I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please - Page 401 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Live Releases
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-29-2022, 06:44 PM   #12001
Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by laststopdmb View Post
Is that a hint????
Nah not a hint, just saying announcement should come very soon. I don't know the details of the show but we should know in the next week or two.
Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-29-2022, 07:06 PM   #12002
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I get the impression 10.02.07 falls under the challenging category for a release with John Mayer and the Marley brothers and Co. having to sign off on it?
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-29-2022, 07:10 PM   #12003
    Dannyyankou

My Tour Central Stats

I'm going to snoop around a bit, I already found bundle links for tees and hoodies. Doesn't seem like this one will come with a poster though
    Old 08-29-2022, 07:21 PM   #12004
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    I'm going to snoop around a bit, I already found bundle links for tees and hoodies. Doesn't seem like this one will come with a poster though
    So we're going to hear what LT61 is waaayyy before the new studio album is announced, brilliant.
    Old 08-29-2022, 08:23 PM   #12005
    haiku.warrior
    the slow hand quickens

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Don't be shy. go ahead and reveal it lol
    I showed my therapist a Rashawn solo and she said his screeching high notes are his little way of getting attention and may be compensating for other shortcomings, such as lack of taste.
    haiku.warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-29-2022, 08:26 PM   #12006
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    So we're going to hear what LT61 is waaayyy before the new studio album is announced, brilliant.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haiku.warrior View Post
    Don't be shy. go ahead and reveal it lol
    Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

I can handle the spoiler, anything would be welcomed on my end besides D&T but that's just my personal preference, others would be ecstatic.

And '14 and '15 wouldn't please me, but others it would. Again, just me.
    Old 08-30-2022, 01:43 AM   #12007
    maythekarma1

Shows Seen: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Would be great if we got Dave and Tim Europe or Alpine 2012.

Or Bismarck once and for all. Can dream I guess.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    maythekarma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2022, 03:49 AM   #12008
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nah not a hint, just saying announcement should come very soon. I don't know the details of the show but we should know in the next week or two.
    Wow that's awesome. I was wondering if they were going to have to release two back to back for the time frame leading up to the Holiday release. Thanks!
    Old 08-30-2022, 05:52 AM   #12009
    Aforauer

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Maybe a little 2021 or 2022 release featuring some new songs bundled with album? One can dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aforauer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2022, 09:20 AM   #12010
    asuder

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

https://warehouse.shop.musictoday.com/product/dmdd184

61 is up!
    asuder is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2022, 02:26 PM   #12011
    bwillis1975

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

So, it's the 2005 Chula Vista show. I'm pretty lock certain that the last release this year will be a new show. Other than the Warehouse releases, no band LT since 2018 dates. Don't know if they want to release 2022 with the new songs they're playing but I'm willing to bet LT62 will be 2021/22.
    bwillis1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2022, 06:05 PM   #12012
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Was just listening to some of LT16, might be my favorite mix out of all DMB live shows
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2022, 07:10 PM   #12013
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Was just listening to some of LT16, might be my favorite mix out of all DMB live shows
    Wow I’m surprised. That’s always been one of my least favorite mixes. However, it’s an amazing show. I guess that shows how subjective mixes are.
    Old 09-14-2022, 12:46 PM   #12014
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cryfreedom09 View Post
    Wow I’m surprised. That’s always been one of my least favorite mixes. However, it’s an amazing show. I guess that shows how subjective mixes are.
    LT16 MIX
    Reading this I though about giving a little check to this mix with some tools. This is only my opinion, of course.

First of all, this was mixed by Chris Kress, who is, by far, my favorite engineer among the ones to mixed DMB live Trax and live albums.

EQ:
    In terms of EQ and balance, this mix is extremely good, to my ears. To be picky, there is a little "boominess" in the lows (around 60hz - 100hz). This is very subjective, but personally this is something that I like a lot. I like to hear Fonz, turned up till a point where he is high and punchy, but not annoying yet.
    On the other frequencies (low-mids, mids and highs), everything is perfectly balanced, and I don't hear any muddiness or harshness.

DYNAMICS
    This was certainly compressed up to a certain limit, but it still has some headroom, as the RMS (which is a parameter that measure loudness) is around -9 dB. If I can point something out, is that my metering tool detect a peak value around 0 dB (which is the maximum possible value). This means that the volume of this LT was turned up a lot, and it is possible that the sound was somehow brickwalled. If this happened or not, I cannot tell for sure, but it is quite strange to have a peak so high. Anyway, overall, dynamics sound pretty good to me (DR stays around 9).

STEREO IMAGE
    If I can make some remark to the mixing engineer, this is the weird choice to put all the instruments in the mid channel. I mean, all. Dave, Fonz and Carter (of course), but also Boyd and even Roi. Considering that this is a 2000 recording, and for sure was a multitrack, that is a questionable choice. Everything is compressed in the middle, and the stereo image is quite narrow, and this all over the recording. There is not much that a master engineer (Jonathan Russell, in that case) can do, at this point: even if you try to open up the sound, single instrument cannot be spaced (panned) apart anymore. They remain on the middle channel. So, this is basically the main issue of this release.

So, let's say that this mix, for me, is ⭐⭐⭐ (over 5).

You can see all of this quite clearly in this video:
    https://youtu.be/QVMqJwGDZkA
    Old 09-14-2022, 12:54 PM   #12015
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Awesome post XCacel, love the detail!
    Old 09-14-2022, 02:06 PM   #12016
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
    LT16 MIX
    Reading this I though about giving a little check to this mix with some tools. This is only my opinion, of course.

First of all, this was mixed by Chris Kress, who is, by far, my favorite engineer among the ones to mixed DMB live Trax and live albums.

EQ:
    In terms of EQ and balance, this mix is extremely good, to my ears. To be picky, there is a little "boominess" in the lows (around 60hz - 100hz). This is very subjective, but personally this is something that I like a lot. I like to hear Fonz, turned up till a point where he is high and punchy, but not annoying yet.
    On the other frequencies (low-mids, mids and highs), everything is perfectly balanced, and I don't hear any muddiness or harshness.

DYNAMICS
    This was certainly compressed up to a certain limit, but it still has some headroom, as the RMS (which is a parameter that measure loudness) is around -9 dB. If I can point something out, is that my metering tool detect a peak value around 0 dB (which is the maximum possible value). This means that the volume of this LT was turned up a lot, and it is possible that the sound was somehow brickwalled. If this happened or not, I cannot tell for sure, but it is quite strange to have a peak so high. Anyway, overall, dynamics sound pretty good to me (DR stays around 9).

STEREO IMAGE
    If I can make some remark to the mixing engineer, this is the weird choice to put all the instruments in the mid channel. I mean, all. Dave, Fonz and Carter (of course), but also Boyd and even Roi. Considering that this is a 2000 recording, and for sure was a multitrack, that is a questionable choice. Everything is compressed in the middle, and the stereo image is quite narrow, and this all over the recording. There is not much that a master engineer (Jonathan Russell, in that case) can do, at this point: even if you try to open up the sound, single instrument cannot be spaced (panned) apart anymore. They remain on the middle channel. So, this is basically the main issue of this release.

Very interesting to hear your analysis. I think with me it's the boominess that I didn't like. Don't get me wrong, I like the bass turned up in the mix. For example, to me the LT 3 mix is perfect and I've always felt Fonz is turned up pretty high but it never comes across as boomy like LT 16 does.

Nonetheless, awesome analysis.
    Old 09-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #12017
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cryfreedom09 View Post
    Very interesting to hear your analysis. I think with me it's the boominess that I didn't like. Don't get me wrong, I like the bass turned up in the mix. For example, to me the LT 3 mix is perfect and I've always felt Fonz is turned up pretty high but it never comes across as boomy like LT 16 does.

Nonetheless, awesome analysis.

It wouldn’t take that much to me to turn the lows down and make an alternative version just for your ears pleasure, my friend...
    Old 09-14-2022, 02:54 PM   #12018
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It wouldn’t take that much to me to turn the lows down and make an alternative version just for your ears pleasure, my friend...
    I think I might just love that, my friend 😊😊. No rush brother. If you are able to that it would be pretty dope!!
    Old 09-17-2022, 02:23 PM   #12019
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

So generous XCacel, I have learned so much this year about mixing for my own music and really love it, I enjoy reading your notes in detail
    Old 09-20-2022, 11:01 AM   #12020
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    LT16 MIX

EQ:

DYNAMICS

STEREO IMAGE

Quote:
    If anyone is interested in this alternative version, DM me for a "sample"
    Old 09-23-2022, 07:49 PM   #12021
    Dannyyankou

My Tour Central Stats

I'm convinced that Fiddler's N2 will be released in some form, whether it is a Live Trax or the free Warehouse download. A few reasons for this-

1: The set is pretty good. Not the best of 2022, but has a solid mix of classics and rarities.

2: It's, to my knowledge, the only show of the year with both no new songs and no guests. These can be barriers to live releases.

3: Dave's voice is pretty damn good. I'd say it's one of the best shows he's sounded of the entire tour. A good test is Fool In The Rain, that has some pretty tough notes and he sounds great.
    Old 09-24-2022, 05:27 AM   #12022
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm convinced that Fiddler's N2 will be released in some form, whether it is a Live Trax or the free Warehouse download. A few reasons for this-

1: The set is pretty good. Not the best of 2022, but has a solid mix of classics and rarities.

2: It's, to my knowledge, the only show of the year with both no new songs and no guests. These can be barriers to live releases.

3: Dave's voice is pretty damn good. I'd say it's one of the best shows he's sounded of the entire tour. A good test is Fool In The Rain, that has some pretty tough notes and he sounds great.

Definitely because there's no new songs, I think it's the next Warehouse release show. Unless the new album is released before this is announced.
    Old 09-24-2022, 09:14 AM   #12023
    NewOrleans

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

As much as I would love this, as I was in attendance, I cannot agree with the voice. The beginning of that show was atrocious. His voice sounded like a garbage disposal. The person I was with who hadn't seen them since 2015 asked if he always sounds this bad now or Dave was just sick tonight.
    NewOrleans is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2022, 02:59 PM   #12024
    bowa36

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

It's time.

June 11, 1996
    Garden State Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

Tripping Billies
    Seek Up
    #41 »
    Say Goodbye
    Watermelon Smilin' on the Vine »
    Two Step »
    Crash into Me
    Recently
    So Much to Say
    Dancing Nancies
    Toy Soldiers »
    Warehouse »
    Lie in Our Graves
    Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago »
    Too Much
    Drive In Drive Out »
    Ants Marching
    - - -
    Cry Freedom
    All Along the Watchtower
    Old 09-24-2022, 04:00 PM   #12025
    Matt83
    #11 (The Quirk)

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Red face Re: I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please

Yes, it's time for: https://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.a...=22&where=1998

Matt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2022, 04:32 PM   #12026
    haiku.warrior
    the slow hand quickens

My Tour Central Stats

it's time.

Dave Matthews Band
    August 5, 2004
    Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH

The Best of What's Around
    Satellite
    When the World Ends
    The Song That Jane Likes »
    Sugar Will
    I'll Back You Up
    So Much to Say »
    Anyone Seen the Bridge »
    Too Much
    Typical Situation
    Hello Again
    Crazy Easy
    Lie in Our Graves
    Lover Lay Down
    Warehouse
    Joyride
    The Stone
    - - -
    Crash into Me
    Stay (Wasting Time)
    I showed my therapist a Rashawn solo and she said his screeching high notes are his little way of getting attention and may be compensating for other shortcomings, such as lack of taste.
    Old 09-24-2022, 04:42 PM   #12027
    Dannyyankou

My Tour Central Stats

^ I agree with that

But I listened to this show recently, it's incredible-

https://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=453054748
    Old 09-24-2022, 05:38 PM   #12028
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Set 1 (Dave & Tim)

Pay for What You Get
    Recently
    I’ll Back You Up
    Typical Situation
    You Are My Sanity
    Minarets
    Stream
    Christmas Song

Set 2 (DMB)

One Sweet World
    Tripping Billies
    Song That Jane Likes
    Help Myself
    Dancing Nancies
    Satellite
    Granny
    Lie in Our Graves
    Minarets
    Halloween
    —————————
    Say Goodbye*
    Lover Lay Down
    Ants Marching

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=50&where=1993
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2022, 05:39 PM   #12029
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ^ I agree with that

I’d love for one of those ‘98 show with Herbie Hancock to get released. Probably a long shot, but that’d be awesome
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #12030
    haiku.warrior
    the slow hand quickens

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

this one is a hidden gem