. dave literaly came to the edge of the stage and smiled at us.....with her in my arms i looked up at dave and said "thank you" stefan and dave saw this.........truely the greatest moment of my life. if any one has video of the band playing you and me during the nola preformance please PM my and let me know how i can get a copy. this only reconfirmsthat DMB is a bunch of great guys....thanks yall.
    bosox220 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #183
    bostonbrad
    Hope Springs Eternal

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

I seriously freaked out in my own home when I saw Kermit and Trombone Shorty and the Indians walk on stage. Seriously talented musicians. And I wouldn't know anything about them if it weren't for Treme on HBO. Amazing amazing awesome performance. Wish I would have been there. But I did just see three nearly perfect shows at the Gorge, so I can't complain too much!
    bostonbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #184
    denaturex
    Are those clams?

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I was on the street level yesterday for the whole thing. The concert was great (especially considering the whole thing was free!) I went home last night and watched it on TV again and it sounded like crap. I dont know what or who is mixing the audio for the TV broadcast but they are terrible. Live it sounded great but on TV it sounded like Dave's voice was in a box. I havent looked at the NFL network coverage yet though, hope is was better on that channel.
    Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #185
    MsEmilyNYC
    Dreaming Tree Hugger

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bosox220 View Post
    my girlfriend and i are from nola and we got the free tix through 1iota.........we waited from 9am til almost 4pm with the crowd of great people to go on the riser. once on the riser we were able to stand 3rd row right in front of dave. i had my fingers crossed that they would play you and me..........ya see that is our song! well, they played it and about half way through, once the butterflies in my belly were at there worst i ask her to marry me......on one knee......in a puddle of water. she said yes! everyone around us saw and were throwen back by it. well, stefan and dave saw it, they were smilin and stareing as i held her in my arms. dave literaly came to the edge of the stage and smiled at us.....with her in my arms i looked up at dave and said "thank you" stefan and dave saw this.........truely the greatest moment of my life. if any one has video of the band playing you and me during the nola preformance please PM my and let me know how i can get a copy. this only reconfirmsthat DMB is a bunch of great guys....thanks yall.
    Congrats!
    MsEmilyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #186
    mikefandmb

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Sounds Amazing, COngrats
    mikefandmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #187
    DMBnick21

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Hey guys, I'm working on posting my pictures and videos to YouTube and Facebook. They should be up later today and I'll provide links here. I was about 10 people back from the stage right behind the riser section. It was a great show and we still made it to the game with 6:30 left in the first quarter!

Together, share this smile
    DMBnick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #188
    Toy Soldier

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Dave sounded great live. His voice was fine. The mix on TV sounded pretty bad for whatever reason.

Abraham Lincoln
    Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #189
    MsEmilyNYC
    Dreaming Tree Hugger

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
    Dave sounded great live. His voice was fine. The mix on TV sounded pretty bad for whatever reason.
    Glad to hear it. That mix was terrible.
    MsEmilyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #190
    DMBnick21

My Tour Central Stats

OK, I've got pics and video up. The video is kind of bad quality but the sound is good. I couldn't get whole songs cuz I was tired from standing up for 5 hours waiting to get in place. Hope you guys enjoy!

Facebook album

YouTube Video

Let me know if they're not working and I'll try and re post.

Has anyone that put their information down on getting a poster been contacted?

Together, share this smile
    DMBnick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #191
    moonandthestars

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

hey does anyone have the video from you and me? my boyfriend proposed to me during it at the NFL kickoff gig and it would be soooo sweet if we could get a hold of it, there is a 50 second long video on youtube but he didnt propose till the last half of the song and dave saw and everything! thanks yall it would be awsome!
    moonandthestars is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #192
    moonandthestars

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsEmilyNYC View Post
    Could someone please explain why the NFL thinks that poster is copyright infringement? I see nothing on it that says "NFL" at all.
    they tried to get the "WHO DAT?!" everything too...
    moonandthestars is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #193
    Minnie

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

It was freaking awesome. My daughter was part of the street crew, she got one of Dave's guitar pics, won the autographed mini helmet at the end of the show.

The set they played before the TV part was priceless; worth every minute of standing in the hot sun the day before to get the wristband.

Dave was awesome to play extra for the fans. It was hot, it had poured rain and stormed right before the show and he was determined to make it worth it for the fans.

He was cracking jokes about the humidity and then when the live broadcast began he was cutting up during the station breaks.

It was a very special two days and the poster and t-shirt were great.
    Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #194
    Minnie

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBnick21 View Post
    OK, I've got pics and video up. The video is kind of bad quality but the sound is good. I couldn't get whole songs cuz I was tired from standing up for 5 hours waiting to get in place. Hope you guys enjoy!

Facebook album

YouTube Video

Let me know if they're not working and I'll try and re post.

Has anyone that put their information down on getting a poster been contacted?

Your photos are fabulous, can I share them with my facebook friends? We did not bring a camera because they told us they would take them and keep them when we picked up our wristband.

I loved being a part of the experience but 1iota really screwed some people over.
    Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #195
    eidnarb
    ~brandie~

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moonandthestars View Post
    hey does anyone have the video from you and me? my boyfriend proposed to me during it at the NFL kickoff gig and it would be soooo sweet if we could get a hold of it, there is a 50 second long video on youtube but he didnt propose till the last half of the song and dave saw and everything! thanks yall it would be awsome!
    Congratulations, you're very lucky to have an awesome experience such as that!
    Old 09-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #196
    iuhoosier24

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

A great time in nola!!! DMB sounded great live, haven't checked my DVR yet. Why I Am>BDTH was incredible and something I'll never forget!! I loved watching the Saints Super Bowl Video/Tribute before the show too, brought back tears from that February night!! Great way to pass time! I stopped by the Merch booth Wed around 5:45 and he told me to come back at 7:00 when it closes and if no NFL staff were around, I'd get a poster. I'm a huge Saints and DMB fan and when I saw the poster it was perfect!! He was awesome and was able to let me buy two!! The poster is great and I can't wait to frame it. Heard many ppl were on the email list, hopefully they'll get that email and are able to get a poster! I may have one for sale if my friend doesn't want it. Nothing like being in New Orleans with DMB and the Saints!! An amazing 4 days for me down there!!!
    Old 09-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #197
    bosox220

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

hey hoosier24 if your friend doesnt want the poster i would love to purchase it from you. above i posted how i porposd to my gf at the show during you and me..... my question is did you happen to video tape that particular song?
    bosox220 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 AM   #198
    dmbmdnss1

Shows Seen: 159

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

what a great time.. I was lucky enough to be on the risers (Thanks adam) and it was amazing. Every time a parade float went by I was able to move closer to the stage until I was up front. Great show!! I also was able to see their soundcheck the day before, which was great.
    dmbmdnss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #199
    iuhoosier24

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hey hoosier24 if your friend doesnt want the poster i would love to purchase it from you. above i posted how i porposd to my gf at the show during you and me..... my question is did you happen to video tape that particular song?

i'll let you know if they don't buy it. congrats
    Old 10-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #200
    Seanleb90

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
    It was freaking awesome. My daughter was part of the street crew, she got one of Dave's guitar pics, won the autographed mini helmet at the end of the show.

The set they played before the TV part was priceless; worth every minute of standing in the hot sun the day before to get the wristband.

Dave was awesome to play extra for the fans. It was hot, it had poured rain and stormed right before the show and he was determined to make it worth it for the fans.

He was cracking jokes about the humidity and then when the live broadcast began he was cutting up during the station breaks.

It was a very special two days and the poster and t-shirt were great.
    I WAS THERE I TRIED TO GET THAT PIC LOL damn i looked everywhere for the one he threw in the street
    Seanleb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #201
    Seanleb90

My Tour Central Stats

I had a amazing time if I would have known they were selling poster i would have def bought one....it would look nice next to my original Hendrix 1969 original lol
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 805625-R1-17-8A.jpg (78.2 KB, 10 views)
    Old 10-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #202
    Seanleb90

My Tour Central Stats

Not to be a repeat poster but this was one of the best concerts beside Eric Clapton but who can argue against claptons greatness hope you guys like the picture ill upload some professional ones later
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #203
    Seanleb90

My Tour Central Stats

I hate to bump this thread but I have a question. Does anyone know where I can get the skull poster from the concert I want it so bad but they stopped selling them by the time I got there. Please pm me if you have info
    Old 01-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #204
    04calcondon
    ChiBampa

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

I still need submissions for these shows!!! Please someone send them and potentially be included in a book from and for the fans!

Did you go to a Dave Matthews Band show this year? Maybe it was more then one? Well I would love to hear from you!

The idea is to put together a fan book, where every show of 2010 is covered. As many words as you want about your experience!! Include what you did for tailgating, or post show if you want. Let us know why the show was special to you, or maybe why it fell a little short. Funny things that happened to you, people you met, your favorite song, the biggest surprise.. etc. If you have pictures with yourself in there, or just great shots of the band, feel free to include it.

The format idea:

The chapters will be each show. The chapter will start with the show name, a picture of the venue or the band playing at the venue and a setlist. Following that will be the fan accounts and a page or three of pictures from each show. Include your age if you would like to show the eclectic crowd DMB has. Include the amount of shows you have been to, and what show number that particular account is referring to.

If we can get this going, my goal is to get every show of 2010, bind it and send it to anybody who sent me their stories and then start spreading the word that it exist. Maybe someday it will reach the band. Thanks.

Send to: cal.condon@gmail.com
    Update: This idea has become a reality. The stories are coming in! Keep them coming, I want to make this something special for us to all hold on to.

Tags
    new orleans nfl swift cbs