What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 1004 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-31-2015, 08:21 AM   #30091
AlpineValley804
Casey

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
What do I pay monthly for if I still have adds?
It's amazing to me that they still haven't implemented an ad-free plan for a few bucks more a month, which most people would be fine with doing.

What makes it worse is that it's always the same ads too. Even regular TV has more ad variety.
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
Both movies do have anal, though.
AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-31-2015, 09:55 AM   #30092
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Exactly! and not just one or two ads, I get three or four every break, it's awful.
    Old 05-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #30093
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

People that walk out of buildings straight into the sidewalk without looking or paying attention. Even more specifically, the ones that slowly drift across so you have to alter your path if you don't feel like running into them.

Similarly people that can't walk in a straight line.

It's amazing how so many people who walk probably every day, in a city where everyone walks, can suck so badly at walking
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2015, 02:42 PM   #30094
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aicdmb View Post
    If someone is out watching the game alone, Im feeling pretty bad for them. Not as bad as Bridge's Vegas buddy, but still bad
    For the teams I'm crazy about, I'm a pretty vocal person which is why I stay at home and watch with my friends/family as opposed to putting that display on in public.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    People that walk out of buildings straight into the sidewalk without looking or paying attention. Even more specifically, the ones that slowly drift across so you have to alter your path if you don't feel like running into them.

It's amazing how so many people who walk probably every day, in a city where everyone walks, can suck so badly at walking
    I live in Chicago and I try to assume they are all out of towners. Groups walking four across taking up the entire sidewalk are also annoying. We're trying to live in a society, people!!
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2015, 03:24 PM   #30095
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    For the teams I'm crazy about, I'm a pretty vocal person which is why I stay at home and watch with my friends/family as opposed to putting that display on in public.

I live in Chicago and I try to assume they are all out of towners. Groups walking four across taking up the entire sidewalk are also annoying. We're trying to live in a society, people!!

i took a sociology class that discussed this. its just human nature to walk evenly with everybody else rather than some in front and some in back. we're actually wired to take up that much space on a sidewalk.
    Old 05-31-2015, 03:29 PM   #30096
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    i took a sociology class that discussed this. its just human nature to walk evenly with everybody else rather than some in front and some in back. we're actually wired to take up that much space on a sidewalk.
    Okay, fine. But, when you see someone ahead, does no one think they should move at all to allow them to pass through without having to walk in the grass or street? Seems more rude than natural.
    Old 05-31-2015, 03:35 PM   #30097
    spoot388

My Tour Central Stats

what annoys me today: people whose job it is to plan for major events and do such a shitty job planning for what is going to happen.

there was an airshow in the denver area this weekend. beautiful weekend for it. the main draw was the US Air Force's Thunderbirds (USAF's version of the Navy's Blue Angels). traffic was so bad for the saturday show that many people did not even make it to the show because they sat in traffic all morning/afternoon. the promoters announced that saturday tickets will be honored on sunday for those who couldn't make it the day before, and that the lots will open up an hour earlier than scheduled to help alleviate some of the congestion.

by 1130am today, there was an announcement on the show's website saying that because traffic was so bad, anybody beyond a certain point on the road heading towards the show will be turned around and not allowed in. refunds will be given, but still, how fucking shitty is that?

i wasn't planning on going to the show, but i wanted to see the thunderbirds. i found a high school just a couple miles from the event grounds that i thought would be a pretty good vantage point to see them. apparently a few thousand other people had the same idea. i was content with getting to see the thunderbird's 40 minute show from there, but i would have been livid if i was planning on going to the actual show, especially if i had a kid who was excited to see the planes. how can they plan so poorly for what the crowd was going to be like?
    Old 05-31-2015, 03:37 PM   #30098
    spoot388

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Okay, fine. But, when you see someone ahead, does no one think they should move at all to allow them to pass through without having to walk in the grass or street? Seems more rude than natural.

oh, that, ya. thats just people being asshats. likely some sort of alpha mind game they are trying to play, even though they are the only one playing it. whoever moves out of the way for the other is the submissive. or they are too busy text to pay attention to where they are walking.
    Old 05-31-2015, 03:56 PM   #30099
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I walk right through the line, no fucks given.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2015, 04:00 PM   #30100
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

No you don't
    Old 05-31-2015, 04:19 PM   #30101
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post

as with most things, it stems from people just not giving a shit

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2015, 04:29 PM   #30102
    diableri
    Stay Limber

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Being behind the most complex sandwich order ever imagined.

We've been backpacking the last few days and stopped by a great German bakery and deli on the way home.

"Red onions or Spanish? Are all the breads gluten free? You don't know? Hmm, OK never mind that. Is the beef local? You don't know? This is all organic right? What about the bakery items, are they gluten and preservative free?" He continues for another 3-4 minutes...

Guy behind the counter looks at me as if begging for a mercy killing. The complicated sandwich bandit notices and looks at me. I wave to the deli case as if encouraging him to continue and the guy behind me says to him, "don't stop now, the story will only get better the bigger an ass you are about this sandwich." None of us have showered or done much but brush teeth in two days so we're a little crusty. I don't know what happened after that, but it is my fantasy that the sandwich killed him with it's bare roast beef hands.
    diableri is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2015, 04:33 PM   #30103
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by diableri View Post
    Being behind the most complex sandwich order ever imagined.

We've been backpacking the last few days and stopped by a great German bakery and deli on the way home.

"Red onions or Spanish? Are all the breads gluten free? You don't know? Hmm, OK never mind that. Is the beef local? You don't know? This is all organic right? What about the bakery items, are they gluten and preservative free?" He continues for another 3-4 minutes...

Guy behind the counter looks at me as if begging for a mercy killing. The complicated sandwich bandit notices and looks at me. I wave to the deli case as if encouraging him to continue and the guy behind me says to him, "don't stop now, the story will only get better the bigger an ass you are about this sandwich." None of us have showered or done much but brush teeth in two days so we're a little crusty. I don't know what happened after that, but it is my fantasy that the sandwich killed him with it's bare roast beef hands.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErRHJlE4PGI

Also...

George Carlin:

Quote:
    The more complicated the order, the bigger the asshole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a 'decaf grandee, half soy, half lowfat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet,' ooooh, you're a huge asshole.

Last edited by rconverse; 05-31-2015 at 04:37 PM.
    Old 05-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #30104
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I just knew that's what your youtube link would take me too. Love that sketch.
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Both movies do have anal, though.
    AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2015, 06:08 PM   #30105
    diableri
    Stay Limber

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The eerie part is this motherfucker looked a lot like the video guy just shorter hair and dressed as a roadie.
    diableri is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2015, 07:51 PM   #30106
    spoot388

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    I walk right through the line, no fucks given.

bullfuckinshit you do. they cut the traffic 4 miles from the event location. who knows how far back in traffic you would have been from after the cut. even if you were right at the cut, you would then have to find someplace to park, which would be even further away because the cut was at an interstate exit. no fuckin way you walk 5+ miles one way.
    Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 PM   #30107
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I think he was talking about walking through the line of assholes on the sidewalk, Spoot, not about your thing.
    Old 05-31-2015, 08:45 PM   #30108
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I think he was talking about walking through the line of assholes on the sidewalk, Spoot, not about your thing.
    This. I at least say, "Excuse me," but don't fucking block the sidewalk. I won't walk around.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 AM   #30109
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    Did you say you might have a predisposition to going postal or something?

Didn't say. Just said I was ineligible for the position I applied for then showed other positions I was ineligible for. It did say I could apply for other positions, but I doubt theres anything else I could do within the postal service with a high school diploma.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 05:46 AM   #30110
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by diableri View Post
    Being behind the most complex sandwich order ever imagined....
    I had a good time at Costco last night. We always say, let's never go to Costco again on a Sunday. And yet, we keep fuckin doing it.

Lines are insane. There are 3 women with a cart with about 30-40 items in it in the self checkout line. Costco doesn't say that the self-checkout is for X items or less, and I go through self-checkouts at grocery stores with lots of items. But I also know I'm good at self-checking.

So while the line is moving along, they occasionally break off to put something back on the shelf they don't need. Once it's their turn, of course they have trouble scanning shit, keeping count of the 14 packs of bed sheets. The attendant needs to come over and help them twice. Then before scanning everything, they start to pay. I figure, great, multiple transactions.

Then I guess her card is declined. Let me whip out my phone and check my balance. Then tell the attendant she didn't have enough money but hold on I just have to make the transfer. That's the second fucking time AT COSTCO we've been behind someone who had to transfer funds on their phone while trying to pay.

THEN they decide they're not gonna get the last 15ish items in the cart, so they have to turn it around and try to shove it past the huge crowd behind them. We start scanning our 5 items, let the conveyor roll them all down right into their towels and crap. Pay, receipt, grab our shit before they ever got all theirs back in a cart.
    GSUdawg521 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #30111
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
    I had a good time at Costco last night. We always say, let's never go to Costco again on a Sunday. And yet, we keep fuckin doing it.

Lines are insane. There are 3 women with a cart with about 30-40 items in it in the self checkout line. Costco doesn't say that the self-checkout is for X items or less, and I go through self-checkouts at grocery stores with lots of items. But I also know I'm good at self-checking.

So while the line is moving along, they occasionally break off to put something back on the shelf they don't need. Once it's their turn, of course they have trouble scanning shit, keeping count of the 14 packs of bed sheets. The attendant needs to come over and help them twice. Then before scanning everything, they start to pay. I figure, great, multiple transactions.

Then I guess her card is declined. Let me whip out my phone and check my balance. Then tell the attendant she didn't have enough money but hold on I just have to make the transfer. That's the second fucking time AT COSTCO we've been behind someone who had to transfer funds on their phone while trying to pay.

THEN they decide they're not gonna get the last 15ish items in the cart, so they have to turn it around and try to shove it past the huge crowd behind them. We start scanning our 5 items, let the conveyor roll them all down right into their towels and crap. Pay, receipt, grab our shit before they ever got all theirs back in a cart.
    yeah Costco is the worst as far as getting through checkout quickly.

we used to go on weekends, but now we try to go around 7 PM or so on weekdays. Even so, it seems like we're always stuck behind someone who's either writing a check or using a coupon that the cashier (who is a TEAM MEMBER SINCE" 2001) has no damn clue how to apply to the total

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #30112
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

and don't get me started on when cashiers have to do their little 'cash drops' because the amount in their till is over the maximum that has been determined by the Corporate Powers-That-Be.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #30113
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hulu is owned by Comcast if that helps give any insight.
    Old 06-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #30114
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

The customary handshake. I'm tired of shaking hands... It's unsanitary.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #30115
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    The customary handshake. I'm tired of shaking hands... It's unsanitary.
    I read this in Larry David's voice.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #30116
    aoeiifreak

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    and don't get me started on when cashiers have to do their little 'cash drops' because the amount in their till is over the maximum that has been determined by the Corporate Powers-That-Be.
    Having worked at a gas station I kind of get the idea. If the cash registers always have a low amount of cash inside them theoretically robbers wouldn't be as inclined to try and hold up the place. However in practice this is a bit stupid because the Manager, Assistant Manager and any shift leads have keys to the safe, and usually one of those people is at the store anyway.
    aoeiifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #30117
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    I read this in Larry David's voice.

I got called out for directly going to the Purrel after shaking a couple of hands this weekend. I don't care... I have no idea where your hands have been.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #30118
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Eating a big lunch and then feeling way tired and unmotivated for the last couple of hours of my shift.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #30119
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

There's two kinds of people in the world. The first wait in a line that takes forever, get to the front, and then say "well, if I had to wait that long, then I get to take my time once I'm here. I've earned it." The second wait in the same line, get to the front, and say "there's still a lot of people waiting, I better do this as quickly as I can."

I think this is one of the most fundamental distinctions between human beings.
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #30120
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I'm always the second category. I always feel super self conscious whenever I'm ordering and there is a big line behind me. I try to be as quick and efficient as possible.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote