***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread*** - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 PM   #91
eggie24

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStepJeff View Post
that hat trick he scored against Arse was just incredible and the goal he had against Gala was the second best goal i have ever seen live. The first was Cisse's goal in the FA Cup Final. Get in Crouchie!!!!
it amazes me how some of these guys are amazing in the EPL (crouch, lampard, gerrard) then seemingly suck it up for england in comparison. I'm going through serious withdrawl with no decent footie to watch all weekend long.

"My hands are high, And I'm holding out, holding up. Because I figure that I just might make it. And I'm waking empty but seldom sleeping. And the words repeat breathing histories into stories untold. And I unfold." - Jason Mraz
eggie24 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #92
    eggie24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Quote:
    well lets see a teenage crush on mickey owen cant have you being that old
    im 26. not old, but when he's been playing for a long, long time, and ive been playing for longer than he's been alive, it sure makes me feel old.

"My hands are high, And I'm holding out, holding up. Because I figure that I just might make it. And I'm waking empty but seldom sleeping. And the words repeat breathing histories into stories untold. And I unfold." - Jason Mraz
    Old 06-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #93
    TwoStepJeff
    Living In The Moment

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eggie24 View Post
    it amazes me how some of these guys are amazing in the EPL (crouch, lampard, gerrard) then seemingly suck it up for england in comparison. I'm going through serious withdrawl with no decent footie to watch all weekend long.
    Crouch is setting the English National team on fire. He is their leading scorer in the last like 12 matches i do believe.

yeah i hate silly season! We are gtting sly sports and setanta next year at school so there will be plenty for me to watch
    Originally Posted by Aussiemetfan
    Man I just ate myself stupid
    TwoStepJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #94
    eggie24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Crouch is setting the English National team on fire. He is their leading scorer in the last like 12 matches i do believe.

yeah i hate silly season! We are gtting sly sports and setanta next year at school so there will be plenty for me to watch
    I retract my previous statement and correct my oversight in that he sucked it up for liverpool for awhile. A quality player should play well for their club and their country.

edit to say, setanta is great, no fox soccer channel?

Old 06-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #95
    TwoStepJeff
    Living In The Moment

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I retract my previous statement and correct my oversight in that he sucked it up for liverpool for awhile. A quality player should play well for their club and their country.

edit to say, setanta is great, no fox soccer channel?
    well and FSC, but i thought that would be a givin haha. Although I just stream any match that i cant get on the telly haha. *pats nerd brother on the back*
    Old 06-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #96
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    England wasn't talented enough up top to succeed on a national level. They couldn't compete with players like Toni, Totti, Del Piero, Villa, Torres, Zlatan, Henry, Trezeguet, among others. Rooney is good, but he is still young. They've been struggling in Euro 08 qualification as well.

As much as I love him and hate to say it, it's a pity when Crouchie is your leading scorer on the national level...

I think Spain is a team with a lot of amazing young talent and will be on top soon, with France also close behind.

Also, is anyone else extremely satisfied by the fact that Shevchenko was amazing in Milan, blew it in the final vs LFC, came to London, and did awfully in the EPL?
    Old 06-30-2007, 06:02 PM   #97
    TwoStepJeff
    Living In The Moment

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laststraw41 View Post
    England wasn't talented enough up top to succeed on a national level. They couldn't compete with players like Toni, Totti, Del Piero, Villa, Torres, Zlatan, Henry, Trezeguet, among others. Rooney is good, but he is still young. They've been struggling in Euro 08 qualification as well.

As much as I love him and hate to say it, it's a pity when Crouchie is your leading scorer on the national level...

I think Spain is a team with a lot of amazing young talent and will be on top soon, with France also close behind.

Also, is anyone else extremely satisfied by the fact that Shevchenko was amazing in Milan, blew it in the final vs LFC, came to London, and did awfully in the EPL?
    Well I think England certainly has the squad to do it, I jsut dont think their coach is the best to lead them forward. I am sure they will qualify for Euro 08 but you are right, the likes of Italy and Spain, even portugal are a class above England.

As for Sheva i am so happy he has pissed out in the EPL as well! Amazing talent but so glad he has choked
    Old 06-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #98
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well I think England certainly has the squad to do it, I jsut dont think their coach is the best to lead them forward. I am sure they will qualify for Euro 08 but you are right, the likes of Italy and Spain, even portugal are a class above England.

As for Sheva i am so happy he has pissed out in the EPL as well! Amazing talent but so glad he has choked
    France as well, they look extremely well right now also. I love Ribery, I can't understand why he and so many others have chosen to go to Munich... They didn't even qualify for Champion's League this year
    Old 06-30-2007, 06:49 PM   #99
    TwoStepJeff
    Living In The Moment

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    France as well, they look extremely well right now also. I love Ribery, I can't understand why he and so many others have chosen to go to Munich... They didn't even qualify for Champion's League this year
    yeah but Munich will shit all over the rest of the Bundesliga with the squad they have right now!

How about Barca. Talk about the team to beat.
    Old 06-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #100
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yeah but Munich will shit all over the rest of the Bundesliga with the squad they have right now!

How about Barca. Talk about the team to beat.
    They damn well better win the league with what they've done... If they don't someone is getting sacked.

I hate Barca, I was so happy they didn't win any trophies this year. They are the favorites but I don't see them succeeding, too much talent a la Real for the past few years until this year.
    Old 06-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #101
    wooten843

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Tottenham will be in the Top 4 this season, mark my words
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #102
    DMBfan41
    This Is My Life

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    Boo to Liverpool and I was just in Denville about 20 minutes ago haha. Right at Indian Lake.
    damn, i live like a minute away from there, you shoulda dropped by and said hi, ha!

and Yay Liverpool. After being in Liverpool earlier this year, I fell in love with the team in their fans and the city. Liverpool has two passions, the Beatles and Football. I love it!
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #103
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wooten843 View Post
    Tottenham Jokespurs is more like it.
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #104
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBfan41 View Post
    damn, i live like a minute away from there, you shoulda dropped by and said hi, ha!

and Yay Liverpool. After being in Liverpool earlier this year, I fell in love with the team in their fans and the city. Liverpool has two passions, the Beatles and Football. I love it!
    Ah that's awesome, so many LFC supporters!

Have you been to Anfield ever?
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #105
    DMBfan41
    This Is My Life

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ah that's awesome, so many LFC supporters!

Have you been to Anfield ever?
    i only saw it from the outside, didn't get to actually go to a game.

I was in England studying abroad and I got to one EPL game, it was Aston Villa vs Arsenal at Villa Park when Arsenal won 1-0. Let me tell you, I was more excited watching an LFC match at a pub then at the Villa game. Arsenal wasn't really impressive either, but Henry was hurt at the time.

But yeah, there's nothing like LFC fans. I used to be a fan of Man U because they were the team that was always on TV in the US, but after visiting Liverpool, just really awesome.
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #106
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i only saw it from the outside, didn't get to actually go to a game.

I was in England studying abroad and I got to one EPL game, it was Aston Villa vs Arsenal at Villa Park when Arsenal won 1-0. Let me tell you, I was more excited watching an LFC match at a pub then at the Villa game. Arsenal wasn't really impressive either, but Henry was hurt at the time.

But yeah, there's nothing like LFC fans. I used to be a fan of Man U because they were the team that was always on TV in the US, but after visiting Liverpool, just really awesome.
    That's so awesome, I'm really jealous

And about us LFC fans... as devoted as we may be, UEFA named us the worst in Europe
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #107
    DMBfan41
    This Is My Life

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's so awesome, I'm really jealous

And about us LFC fans... as devoted as we may be, UEFA named us the worst in Europe
    hell no, even on days with no games. Redshirts were still found everywhere.
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:42 PM   #108
    TwoStepJeff
    Living In The Moment

My Tour Central Stats

fuck uefa.

platini has hated us ever since he played. what a shit bird. just cause we ruined his dream in rome.

rob have you seen the pics of the new anfield?

oh and as for our fans, i was in vancouver for the final and we sang every single moment of that match.

der der der der der der der der
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #109
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hell no, even on days with no games. Redshirts were still found everywhere.
    No no haha. UEFA named LFC fans the worst as in, the worst behaved...
    Old 06-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #110
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    fuck uefa.

platini has hated us ever since he played. what a shit bird. just cause we ruined his dream in rome.

rob have you seen the pics of the new anfield?

oh and as for our fans, i was in vancouver for the final and we sang every single moment of that match.

der der der der der der der der
    I've seen some pictures yeah, it looks great, but Stanley Park isn't the same as Anfield
    Old 07-01-2007, 07:53 AM   #111
    Davenumber40

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I'm a Chelsea supporter. Right now things are looking pretty bleak. I can't imagine what Abramovich could be thinking about getting rid of Mourinho.

I actually didn't think Shevchenko was that bad. You could tell he was a little off with his teammates but he is incredibly creative. Half his passes didn't find their man because no one saw what he did. That said, he wasn't worth the what 60 million? But I think he could be a great second to Drogba. Drogba draws the attention and has the flair, but Shevchenko can play just behind him and provide support.
    Chelsea's real problem was the makeshift back four and the weak play of Lampard and Ballack. The Gallas move really hurt this year and Mourinho should have played Germi more at right back.

As for MLS, I think the problem is college soccer. The college game isn't football it's what most Americans think football is- soccer. All the creativity is drained, the game is boring, defensive , and completely useless. I watched UK and IU twice (IU is one of the "best" teams in the country) and it was like watching Liverpool and Chelsea in the champions league.
    Old 07-01-2007, 07:53 AM   #112
    Grouty

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wooten843 View Post
    Mark my words, Tottenham fans say this every year and haven't won a major trophy in 30 years (not thats really anything to do with finishing in the top 4 just thought I'd bring it up for the fun of it)

Quote:
    Tottenham Jokespurs is more like it.
    Grouty is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #113
    Davenumber40

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Hargreaves completed his move to Man U. I think it's a great move for them. It should help their back line to have a little support deep in the midfield. It's probably a little more than he's worth as an individual but it's a smart move.
    Old 07-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #114
    Grouty

My Tour Central Stats

Lets face it anyone who is English is always ridiculously overpriced.
    Old 07-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #115
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grouty View Post
    Lets face it anyone who is English is always ridiculously overpriced.
    Which explains why so few English leave the EPL. That, and there's just no reason to leave

Oh and, Ballack and Sheva are jokes, seriously.. Get Essien and Kalou in they're in a completely different league.
    Old 07-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #116
    Grouty

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Which explains why so few English leave the EPL. That, and there's just no reason to leave

Oh and, Ballack and Sheva are jokes, seriously.. Get Essien and Kalou in they're in a completely different league.
    These two plus Drogba are the reason Chelsea are fairly buggered come January and the African Cup of Nations.

Also Drogba = idiot http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/6258662.stm

Last edited by Grouty; 07-01-2007 at 09:50 AM.
    Old 07-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #117
    laststraw41
    Blue Sky Revisit

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    These two plus Drogba are the reason Chelsea are fairly buggered come January and the African Cup of Nations.

Also Drogba = idiot http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/6258662.stm
    Yeah I was just reading that on Skysports, he's out of his mind.. One because Arsenal is still a quality team and two because Liverpool, once Torres is officially on the team, are just as good as anyone in the world.
    Old 07-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #118
    TwoStepJeff
    Living In The Moment

My Tour Central Stats

Is that shampoo?

Non man its cat piss, twice daily.

above is the reason for that amazing hair of his. Twat
    Old 07-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #119
    Grouty

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is that shampoo?

Non man its cat piss, twice daily.

above is the reason for that amazing hair of his. Twat
    Pretty much the best post on Ants ever I think.
    Old 07-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #120
    TwoStepJeff
    Living In The Moment

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pretty much the best post on Ants ever I think.

I seriously hate how talented he is! Feck off to Milan why dont ya haha!

Tags
    soccer , uefa