***Official Cuyahoga Falls 2020 Thread*** - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
41antzmarching
41antzmarching

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

***Official Cuyahoga Falls 2020 Thread***

So what do I win for starting this thread? So looks like Cuyahoga Falls will be default DMB family road trip destination as the DMB Tampa/Orange Beach family beach destination shows are non-existent in 2020. My (3) teens had a blast at Gorge in September and immediately started asking about our next DMB stop. They are equally pumped for Cedar Point as they are for DMB. None of us have ever been to the O-H-I-O so I’m begging for any suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by 41antzmarching; 01-22-2020 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Bad punctuation
41antzmarching is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
    haiku.warrior
    the slow hand quickens

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Cuyahoga Falls 2020 Thread***

If you're also going to the Cincy show, check out Kings Island. It's Cedar Point, but only 200 miles south
    I might be at Cuyahoga as well. If so, I can't wait!
    I showed my therapist a Rashawn solo and she said his screeching high notes are his little way of getting attention and may be compensating for other shortcomings, such as lack of taste.
    haiku.warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
    m_estock

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 41antzmarching View Post
    So what do I win for starting this thread? So looks like Cuyahoga Falls will be default DMB family road trip destination as the DMB Tampa/Orange Beach family beach destination shows are non-existent in 2020. My (3) teens had a blast at Gorge in September and immediately started asking about our next DMB stop. They are equally pumped for Cedar Point as they are for DMB. None of us have ever been to the O-H-I-O so I’m begging for any suggestions. Thank you in advance!

If you're football fans you could also visit the pro football hall of fame in Canton. It's about 45 minutes south of Blossom.
    m_estock is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #4
    haiku.warrior
    the slow hand quickens

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by m_estock View Post
    If you're football fans you could also visit the pro football hall of fame in Canton. It's about 45 minutes south of Blossom.
    Totally forgot about this, but the Pro Football HOF is actually a really nice place. Highly recommend it if you're into football.
    I showed my therapist a Rashawn solo and she said his screeching high notes are his little way of getting attention and may be compensating for other shortcomings, such as lack of taste.
    Old 01-22-2020, 02:16 PM   #5
    derekwhite08

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Oh man please please tell me your not comparing Kings island and cedar point!? Almost like comparing blossom and riverbend. One is clearly better then the other.
    derekwhite08 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2020, 02:17 PM   #6
    haiku.warrior
    the slow hand quickens

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by derekwhite08 View Post
    Oh man please please tell me your not comparing Kings island and cedar point!? Almost like comparing blossom and riverbend. One is clearly better then the other.
    not "comparing" them, simply suggesting it if they like Cedar Point.
    yes, it'll be a huge letdown from Cedar Point, but still. worth the time if you have it.
    Old 01-22-2020, 02:18 PM   #7
    41antzmarching
    41antzmarching

My Tour Central Stats

I had plans for us to make our way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland but we are going to wait until DMB is in there; some say We may be waiting a bit
    Old 01-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #8
    41antzmarching
    41antzmarching

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by haiku.warrior View Post
    not "comparing" them, simply suggesting it if they like Cedar Point.
    yes, it'll be a huge letdown from Cedar Point, but still. worth the time if you have it.
    If it’s got roller coasters, they will love it...they’ve showed me some YouTube videos of cedar Point coasters and I will not be riding with them
    Old 01-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #9
    derekwhite08

My Tour Central Stats

You will have a great time no matter what. I love both cedar point and king's island but if I'm only hitting one stay north and do Blossom/cedar point. A lot of fun indoor waterparks around Sandusky too if you want to make a couple days of it.
    Old 01-22-2020, 05:48 PM   #10
    Strokjl

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

41Ants, if you head up to Cedar Point you could easily make it out to the Lake Erie islands. Put-in-bay and Kelly’s island both have touristy things and are alive in the summer. Don’t expect any beaches to stack up to Fla, but the nicer ones are all in that part of the state.

Cleve, has a slew of good museums. Their art museum is among the better in the country and free to the main collection (which is nearly all of it). That part of town is called university circle and is neighbors to the Little Italy and another walkable quirky neighborhood called Coventry.

There’s also the Cleve Zoo which can be an all day event or just half a day depending if you want to see it all. Plenty of minor league baseball or the Indians if that’s your flavor. Progressive park is a gem.

We have the national forest (which Blossom is technically within) along the old Erie Canal and the trails go all the way up into Cleveland.

End of June is nice because all of the summer stuff is full swing and the weather is usually pretty solid. The chance for snow is down under 10% by then. 🤣

I could go on, but I’m sure I’ve already annoyed the regulars with the length of this post. But you can’t go wrong with a CP trip and the islands. The location is unique and there’s plenty of fun things. (Don’t get sucked into the CP/KI debate. They’re both great, even if one is better)
    Strokjl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #11
    41antzmarching
    41antzmarching

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks everybody for the info....very much appreciated!
    Old 01-22-2020, 07:35 PM   #12
    robertccribb
    H.Hollow

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I have never been to Blossom it looks pretty cool. What is it like. I have been to Deer Creek, Gorge, Riverbend and our home venue is Alpine. Thinking of doing the two nighter at Deer Creek and then hitting Blossom? Thoughts ?
    robertccribb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2020, 08:37 PM   #13
    jssmith6
    every fire dies

Shows Seen: 71

My Tour Central Stats

Have family in the Canton area and finally making my way to Blossom. Is it difficult to get pit tickets on a tues from the warehouse?
    jssmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-23-2020, 05:24 AM   #14
    blumathu

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jssmith6 View Post
    Have family in the Canton area and finally making my way to Blossom. Is it difficult to get pit tickets on a tues from the warehouse?
    It is unlikely. I try every year and have never gotten pit at Blossom. I am a Dec '98 Warehouse member as well.
    blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-23-2020, 06:19 AM   #15
    jssmith6
    every fire dies

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
    It is unlikely. I try every year and have never gotten pit at Blossom. I am a Dec '98 Warehouse member as well.
    ok, well... darn. well I hope to get seat then! Thanks!
    Old 01-23-2020, 06:38 AM   #16
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

I have never been declined for Blossom, but I have never been confirmed for pit either. The absolute worst part of Blossom is the traffic situation on the way out. Parking pass is probably worth it, as it is by far the worst exit situation from any venue I have ever been to.

Cedar Point is way better than Kings Island, if you are choosing one over the other...line jumping passes are worth the investment if you are on a time crunch.

Rock Hall is one of those things, that once is good enough for your lifetime. Football HOF is pretty neat, can knock that out in 2 hours. Cuyahoga Valley National Park is awesome, and Free. Indians are in town the weekend before, depending on when you are making your way up.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #17
    donvito72

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by somuchtoplay View Post
    I have never been declined for Blossom, but I have never been confirmed for pit either. The absolute worst part of Blossom is the traffic situation on the way out. Parking pass is probably worth it, as it is by far the worst exit situation from any venue I have ever been to.
    PNC in Charlotte is the worst I've dealt with, but yeah - Blossom is a close 2nd. It's almost better to get there late and let them park you out by the road and just hike it inside.
    Old 01-26-2020, 08:26 PM   #18
    Hitman2001

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by robertccribb View Post
    I have never been to Blossom it looks pretty cool. What is it like. I have been to Deer Creek, Gorge, Riverbend and our home venue is Alpine. Thinking of doing the two nighter at Deer Creek and then hitting Blossom? Thoughts ?

I don't know how the tour will go this year, but I checked the first shows after three places Colorado(Utah 17 repeats of 21), Deer Creek(Riverbend 15 repeats of 21), and Alpine (DTE 17 of 20 repeated) they did a 2 night stand last year, and the first show after had 70% repeats from those two nights. Cleveland is a great time (I live in Columbus) but going after Deer Creek I hope you're okay with repeats, and a lot of them based off of last years trend....
    Old 01-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #19
    shafeman556

Shows Seen: 61

My Tour Central Stats

First time to this venue, but have heard good things. I'm booked at the Hampton Inn-Stow, looks to be around 5 miles from Blossom--probably not exactly walkable. I assume in this area there is ride share (Uber/Lyft)? Folks have said how bad traffic is getting in/out. How's the view from the lawn--or is this a place you want to be in the pavilion? I'm used to Deer Creek where the lawn is bomb!
    shafeman556 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-27-2020, 07:54 AM   #20
    donvito72

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shafeman556 View Post
    First time to this venue, but have heard good things. I'm booked at the Hampton Inn-Stow, looks to be around 5 miles from Blossom--probably not exactly walkable. I assume in this area there is ride share (Uber/Lyft)? Folks have said how bad traffic is getting in/out. How's the view from the lawn--or is this a place you want to be in the pavilion? I'm used to Deer Creek where the lawn is bomb!
    I would not recommend the lawn for this venue - very low roof on the pavilion - this is one of the few where I really think pavilion is the only way to go, but it's a GREAT venue, IMO. Short drive from Pittsburgh, so I've been here about 5ish shows including Dave & Tim a few years back.
    Old 01-27-2020, 08:02 AM   #21
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Lawn is not bad here. I would designate a driver (or be prepared to over pay for transportation)....there are no hotels that are walkable from Blossom and we have uber and lyft, but it is absolutely awful on concert days. My dad is a pretty reliable ride share driver (2000+ rides on both services) and he will not even entertain the thought of going to blossom on a show day.
    Old 01-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #22
    shafeman556

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by somuchtoplay View Post
    Lawn is not bad here. I would designate a driver (or be prepared to over pay for transportation)....there are no hotels that are walkable from Blossom and we have uber and lyft, but it is absolutely awful on concert days. My dad is a pretty reliable ride share driver (2000+ rides on both services) and he will not even entertain the thought of going to blossom on a show day.
    Is it worth walking well out of the venue on to Steels Corners Rd and finding a ride? With only two of us, a DD is often out of the question. As we found out at Tinley last year
    Old 01-27-2020, 09:12 AM   #23
    derekwhite08

My Tour Central Stats

That ain't happening man. There is literally nothing around for a couple miles
    Old 01-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #24
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is it worth walking well out of the venue on to Steels Corners Rd and finding a ride? With only two of us, a DD is often out of the question. As we found out at Tinley last year

Blossom is right in the middle of the Cuyahoga Valley National Parks, I think the land is actually part of the park system (technically). That being said, there is one way in, one way out (yes, there is technically a side road that enters by the Porthouse Theater, but it is typically closed for entrance, and not as commonly used for exit). The road out dumps off on steels corners rd, but it is basically pitch black (no sidewalks), and there are no drop off/pick up spots for miles. Most private drives block the end of their drive ways off and I believe Sarah's Vineyard right across the street gates off their drive.

You can take a chance on ride share, but it will be a gamble, and expensive if it works out. Best bet is to either set up a ride situation before the show or to just drink responsibly. I know, no fun, but it beats getting stranded, getting a dui, or walking 5 miles on a dangerous stretch of road.
    Old 01-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #25
    donvito72

My Tour Central Stats

I love getting a nice buzz and watching DMB as much as the next guy, but there's no part of "walking five miles" half in the bag that could sway me from just watching a show sober instead.
    Old 01-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #26
    shafeman556

My Tour Central Stats

Thanks for all the info!!
    Old 02-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #27
    jssmith6
    every fire dies

My Tour Central Stats

so how are uppers at blossom as it seems that is what I am getting from the warehouse. Cheers!
    Old 02-12-2020, 06:43 AM   #28
    somuchtoplay

My Tour Central Stats

depends on how much of a ticket snob you are (I am guilty of this, depending on what show it is), but I think anything in the pavilion is decent, except for the extreme far edges and the 40's--id rather be lawn than in the 40s sections.
    Old 02-13-2020, 03:10 PM   #29
    lenn

Shows Seen: 103

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

We are booked in the Stow Courtyard - and have already made arrangements with a local company that runs a concert bus to and from the venue.
    For $40 each they will drive us to/from the venue and stay at the show with our belongings (coolers, clothes, etc) in the vehicle for when we get out.
    I can get name for people when I get home - was given name by the hotel front desk when I made my reservation (asking if they had a shuttle).
    With the price for parking, this seems to be a pretty good deal to be able to party and get back while avoid driving.

Staybridge Suites was also mentioned as a good place to stay - they pick up there too.
    Old 02-18-2020, 07:29 AM   #30
    raven rr
    summer tour :woot

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

had some luck with the citi presale. I didn't even bother with a warehouse request this year.

scored pit. will likely try to trade for section 13