The NHL Thread - Page 1011 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 09-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #30301
dmbetc
AM.org Moderator
 
dmbetc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 33,972

Shows Seen: 70

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbogast View Post
Pretty sure Quebec Nordiques was Greg (aeroshady). Haven't seen him in here for a while
Oh yeah..I knew it was a Rangers fan.
__________________
Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
Go Kings Go.
dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #30302
    dmbetc
    AM.org Moderator
     
    dmbetc's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 33,972

    Shows Seen: 70

    Re: The NHL Thread

    New page, still weird

    http://imgur.com/b1nDkGI
    __________________
    Sarah

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #30303
    coldengrey12
    St. Vincent Sometimes
     
    coldengrey12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Bay Area
    Posts: 38,480

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    Yeah I don't love these. Especially after seeing how cool their new third sweaters look. Was hoping for more like that.
    I'm gonna be in the "cheap" seats. Big numbers sound good to me.

    Those new 3rd sweaters look sharp, though.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 07:34 AM   #30304
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn
     
    unccrombie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Posts: 43,750

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    New page, still weird

    http://imgur.com/b1nDkGI
    Draft Kings.
    Definitely weird.
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #30305
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008
     
    TMoore4075's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Hockeytown
    Posts: 22,650

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    Tim I apologize for my moms Facebook reply to you, she thought you were her cousin.
    LOL no problem. Was funny.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waterboy100 View Post
    So, last year the idea of a keeper league was tossed around. I've been thinking about the number and type of players that should be allowed to be kept. After speaking to a buddy of mine we came to the following conclusions

    'Real' draft: Worst team drafts first...
    5 Keepers: Max of 2 forwards, 2 d-men, 1 goalie
    No keeping your previous years first round pick: This allows true superstars to be released back into the pool.

    Let me know what you think...

    edit: First round picks were:
    Sidney Crosby
    Steven Stamkos
    Corey Perry
    Alex Ovechkin
    Tuukka Rask
    Evgeni Malkin
    Patrick Kane
    Henrik Lundqvist
    Jonathan Quick
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Claude Giroux
    Jamie Benn
    This sounds ok to me. Thanks for the list, helps me out, also makes it easier to make my choices for keepers.
    __________________
    ~Tim
    Facebook Me - My Red Wings/Hockey BLOG

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #30306
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008
     
    TMoore4075's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Hockeytown
    Posts: 22,650

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Still need to make a decision on forwards. Johnny Hockey or Pavel? Probably Gaudreau since Pavel will miss time to start the year. Maybe I can grab him in the draft still.
    __________________
    ~Tim
    Facebook Me - My Red Wings/Hockey BLOG

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #30307
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008
     
    TMoore4075's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Hockeytown
    Posts: 22,650

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Also read this morning that the young Wings (no stars played) had a nice third period against a Hawks team that had a lot of their stars on the ice. Down 4-1, came back to force OT. Not that it matters at all but nice to see the young kids play well. Guessing Wings put a lot of the stars in tonight at home. No need to travel the veterans and let the home fans see them instead of on the road.
    __________________
    ~Tim
    Facebook Me - My Red Wings/Hockey BLOG

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #30308
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Tampa Bay
    Posts: 26,637

    Shows Seen: 162
    Send a message via AIM to UCFish

    Re: The NHL Thread

    This Kane story just took an absurd turn.
    __________________
    Nacho Boy
    162 shows and counting
    WhT campaigner. In memory of shiny tape and misappropriated funds
    UCFish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #30309
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1
     
    gocubsgo3822's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Ruh roh
    Posts: 69,956

    Shows Seen: 138

    Re: The NHL Thread

    educate yourself. Kane gains nothing by doing this
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    "The news was broke by 'dmbmuskie' on a 90's college band message board" - CBS Sports
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #30310
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh
     
    Tiduwho's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Posts: 60,390

    Shows Seen: 0
    Send a message via MSN to Tiduwho

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Shit makes no sense. Lost.

    Shady shit that doesn't make sense.
    __________________

    "And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

    - Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #30311
    fonzz41
    The Gabe Abides
     
    fonzz41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: UT
    Posts: 10,991

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbogast View Post
    Pretty sure Quebec Nordiques was Greg (aeroshady). Haven't seen him in here for a while
    How dare he desecrate such a sacred name
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waterboy100 View Post
    Anyways, that should wrap up my posts for tonight, let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks for all your work on this.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    I'm gonna be in the "cheap" seats. Big numbers sound good to me.

    Those new 3rd sweaters look sharp, though.
    Yeah, I don't care about the numbers like some do. The sweaters themselves just aren't that cool.

    Yeah, the 3rd sweaters are awesome.

    For those who haven't seen them: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...204804696.html

    EDIT: Coldengrey, do you go to many games? I'm making the trip out to go see them play the Bruins on the 14th. Would be rad to meet up.
    __________________
    -Matty
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    Anyone that disagrees with Matty is wrong and should go fuck themselves.
    fonzz41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #30312
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008
     
    TMoore4075's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Hockeytown
    Posts: 22,650

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Just read the Kane stuff. wtf is going on?
    __________________
    ~Tim
    Facebook Me - My Red Wings/Hockey BLOG

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 02:50 PM   #30313
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number
     
    barbogast's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Charlottesville, VA
    Posts: 11,232

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    Just read the Kane stuff. wtf is going on?
    This is my thought as well
    __________________
    LET'S GO CAPS

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    I sort of want the Caps to win because Barbs is awesome
    barbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #30314
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number
     
    barbogast's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Charlottesville, VA
    Posts: 11,232

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    educate yourself. Kane gains nothing by doing this
    Why would anyone think he would? If anything I would say this looks bad for him. Like really bad.
    __________________
    LET'S GO CAPS

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    I sort of want the Caps to win because Barbs is awesome
    barbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #30315
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE
     
    DMBZeppelin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Griffith, IN
    Posts: 37,539

    Shows Seen: 82
    Send a message via AIM to DMBZeppelin

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Ya this Kane shit is crazy. How did the police let this happen?
    __________________

    Tour 2021: Deer Creek [8/13] [8/14] & Grand Rapids [11/06]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #30316
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15
     
    lockman21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 28,199

    Shows Seen: 240

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waterboy100 View Post
    So, last year the idea of a keeper league was tossed around. I've been thinking about the number and type of players that should be allowed to be kept. After speaking to a buddy of mine we came to the following conclusions

    'Real' draft: Worst team drafts first...
    5 Keepers: Max of 2 forwards, 2 d-men, 1 goalie
    No keeping your previous years first round pick: This allows true superstars to be released back into the pool.

    Let me know what you think...

    edit: First round picks were:
    Sidney Crosby
    Steven Stamkos
    Corey Perry
    Alex Ovechkin
    Tuukka Rask
    Evgeni Malkin
    Patrick Kane
    Henrik Lundqvist
    Jonathan Quick
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Claude Giroux
    Jamie Benn
    I like it!
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
    lockman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #30317
    rustysurf83
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Location: WA
    Posts: 4,938

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    Ya this Kane shit is crazy. How did the police let this happen?
    This is what I would guess happened: Rape kit was taken at hospital and put in the envelope being discussed. Rape kit in envelope was delivered to lab. Lab opened the envelope to test the rape kit. After testing kit was put in new envelope. Original envelope ended up in the trash. Some dumpster diving Kane fanboi found it and has a sick sense of humor.
    rustysurf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #30318
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008
     
    TMoore4075's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Hockeytown
    Posts: 22,650

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rustysurf83 View Post
    This is what I would guess happened: Rape kit was taken at hospital and put in the envelope being discussed. Rape kit in envelope was delivered to lab. Lab opened the envelope to test the rape kit. After testing kit was put in new envelope. Original envelope ended up in the trash. Some dumpster diving Kane fanboi found it and has a sick sense of humor.
    I dunno. You'd think that the girls lawyer would have asked "hey is this just the first envelope and you've since put it in another?" before doing this. I know someone could say he wanted the attention but if the cops come out and say "yeah we have it in an new envelope now, nothing mischievous has happened" that would make him look stupid.
    __________________
    ~Tim
    Facebook Me - My Red Wings/Hockey BLOG

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 09:46 AM   #30319
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008
     
    TMoore4075's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Hockeytown
    Posts: 22,650

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Speaking of actual hockey though.... hope last night is an example of what Richards will be able to do with Tatar. They already seem to have good chemistry out there. Only one preseason game, but I like what I saw..well for the few minutes I watched.
    __________________
    ~Tim
    Facebook Me - My Red Wings/Hockey BLOG

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #30320
    salrx95
     
    salrx95's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Connecticut
    Posts: 5,865

    Shows Seen: 57

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Isles came out to "No Sleep til Brooklyn" last night. Shocker.

    2-0 now. So pissed I had forgotten the game was on TV so I didn't DVR it. Worked 24 hours between Tues and Wed so last 2 days were a blur.
    salrx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #30321
    BotheLaneFan
    I am the FBI
     
    BotheLaneFan's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Posts: 118,487

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    I dunno. You'd think that the girls lawyer would have asked "hey is this just the first envelope and you've since put it in another?" before doing this. I know someone could say he wanted the attention but if the cops come out and say "yeah we have it in an new envelope now, nothing mischievous has happened" that would make him look stupid.
    According to Deadspin...

    Update (3:46 p.m.): Erie County Commissioner of Central Police Services John Glascott released a statement today claiming that all the evidence related to Kane’s case is accounted for, including the rape kit and packaging.
    __________________
    This is the water, and this is the well.
    Drink full and descend.
    The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beautifulbuzz18 View Post
    I got it from DT. You too stupid/angry and have to bash the site with dildo up top, then fuck off.
    BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #30322
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter
     
    Lcsulla's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 43,626

    Shows Seen: 54

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan View Post
    According to Deadspin...

    Update (3:46 p.m.): Erie County Commissioner of Central Police Services John Glascott released a statement today claiming that all the evidence related to Kane’s case is accounted for, including the rape kit and packaging.
    This just makes no sense at all to me, rape kits don't just spontaneously multiply and transport. So was the rape kit left on the door step a phony? If so to what end? Kane gains nothing by having someone doing this because he would have himself or others charged with evidence tampering and a major HIPPA violation in addition to a possible rape charge. If anything Kane would likely benefit from an investigation as to how the bag got there.

    Also, the results of the rape kit were made known to both prosecution and Kane's lawyers who found no evidence of Kane's DNA on the woman "from the waist down."

    Given the DNA results and the latest mess with the kit this is likely going to result in no charges filed. Kane is in a no win situation though, whether allegations are true or not this is a black mark on his character that is going to haunt him for the rest of his career. He cannot even do anything about it - he could file a defamation of character suit but as a star athlete and millionaire he will get zero sympathy from the public, the media or the courts - he will be vilified for a suit (even if he was not seeking damages) just to clear his name. That is not justice IMO.
    __________________
    "Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
    Lcsulla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #30323
    Roose13
    Get Gritty Wit' It
     
    Roose13's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Atlantic City, NJ
    Posts: 33,390

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: The NHL Thread

    You know what I like about this thread? We comment only when something new comes up on Kane. There isn't 150 pages of back and forth like in the NFL Thread during DeflateGate.
    __________________
    @ACPress_Russo

    NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #30324
    dmbetc
    AM.org Moderator
     
    dmbetc's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 33,972

    Shows Seen: 70

    Re: The NHL Thread

    That's because hockey fans are mature.
    __________________
    Sarah

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 10:18 PM   #30325
    rustysurf83
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Location: WA
    Posts: 4,938

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Accuser's attorney in the Kane case has resigned. Kane's attorney has a press conference tonight and the DA has one scheduled for tomorrow.
    rustysurf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 10:40 PM   #30326
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE
     
    DMBZeppelin's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: Griffith, IN
    Posts: 37,539

    Shows Seen: 82
    Send a message via AIM to DMBZeppelin

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rustysurf83 View Post
    Accuser's attorney in the Kane case has resigned. Kane's attorney has a press conference tonight and the DA has one scheduled for tomorrow.
    This whole thing is crazy. It sounds like the victims mother blew up the whole case. Though we'll have to wait to hear what the DA says.
    __________________

    Tour 2021: Deer Creek [8/13] [8/14] & Grand Rapids [11/06]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #30327
    rustysurf83
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Location: WA
    Posts: 4,938

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    This whole thing is crazy. It sounds like the victims mother blew up the whole case. Though we'll have to wait to hear what the DA says.
    Largely 2 reasons that an attorney would ever recuse themselves in this type of situation:
    1. Client can't pay anymore
    2. Attorney was lied to about something major

    You're not worried about getting paid in a case against Patrick Kane so.....
    rustysurf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #30328
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15
     
    lockman21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 28,199

    Shows Seen: 240

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    You know what I like about this thread? We comment only when something new comes up on Kane. There isn't 150 pages of back and forth like in the NFL Thread during DeflateGate.
    Time and time again this thread proves why it's one of the best on this website. I think, for the most part, we're a pretty level headed group that understands the seriousness of this, and understands how quickly rumors and hearsay can make things go bonkers.

    We're a tough group that can make fun of each other, but also can actually hold discussions in a logical, intelligent way.

    Also, Detroit sucks.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
    lockman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #30329
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15
     
    lockman21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 28,199

    Shows Seen: 240

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rustysurf83 View Post
    Largely 2 reasons that an attorney would ever recuse themselves in this type of situation:
    1. Client can't pay anymore
    2. Attorney was lied to about something major

    You're not worried about getting paid in a case against Patrick Kane so.....
    BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The lawyer of a woman accusing Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane of sexual assault abruptly quit the case Thursday night, saying he's no longer comfortable representing the woman because of how her mother reported finding an evidence bag they believed once held the woman's rape kit.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
    lockman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-24-2015, 11:00 PM   #30330
    rustysurf83
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Location: WA
    Posts: 4,938

    Shows Seen: 38

    Re: The NHL Thread

    Red Wings blow dick.Fucking Communists.
    rustysurf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Tags
    #brohan1519

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram