Marvel's AVENGERS:INFINITY WAR / END GAME (spoilers for endgame start on page 21) - Page 14 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #391
TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Marvel's AVENGERS:INFINITY WAR (4.27.18 / 5.3.19)

I enjoyed the movie more the second time, seemed to go by quicker

Had to explain a few things to my sister but she'd seen Guardians 1+2 and Black Panther and had a general idea about who the avengers were so it was fine

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #392
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Infinity War is now running 34 million ahead of Black Panther compared to 47 million ahead as of last week.

If it makes the exact same amount as the Original Avengers made from this point to leaving theaters that would put it exactly where Black Panther is right now.

It held its own vs. Deadpool 2 this weekend however Deadpool with the R rating is a different market. To see the drop against Solo this weekend will probably tell the final story. I think that it is going to cap out around 675 and fall short of BP which may inch its way to the $700 mil milestone despite being available at home now (2.2 to go).
    Old 05-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #393
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Has there ever been a movie of the Black Panther popularity to still be in theaters even after it came out on BluRay? Seems crazy to pay $20 to see it in theaters when you could spend $22 and own a BluRay and digital copy for life.

But just shows the significance of the movie that it's still playing in theaters.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #394
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Has there ever been a movie of the Black Panther popularity to still be in theaters even after it came out on BluRay? Seems crazy to pay $20 to see it in theaters when you could spend $22 and own a BluRay and digital copy for life.

But just shows the significance of the movie that it's still playing in theaters.
    Despite a lot of doom and gloomers, I think enough people still enjoy seeing movies on big screens or at the very least going on dates to movies. Especially action movies like these.

Whenever people talk about the movie industry not bringing in the numbers it used to I kinda roll my eyes, because it's always rants about on-demand or 'worse' movies or whatever. And I'm sure those are absolutely factors but maybe...just maybe, it's the fact that in most places nowadays a family of four can't just take their kids to see a fucking movie without dropping like $100. A lot of people don't have that kinda dough.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #395
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post

I think this is the answer right here and why it will stay ahead of IW.
    Old 05-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #396
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    Despite a lot of doom and gloomers, I think enough people still enjoy seeing movies on big screens or at the very least going on dates to movies. Especially action movies like these.

Whenever people talk about the movie industry not bringing in the numbers it used to I kinda roll my eyes, because it's always rants about on-demand or 'worse' movies or whatever. And I'm sure those are absolutely factors but maybe...just maybe, it's the fact that in most places nowadays a family of four can't just take their kids to see a fucking movie without dropping like $100. A lot of people don't have that kinda dough.
    Also there was not all of the options like Netflix back in the day at people's fingertips. Not to mention the advances in the home theater product compared to the past. I understand that inflation makes the box office numbers bigger and less tickets sold but there is far more media out today to grab peoples attention as well.
    Old 05-22-2018, 12:45 PM   #397
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UCFish View Post
    Also there was not all of the options like Netflix back in the day at people's fingertips. Not to mention the advances in the home theater product compared to the past. I understand that inflation makes the box office numbers bigger and less tickets sold but there is far more media out today to grab peoples attention as well.
    Right, all the home entertainment things are 100% factors, but you never see (for obvious reasons) the film industry even hinting that prices are to blame.

My fiancé and I saw IW last night, normal def not 3D, was $33. Now, I'm assuming it's a bit higher here than in other parts of America but I can't be THAT much more. Even where my parents live in suburban PA it's about that. So imagine we had two kids, grabbed some popcorn, a candy, and a soda. It's no longer a random 'hey, let's go to a movie tonight' for a lot of families; it's something they have to budget for.
    Old 05-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #398
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Right, all the home entertainment things are 100% factors, but you never see (for obvious reasons) the film industry even hinting that prices are to blame.

My fiancé and I saw IW last night, normal def not 3D, was $33. Now, I'm assuming it's a bit higher here than in other parts of America but I can't be THAT much more. Even where my parents live in suburban PA it's about that. So imagine we had two kids, grabbed some popcorn, a candy, and a soda. It's no longer a random 'hey, let's go to a movie tonight' for a lot of families; it's something they have to budget for.
    is this new?

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #399
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    is this new?
    November...gettin married July 15 so sorta but not really. I think I've used gf on here a few times since, so probably confusing
    Old 05-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #400
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    November...gettin married July 15 so sorta but not really. I think I've used gf on here a few times since, so probably confusing
    Jesus Christ that's a quick turnaround. My brother is doing the same shit, engaged in September and getting married in a few weeks. What's the rush?
    Old 05-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #401
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yeah probably just the first time I've noticed that labeling

congrats!

Old 05-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #402
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Oh yeah btw congrats marriage is awesome
    Old 05-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #403
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Jesus Christ that's a quick turnaround. My brother is doing the same shit, engaged in September and getting married in a few weeks. What's the rush?
    There's not really anything in it for us to be engaged. I mean, she gets to show off a ring I guess, but that's it.

But really it's because we're doing a fairly small wedding, just immediate friends and fam, 60ppl, cutting out the other 100+ we'd have to invite if we did even close extended fam, so the planning just isn't too involved.

Oh also we've been together 8 years so...we've basically been engaged for like 5 years already

Quote:
    yeah probably just the first time I've noticed that labeling

congrats!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Oh yeah btw congrats marriage is awesome
    And thanks!
    Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #404
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There's not really anything in it for us to be engaged. I mean, she gets to show off a ring I guess, but that's it.

But really it's because we're doing a fairly small wedding, just immediate friends and fam, 60ppl, cutting out the other 100+ we'd have to invite if we did even close extended fam, so the planning just isn't too involved.

Oh also we've been together 8 years so...we've basically been engaged for like 5 years already
    See, this makes sense at least. My bro and his fiance are planning a 150+ person wedding in nine months simply because the venue they liked had a cancellation and they got a sweet deal by moving the date up AN ENTIRE YEAR. They are both stressed beyond belief, I of course can't say anything to them without risking sounding like an asshole.

As far as the engagement, I actually liked that we were engaged for 16 months or so. Took all the planning at a nice easy pace, we weren't homeowners yet so we had very few problems . Life was really good during the engagement period.
    Old 05-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #405
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Christ, yea, there's still enough shit to be mildly stressed about for 60ppl, I can't imagine a 150+ in that time.
    Old 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM   #406
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

This detail only just hit me... is it maybe a plot hole?

when the ships of those 4 armed-animals of Thanos' army first show up at Wakanda, how do they actually get thru? Because Wakanda still has the "cloak" on it. I know at the end of Black Panther he says they're going to start opening themselves up to the world, but they can't have actually done it yet. Because when Cap and the gang are first riding in on the quinjet, they have to have their flight bearing exactly so to break thru the cloak that's acting still as the jungle facade.

And yea, those Thanos ships initially hit and break apart on top of that dome, but that dome ISN'T the "cloak". It's merely an advanced security system that just shields the inner part of the city. It's still Wakandan ground outside the dome. Those ships shouldn't have been able to come thru at all.

/nerd

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #407
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    This detail only just hit me... is it maybe a plot hole?

when the ships of those 4 armed-animals of Thanos' army first show up at Wakanda, how do they actually get thru? Because Wakanda still has the "cloak" on it. I know at the end of Black Panther he says they're going to start opening themselves up to the world, but they can't have actually done it yet. Because when Cap and the gang are first riding in on the quinjet, they have to have their flight bearing exactly so to break thru the cloak that's acting still as the jungle facade.

And yea, those Thanos ships initially hit and break apart on top of that dome, but that dome ISN'T the "cloak". It's merely an advanced security system that just shields the inner part of the city. It's still Wakandan ground outside the dome. Those ships shouldn't have been able to come thru at all.

/nerd
    I wasn't under the impression that the cloak was impenetrable - thought it just hid them from view/detection, but you could just go through it.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #408
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

I thought they teleported into the cloak. I'm not sure though, these movies always have people flying and teleporting everywhere with abandon

Old 06-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #409
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    I wasn't under the impression that the cloak was impenetrable - thought it just hid them from view/detection, but you could just go through it.

well I actually didn't think that, mostly just because, like I said when the plane's first flying in when they're bringing in Vision, it has to be flying at an exactly correct bearing to work (not unlike the island in Lost, you had to fly or sail at a specific bearing to get off it). cause Sam even says to Steve "I hope this is right, cause otherwise we're gonna land a lot sooner than you think".

That to me implies if the bearing isn't right, you'll basically crash into an invisible wall.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #410
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I thought they teleported into the cloak. I'm not sure though, these movies always have people flying and teleporting everywhere with abandon

the mini-ships that were carrying those 4 armed cougar things, no they detached from a Thanos mother ship up in space, came right down thru Earth's atmosphere straight at Wakanda from above.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #411
    MOWJO8185

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    well I actually didn't think that, mostly just because, like I said when the plane's first flying in when they're bringing in Vision, it has to be flying at an exactly correct bearing to work (not unlike the island in Lost, you had to fly or sail at a specific bearing to get off it). cause Sam even says to Steve "I hope this is right, cause otherwise we're gonna land a lot sooner than you think".

That to me implies if the bearing isn't right, you'll basically crash into an invisible wall.
    I think that line just meant that he hopes Steve was right about the trees and mountains they were about to fly into just being a cloak and not, like, actual trees and mountains.
    MOWJO8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #412
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the mini-ships that were carrying those 4 armed cougar things, no they detached from a Thanos mother ship up in space, came right down thru Earth's atmosphere straight at Wakanda from above.
    ah got it. I can't keep any locations straight during these movies

Old 06-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #413
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

I just randomly found this 2008 Australian interview where RDJ was on the press tour for the original Iron Man, and considering where we are today, it's pretty damn funny to hear what he says at the point I've synced up

https://youtu.be/NVs3_Gj-8QA?t=2m51s

Old 06-29-2018, 06:08 AM   #414
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You sure about that, Clark? A pair of 2D tickets to Jurassic World this past weekend in the greater Twin Cities was $19.
    Old 06-29-2018, 06:13 AM   #415
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

It's $12.50/ticket for us down here in SW CT for anything other than a Tuesday or a matinee. Add in soda and popcorn and you're looking at a $40 night for a movie.
    Old 06-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #416
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    You sure about that, Clark? A pair of 2D tickets to Jurassic World this past weekend in the greater Twin Cities was $19.
    Yes...I know how much money I spent...
    Old 07-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #417
    atrippingbillie
    gardt

Shows Seen: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes...I know how much money I spent...
    You Sure? Cause i spend 15$ a ticket here in Austin
    Old 07-07-2018, 11:17 PM   #418
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

been meaning to do this for a little while now, I just want to be on record here still this long out with my prediction for the A4 title.

Avengers: Eternity

the Russos said the title for Avengers 4 is never stated in any dialog from Infinity War, also admitting that "Forever" has been the closest fan guess so far for what the title really is. And for some reason I genuinely believe them on both counts.
    There was some hub bub within the last week when the cinematographer for Infinity War (also was for Civil War and Winter Soldier) updated his official online resume with the title of "Avengers: End Game", so a lot of fans were wondering if it accidentally got leaked. It was then changed within just a couple of hours. I mean this is the DP of the 1st unit, so obviously he was a major presence on set, but I think it's very reasonable "End Game" was a basic working title they were using during production (which can often then be printed on actual physical crew clothing around the set), and that's where he got that from. I just really REALLY don't think that was ever sincerely going to be the final title. Plus going back to part of the original excuse for them not giving it away, I just don't see how End Game would be some huge spoiler. That's a very generic phrase for the last chapter of something, and Marvel has been abundantly clear for a long time now how by the end of Avengers 4 it would be essentially a finishing of everything up to this point.

Last edited by junior94; 07-07-2018 at 11:19 PM.
    Old 07-08-2018, 06:53 AM   #419
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Junior, not to be rude, but who really cares what the title is?
    Old 07-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #420
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

nobody. oh my bad, I didn't make that post with the intention that anyone should actually give a shit