DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g) - Page 23 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #661
YouNeverKnow25
Pudding Skin Singles
 
YouNeverKnow25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 36,275

Shows Seen: 107

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
That's perhaps valid. But if no digital version comes, I think the $175 starts to look better and better.

$30/disc + $25 for the book isn't really outside of what the vinyl market is around these days. We've been lucky that recent DMB releases have been at a far lower price than comparable releases. I'm not saying the market prices are fair, but the vinyl bubble is real
30/disc is what the market is for single-disc releases. there are exceedingly few 30/disc for 5-disc releases. I'm not saying they don't exist, but you generally get a break on per-disc prices for the multi-disc releases.
__________________
Well, maybe it was Ghostbusters
YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #662
    chrisjuniper
     
    chrisjuniper's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 1,433

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Yeah, 2 available, for $300 each


    yeah, i knew, was just pointing out they secured at least 2 copies specifically to flip, which, doesn't bother me that much as it wasn't an instant sell out and easy for any of us to grab a copy if we so desired.
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #663
    chrisjuniper
     
    chrisjuniper's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 1,433

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    175 for a "limited edition" with a throw-in book and box is the "premium package" of merchandise sales

    you are already paying the scalper's/flipper's premium, you're just paying it directly to the band
    what do you think this vinyl set should cost, just curious
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 01:14 PM   #664
    YouNeverKnow25
    Pudding Skin Singles
     
    YouNeverKnow25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 36,275

    Shows Seen: 107

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    should? that's for the people setting the price to decide--I'd say as high a price they can sell out of their inventory for.

    I'm just saying that throwing in "special packaging" and a "limited edition book" is the hallmark of the "premium" upsell in band merchandising these days

    it's a way to vastly increase the price without really moving the needle on the cost of production

    for example; LT2 was also 5 LPs. my hazy recollection was a retail price of maybe 90-100 bucks. do you think this box and book cost 75-85 bucks to produce?
    __________________
    Well, maybe it was Ghostbusters
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #665
    chrisjuniper
     
    chrisjuniper's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 1,433

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    should? that's for the people setting the price to decide--I'd say as high a price they can sell out of their inventory for.

    I'm just saying that throwing in "special packaging" and a "limited edition book" is the hallmark of the "premium" upsell in band merchandising these days

    it's a way to vastly increase the price without really moving the needle on the cost of production

    for example; LT2 was also 5 LPs. my hazy recollection was a retail price of maybe 90-100 bucks. do you think this box and book cost 75-85 bucks to produce?

    of course not. I just see a lot of people discussing the price, but haven't really seen anyone say what they think the price actually should be on a release such as this. I gladly forked over the 175, but I think 125 would've been a more friendly figure. If it was 125 I imagine it would be sold out right now. That being said, we don't get too too many releases like this, so the 175 was fine with me.
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #666
    drop2d
     
    drop2d's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NH
    Posts: 27,747

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    That's perhaps valid. But if no digital version comes, I think the $175 starts to look better and better.

    $30/disc + $25 for the book isn't really outside of what the vinyl market is around these days. We've been lucky that recent DMB releases have been at a far lower price than comparable releases. I'm not saying the market prices are fair, but the vinyl bubble is real
    $30/LP is the high end. Most double LP's are at that price point. Most single new LP's are under $25.

    It's overpriced by about $50.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonzo48280 View Post
    I'd rather be wearing an American Flag T-shirt blasting Foreigner through a boombox in Pyongyang than ever set foot in St Louis ever again.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #667
    AJF_41
     
    AJF_41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Posts: 63,967

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Okay, for those talking about the price, letís look at it. This release is 175.00 for 5 LPs with 25 songs.

    Thatís 35.00 per LP, 7.00 per song.

    Comparatively, looking at other DMB releases.

    Crash - 2 LP - 31.98 (DMB Store) (12 songs)
    15.99 per LP
    2.66 per song

    Remember Two Things - 2LP - 36.98 (DMB Store) (12 songs)
    18.49 per LP
    3.08 per song

    Big Whisky - 2 LP - 17.99 (DMB Store) (13 songs)
    8.99 per LP
    1.38 per song

    Red Rocks - 4LP - 79.98 (DMB Store) (17 Songs)
    19.99 per LP
    4.70 per song

    Away From The World - 2LP - 29.99 (Soundstage) (11 songs)
    14.95 per LP
    2.72 per song

    UTTAD - 2LP - 39.99 (Soundstage) (12 songs)
    19.99 per LP
    1.66 per song

    Average DMB vinyl price looking at the above
    16.40 per LP compared to 35.00 per LP of DMB25
    (each LP of DMB25 is about 2.13 times more expensive)

    2.70 per song compared to 7.00 per song of DMB25
    (each song of DMB25 is 2.6 times more expensive)

    But you also have to take into consideration that this is a special release, in special packaging, for the 25th anniversary, and includes never before released songs.


    can i sig this?
    __________________
    the feeling returns, whenever we close our eyes...

    growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #668
    coldblueice
     
    coldblueice's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Posts: 1,469

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    I disagree. I think 2500 is sufficient supply. I'm honestly skeptical that they'll sell out, at least immediately.
    i agree to be skeptical that they won't sell out immediately. not until later.
    coldblueice is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #669
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,305

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post


    can i sig this?
    I'll buy you a beer at your next show if you sig the whole thing.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #670
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 46,279

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    yeah these will all get bought up at 3 today. Flippers will be all over whats left.
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #671
    coldblueice
     
    coldblueice's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Posts: 1,469

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    jesus... 27 pages of broke people trying to justify the fact that they can't afford it.

    MOVE ON
    coldblueice is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #672
    BTBaboon
    Cats are the damn best
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 37,839

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Curious if they have inventory capped for each bundle as well; as in - only 2,000 box sets available by its self, 200 in the t-shirt bundle, 200 in poster bundle, and 100 in blanket bundle?

    Or just a free for all and once the vinyl box is gone, all bundles are gone
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #673
    camptravisr
    Numbered Beats
     
    camptravisr's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: Indianapolis
    Posts: 1,960

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    jesus... 27 pages of broke people trying to justify the fact that they can't afford it.

    MOVE ON
    Point taken! But I've enjoyed this thread, actually Seems like the busiest a DMBc thread has been in a long time.
    camptravisr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #674
    drop2d
     
    drop2d's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NH
    Posts: 27,747

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    jesus... 27 pages of broke people trying to justify the fact that they can't afford it.

    MOVE ON
    I mean, just b/c people think it's overpriced doesn't mean they can't afford it.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonzo48280 View Post
    I'd rather be wearing an American Flag T-shirt blasting Foreigner through a boombox in Pyongyang than ever set foot in St Louis ever again.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #675
    YouNeverKnow25
    Pudding Skin Singles
     
    YouNeverKnow25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 36,275

    Shows Seen: 107

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Curious if they have inventory capped for each bundle as well; as in - only 2,000 box sets available by its self, 200 in the t-shirt bundle, 200 in poster bundle, and 100 in blanket bundle?

    Or just a free for all and once the vinyl box is gone, all bundles are gone
    my guess is the latter. all the other stuff is sold by itself, and is stuff typically included with other presale bundles. I'm guessing they know how many of those to produce.
    __________________
    Well, maybe it was Ghostbusters
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #676
    BTBaboon
    Cats are the damn best
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 37,839

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    my guess is the latter. all the other stuff is sold by itself, and is stuff typically included with other presale bundles. I'm guessing they know how many of those to produce.
    Just trying to get in the Cap$haw mindset. Make some desperate bloke buy a huge bundle he didn't want just to get the records
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #677
    WidespreadMule3
     
    WidespreadMule3's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: With Waldo
    Posts: 13,235

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Got on at exactly 2 CST and was able to grab one with such incredible ease it felt too good to be true.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    ď... for tomorrow we die; CHECK EM OUT, HILARY!!!Ē
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #678
    Hilly
     
    Hilly's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Posts: 10,545

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    jesus... 27 pages of broke people trying to justify the fact that they can't afford it.

    MOVE ON
    But this release is nothing more than a personal attack by Dave himself on the fanbase!
    __________________
    DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE.
    Hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #679
    Hilly
     
    Hilly's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Posts: 10,545

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Got on at exactly 2 CST and was able to grab one with such incredible ease it felt too good to be true.
    If someone wants a copy, it'll be easy for them to get it.
    __________________
    DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE.
    Hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #680
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,305

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    http://davematthewsband.shop.musicto...4656&pc=DMLP18

    Official store also has a limit of one per person, too
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #681
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 46,279

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    If someone wants a copy, it'll be easy for them to get it.
    So theyll be for sale later on as well? Or youre implying they arent selling very well?
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #682
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 29,701

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    I can't see it on the official store, just the warehouse. Hope everyone that wants the vinyl can get it.
    __________________
    2021: Raleigh, Charlotte, Alpharetta
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #683
    coldblueice
     
    coldblueice's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Posts: 1,469

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    I mean, just b/c people think it's overpriced doesn't mean they can't afford it.
    it kinda does.

    because it's only overpriced in relation to your bank account.
    coldblueice is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #684
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator
     
    chadizzy1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Central Arkansas
    Posts: 39,305

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    I can't see it on the official store, just the warehouse. Hope everyone that wants the vinyl can get it.
    http://davematthewsband.shop.musicto...4656&pc=DMLP18

    It's also on the main page:
    http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #685
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 46,279

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    it kinda does.

    because it's only overpriced in relation to your bank account.
    gtfo here with this garbage.

    Go swim in your money.


    cant stand people like this.
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #686
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 29,701

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Clicked both those links and the first think that pops up is rr95 the drop down doesn't have a LIVE 25 option either. The WH page does. Maybe it's my phone. Doesn't matter, I'm not getting the vinyl. Just thought it was odd I couldn't see it on the page.
    __________________
    2021: Raleigh, Charlotte, Alpharetta
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #687
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 29,701

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    it kinda does.

    because it's only overpriced in relation to your bank account.
    This couldn't be further from the truth
    __________________
    2021: Raleigh, Charlotte, Alpharetta
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #688
    drop2d
     
    drop2d's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NH
    Posts: 27,747

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    it kinda does.

    because it's only overpriced in relation to your bank account.


    What's really funny about this... 10-15 years ago (when I had way less money than I do now), I wouldn't even have hesitated to buy this.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonzo48280 View Post
    I'd rather be wearing an American Flag T-shirt blasting Foreigner through a boombox in Pyongyang than ever set foot in St Louis ever again.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #689
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 46,279

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    by that logic...

    I have a 2002 honda accord with 175k miles on it for you for 30 grand....


    Hey, clearly youve got the money.. not overpriced for you.
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #690
    BTBaboon
    Cats are the damn best
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 37,839

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    it kinda does.

    because it's only overpriced in relation to your bank account.
    This is a bad take.

    I think it's a fair value, but I'm also biased in being a DMB/Vinyl whore.

    Objectively, the set is definitely pricey for what it is, and I wouldn't dare say to anyone turned off by the price that the reason they aren't buying it is "because they can't afford it"

    There's a difference between ability to pay, and willingness to pay. You're confusing the two
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram