2020 Poster Discussion - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
TheLastPig
 
TheLastPig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 42,695

Shows Seen: 53

2020 Poster Discussion

Some awesome prints so far including the first ever Dave Matthews related triptych!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18FBAD74-A5B9-4590-9067-80699EDA47C8.jpg (80.0 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg 6E473C62-1E53-4BDF-AFBC-92016FB8BA9A.jpg (79.7 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg D93AE618-BEF7-461A-B565-94A75E759205.jpg (82.6 KB, 176 views)
__________________
WVU


Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #2
    YouNeverKnow25
    Pudding Skin Singles
     
    YouNeverKnow25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 35,225

    Shows Seen: 107

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    i'm not a poster guy but that panther/cat one is real nice
    __________________
    Well, maybe it was Ghostbusters
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
    cpxc.
     
    cpxc.'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Haverford, PA
    Posts: 77,812

    Shows Seen: 106

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Love that ben kwok panther print
    __________________
    Craig // untappd
    cpxc. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #4
    ISawTheBridge10
     
    Join Date: Sep 2015
    Posts: 656

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cpxc. View Post
    Love that ben kwok panther print
    Is that the same guy that did the 2019 Nashville print? Real similar patterns/crazy colors.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 42,695

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    Is that the same guy that did the 2019 Nashville print? Real similar patterns/crazy colors.
    Yep that was Kwok too.

    He also did the rhino like that, was that a gorge print?
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
    bamdmb20
     
    bamdmb20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Jacksonville, FL
    Posts: 262

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Yep that was Kwok too.

    He also did the rhino like that, was that a gorge print?
    That was Gorge 19 yeah.
    bamdmb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #7
    mposey34
    LET'S GEAUX
     
    mposey34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Texas
    Posts: 3,408

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    I like all of those. Good start.
    __________________
    "I can dance on my own grave, thank you."
    mposey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2020, 12:15 AM   #8
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 82,472

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    1. Incredible
    2. Whatever
    3. Very cool
    __________________
    -Matthew
    Dallas Tailgate Map
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #9
    GoingToCA91
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: Columbia, SC
    Posts: 1,395

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    So did each individual night have its own poster and then the triple was for the weekend?
    __________________
    2019 shows: Charleston, Dallas, Charlotte
    DMB Poster Spreadsheet (WIP)
    Twitter: @EvanRSpencer
    GoingToCA91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #10
    BruceW
     
    BruceW's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: FLA
    Posts: 29,931

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Some awesome prints so far including the first ever Dave Matthews related triptych!
    Triptych was the best Dave-related poster combo I've ever seen. Bioworkz print from Sunday was cool as well and they reached out and sent me some stickers of their animal drawings. About 10 or so in total and they're pretty awesome

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    1. Incredible
    2. Whatever
    3. Very cool
    Yep. Methane
    __________________
    Episode 34: "2020 Pseudo-Summer Tour: The Southern Swing": Apple Spotify
    BONUS: The Southern Swing Show: Apple Spotify
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Email Us: greystreetpod@gmail.com
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2020, 03:20 PM   #11
    grilldanmo
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 4,212

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Yeah, that triptych made me regret not going...
    grilldanmo is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #12
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 42,695

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Someone should sticky this and get rid of the 2019 one
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2020, 03:24 PM   #13
    grilldanmo
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 4,212

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Looking forward to all the shows...hopefully we get some sweet posters for the collection. We started framing and hanging them over the last year...not that we had a particularly old collection (started w/ 2017 D&T SPAC and includes most DMB and Avetts shows we've seen since). The music brings so much joy and the posters a cool reminders, e.g.: the two 2018 MSG posters are on either side of our chimney in the living room. I smile with the memory of the great weekend in NYC.
    grilldanmo is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #14
    birdsfan09
    O's/Ravens/Caps/Terps
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Hanover, PA
    Posts: 337

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    I thought it was interesting that the set of 3 was by far the best seller. They sold out quickly each day. The stand alone posters did not. I walked by the merch table on Sunday afternoon and could have bought each of the three stand alone posters. Each were numbered to 850ish. Worked for me, since I don’t really like the set of 3.
    birdsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #15
    BustedAdam
     
    BustedAdam's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2002
    Location: Kansas City Missouri
    Posts: 511

    Shows Seen: 38
    Send a message via AIM to BustedAdam

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    I low key liked the night 2 stand alone poster a lot. It has a shimmer in person that is very cool.
    __________________
    30 shows and counting...
    BustedAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #16
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 42,695

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Good god methane is just fucking terrible
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 7B34988D-88AC-4D5F-AA82-A44FF5A8F46A.jpg (59.9 KB, 114 views)
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #17
    antsdmb
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: VA
    Posts: 150

    Shows Seen: 41
    Send a message via AIM to antsdmb

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    That's not Methane, but I get your point.
    antsdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #18
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 42,695

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Are you sure? Looks just like their style.
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #19
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 42,695

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Someone is saying its a Helton but he only had 2 weeks notice to do it. Guess that would explain it, that was the only other artist it couldve been based on the style.

    So management dropped the ball?
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.

    Last edited by TheLastPig; 02-28-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:34 PM   #20
    Prezzy
     
    Prezzy's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Location: FL
    Posts: 1,113

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Big oooof on that poster.
    __________________
    2020: D&T Mexico 🇲🇽 RIP Summer Shows
    Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #21
    kevdmb
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Location: VA
    Posts: 301

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    I think it is decent for Vegas.
    kevdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #22
    MikeZimm
     
    MikeZimm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: Baltimore, MD
    Posts: 831

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevdmb View Post
    I think it is decent for Vegas.
    It could be so much better. The range Vegas offers is immense.
    __________________
    2020 MPP Columbia MD and West Palm Beach FL
    MikeZimm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #23
    grilldanmo
     
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Posts: 4,212

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Yeah, too on the nose/uninspired.

    Hopefully there's something a better for the folks going to the Innings festival...
    grilldanmo is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #24
    Bearclaw_
     
    Bearclaw_'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Posts: 3,150

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Not terrible for methane. Could be a lot worse. I like it but the bottom of my list.

    Edit: I guess not methane.
    Bearclaw_ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 03:55 PM   #25
    prdstmnky36
     
    prdstmnky36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Vermont
    Posts: 3,093

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Not good at all, especially for a single night in Vegas
    __________________
    John
    MY SHOWS

    SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 04:18 PM   #26
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 42,695

    Shows Seen: 53

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    This is according to some dude in a dmb poster group, but he's claiming another artist was planned, and either flaked or couldnt meet the deadline and Helton got called 2 weeks ago. I can give the pass if thats the case, but man thats a bad print.
    __________________
    WVU


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 04:22 PM   #27
    prdstmnky36
     
    prdstmnky36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Vermont
    Posts: 3,093

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    What is a typical turn around time for putting a poster together? Two weeks doesn't sound absurd to me, but what do i know!
    __________________
    John
    MY SHOWS

    SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!

    Last edited by prdstmnky36; 02-28-2020 at 04:26 PM.
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 04:32 PM   #28
    ISawTheBridge10
     
    Join Date: Sep 2015
    Posts: 656

    Shows Seen: 16

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    What is a typical turn around time for putting a poster together? Two weeks doesn't sound absurd to me, but what do i know!
    I always figured artists produced and had an archive of prints, and then somehow worked in the band/date/location when their number is called.

    With Vegas being a niche location and theme for a poster, there may not have been one that organically worked and something had to be put together last minute.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 04:35 PM   #29
    prdstmnky36
     
    prdstmnky36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Vermont
    Posts: 3,093

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    DKNG has some videos of the process on their website, with the following statement:

    "We take pride in our process. We also think it's important to share how we get things done. Over the past couple years we've created "Process Videos" which feature timelapse footage of the creation of our work from start to finish.

    Each video covers approximately 40 hours of design time and includes work in Illustrator, Photoshop, and occasionally our screen printing process."
    __________________
    John
    MY SHOWS

    SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 05:21 PM   #30
    Prezzy
     
    Prezzy's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Location: FL
    Posts: 1,113

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: 2020 Poster Discussion

    I usually love Helton's prints. The Mexico Toucan might be my favorite all time. But this one seems like a quick copy paste job. But if it was last minute can't blame him I guess.
    __________________
    2020: D&T Mexico 🇲🇽 RIP Summer Shows
    Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter