New Album Coming in One Week! - Page 620 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-19-2022, 05:39 PM   #18571
crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

At the end of the day, we’re almost 620 pages of discussion about something that may or may not be coming sometime within the next couple weeks and the heat death of the universe. We’re not treading any new ground here, we’re just stuck in the same cycle of topics. We’re all clearly excited to get a new album, for 3 years, and the band hasn’t delivered anything despite talking about it themselves for 3 years. That’s disappointing and frustrating.

Just release the damn thing. Nobody cares about DMB dropping new music in 2022 besides fans of DMB. It’s not going to have a viral tik tok sound, it’s not going to explode on the charts, just release it. There’s too much thought going into something that doesn’t really need it.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-19-2022, 05:48 PM   #18572
    monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    Fact: Billy Joel released a slam dunk of an album in 1993’s River of Dreams, which produced a big hit for him in the song of the same name. Fans of Billy Joel were quite pleased he was releasing new music so you’re speaking on points that you literally made up. Your points also don’t do anything to change the fact that fans of THIS particular band ARE hungry for new music and seem genuinely excited for THIS band to put an album out. Your points also do nothing to negate the fact that the band themselves have all spoken to an album coming for two years and fans are anxious for its arrival, despite your data and “facts”.
    Billy Joel was 44 years old and it was 22 years after his debut album. Dave at almost 60 isn't the same. And notice you said it was a critically acclaimed album and his fans were quite pleased.

They need to get this album right instead of rushing it because 1% of the fanbase is complaining about it. If dave thinks the album is done and the label or management is like "dude these 2 songs suck more than she and come tomorrow go back to the lab" then I would rather have that be before a drop. The older Dave gets the more stubborn and lazy he gets which is why Billy was smart to stop making albums at 44 just over 2 decades into his career. And billy was 1 star with many talented studio musicians at his disposal. This band is a bunch of folks on different coasts with different side projects and other jobs in the case of Jeff and Rashawn at least.
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 05:52 PM   #18573
    theflower

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    Not For DMB and other bands that mix up set lists Examples:

Till this day there are Phish and Umphrey's songs that still haven't made official albums
    I say this with respect to you and with a degree of comedy in light of how long this debate has gone back and forth… Do not see how you have argued your perspective so long that it is now supporting the opposite view point? Those are years that DMB had great new music and failed album efforts. …. 2000 in particular. If the Lillywhite sessions gets produced and released its perhaps there strongest album of all time and instead ….. that very phenomenon is what people are pointing out. Great music that is produced and recorded and not released.
    theflower is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 06:19 PM   #18574
    MiniFlynny34

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Hopes too high for this week...disappointed in myself
    Old 09-19-2022, 08:17 PM   #18575
    monizzle145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by theflower View Post
    I say this with respect to you and with a degree of comedy in light of how long this debate has gone back and forth… Do not see how you have argued your perspective so long that it is now supporting the opposite view point? Those are years that DMB had great new music and failed album efforts. …. 2000 in particular. If the Lillywhite sessions gets produced and released its perhaps there strongest album of all time and instead ….. that very phenomenon is what people are pointing out. Great music that is produced and recorded and not released.
    I have never denied that DMB has self sabotaged album efforts and the fact they did that in their prime is why I have little faith in they will get better at it know haha. At least the sabotaged raw sound of tLWS still sounded good as busted stuff and they stumbled upon making a top 5 song in YNK in the BS sessions. Now the studio sessions create trainwrecks like "Come Tomorrow which has to be one of the most underwhelming title tracks of all time.

This is why I have been so excited for the 2021 and 2022 tours because I knew the longer an album gets pushed back the better the tours and music will be. My observation this entire time is that people are mocking DMB's rollout for releasing a new album that most likely will have a second half with trash music and botched re recordings (see cant stop 2.0).

I love the new songs already out but I also loved the 2015-16 songs outside of Samurai Cop. Let the band talk themselves outta releasing another subpar album that is mixed and matched and full of confusion.
    Old 09-19-2022, 08:22 PM   #18576
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    Billy Joel was 44 years old and it was 22 years after his debut album. Dave at almost 60 isn't the same. And notice you said it was a critically acclaimed album and his fans were quite pleased.

They need to get this album right instead of rushing it because 1% of the fanbase is complaining about it. If dave thinks the album is done and the label or management is like "dude these 2 songs suck more than she and come tomorrow go back to the lab" then I would rather have that be before a drop. The older Dave gets the more stubborn and lazy he gets which is why Billy was smart to stop making albums at 44 just over 2 decades into his career. And billy was 1 star with many talented studio musicians at his disposal. This band is a bunch of folks on different coasts with different side projects and other jobs in the case of Jeff and Rashawn at least.
    Except I don't think it's the majority of the fanbase that hates these songs, much less an RCA executive that sent back the album.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 08:52 PM   #18577
    RainDog1980

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaymas9 View Post
    I don't think anyone has extra layers of disappointment. This is simply "band talks about a finished album, we've heard finished songs from." "man it's taking a really long time to get a finished album out."

Every other time the band takes a long time or scraps sessions...the album is not discussed in the way this one has been. Even the 2014-2016 Cavallo sessions that produced 4 songs, no one talked about the album like it was an album, just that they were recording.

Also, our sources on here are good, and the info when it's received is more often than not, solid. This points to a really scatterbrained decision-making process where things completely change, seemingly on a whim. That's the whole "bad at releasing music thing."

Again, I'm personally not "disappointed," I just think it's wild that this incredibly popular, well-financed, group of insanely talented musicians struggles so much to release their finished music this go-around.
    I’ll agree with that, I also think it’s bizarre and want to know wtf is up. Others are probably more vocal on the boards. I was speaking more to the fact that it’s not new behavior. Puzzling all the same.

At least Ben Folds just announced he finished an album, and it’s mixed and mastered. But not coming out until May 2023.
    RainDog1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 08:56 PM   #18578
    homijjl

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

New song tease maybe before You and Me? @Hollywood Bowl

“I’m coming home to you again you see
    Where do we go from here”

Is that a thing? It was cool
    homijjl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 09:03 PM   #18579
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by homijjl View Post
    New song tease maybe before You and Me? @Hollywood Bowl

“I’m coming home to you again you see
    Where do we go from here”

Is that a thing? It was cool

If you’re referring to the little intro, they have being doing it in the last Y&M performances. I like the intro more than the song itself, actually
    Old 09-19-2022, 09:13 PM   #18580
    homijjl

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
    If you’re referring to the little intro, they have being doing it in the last Y&M performances. I like the intro more than the song itself, actually
    Cool, thanks! Yeah that sounds like it could be something interesting I dug it
    homijjl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2022, 10:36 PM   #18581
    monizzle145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    Except I don't think it's the majority of the fanbase that hates these songs, much less an RCA executive that sent back the album.
    Come tomorrow was not received well by the fanbase and they even try to "remix" it with Brandi and it never took off. And a lot of people I know hate she. Go and read the lyrics of Come Tomorrow and tell me it was written well lol.
    Old 09-20-2022, 05:02 AM   #18582
    jaymas9

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I do like River of Dreams
    Old 09-20-2022, 05:07 AM   #18583
    bibby1044

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

What song was the violinist soloing on from rashawns video he posted? I thought it was Ants but according to almanac strings were on songs that wouldn’t have a violin solo.
    bibby1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 05:38 AM   #18584
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    Have you had seats at a show when either of those songs are played? Mass exodus.

The hardcores may actively hate those songs whereas that's probably too strong of a description for the sentiment of casual fans/attendees. But it's clear the songs do nothing for most of the crowd at a show except provide an opportunity to get another beer/take a leak/chit chat.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 05:38 AM   #18585
    jbrown211
    Josh

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

So they really are just going to perform the same cycle of songs at Hollywood bowl and not mention an album? Had some hope for this week, but I thought something album related would be tied up in these shows and with the first show complete with absolutely nothing, it seems unlikely anything will change.

This to me is crazy how they have dragged this out lol. Nothing else to say.
    jbrown211 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 05:47 AM   #18586
    mynameismike

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Really? i have always felt announcing mid tour, especially at the last leg would be really odd. It would seem to make the most sense to announce something after the leg but before the Fall tour. Why make an announcement with two shows left? let the summer tour be the summer tour and after that wraps, then begin the album cycle
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 05:54 AM   #18587
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

if they announce a fall tour and let everybody pay for tickets, flights, and hotels, THEN announce that it's an album tour, I'd be extremely pissed
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 06:26 AM   #18588
    monizzle145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbrown211 View Post
    So they really are just going to perform the same cycle of songs at Hollywood bowl and not mention an album? Had some hope for this week, but I thought something album related would be tied up in these shows and with the first show complete with absolutely nothing, it seems unlikely anything will change.

This to me is crazy how they have dragged this out lol. Nothing else to say.
    First off it's night 1 of night 2 lol relax and don't mock the band till after N2

Second 99% of the fanbase this morning doesn't give a flying might duck of Anaheim about a new album not being announced last night. The fanbase is going nuts over the fact the fiddle was included in 4 songs including an all time Ants performance for the buddy strong era. If your takeaway from last night is being upset they don't mention an album on night 1 its silly.

No album announcement by late Nov/ early Dec sure be upset they ran through a full year of touring without a hint of an album release timeframe. But a Monday night without an announcement. Come on man! ***Chris Carter voice****
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:14 AM   #18589
    Hilly

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

If you know, you know.
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:16 AM   #18590
    Aforauer

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    If you know, you know.

Tomorrow? I’m down why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aforauer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:25 AM   #18591
    Gunz

My Tour Central Stats

Lol @ calling Dave lazy. He’s arguably in the best shape of his life performance and health wise. Physically also. Not to mention touring his azz off. Most people are exhausted after seeing the band 3 days in a row. Imagine actually performing the damn things for an entire tour.

Lazy. Good grief.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:31 AM   #18592
    Alpine416

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    if they announce a fall tour and let everybody pay for tickets, flights, and hotels, THEN announce that it's an album tour, I'd be extremely pissed
    Does it being an album tour change if you are going to go to show(s) or not?
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:31 AM   #18593
    dmbcriggidy

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

First off, this forum is obnoxious. Yet I still find my way back here every other day.

Second, does the disappearance of Break For It suggest it is on the album - which is coming and if you don’t think so at this point I’d say you’re delusional, timing notwithstanding - but they played it a ton early on, felt good about it and the fans reaction, and said let’s not flood the market with Break For Its?
    dmbcriggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:35 AM   #18594
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alpine416 View Post
    Does it being an album tour change if you are going to go to show(s) or not?
    100%. no desire to pay a couple grand to watch a pair of shows with 12 new songs played over the two nights (not to mention the inevitable 6-8 bw/su/ct/aatw snoozers).
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:36 AM   #18595
    anthonysoscia

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

I believe they may be working in the studio while here in LA.
    anthonysoscia is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:36 AM   #18596
    Alpine416

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

It's a great week to announce some new merch. "Text 33023 (if you have one of those fancy text message plans) or fax us your payment information and we will have a horse carriage delivery out to you in 1-3 months." - DMB management probably
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:38 AM   #18597
    theflower

My Tour Central Stats

My bet is on no mention of album until January 2023. just seems way to quiet for there to actually be an album coming this fall. if the fall tour really is an "album" type tour, which is what i assumed it would be before the tour was announced with no reference to an album, it would seem weird to sell tickets for shows without telling people that. I assume a lot of people may be inclined to not buy tickets if it's an album related tour. who knows.
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:42 AM   #18598
    theflower

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anthonysoscia View Post
    I believe they may be working in the studio while here in LA.
    just some finishing touches. A hand clap here, a random incoherent yell there... and you definitely need some sort of siren or bird call mixed in to pull this thing all the way together.
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:44 AM   #18599
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

they're deciding which part of the youtube video they want to use
    Old 09-20-2022, 07:52 AM   #18600
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post

For me it completely depends on how the new songs are, if it was a good album I'd be pumped
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote