<<<Shoreline 2012>>> - Page 21 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #601
caribbeandream

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: <<<Shoreline 2012>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
I've sat all over Shoreline — 100s, 200s, front of the lawn, middle of the lawn, very top of the lawn.

The 200s are weird. They're just far enough away that you don't feel consumed by the action, but they're not the free for all that the lawn becomes. The lawn can be nice if you get there early, stake out a good space and leave yourself room to stretch out. The 100s are definitely best, though.
Agree. I've done lawn pretty much only my first time at Shoreline in '99 and then for the Bridge Schools. I have always made it a priority for lawn shows to get in line ASAP to get a spot right on the rail in the center. It's nice to be up above the level below. I suppose if I had been in for A of the 200s, I wouldn't have been as annoyed. It's my own damn fault for getting crappy seats, but yes, next time I'll have to figure out a way to get better seats down in the 100s.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #602
    caribbeandream

My Tour Central Stats

I heard Mercy on KFOG this morning on my drive back up north. My first time hearing it on the radio, since I rarely listen to radio. Too bad they take off the outro on the radio. go figure. The outro is nice on the album version.
    Old 09-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #603
    remaininlite

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I'll agree the show was probably too mellow, but it all comes down to song placement. Lying in the Hands of God through Out of My Hands was such a snooze fest and that was like a 40-minute chuck of the show. Belly Belly Nice is not strong enough of a song to support that run of soft songs. This was like the jazz show part of the set. But I didn't want to see a jazz show. That just means the majority of the crowd gets restless and I get annoyed. Eh Hee is a shitty opener. I like the song, but it has mid-set written all over it. Just saying it again... I HATE OUT OF MY HANDS!!!!! Grey Street through LIOG was fun. And yes, I'm including Satellite. And I love Stanley Jordan. Finally a guest who doesn't force the band to play a small batch of songs. He'll play on anything. The Riff and Snow Outside. Do I like these songs? Sort of. Do I like them live? Absolutely not. Just so fucking dull.

After looking at this set list on paper, comparing it with the few others on this short second leg, I think I personally liked the SETLIST the best. (I also went to Irvine) The Gorge setlists all seemed so standard. So happy that Shoreline didn't get WAYG, YMDT, Can't Stop, You & Me, Thank You, Space Between, Time Bomb, and Cornbread. Gorge can have 'em.
    remaininlite is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #604
    remaininlite

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

By using all existing songs and just rearranging the order could vastly change the vibe of the show.

Seek Up
    Still Water »
    Don't Drink the Water
    Belly Belly Nice
    Eh Hee
    Gravedigger
    Rooftop
    Lying in the Hands of God
    Grey Street
    Seven
    Mercy »
    Out of My Hands
    Lie in Our Graves
    The Riff
    Snow Outside
    Satellite
    Ants Marching
    -----------------------------------
    Some Devil
    Halloween »
    Tripping Billies

Last edited by remaininlite; 09-10-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    remaininlite is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #605
    craven

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

First time to Shoreline. Nice venue. Flew out from the East Coast. Sat in row H of the 200s and was pretty disappointed by the view. I figured being in the front of the 2nd section wouldn't be a problem, but with no side screens being shown during the set, my wife and I were SOL with seeing anything on stage.
    Way too many non performance videos were shown on the back screens during the set when those screens could have shown actual moments happening on stage.

Mercy and Out of My Hands need to go next year. The guy in front of me fell asleep while his wife kept hitting him to wake up. He wasn't even drinking!

This is my first and hopefully last thread complaining about a show.
    craven is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #606
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Here are a couple videos I shot of the night.

Rooftop: http://youtu.be/NwsFKC5GmI0

Lie In Our Graves w/ Stanley Jordan: http://youtu.be/kyairXN_AUY

Halloween → Tripping Billies: http://youtu.be/GPDEUYKu9u0

I'll share some more as I up them to YouTube.

Last edited by 420th jimi; 09-10-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    420th jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #607
    TSlick7
    Farmers farm

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Methane just put the poster up on their site. $50 for those interested
    TSlick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #608
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TSlick7 View Post
    Methane just put the poster up on their site. $50 for those interested
    It was $40 at the show. Saw a guy drop $60 for one at the show. Guy had two posters, guy wanted one. They negotiated a final price of $60.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #609
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Got close to missing a poster at the show. Guy in front of me ordered one and was told they were out. There was the display and one they had set aside (to flip, of course) and he and I both insisted they either get more brought over to this booth, or cough up the one they were trying to flip. They ended up getting 40 more brought over after about a ten minute wait, so it ended up working out.

Such fucking bullshit that the merch people can pull posters out of the stack for themselves to sell on eBay later, or even gouge fans at the actual shows after the posters sell out.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 09-11-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #610
    fromchicago252

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Got close to missing a poster at the show. Guy in front of me ordered one and was told they were out. There was the display and one they had set aside (to flip, of course) and he and I both insisted they either get more brought over to this booth, or cough up the one they were trying to flip. They ended up getting 40 more brought over after about a ten minute wait, so it ended up working out.

Such fucking bullshit that the merch people can pull posters out of the stack for themselves to sell on eBay later, or even gouge fans at the actual shows after the posters sell out.
    Snagged my poster right as I went in...was happy to see such a limited run for such a huge venue. I ended up getting #111 too! Kinda cool...
    Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #611
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fromchicago252 View Post
    Snagged my poster right as I went in...was happy to see such a limited run for such a huge venue. I ended up getting #111 too! Kinda cool...
    What was the run?
    Old 09-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #612
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fromchicago252 View Post
    I didn't get into the venue till 7pm, so I'm not surprised I was close to missing out.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
    What was the run?
    600, I believe.
    Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #613
    efraser77
    026 | Grux Abides

Shows Seen: 49

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by k270 View Post
    Cool. Thanks. I ask because carribeandream was two rows ahead of me. Didn't know that until now. Was curious if anyone was actually in my row.
    You were two rows behind us? (I was sitting with her - great to see you again Katy!)

I didn't mind the seats because A) I'm 6'3"; and B) they were better than my seats for Chula or Irvine.

Setlist was kinda weird, and I thought Mr. Jordan was waaaaaaay better on R&R and DT than Satellite and LIOG. Still had a good time.

I mainly got the poster because it reminded me of the Berenstain Bears. So it's gonna go in my son's room, framed it today.

Last edited by efraser77; 09-11-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    efraser77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #614
    caribbeandream

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by efraser77 View Post
    You were two rows behind us? (I was sitting with her - great to see you again Katy!)

I didn't mind the seats because A) I'm 6'3"; and B) they were better than my seats for Chula or Irvine.

Setlist was kinda weird, and I thought Mr. Jordan was waaaaaaay better on R&R and DT than Satellite and LIOG. Still had a good time.

I mainly got the poster because it reminded me of the Berenstain Bears. So it's gonna go in my son's room, framed it today.
    Great to see you too! It was so nice to get to be with you and Pat for the show. Good times!!!
    Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #615
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 420th jimi View Post
    What was the run?
    Quote:
    I didn't get into the venue till 7pm, so I'm not surprised I was close to missing out.

600, I believe.
    It was 700. I only know because I asked the guy to my left who had a poster. Methane must of had extras because they were put on the site, $50. Ten bucks more than at the venue.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by efraser77 View Post

Yup. I was in seat 1, right on the aisle. The guy on the aisle two rows ahead of me had a NY Mets hat on and a Syracuse Sweat shirt. I also noticed 4 people either three or four rows ahead of me. One guy reminded me of Jeff Coffin.

Quote:
    Dodgers suck.
    Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #616
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It was 700. I only know because I asked the guy to my left who had a poster. Methane must of had extras because they were put on the site, $50. Ten bucks more than at the venue.
    Just looked at my poster, and it's numbered out of 600.

Methane keeps around 50 prints of every run to sell on their site. $50 has been the running price this year. If that upsets you, just wait until they "find" a few extras of the popular ones at the end of the tour and post them up at $300 a pop.
    Old 09-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #617
    thenarcissist31

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

i believe im the guy who was in front of you. watched the last poster get sold as i stepped up to the front of the line. supposedly their store policy is to not sell the display until after the show and clearly the workers pulled some aside for themselves which is a completely unacceptable practice.

also, at irvine they had specific POSTER ONLY lines which were not available at shoreline. this means that you have to stand in line behind people who have no clue what they want even when they reach the front of the line, then try on 7 different shirts in 5 different sizes. really poorly set up IMO
    thenarcissist31 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #618
    s_marinis
    drunk off BIG WHISKEY

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I highly doubt vendors would have the balls to flip a poster for more than the asking price at the venue.
    s_marinis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #619
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Just looked at my poster, and it's numbered out of 600.

Methane keeps around 50 prints of every run to sell on their site. $50 has been the running price this year. If that upsets you, just wait until they "find" a few extras of the popular ones at the end of the tour and post them up at $300 a pop.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thenarcissist31 View Post
    i believe im the guy who was in front of you. watched the last poster get sold as i stepped up to the front of the line. supposedly their store policy is to not sell the display until after the show and clearly the workers pulled some aside for themselves which is a completely unacceptable practice.

also, at irvine they had specific POSTER ONLY lines which were not available at shoreline. this means that you have to stand in line behind people who have no clue what they want even when they reach the front of the line, then try on 7 different shirts in 5 different sizes. really poorly set up IMO
    Just curious if anyone knows what the tent at Shoreline was with just posters in it? It had a banner hanging that said Warehouse Concierge. The people in line were given posters. Is it possible the posters given away were a run of 700, and the posters being sold were 600?

Quote:
    Dodgers suck.
    Old 09-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #620
    s_marinis
    drunk off BIG WHISKEY

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

On the other note my friend and I both wanted a poster and the guy in front of me snagged six, which left only the display. The vendor was nice enough to sell us the display. My friend and I rock paper scissored it and he won. You should never go scissors, if I had been any more sober I would have gone paper.
    s_marinis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #621
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by s_marinis View Post
    I highly doubt vendors would have the balls to flip a poster for more than the asking price at the venue.
    I've seen them try to do it. At Shoreline I heard them say "it's the bosses but he said we could sell it for $500"

At a two night stand a while back, the night one poster sold out. On night two, the merch booth had the N1 poster hanging up with a $300 hand written price tag on it.
    Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #622
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Just curious if anyone knows what the tent at Shoreline was with just posters in it? It had a banner hanging that said Warehouse Concierge. The people in line were given posters. Is it possible the posters given away were a run of 700, and the posters being sold were 600?
    It was probably where the Premium Ticket folk picked up their posters, jackets, lanyards and other crap that came with their package. Highly doubt they had 700 separate posters just for them though.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 09-12-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #623
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thenarcissist31 View Post

Oh, nice. Meant to ask if you were on Ants but we parted ways too quickly.
    Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #624
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It was probably where the Premium Ticket folk picked up their posters, jackets, lanyards and other crap that came with their package. Highly doubt they had 700 separate posters just for them though.
    These people already had their lanyards. The only thing that was given out were posters. Oh well, not a big deal. It was just a thought at why you could have a poster numbered 600, then the guy in my section had a poster with 700. When Methane put the remaining posters up i could swear the run said 700. Not a big deal. Just curious on what the run was.

Quote:
    Dodgers suck.
    Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #625
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Just looked on Methane and it does in fact say 700 edition.

Wtf. Mine is 289/600. Display at the show was also /600.
    Old 09-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #626
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Just looked on Methane and it does in fact say 700 edition.

Wtf. Mine is 289/600. Display at the show was also /600.
    I wonder if you e-mailed Methane and asked them if they could give you an answer without being assholes about it.

Quote:
    Dodgers suck.
    Old 09-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #627
    420th jimi
    West Coast LoVE!

My Tour Central Stats

Here are the videos I shot from the Shoreline show. Sorry it took me so long to post them.

Rooftop: http://youtu.be/NwsFKC5GmI0

LIOG w/ Stanley Jordan: http://youtu.be/kyairXN_AUY

Halloween --> Tripping Billies: http://youtu.be/GPDEUYKu9u0

The Riff --> Snow Outside: http://youtu.be/kB1Vvyedmg4

ending of Snow Outside (my battery died mid-song): http://youtu.be/LoG3rfSdwWY

Ants Marching: http://youtu.be/00urYF2lXvM

Belly Belly Nice: http://youtu.be/t91kQK2uL48

Grey Street: http://youtu.be/EnpW8SK4NXw

Satellite w/ Stanley Jordan: http://youtu.be/mKsc__-FbkY

Sweet: http://youtu.be/qgVTRQpl-XE

That's it for my videos from Shoreline. It looks like I shot about 10-12 songs at each Cali stop. I have posted my videos for the Chula (San Diego) stop and the Hollywood Bowl. Later today I will post my videos from the Irvine stop. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.