*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 2715 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #81421
DMBZeppelin
OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

US Ambassador to Germany

https://twitter.com/richardgrenell/s...212394496?s=21

@RichardGrenell: As @realDonaldTrump said, US sanctions will target critical sectors of Iran’s economy. German companies doing business in Iran should wind down operations immediately.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #81422
    jmc419

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Is this a liberal safe space or a Trump safe space?

The title is not very clear.
    jmc419 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #81423
    swordo84
    . .

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    It's almost like he has no fucking idea what he's doing, isn't it?
    That's my general concern, yes.
    swordo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #81424
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
    I'd prefer to know today as your initial post seems to imply immediate happiness.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmc419 View Post
    Fact is, it's not today man
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    US Ambassador to Germany

https://twitter.com/richardgrenell/s...212394496?s=21

@RichardGrenell: As @realDonaldTrump said, US sanctions will target critical sectors of Iran’s economy. German companies doing business in Iran should wind down operations immediately.
    Seems pretty immediate JMC

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #81425
    swordo84
    . .

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Canada could be setting itself up to sell even more of it's biggest export - crude.

Could that be positive for Canada?
    Potentially, but Iran having nukes is a net negative for the world as a whole so I'd prefer to keep more of our crude if that meant a drastically reduced chance of some nutty regime having nukes.
    swordo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #81426
    jmc419

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Seems pretty immediate JMC

Negotiating starts now.
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #81427
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Speaking of Trump and Iran. Re-upping this gem on a Trump hotel project involving a company with ties to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Quote:
    Alan Garten told me that the Trump Organization had commissioned a risk assessment for the Baku deal, but declined to name the company that had performed it. The Washington Post article on the Baku project reported that, according to Garten, the Trump Organization had undertaken “extensive due diligence” before making the hotel deal and had not discovered “any red flags.”

But the Mammadov family, in addition to its reputation for corruption, has a troubling connection that any proper risk assessment should have unearthed: for years, it has been financially entangled with an Iranian family tied to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, the ideologically driven military force. In 2008, the year that the tower was announced, Ziya Mammadov, in his role as Transportation Minister, awarded a series of multimillion-dollar contracts to Azarpassillo, an Iranian construction company. Keyumars Darvishi, its chairman, fought in the Iran-Iraq War. After the war, he became the head of Raman, an Iranian construction firm that is controlled by the Revolutionary Guard. The U.S. government has regularly accused the Guard of criminal activity, including drug trafficking, sponsoring terrorism abroad, and money laundering. Reuters recently reported that the Trump Administration was poised to officially condemn the Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization.

I asked Garten how deeply the Trump Organization had looked into the Mammadov family’s political connections. Had it been concerned that Elton Mammadov, as a sitting member of parliament, might exploit his power to benefit the project? How much money had Ziya Mammadov invested in Elton’s company? Garten noted that he didn’t oversee the due-diligence process. “The people who did are no longer at the company,” he said. “I can’t tell you what was done in this situation.” He would not identify the former employees. When I asked him to provide documentation of due diligence, he said that he couldn’t share it with me, because “it’s confidential and privileged.”
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...mps-worst-deal
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #81428
    FromTheMorning

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What do you want to know today?

My question was "What are your thoughts on the time table for being 100% pulled out?"

Fact is, it's not today man. You should be happy it's not shredded like he campaigned on. But if it was shredded today it sounds like liberals in here WOULD be happier.
    1. Why I, a supporter of the deal, should be celebrating.
    2. Stop deflecting. No, it's not out of the realm of possibility the deal remains intact. I never said otherwise.
    3. Where are you getting that idea from?
    FromTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #81429
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Speaking of Trump and Iran. Re-upping this gem on a Trump hotel project involving a company with ties to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...mps-worst-deal
    Doing business with enemies of America is totally cool if Trump's doing it. Or so we've learned in the last year.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #81430
    NextMovement41
    BBQ BEER FREEDOM

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

So BiBi makes a powerpoint and Trump loses it? Cool
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #81431
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You are not getting anywhere with the personal attacks but keep them coming if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Your 'few moderate views' sound just like a candidate firing AR15's during his advertisements to support the liberal agenda.
    Well, giving facts and information didn't get anywhere either, so here we are.

Here's Conor Lamb's campaign site, under "Priorities": https://conorlamb.com/priorities/

On ACA: "The Affordable Care Act has flaws, but it has provided affordable coverage to more than a million Pennsylvanians who were previously uninsured.

Our representatives in Congress should be working together to build on that progress, fix what isn't working, and make the law better. Instead, Republicans in Congress spent the past year trying to take health insurance away from people with no plan to replace it. Now, costs are likely to go up for many of us, especially those with preexisting conditions. That is unacceptable, and it's a failure of leadership."

On Medicare, Social Security, and the GOP tax bill: "Within 12 hours of giving away our tax dollars to the wealthy and big corporations, Speaker Paul Ryan announced that he would try to pay for it by coming after Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid. It didn't take long for the Republican leadership in Washington to make clear that once they drove this nation another $1.5 trillion in debt, they were going to use that as an excuse to cut the programs seniors depend on and paid into all their lives."

On Unions: "I support unions, and I'm proud to be endorsed by the AFL-CIO. I believe that all workers have the right to organize and bargain collectively for better wages, benefits and working conditions. And I know that when unions do the work, it gets done on time and on budget."

The first two are the biggest legislative issues taken up during Trump's time in office, and Lamb draws a direct contrast to the views shared by the President and the GOP at large. The second is in direct contrast to the right-to-work type laws that Trump and the GOP have championed.

You can say his shooting a gun in an ad, or his own personal beliefs on abortion that he has stated would not dictate his legislating, puts him on the side of those issues with the GOP. But that doesn't make him "like Trump", and on the issues of actual substance he is on the complete opposite side as Trump and the GOP.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:39 PM   #81432
    jmc419

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    1. Why I, a supporter of the deal, should be celebrating.
    2. Stop deflecting. No, it's not out of the realm of possibility the deal remains intact. I never said otherwise.
    3. Where are you getting that idea from?
    Thanks for admitting this, first time any liberal in here has agreed with my point on this.

For #3 - Read the last 3 pages, its mainly liberal tears on the 'suposed' immediate and permanent withdraw. It's nonsense as this kind of a change will take months to accomplish.

Hell shotgun even got a liberal pat on the back for stating the withdraw.
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #81433
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

John Bolton seems to be confused.

@kaitlancollins
    John Bolton, in what I believe is the first time he's addressed reporters since he became the national security adviser, repeats President Trump’s message with a hint of a smile: “We’re out of the deal, we’re out. We’re out of the deal.”
    https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/s...34624073142272
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #81434
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Negotiating starts now.
    I’m not sure you get how this stuff works.

The US and our allies made a deal, Iran abided by that deal, and now Trump wants a new deal? Not to mention he made up a bunch of things that weren’t remotely true. That stuff flies with the Trump base, but won’t work in international diplomacy.

I guess I’d you’re a Trump fan you can rest easy knowing he’s great at making deals.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #81435
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swordo84 View Post
    That's my general concern, yes.
    I'd like to tell you that we'll proceed with caution, but ...

Well, as a Canadian, you've had a front-row seat to this circus for nearly three years since he announced he was running.

You know we're not figuring this thing out anytime soon.

Sigh.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #81436
    jmc419

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well, giving facts and information didn't get anywhere either, so here we are.

Here's Conor Lamb's campaign site, under "Priorities": https://conorlamb.com/priorities/

On ACA: "The Affordable Care Act has flaws, but it has provided affordable coverage to more than a million Pennsylvanians who were previously uninsured.

Our representatives in Congress should be working together to build on that progress, fix what isn't working, and make the law better. Instead, Republicans in Congress spent the past year trying to take health insurance away from people with no plan to replace it. Now, costs are likely to go up for many of us, especially those with preexisting conditions. That is unacceptable, and it's a failure of leadership."

On Medicare, Social Security, and the GOP tax bill: "Within 12 hours of giving away our tax dollars to the wealthy and big corporations, Speaker Paul Ryan announced that he would try to pay for it by coming after Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid. It didn't take long for the Republican leadership in Washington to make clear that once they drove this nation another $1.5 trillion in debt, they were going to use that as an excuse to cut the programs seniors depend on and paid into all their lives."

On Unions: "I support unions, and I'm proud to be endorsed by the AFL-CIO. I believe that all workers have the right to organize and bargain collectively for better wages, benefits and working conditions. And I know that when unions do the work, it gets done on time and on budget."

The first two are the biggest legislative issues taken up during Trump's time in office, and Lamb draws a direct contrast to the views shared by the President and the GOP at large. The second is in direct contrast to the right-to-work type laws that Trump and the GOP have championed.

You can say his shooting a gun in an ad, or his own personal beliefs on abortion that he has stated would not dictate his legislating, puts him on the side of those issues with the GOP. But that doesn't make him "like Trump", and on the issues of actual substance he is on the complete opposite side as Trump and the GOP.
    3 issues huh. ACA, Union support and social program increases. Is that all liberals vote on? I guess that's the meat and potatoes for a rural PA.
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #81437
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ISTANBUL — Iranian Pres. Hassan Rouhani said he has directed his diplomats to negotiate with European countries, Russia and China about remaining in the nuclear deal despite the U.S. withdrawal from the agreement.

But Rouhani said Iran is ready to start unlimited uranium enrichment if these negotiations do not yield benefits in a couple of weeks.

Iranian officials struck a defiant tone Tuesday as President Trump withdrew the United States from a landmark nuclear deal with Tehran, a move that reimposes harsh economic sanctions and could prompt Iran to restart suspended nuclear activities.

The decision could trigger renewed U.S. sanctions on Iran’s oil sales and Central Bank, potentially disrupting Iran's global financial transactions and putting further pressure on its already volatile economy. It also could put European allies in a bind over whether to continue the economic dealmaking they launched with Iran since the accord was implemented in early 2016. The allies have stood firmly behind the accord, which was negotiated between Iran and six world powers: the United States, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany.

The allies could also suffer penalties under renewed U.S. sanctions, removing incentives to continue to invest in Iran.
    So will Trump sanction Europe, Russia, and China if they stay in the deal?

Last edited by DMBZeppelin; 05-08-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #81438
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Iran deal "defective at its core." says Trump

Doesn't sound like he thinks a couple tweaks here and there is the way to go. JMC?

but then he ends his speech with the hope that the iranians can work with him and come to another new deal. (and Iran wants to keep its deal with the others in the deal for as long as possible)

Things will be in flux for a few weeks/months and the deal will continue on.

Last edited by dre2142; 05-08-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #81439
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The US and our allies made a deal, Iran abided by that deal, and now Trump wants a new deal? Not to mention he made up a bunch of things that weren’t remotely true. That stuff flies with the Trump base, but won’t work in international diplomacy.

I guess I’d you’re a Trump fan you can rest easy knowing he’s great at making deals.
    Yes, he ultimately wants a new deal, under his own terms. He can keep his campaign promises back when he knew shit about the deal (he probably still doesnt), and he can also be the "savior" by getting a new deal.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #81440
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    3 issues huh. ACA, Union support and social program increases. Is that all liberals vote on? I guess that's the meat and potatoes for a rural PA.
    yeah health care, unions, and social benefits. Just a few small fish.
    Old 05-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #81441
    jmc419

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yeah health care, unions, and social benefits. Just a few small fish.
    Exactly. Like any of that has mattered to those voters over the last 20 years.
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #81442
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

jmc

KRAMER

What did you want to see me about, Mr. Leland?

LELAND

Kramer, I've.. been reviewing your work.. Quite frankly, it stinks.

KRAMER

Well, I ah.. been havin' trouble at home and uh.. I mean, ah, you know, I'll work harder, nights, weekends, whatever it takes..

LELAND

No, no, I don't think that's going to, do it, uh. These reports you handed in. It's almost as if you have no business training at all..

I don't know what this is supposed to be!

KRAMER

Well, I'm uh, just--tryin' to get ahead..

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #81443
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Exactly. Like any of that has mattered to those voters over the last 20 years.
    Healthcare was a top issue in PA-18 according to exit polls: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ecial-election

Last edited by BTBaboon; 05-08-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #81444
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Obama statement on leaving the deal:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcstLIhWAAEqR4y.jpg
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #81445
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    Obama statement on leaving the deal:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcstLIhWAAEqR4y.jpg
    Irrefutable in my opinion.
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #81446
    FromTheMorning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Healthcare was a top issue in PA-18 according to exit polls: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ecial-election
    Don't forget the polls also had Hillary winning!
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #81447
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Silver lining in Iran having nukes is that maybe one day no one will ever have to worry about the Middle East again
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #81448
    mdel21

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I mean, he literally wrote a book on it.
    mdel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:20 PM   #81449
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    Silver lining in Iran having nukes is that maybe one day no one will ever have to worry about the Middle East again
    Agreed, millions and perhaps billions of people (including children) dying is a pretty good thing.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #81450
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdel21 View Post
    I mean, he literally wrote a book on it.
    Tony Schwartz wrote a book about it.