The Corner of Grey Street Podcast - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2019, 06:57 PM   #31
BruceW
 
BruceW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 29,930

Shows Seen: 49

The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalter View Post
I did too.


Charlotte next month?
__________________
Episode 34: "2020 Pseudo-Summer Tour: The Southern Swing": Apple Spotify
BONUS: The Southern Swing Show: Apple Spotify
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Email Us: greystreetpod@gmail.com

Last edited by BruceW; 06-13-2019 at 06:58 PM.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-13-2019, 07:06 PM   #32
    msalter
    the moon is chasing me
     
    msalter's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: Knoxville
    Posts: 1,334

    Shows Seen: 20

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Charlotte next month?
    Nah, Alpharetta will be my only one..
    __________________


    msalter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #33
    Cross the ice
     
    Cross the ice's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Posts: 154

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Enjoyed the podcast. Sounds good, too, which is very important. Did I hear correctly that DMB has never had the same setlist twice? That can't be true, right?
    Cross the ice is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-13-2019, 08:24 PM   #34
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts: 72,741

    Shows Seen: 73

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Thanks! ďHope we get it right for yaĒ



    Thatís bc I knew who you were but thanks dude! Going to Camden?



    Thanks bud hope you enjoy!
    On the fence. Def not doing both nights tho
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #35
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 26,253

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Pod sounds great guys. Really enjoying it. Looking forward to more
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-13-2019, 09:11 PM   #36
    Alpine416
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 97

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Good job guys. Loved what ya did and brought in a few live snippets. Listening to this side by side with the ants.org podcast it is refreshing. My advice on having Matt on the show... dont. He will drag you down, dude is a toxic echochamber.
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #37
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire
     
    daveshookme's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: online
    Posts: 54,984

    Shows Seen: 46

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cross the ice View Post
    Enjoyed the podcast. Sounds good, too, which is very important. Did I hear correctly that DMB has never had the same setlist twice? That can't be true, right?
    These two are the two shows with the closest setlist, it pretty much had to be to accomodate the orchestra.

    The only difference is one night ended with Say Bye and the other with #36
    __________________
    Tape Cover Artwork
    Twitter
    100 Day election predictions

    #LetBrettBang
    daveshookme is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 01:13 AM   #38
    BruceW
     
    BruceW's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: FLA
    Posts: 29,930

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cross the ice View Post
    Enjoyed the podcast. Sounds good, too, which is very important. Did I hear correctly that DMB has never had the same setlist twice? That can't be true, right?
    Tis true!

    Thanks!


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alpine416 View Post
    Good job guys. Loved what ya did and brought in a few live snippets. Listening to this side by side with the ants.org podcast it is refreshing. My advice on having Matt on the show... dont. He will drag you down, dude is a toxic echochamber.
    We appreciate the support!

    Matt is certainly welcome anytime and weíd love to discuss more of the past than present with him. Heíd provide some great insight for sure

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    On the fence. Def not doing both nights tho

    Hoping both are good, but that you choose the right night haha

    We will all find out tomorrow
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Pod sounds great guys. Really enjoying it. Looking forward to more
    Thanks man!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    These two are the two shows with the closest setlist, it pretty much had to be to accomodate the orchestra.



    The only difference is one night ended with Say Bye and the other with #36

    Boom!
    __________________
    Episode 34: "2020 Pseudo-Summer Tour: The Southern Swing": Apple Spotify
    BONUS: The Southern Swing Show: Apple Spotify
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Email Us: greystreetpod@gmail.com
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 01:48 AM   #39
    verarino
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Collingswood, NJ
    Posts: 214

    Shows Seen: 70

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Wait. Back to back nights or like all time a set has never been identical to another set?
    __________________
    2018: Camden x2 / Gorge N1 / MSG x 2 / Philly
    2019: Pensacola / Camden x2 / Asbury Park
    2021: Camden x2 / Holmdel? / Virginia Beach
    verarino is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM   #40
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 82,465

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by verarino View Post
    Wait. Back to back nights or like all time a set has never been identical to another set?

    All time.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    Dallas Tailgate Map
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #41
    YouNeverKnow25
    Pudding Skin Singles
     
    YouNeverKnow25's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 35,225

    Shows Seen: 107

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    it's really not hard to believe. with even a hint of an effort at not doing it, it's basically impossible once you have even like 30 songs to choose from
    __________________
    Well, maybe it was Ghostbusters
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #42
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Location: Quarantined, PrompterThread
    Posts: 28,655

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Also, with respect to walking out of an encore, I've done it several times. Unfortunately, I left Spac n2 in 2013 after the first encore and of course they played a double encore that night. I had just passed through the gates when they came back on.
    We generally will walk out during what we think is the last song, usually to beat traffic. Left SPAC 2016 during the Two Step > Halloween transition. We've heard Halloween a lot recently, so we preferred to get to bed earlier that night. We left Gorge N3 last year after Butterfly/during the Watchtower intro - an absolutely GREAT decision to skip out on Cornbread closing

    There's only a handful of songs that I'd be upset about missing on these days, and they're so unlikely to be played that I generally don't regret missing 1-2 songs if it means I can avoid traffic and get home safely without hassle.
    __________________
    The Vinyl Farm: Instagram | Blog

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB
    You probably know more about this stuff than I do.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #43
    GoingToCA91
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: Columbia, SC
    Posts: 1,395

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Looking forward to this. I listen to podcasts pretty much every day at work, so more DMB content would be wonderful! Any idea when it'll be up on Apple?
    __________________
    2019 shows: Charleston, Dallas, Charlotte
    DMB Poster Spreadsheet (WIP)
    Twitter: @EvanRSpencer
    GoingToCA91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 09:52 AM   #44
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 11,491

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    We generally will walk out during what we think is the last song, usually to beat traffic. Left SPAC 2016 during the Two Step > Halloween transition. We've heard Halloween a lot recently, so we preferred to get to bed earlier that night. We left Gorge N3 last year after Butterfly/during the Watchtower intro - an absolutely GREAT decision to skip out on Cornbread closing

    There's only a handful of songs that I'd be upset about missing on these days, and they're so unlikely to be played that I generally don't regret missing 1-2 songs if it means I can avoid traffic and get home safely without hassle.


    Halloween is overrated in my opinion. These days it sounds like a wall of sound. There is a part in the beginning that they donít play anymore. I think it may have been Boyd. Itís on the studio version and it adds a lot to the song. Even when Boyd was in the band they werenít playing it.

    Will I take it at a show? Yes, because there is a lot of emotion in it and a nice build up, but is it my first choice in an encore? Not even close.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________
    2020: Vegas
    2021: Mohegan and Spac
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #45
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Location: Quarantined, PrompterThread
    Posts: 28,655

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Halloween is overrated in my opinion. These days it sounds like a wall of sound. There is a part in the beginning that they donít play anymore. I think it may have been Boyd. Itís on the studio version and it adds a lot to the song. Even when Boyd was in the band they werenít playing it.

    Will I take it at a show? Yes, because there is a lot of emotion in it and a nice build up, but is it my first choice in an encore? Not even close.
    Yeah, they haven't had the violin intro in the song in a LONG while. Maybe going back to 07? Last I can recall hearing it was Weekend on the Rocks.

    The song gets hyped for its rarity. But I've caught it pretty much every tour I've attended. Best one was my first - SPAC '09; the tease in the encore, then thinking Watchtower closed, only to hear Carter still drumming lightly, and then BAM - Halloween!

    After that, it hasn't wowed me. The double encore in '13 was cool though. Balcony was shaking and bouncing big time
    __________________
    The Vinyl Farm: Instagram | Blog

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB
    You probably know more about this stuff than I do.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #46
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 11,491

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Yeah, they haven't had the violin intro in the song in a LONG while. Maybe going back to 07? Last I can recall hearing it was Weekend on the Rocks.

    The song gets hyped for its rarity. But I've caught it pretty much every tour I've attended. Best one was my first - SPAC '09; the tease in the encore, then thinking Watchtower closed, only to hear Carter still drumming lightly, and then BAM - Halloween!

    After that, it hasn't wowed me. The double encore in '13 was cool though. Balcony was shaking and bouncing big time
    That was my first time hearing it as well. Another version that comes to mind that I really enjoyed was D&T at the Oakdale in Wallingford CT in 2011. It was my first D&T show and the first time Halloween had been played D&T since 1999. It was brought upon by a crowd chant after Dave told a story about his kids on Halloween.

    http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...114&where=2011

    As a side note, I will be in the SPAC balcony for the first time ever on N1 this year. Been going to spac since 2008 and somehow have never been in the balcony. Looking forward to it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGSsfYho8c
    __________________
    2020: Vegas
    2021: Mohegan and Spac

    Last edited by Cscottrun; 06-14-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #47
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Location: Quarantined, PrompterThread
    Posts: 28,655

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    As a side note, I will be in the SPAC balcony for the first time ever on N1 this year. Been going to spac since 2008 and somehow have never been in the balcony. Looking forward to it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGSsfYho8c
    The Balcony at SPAC (especially if you're near the center) is the best place to be in the shed. Where are your seats?
    __________________
    The Vinyl Farm: Instagram | Blog

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB
    You probably know more about this stuff than I do.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #48
    Cscottrun
     
    Cscottrun's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Long Island, NY
    Posts: 11,491

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    The Balcony at SPAC (especially if you're near the center) is the best place to be in the shed. Where are your seats?
    Sec 17, row C First row of the section behind the box seats (which hopefully will be empty but I doubt it).
    __________________
    2020: Vegas
    2021: Mohegan and Spac
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #49
    but1well
    love baby
     
    but1well's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Downingtown, PA
    Posts: 1,003

    Shows Seen: 39

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Great job guys, I really enjoyed it! I loved the gorge part. I too will be skipping the Gorge this year because my wife and I are expecting our first baby which also happens to be a boy.
    __________________
    2021: Gorge/Wildhorse + Camden
    but1well is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #50
    BTBaboon
     
    BTBaboon's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Location: Quarantined, PrompterThread
    Posts: 28,655

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Sec 17, row C First row of the section behind the box seats (which hopefully will be empty but I doubt it).
    Nice! We're in Sec 27 Row J N1, Sec 1502 Row A N2
    __________________
    The Vinyl Farm: Instagram | Blog

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB
    You probably know more about this stuff than I do.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #51
    RiotAct
    v Ruined Grey Street v
     
    RiotAct's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: Buffalo
    Posts: 32,026

    Shows Seen: 43

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    I..... I can finally hear your voice???
    __________________
    A curse on Conan O'Brien for ruining Grey Street forever!!!

    12.18.2002 - R.I.P. Grey St third verse
    07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #52
    nolan8or
    @GreyStreetPod
     
    nolan8or's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: Cary, NC
    Posts: 2,904

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by but1well View Post
    Great job guys, I really enjoyed it! I loved the gorge part. I too will be skipping the Gorge this year because my wife and I are expecting our first baby which also happens to be a boy.
    Thanks for listening and congrats to you as well! Gonna have to postpone that gorge trip for a year or two lol
    __________________
    The Corner of Grey Street Podcast - @GreyStreetPod
    nolan8or is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #53
    BruceW
     
    BruceW's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: FLA
    Posts: 29,930

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1467746320


    Here is the Apple link

    You can also enter this link into the Overcast Add URL part and itíll populate automatically: https://greystreetpod.libsyn.com/rss

    The OP will be updated soon to reflect the Apple link, it will show up in search on Apple soon, and also it will populate automatically into Overcast within the next 2 days or so as well.

    Thanks for listening and for your patience!
    __________________
    Episode 34: "2020 Pseudo-Summer Tour: The Southern Swing": Apple Spotify
    BONUS: The Southern Swing Show: Apple Spotify
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Email Us: greystreetpod@gmail.com
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #54
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 33,053

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Listening now - kind of a same path as Bruce, I really liked some of the albums and then Gorge '02 DVD was when I got hooked
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 02:08 PM   #55
    north5
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: Nebraska
    Posts: 18

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Curious where you got the Jazzfest audio from? Was at the show and would like to listen to some of it again. YouTube videos?
    north5 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 03:03 PM   #56
    wrhslax1996
    "Hypocritical Elitist"
     
    Join Date: Oct 2014
    Location: Richmond, VA
    Posts: 1,045

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Just listened to Ep1. Really looking forward to seeing what y'all do with this.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Shut the absolute fuck up with that nonsense.
    wrhslax1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #57
    BruceW
     
    BruceW's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: FLA
    Posts: 29,930

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Listening now - kind of a same path as Bruce, I really liked some of the albums and then Gorge '02 DVD was when I got hooked


    Such a good release. I will always love that dvd



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by north5 View Post
    Curious where you got the Jazzfest audio from? Was at the show and would like to listen to some of it again. YouTube videos?
    Garntd here on the boards posted it. I believe itís in Chadís post in the 2019 Tour Audio Highlights thread

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wrhslax1996 View Post
    Just listened to Ep1. Really looking forward to seeing what y'all do with this.
    Thanks! We think we have some good stuff coming
    __________________
    Episode 34: "2020 Pseudo-Summer Tour: The Southern Swing": Apple Spotify
    BONUS: The Southern Swing Show: Apple Spotify
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Email Us: greystreetpod@gmail.com
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #58
    spiza
     
    Join Date: Nov 2002
    Posts: 462

    Shows Seen: 52

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Really great podcast would love to get involved somehow, long time hardcore fan but mostly silent. Keep on rocking great job!
    spiza is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #59
    Roi Lives
     
    Roi Lives's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 95

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Very nice! Got it queued up, if you ever do a LeRoi-centric episode hit me up.
    __________________
    If it's true, don't be afraid. - LHM

    roilives.tumblr.com
    Roi Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #60
    karczews41
     
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Posts: 729

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

    Nice work guys. After listening and hearing the reference to Hootie and "Cracked Rear View" I'm listening to that album now. Forgot how much I loved that album. They got a lot of 90's hate, I'm not sure why???
    karczews41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter