Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour - Page 89 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-26-2020, 05:40 AM   #2641
ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
yeah I know. My post are pretty harmless for the most part though.

Can’t wait to get back to shows man. Like I’m seriously considering going to SPAC
either this tour or the next. Phish takes priority over dmb for me this summer. I don’t know how much I can travel with a new job that’s actually a career. Corona ruined my last summer as just a part time worker where I can travel whenever I want. Oh well. One day I plan on making a dmb weekend at SPAC.

You'll find that continuing to improve your career typically allows you to travel more
ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #2642
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    It saddens me how stupid some people were from the get go.
    Quote:
    I don’t know how anyone can judge post from way back in March and April about this thing. Nobody knew a damn thing back then, and people were posting optimistically

Yeah of corse people were going to do their own thing eventually. Its such a surprise people are social creatures, and don’t want to stay under restrictions.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb41er View Post

The whole "nobody could have known" excuse is insane and there is a big difference between being optimistic and being uninformed.
    Quote:
    Exactly!
    Quote:
    Idk saying “see ya’ll in May” doesn’t really seem like an outburst. You calling me a moron like 7 months later isn’t slightly immature or an outburst? Common man don’t be hypocritical.
    It’s not like I logged on 7 months later to call you a moron. I was just adding some emphasis on what the others were saying about you. Specifically about the ‘nobody could have known’ comment.
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #2643
    sean52692

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Ain't a snowballs chance in hell you clowns are getting a 2021 tour.
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 07:47 AM   #2644
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yeah I know. My post are pretty harmless for the most part though.

Can’t wait to get back to shows man. Like I’m seriously considering going to SPAC
    either this tour or the next. Phish takes priority over dmb for me this summer. I don’t know how much I can travel with a new job that’s actually a career. Corona ruined my last summer as just a part time worker where I can travel whenever I want. Oh well. One day I plan on making a dmb weekend at SPAC.
    SPAC is fun. You should go there regardless of what band you pick.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 07:55 AM   #2645
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 View Post
    SPAC is fun. You should go there regardless of what band you pick.
    I want to see DMB specifically at SPAC. When I do make the trip, it’s going to be for DMB.
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:00 AM   #2646
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Is the lawn at SPAC as bad as some say? I want to make the trip in 22 for DMB and I know how tough tickets are for seats. Would be going for the first and maybe only time be worth it on the lawn? I'll have my fiance who likes a little space and hopefully my then 9 year old son who is a DMB vet.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:05 AM   #2647
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I’ll be the first to admit that I was overly optimistic at the beginning of the year. I thought “hey, this thing is serious, but we’ll all do what we need to do to stay safe, and it just may pass.” Never agreed with the non-essential business shutdowns, but that’s neither here nor there.

I do think it’s funny that it’s ultimately turned into a competition of “you were wrong, I was right” with a bunch of Monday morning QBs with their “this post didn’t age well” analysis. Whatever you felt 10 months ago, the end game is the same for everyone. So I’ll continue the optimism and say we’ll see shows in 2021. If you all want to sit there and be all frumpy with big ol dumps in your pants, go ahead.

You can’t control what ultimately happens, but you can control your attitude about it.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #2648
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Is the lawn at SPAC as bad as some say? I want to make the trip in 22 for DMB and I know how tough tickets are for seats. Would be going for the first and maybe only time be worth it on the lawn? I'll have my fiance who likes a little space and hopefully my then 9 year old son who is a DMB vet.
    Yeah, it’s pretty bad.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:13 AM   #2649
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, it’s pretty bad.
    Thats what I feared. I dont want to spend all the money to get there and have a subpar experience because of the lawn. I may see if I can take a solo trip. SPAC and Camden are the only big annual stops i haven't been to. We are trying for Camden if this summer happens. I may try for a solo trip to SPAC in 22. Would it be that tough to get a single pav each night?
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #2650
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thats what I feared. I dont want to spend all the money to get there and have a subpar experience because of the lawn. I may see if I can take a solo trip. SPAC and Camden are the only big annual stops i haven't been to. We are trying for Camden if this summer happens. I may try for a solo trip to SPAC in 22. Would it be that tough to get a single pav each night?
    It’s not as bad as people make it out to be
    Yes, getting any tix is very hard let alone both nights. You would have better luck last minute but that wouldn’t really help unless you were willing to take lawn.

Ps about a zero chance of getting three pav together

Last edited by willndmb; 11-26-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:23 AM   #2651
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thing about SPAC is there is more to it than just the 5 hours of shows. The town is flooded with some of the most loyal fans out there, downtown before and after shows is a blast, tailgates are great. It’s one of the best weekends of the year. Not sure if all that applies to a family trip though.

Sure, you can find a tiny bit of space in the very back corners of the lawn, but the sound and sight lines are bad. Anything in the area of the lawn where you’d want to be for the best sound and vision are a packed mess!

Singles are much easier to come by especially if you are able to put in a little effort. Finding 3 seats together inside is near impossible at a reasonable price.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:27 AM   #2652
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thing about SPAC is there is more to it than just the 5 hours of shows. The town is flooded with some of the most loyal fans out there, downtown before and after shows is a blast, tailgates are great. It’s one of the best weekends of the year. Not sure if all that applies to a family trip though.

Sure, you can find a tiny bit of space in the very back corners of the lawn, but the sound and sight lines are bad. Anything in the area of the lawn where you’d want to be for the best sound and vision are a packed mess!

Singles are much easier to come by especially if you are able to put in a little effort. Finding 3 seats together inside is near impossible at a reasonable price.
    The more I think about it the more it sounds like a solo trip to a DMB mecca. My fam wouldn't care about or like all the extras. Plus it would be a lot cheaper to go by myself and that would free up funds to try to get a better seat for myself if I had to pay a bit more for it.
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:40 AM   #2653
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The more I think about it the more it sounds like a solo trip to a DMB mecca. My fam wouldn't care about or like all the extras. Plus it would be a lot cheaper to go by myself and that would free up funds to try to get a better seat for myself if I had to pay a bit more for it.
    I have no kids, so I might not be the best person to speak on the subject but I’d say that’s a better option. There is a 2 ticket limit, so unless you want to spend 3k for tickets it’s not realistic to get 3 seats together, even for one night.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:42 AM   #2654
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I have no kids, so I might not be the best person to speak on the subject but I’d say that’s a better option. There is a 2 ticket limit, so unless you want to spend 3k for tickets it’s not realistic to get 3 seats together, even for one night.
    I didnt realize there was a ticket limit. So yeah its a solo trip if it happens.
    Old 11-26-2020, 08:48 AM   #2655
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I didnt realize there was a ticket limit. So yeah its a solo trip if it happens.
    Pretty sure WH and TM (at least the normal priced tickets) have become a limit of two for everything inside. A few years ago you could still request 4 “uppers”, but they made almost the whole shed priced the same. I think sec 13/14 were still cheaper, and the far corners of the balcony, but feel like they were a 2 ticket limit as well.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 11-26-2020, 09:01 AM   #2656
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The lawn is infinitely worse than people make it out to be, do not fly from Georgia to NY if you can't get seats. Unless having drunk and sweaty high school kids all over you while standing on an uncomfortable slant while staring at the back of a building with little to no view of the stage is your thing it's a big mistake. I've gone multiple times from MA and regretted talking myself into being in the lawn every time. If you get seats it is great as is Ballsfest. The trip to The Gorge is a better experience.
    Old 11-26-2020, 09:10 AM   #2657
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Ain't a snowballs chance in hell you clowns are getting a 2021 tour.
    Yeah. That's why I'm not too worried about our reschecduled Disney trip conflicting with the DMB shows here in Ohio/Indiana. There's no way they're going to go from not letting 10 people get together in December, to it being okay for 20,000+ to crowd into a venue by June. The situation is only going to get worse over the winter. I don't care how good the vaccines are, it's just too small of a turnaround time. Won't happen.

I'm not being pessimistic. But I think these people who are thinking vaccines = normal life by summer are in for a rude awakening.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #2658
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    The lawn is infinitely worse than people make it out to be, do not fly from Georgia to NY if you can't get seats. Unless having drunk and sweaty high school kids all over you while standing on an uncomfortable slant while staring at the back of a building with little to no view of the stage is your thing it's a big mistake. I've gone multiple times from MA and regretted talking myself into being in the lawn every time. If you get seats it is great as is Ballsfest. The trip to The Gorge is a better experience.
    I've been to the Gorge and its amazing. SPAC is the last major destination for DMB annual stops. Camden too but it isn't on the level of the rest of the 2 nighters except WPB.

I won't be attempting to take the fam to SPAC. In 22 ill try for pairs to take my fiance or son. If I get shut out ill make it a solo trip and get a seat for myself each night.
    Old 11-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #2659
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Is there camping or relatively cheap places to stay anywhere near the festivities?
    Old 11-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #2660
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is there camping or relatively cheap places to stay anywhere near the festivities?
    Camping (good camping) within 10-15 miles, lodging is extremely pricey unless you book before dates are announced. B&Bs are an option as well

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 11-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #2661
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've been to the Gorge and its amazing. SPAC is the last major destination for DMB annual stops. Camden too but it isn't on the level of the rest of the 2 nighters except WPB.

I won't be attempting to take the fam to SPAC. In 22 ill try for pairs to take my fiance or son. If I get shut out ill make it a solo trip and get a seat for myself each night.

Awesome, yeah I would just hate to see you have the same experience with the lawn coming from GA. SPAC with seats really is worth it and there's basically no bad seats, as is Ballsfest, and the little city of Saratoga offers a lot. It's the type of trip where if you do it right (with getting seats) you'll love it!

... balcony kicks ass
    Old 11-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #2662
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Awesome, yeah I would just hate to see you have the same experience with the lawn coming from GA. SPAC with seats really is worth it and there's basically no bad seats, as is Ballsfest, and the little city of Saratoga offers a lot. It's the type of trip where if you do it right (with getting seats) you'll love it!

... balcony kicks ass
    It’s an amazing weekend when done right!

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 11-26-2020, 12:30 PM   #2663
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

... balcony kicks ass
    It's #1 on my DMB bucket list unless they play Red Rocks again. I'm going to try my damndest to make it there in 22.
    Old 11-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #2664
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Camping (good camping) within 10-15 miles, lodging is extremely pricey unless you book before dates are announced. B&Bs are an option as well
    Thanks. I like my lodging as cheap as possible as all I do there is sleep.
    Old 11-26-2020, 02:57 PM   #2665
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Like don’t drink I’m going to do a solo trip sometime in the next two tours. How’s the pit at SPAC? I’ll be trying for pit tickets. Not going to fly up there and do lawn lol. I have actually never done lawn at a show ever.

Last edited by tyler3440; 11-26-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2020, 03:35 PM   #2666
    prdstmnky36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Like don’t drink I’m going to do a solo trip sometime in the next two tours. How’s the pit at SPAC? I’ll be trying for pit tickets. Not going to fly up there and do lawn lol. I have actually never done lawn at a show ever.
    It’s like 500 tickets, and probably the most sought after, so don’t get your hopes up.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 11-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #2667
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah I just want a seat anywhere in the pavilion. I dont care about pit especially as I get older.
    Old 11-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #2668
    IndyDMB

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I did the lawn there for my first trip last year and it was fine. Had a great time. Had no issues at all.

2024 - Deer Creek & Gorge
    IndyDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2020, 05:14 PM   #2669
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks. I like my lodging as cheap as possible as all I do there is sleep.
    Hotels will be like $180 before dates are announced and will shoot up a lot once they are.
    If it is during race season they will be high from the get go

If you are willing to drive a little you can get a lot cheaper but then you miss a lot of the fun around town without it being a hassle imo

For Camden, def stay in Philly and drive or take the boat across the river.
    There are actually a couple hotels right next to the boat launch
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2020, 05:56 PM   #2670
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pretty sure WH and TM (at least the normal priced tickets) have become a limit of two for everything inside.
    TM/LN was a limit of 4 for seats for 2020. I scored a face value trio for N1 in Section 2.

But yeah, in general, it's almost impossible to get more than 2 together without paying an arm and leg

Quote:
    ... balcony kicks ass
    Anywhere in Sec 15 is the best seat in the house, IMO. Balcony is always our preference

Quote:
    One of, if not the, smallest pits on tour. Cramped like other pits, and if you're not on the rail/stage, it isn't worth it IMO to be uncomfortably squished and without ability to come and go freely. Seats >>> pit for me all day.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote