**Deer Creek 2012** - Page 1455 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #43621
wontburnthepig

Shows Seen: 102

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Deer Creek 2012**

Just got a job offer creekers! Haven't talked money yet but I don't really care at this point...I can always keep looking while working this job!

What a relief....
I am going to go buy some HOPSLAM now
wontburnthepig is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #43622
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

Shows Seen: 74

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jhinds76 View Post
    Drop the mike and walk off Rozz', you will never again achieve a funnier response. Well done and good luck with wherever you go from here.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepping View Post
    I'm remembering George in a particular Seinfeld episode.

"Goodnight everybody!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzHcTRC4ggc
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Rozz, you are always partying, even when you're not
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    We all go a little Rozz sometimes
    ramiro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #43623
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah plus you started blowing your nuts on her face finally didn't you?
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #43624
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wontburnthepig View Post
    Just got a job offer creekers! Haven't talked money yet but I don't really care at this point...I can always keep looking while working this job!

What a relief....
    congrats!!

should help me find a job that isnt kroger lol
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #43625
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wontburnthepig View Post

What a relief....
    This is awesome sauce! I want some Hopslam!

Cevin, where's my most likely to have it and have it in stock source in Indy? Looooooove me teh slamz hop

Last edited by btpeters; 01-11-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #43626
    walter

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Went to DMBc for the first time in a long while. It appears people have ALREADY turned on AFTW? Good Christ, this place is amazing.

Calling The Riff "horrible" and "sucks"? I think its clear now people only want songs that have already been recorded and played before they were ever able to go to shows.

Ridiculous
    I saw that thread a day or so ago and laughed as well. Especially at the part where the one poster said something like “nobody who saw those songs when they first were played would say AFTW is better” and then had his ass handed to him by people who felt exactly that way. I think in some ways, people are just nostalgic, and I think there is a nostalgia that is particularly strong for people who didn’t actually experience something first hand.
    You hear people on this site say that it will never get better than the early days. And on some levels that is true. No one was burnt out, there weren’t many jaded fanboys following the band, shows were more intimate and the band was still growing into the monster that they are now. But at the same time, if people are fair, when you listen to those tapes the band is pretty unpolished, the guys aren’t as proficient at their instruments as they are now (minus maybe Boyd) and a lot of the songs lack the sophisticated execution that they have now. For my money most of the songs that are still being played today have grown into better versions of themselves than they were in the early days.
    I think this nostalgia goes for specific songs as well, especially the ones that only had a tour or so of play. Sugar Will was a total bore as far as I am concerned when it was played in 04. People around me loudly yelled rude stuff at the stage as that intro just dragged on and on, people talked, no one paid attention. I really don’t think it was that great a song. Joy Ride is fun, but for a site that constantly complains about overtly political and uncreative lyrics, it doesn’t get much worse than that one. Hello again is great, but not better than the great songs on AFTW.
    As I have listened to it more and more, I really think AFTW is amazing. But I will say again, I don’t think you can really latch onto it unless you are close to where the band is developmentally. DMB is at its best when lyrics and music all mesh up, emotion of the lyrics riding the emotion of the musical composition. You can’t truly appreciate The Riff unless you are able to touch the things that those lyrics talk about. You can’t be 20 and truly appreciate:
    “Funny how time slips away/ lookin at the cracks creepin across my face/ I remember the little to kid livin in here/ He’ll be livin here probably till I’m dead/ Please don’t leave me baby/ Please don’t leave me yet”
    There is a longing in the musical composition that matches up with the longing in those lyrics. At 20, you are still a kid (no offense you 20ish year old creekers), I don’t think you can appreciate that sense of seeing age when you look in the mirror but feeling youth in your bones. Of grasping onto some portions of your youth and not wanting them to slip away.
    The riff is a fucking brilliant piece of song writing. But you aren’t going to put it on at a kegger. You aren’t going to go out and rage to it. It’s reflective; it’s whiskey and your wife by a fire. It’s about changing and letting go and finding a way to grow into your age without losing everything you love about your youth. And the way that song slides right into Belly Full is amazing, musically, emotionally and thematically.
    /rant
    Damn Whippersnappers, where’s my tapioca.

Last edited by walter; 01-11-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    walter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #43627
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

It's official. I have a Creek man crush on Walter.
    Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #43628
    walter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's official. I have a Creek man crush on Walter.
    How do you sig things?
    Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #43629
    walter

My Tour Central Stats

On a different note and I know none of you really care but:

Chudzinski? What the hell Browns?
    Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #43630
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by walter View Post

How do you sig things?

Go to reply to that post. Copy what's in the text box. Click my profile. On the side go down and find Edit Signature. Paste it in the box and click save signature
    Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #43631
    rlpi100

Shows Seen: 67

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I saw that thread a day or so ago and laughed as well. Especially at the part where the one poster said something like “nobody who saw those songs when they first were played would say AFTW is better” and then had his ass handed to him by people who felt exactly that way. I think in some ways, people are just nostalgic, and I think there is a nostalgia that is particularly strong for people who didn’t actually experience something first hand.
    You hear people on this site say that it will never get better than the early days. And on some levels that is true. No one was burnt out, there weren’t many jaded fanboys following the band, shows were more intimate and the band was still growing into the monster that they are now. But at the same time, if people are fair, when you listen to those tapes the band is pretty unpolished, the guys aren’t as proficient at their instruments as they are now (minus maybe Boyd) and a lot of the songs lack the sophisticated execution that they have now. For my money most of the songs that are still being played today have grown into better versions of themselves than they were in the early days.
    I think this nostalgia goes for specific songs as well, especially the ones that only had a tour or so of play. Sugar Will was a total bore as far as I am concerned when it was played in 04. People around me loudly yelled rude stuff at the stage as that intro just dragged on and on, people talked, no one paid attention. I really don’t think it was that great a song. Joy Ride is fun, but for a site that constantly complains about overtly political and uncreative lyrics, it doesn’t get much worse than that one. Hello again is great, but not better than the great songs on AFTW.
    As I have listened to it more and more, I really think AFTW is amazing. But I will say again, I don’t think you can really latch onto it unless you are close to where the band is developmentally. DMB is at its best when lyrics and music all mesh up, emotion of the lyrics riding the emotion of the musical composition. You can’t truly appreciate The Riff unless you are able to touch the things that those lyrics talk about. You can’t be 20 and truly appreciate:
    “Funny how time slips away/ lookin at the cracks creepin across my face/ I remember the little to kid livin in here/ He’ll be livin here probably till I’m dead/ Please don’t leave me baby/ Please don’t leave me yet”
    There is a longing in the musical composition that matches up with the longing in those lyrics. At 20, you are still a kid (no offense you 20ish year old creekers), I don’t think you can appreciate that sense of seeing age when you look in the mirror but feeling youth in your bones. Of grasping onto some portions of your youth and not wanting them to slip away.
    The riff is a fucking brilliant piece of song writing. But you aren’t going to put it on at a kegger. You aren’t going to go out and rage to it. It’s reflective; it’s whiskey and your wife by a fire. It’s about changing and letting go and finding a way to grow into your age without losing everything you love about your youth. And the way that song slides right into Belly Full is amazing, musically, emotionally and thematically.
    /rant
    I love 100% of this post Walt
    rlpi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #43632
    walter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rlpi100 View Post
    I love 100% of this post Walt
    Thanks Bob,
    I clearly haven't really listened to and thought about the album at all; I am just a DMB ballwasher. Just ask Crashintonick, he'll tell you.
    Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #43633
    jhinds76

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    /rant
    Well done Walter, and by well done I don't mean you burnt the meat. Great post
    Old 01-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #43634
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

I want a new full-band release. These LT are alright, actually more than that, but im jonesin for a new full band somethin. Id take the new WH disc, but lets be honest, itll get announced next week and well get it in october.
    MtSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #43635
    jhinds76

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MtSkier View Post
    I want a new full-band release. These LT are alright, actually more than that, but im jonesin for a new full band somethin. Id take the new WH disc, but lets be honest, itll get announced next week and well get it in october.
    I am in the minority but I want something from 2012. I don't care what part of the tour. Some AFTW would be nice but I really don't care how much AFTW I get. I love the album but I really don't care what the album splits are.
    Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #43636
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I am in the minority but I want something from 2012. I don't care what part of the tour. Some AFTW would be nice but I really don't care how much AFTW I get. I love the album but I really don't care what the album splits are.
    I agree. Of course the optimist in me says I want a show i was at but if take any 12 show. Even a winter one as long as it had snow outside on there.
    Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #43637
    jhinds76

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MtSkier View Post
    I agree. Of course the optimist in me says I want a show i was at but if take any 12 show. Even a winter one as long as it had snow outside on there.
    Snow Outside is one I can live without but I'd take it.
    Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #43638
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Snow Outside is one I can live without but I'd take it.
    Haha its definitely my favorite and most played off the album.

I wish this band would just do the Phish thing and release everything. Id be broke, but it would be sweet.
    Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #43639
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

My Tour Central Stats

Bob just posted on fb that he just got his ass bleached.

Is he trying to live up to his persona rollerblading in jorts with his walkman?
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #43640
    jhinds76

My Tour Central Stats

Oh Boy. I feel like Santa just delivered a bunch of fuck with Bobby tokens.
    Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #43641
    sean52692

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    /rant
    I agree w/ most of this.

I do disagree about appreciating the lyrics part. There's plenty of lyrics about things I've never done that I'm able to appreciate. I've never put a needle to my vein and I'm perfectly able to imagine, appreciate, respect and connect to the songwriting in RHyme & Reason. Basically, I think, you don't have to literally do something in order to connect with lyrics.

I'm able to appreciate that line in the riff just fine. Maybe I connect easier than others.
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #43642
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    so is bob prepping for a round from the easter bunny then?
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #43643
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

My Tour Central Stats

stoned agaiinn........awww yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

but really im stoned
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Old 01-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #43644
    twostep03

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rlpi100 View Post
    I love waking up and having the feeling of "hell yea, its Friday."
    Its been a loooooong week it seems
    not when you have to work on saturdays

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jordan#41 View Post
    Dave Matthews has the worst taste in Dave Matthews Band music.
    twostep03 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #43645
    erey8752
    Stat Pro

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Colts are out... back to the IU avatar!
    erey8752 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #43646
    myersk27

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is awesome sauce! I want some Hopslam!

Cevin, where's my most likely to have it and have it in stock source in Indy? Looooooove me teh slamz hop
    Drive up to vine and table in Carmel. $63 per case of 24. Best deal around. Otherwise crown on southport or kahns downtown or crown downtown.
    Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #43647
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I agree w/ most of this.

I do disagree about appreciating the lyrics part. There's plenty of lyrics about things I've never done that I'm able to appreciate. I've never put a needle to my vein and I'm perfectly able to imagine, appreciate, respect and connect to the songwriting in RHyme & Reason. Basically, I think, you don't have to literally do something in order to connect with lyrics.

I'm able to appreciate that line in the riff just fine. Maybe I connect easier than others.
    It'll mean a lot more a hit home better when you get that age though, I think that's what he's trying to say. I don't think he's discussing respect or appreciation so much as that.

Like I said earlier, I always loved the Lillywhite Sessions before and appreciated it, but as I'm entering a different, later age it's hitting a whole lot closer and making even more sense than it did before. You got some years to go, but you'll see.
    Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #43648
    Jsc6545

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

The hell is with this weather
    Jsc6545 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #43649
    rlpi100

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ramiro24 View Post
    Bob just posted on fb that he just got his ass bleached.

Is he trying to live up to his persona rollerblading in jorts with his walkman?
    Quote:
    I made a rookie mistake and left my phone on the table when I went to the bathroom last night.
    Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #43650
    rlpi100

My Tour Central Stats

1 week from today! Lets Go Hawks!