The Batson Sessions: DMB Studio Efforts from 2006 Leaked - News Discussion - Page 101 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-02-2023, 03:29 PM   #3001
rmp207

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Batson Sessions: DMB Studio Efforts from 2006 Leaked - News Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancheatham View Post
We have 1 and 3 - Disc 2 is the one that never came out. The dates are written DD/MM/YY, which is where it gets a little confusing as to which is which.
I remember the photos when they were first posted but I can’t remember did the second disk show a playlist?
rmp207 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-03-2023, 09:13 PM   #3002
    Doezer

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Thank you but these don’t sound like his remastered version. Brain did some outstanding work bringing these up to official release worthy standards. I’m looking for those in particular
    Doezer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2023, 08:32 PM   #3003
    JimmyGBuckets

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I just discovered these this week. Before this summer, I haven't been really closely following DMB for about 6 years, so I completely missed this. Finding these has been incredible. The story of how these discs came into existence is amazing too. Thank you to whoever actually obtained and leaked these. And thank you to Butch's friend who kept these CDs in good condition for over a decade.

From what I've been able to backread, it looks like people are lukewarm on the drum machines on a lot of these. I absolutely love it. They're demos, but it's so fun to hear how these songs developed.

Both of these tapes remind me of Andy Partridge's (of XTC's) whole series of unreleased demos on the Fuzzy Warbles tapes. I really hope DMB does something similar at some point in time. Just throw together discs of unreleased, completely raw demos and put them out there. People would eat it up. Even if they're bad (and any XTC fans know there are plenty of god-awful songs on those albums).
    JimmyGBuckets is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-07-2023, 08:39 PM   #3004
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

The two songs we will never hear studio versions.

Spotlight and Shotgun (officially released).
    Old 09-21-2023, 11:00 AM   #3005
    Doezer

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Okay, so I tried the SoundCloud and even bought a premium account only to find out I couldn’t download the songs directly onto my drive.

Can anyone please help me download these 2 discs via google, media or mega etc…?

I’m even willing to discuss an old fashioned B&P!

I’m trying to out these on disc for a friend of mine. She could use the lift and would be beyond giddy and grateful for them. Any and all help is much appreciated!
    Doezer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2023, 01:13 PM   #3006
    Mountains#41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doezer View Post
    Okay, so I tried the SoundCloud and even bought a premium account only to find out I couldn’t download the songs directly onto my drive.

Can anyone please help me download these 2 discs via google, media or mega etc…?

I’m trying to out these on disc for a friend of mine. She could use the lift and would be beyond giddy and grateful for them. Any and all help is much appreciated!
    Don't know if you have the capability to rip this but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lDXcSxTOL4
    Mountains#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2023, 01:35 PM   #3007
    Hilly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doezer View Post

You mean leaked DMB music? Who told you about that? What is his name? I want it.

You're trying to illegally download music. What you've just done is illegal, and on this forum, if convicted, you could be fined up to $5,000 or spend six months in a correctional facility.
    Old 09-21-2023, 01:55 PM   #3008
    dmbnufan
    Go Cubs

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    You mean leaked DMB music? Who told you about that? What is his name? I want it.

You're trying to illegally download music. What you've just done is illegal, and on this forum, if convicted, you could be fined up to $5,000 or spend six months in a correctional facility.
    I imagine this is sarcasm...
    Old 09-21-2023, 04:08 PM   #3009
    Mountains#41

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

God those illegal download facilities really stick it to prisoners I've heard too. I think there are former convicted college students from like 2002 still there from the napster days! They really came down hard back then.

It's straight up brainwashing to get you on the right track in life again. Paying for music and leaving unreleased/unofficial releases alone! Don't touch em! Don't look at em!

Hope you'll be ok Doezer and hope you've learned your lesson. Don't do it again.

Last edited by Mountains#41; 09-21-2023 at 04:09 PM.
    Mountains#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-21-2023, 04:11 PM   #3010
    howie15

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I'll juice you up!
    howie15 is offline   Reply With Quote