For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
OneSweetMonkey
O.G.
 
OneSweetMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,698

Shows Seen: 251
Send a message via AIM to OneSweetMonkey

For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

First of all, this song is amazing. It's a shame it's been shelved for that long.

That being said...

Sorry, but I did a search for Live Trax 17 and I couldn't find a specific thread.

Anyone who has this Live Trax... Can you hear what sounds like white noise during Wynona between the 6 and 7 minute mark, when the song start to quiet down and fade to over? I can't tell if it's feedback from the electric guitar, or what. But it doesn't sound right to me. It's the only place on this Live Trax that I hear the noise, and it stops when the song is over. I'm just curious if everyone hears it, or if it's just my copy.
OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-30-2016, 12:02 AM   #2
    bowa36
    code magenta
     
    bowa36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: GA
    Posts: 11,045

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Also on mine. An intentional effect for Fonz or Dave maybe?
    __________________
    When it's not the colors that matter,
    but that they'll all fade away

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stefan Lessard
    You just never know what you might get. Our shows are like a pack of baseball cards.
    bowa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2016, 12:49 AM   #3
    coolhotwaves
    is classic
     
    coolhotwaves's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Posts: 8,357

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Not sure about the white noise, but this is one of my favorite released live tracks by thr band. The whole release is just fantastic.
    coolhotwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2016, 06:09 AM   #4
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.
     
    OneSweetMonkey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2002
    Posts: 9,698

    Shows Seen: 251
    Send a message via AIM to OneSweetMonkey

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bowa36 View Post
    Also on mine. An intentional effect for Fonz or Dave maybe?
    That's what I was thinking too. Either by Fonz or the Los Lobos guitar player. Either way, it's a bit distracting for a moment! Thank you for checking your copy! I appreciate it!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolhotwaves View Post
    Not sure about the white noise, but this is one of my favorite released live tracks by thr band. The whole release is just fantastic.
    Agreed. I love 1997. And this song is blistering during this show. Great mix on the release, also.
    OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2016, 12:46 AM   #5
    bowa36
    code magenta
     
    bowa36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: GA
    Posts: 11,045

    Shows Seen: 0

    For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. Either by Fonz or the Los Lobos guitar player. Either way, it's a bit distracting for a moment! Thank you for checking your copy! I appreciate it!


    Forgot he had guested on this one, haha.

    Thanks for reminding me of this great release, had fallen by the wayside for me

    Cheers
    __________________
    When it's not the colors that matter,
    but that they'll all fade away

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stefan Lessard
    You just never know what you might get. Our shows are like a pack of baseball cards.
    bowa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2016, 08:18 AM   #6
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.
     
    OneSweetMonkey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2002
    Posts: 9,698

    Shows Seen: 251
    Send a message via AIM to OneSweetMonkey

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bowa36 View Post
    Forgot he had guested on this one, haha.

    Thanks for reminding me of this great release, had fallen by the wayside for me

    Cheers
    It is amazing. I've always been an advocate for 1997. Regardless of the repetitiveness of the set lists, they were absolutely on fire that year.
    OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2016, 10:52 AM   #7
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball
     
    Cryfreedom09's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts: 2,676

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    This song needs to join the liberation list soon and I agree that LT 17 is such a phenomenal release. Hope we get some more 97' shows released.
    __________________
    GOOOOOOO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!
    Cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2016, 11:29 AM   #8
    OneSweetMonkey
    O.G.
     
    OneSweetMonkey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2002
    Posts: 9,698

    Shows Seen: 251
    Send a message via AIM to OneSweetMonkey

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cryfreedom09 View Post
    This song needs to join the liberation list soon and I agree that LT 17 is such a phenomenal release. Hope we get some more 97' shows released.
    http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=25&where=1997
    OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2016, 01:04 PM   #9
    Jsc6545
     
    Jsc6545's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 22,081

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    great song, love this release. listened to it yesterday.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave Matthews
    I definitely want people to walk away feeling like, "That was almost cool."
    Jsc6545 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2016, 01:59 PM   #10
    Cryfreedom09
    mmmm beach ball
     
    Cryfreedom09's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts: 2,676

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post
    I'd take it a heartbeat. Would love one with Bela also.
    __________________
    GOOOOOOO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!
    Cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #11
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco
     
    cry_minarets458's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then
    Posts: 22,254

    Shows Seen: 62

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    LT 17 and LT 18 are top 5 LT. I always say it, but they're two nights where the band is at it's best.
    __________________
    Mao's WWYS Quest: fin @ show 39 MattsMarching 1 Gorge Medal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by efraser77 View Post
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2020, 11:23 PM   #12
    rwrusso
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Posts: 137

    Shows Seen: 10
    Send a message via AIM to rwrusso

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Just listened to this track, what an amazing song. Shame it only got played 42 times and mainly 1997-1999. The LT17 with Steve Berlin and David Hidalgo is so good. I could see Tim really getting to rip this one up if they brought it back.
    rwrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2020, 11:26 PM   #13
    rwrusso
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Posts: 137

    Shows Seen: 10
    Send a message via AIM to rwrusso

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Hmm, I never realized For the Beauty of Wynona, The Maker, and Still Water are all Daniel Lanois songs.
    rwrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2020, 10:26 AM   #14
    Dodo36
     
    Dodo36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 500

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    My favorite version will always be Deer Creek '99. No guests, no real stand out solo spot. Just the vibe... everyone on stage was digging it that night and the crowd didn't react like a bathroom break at an unknown tune. Several I was there with thought they were getting a brand new song.
    __________________
    http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...06#post9604706

    Into Prince? Check out my blog on Prince's full discography, including the side projects.
    https://Listen2Prince.blogspot.com
    Dodo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2020, 05:40 PM   #15
    haiku.warrior
    the slow hand quickens
     
    haiku.warrior's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Location: on a road eating alligator pie
    Posts: 1,049

    Shows Seen: 2

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post
    Just listened to this track, what an amazing song. Shame it only got played 42 times and mainly 1997-1999. The LT17 with Steve Berlin and David Hidalgo is so good. I could see Tim really getting to rip this one up if they brought it back.
    Amazing performance of an amazing song. LT17 is a great release overall
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    fuck the haters, sledgehammer slaps
    haiku.warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2020, 08:02 PM   #16
    kmb40oz
     
    kmb40oz's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: New York, NY
    Posts: 1,456

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Does anyone know if this LT 17 version is available in video on YouTube? I can only find the audio version.
    __________________
    "Chase Utley you are the man"!
    kmb40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-01-2020, 01:44 AM   #17
    crounsa810
     
    crounsa810's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: PA
    Posts: 3,478

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: For The Beauty Of Wynona - LT 17

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey View Post
    First of all, this song is amazing. It's a shame it's been shelved for that long.

    That being said...

    Sorry, but I did a search for Live Trax 17 and I couldn't find a specific thread.

    Anyone who has this Live Trax... Can you hear what sounds like white noise during Wynona between the 6 and 7 minute mark, when the song start to quiet down and fade to over? I can't tell if it's feedback from the electric guitar, or what. But it doesn't sound right to me. It's the only place on this Live Trax that I hear the noise, and it stops when the song is over. I'm just curious if everyone hears it, or if it's just my copy.
    Sounds like it may have been a defect in the recording that they tried to overdub OR a speaker issue at the show itself. OR a mixing issue.
    __________________
    DMB Album Survivor Poll: Vote for your least favorite song here https://forms.gle/4zzbHMne78eVrdUY8

    Current album: Busted Stuff
    crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter