2021 Tour Rumors/Status - Page 107 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-07-2021, 12:21 PM   #3181
Bernie41
2022 Setlist Game Champ

Shows Seen: 82

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
The band can just stop playing if they see masks down or are told masks aren't being warn. Not ideal, but relatively easy to try to enforce.
I don't think the band is going to stop playing because some people aren't wearing their mask. Its going to be tough to enforce w/r/t ppl eating and drinking etc.

If someone is going to be really concerned/upset about someone not wearing their mask, I would probably advise them against seeing shows this year to be honest
Bernie41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #3182
    sean52692

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The band can just stop playing if they see masks down or are told masks aren't being warn. Not ideal, but relatively easy to try to enforce.
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 01:49 PM   #3183
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bernie41 View Post
    I don't think the band is going to stop playing because some people aren't wearing their mask. Its going to be tough to enforce w/r/t ppl eating and drinking etc.

If someone is going to be really concerned/upset about someone not wearing their mask, I would probably advise them against seeing shows this year to be honest
    Can't eat or drink in the pavilion...rather simple. We all a bunch of twats are gonna make sure they have beers at all times to avoid wearing mask, so this removes that as an excuse.

But this is a circular debate that serves no purpose.

Cheers.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 02:09 PM   #3184
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nah, Dave can't stop.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 02:43 PM   #3185
    somuchtoplay

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Can't eat or drink in the pavilion...rather simple. We all a bunch of twats are gonna make sure they have beers at all times to avoid wearing mask, so this removes that as an excuse.

Cheers.
    That would lower beer revenues. venues arent taking a bath on concessions this year after sitting out a year. Just be prepared for less masking than you'd expect (despite the rules). After being at the NFL draft, id say, if you are bothered by loose masking restrictions, sit this year out.
    somuchtoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 03:01 PM   #3186
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Holy fuck

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 03:38 PM   #3187
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wow. Just wow. Such an awful take.
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #3188
    greyson1289

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I can't tell if these is truly serious or not lol.

Ridiculous if you think this would happen.
    greyson1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 04:50 PM   #3189
    joeyray34

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Each instrument should be assigned mask oversight for certain sections and stop playing accordingly then we can coordinate various songs with certain Instruments!
    joeyray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 05:08 PM   #3190
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This makes me sad
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 06:31 PM   #3191
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Dave see no masks? That Girl Is You the next two songs.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #3192
    Vorony

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greyson1289 View Post
    I can't tell if these is truly serious or not lol.

Ridiculous if you think this would happen.
    I don’t know which take was worse - the band stopping play because people aren’t wearing masks properly, or not allowing any food or beverage inside the pavilions. Both are equally ridiculous and so far removed from reality.
    Vorony is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 04:53 AM   #3193
    DaveHead77
    Saw LS teased 2x n 2wks

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Cheers.
    Not to be overtly insensitive here but what’s your big hold up and having zero tolerance for people not wearing masks at an outside show? I mean not allowing people to eat or drink in the pavilion, cmon give me a fucking break dude lol
    Nashville '00, '04, ‘19, & ‘23, D&T 2x ‘17, Cincy '07 & ‘21, Charlotte '08, Louisville '08, Charlottesville N2 '09, ‘16, & N2 ‘18, Deer Creek N2 '09, DM in Nashville '10, Atlanta '10 - '12, '14 - '16, & ‘18 -‘19, ‘23, Raleigh ‘18 and ‘21 - ‘22, Memphis ‘19 & ‘23.
    DaveHead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 04:54 AM   #3194
    chrisjuniper

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Or...every time the band sees someone without a mask on, they immediately go into Plastic Girl.
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 04:57 AM   #3195
    DaveHead77
    Saw LS teased 2x n 2wks

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    "And in music news, #1 on the College Charts this summer was Better Than Ezra. And at #2: Ezra."
    --Norm MacDonald
    Cool and interesting note in regards to Better Than Ezra; their lead singer is one of the main guys that puts on the Pilgrimage Festival every year outside of Nashville, which DMB is playing at this year obviously.
    Nashville '00, '04, ‘19, & ‘23, D&T 2x ‘17, Cincy '07 & ‘21, Charlotte '08, Louisville '08, Charlottesville N2 '09, ‘16, & N2 ‘18, Deer Creek N2 '09, DM in Nashville '10, Atlanta '10 - '12, '14 - '16, & ‘18 -‘19, ‘23, Raleigh ‘18 and ‘21 - ‘22, Memphis ‘19 & ‘23.
    DaveHead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 06:30 AM   #3196
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    because that wouldn't start fights with people who are wearing masks, right?
    TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 06:32 AM   #3197
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Cheers.

that's a lot of revenue $$$$ so that's not going to happen.

Why not wear those gimmick masks with the zipper so you have the mask on, but there's a hole where your mouth is that you unzip that part of the mask so you can eat and drink while having the mask still on?
    Old 05-08-2021, 07:27 AM   #3198
    stoga09

Shows Seen: 84

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post

that's a lot of revenue $$$$ so that's not going to happen.

Why not wear those gimmick masks with the zipper so you have the mask on, but there's a hole where your mouth is that you unzip that part of the mask so you can eat and drink while having the mask still on?
    It don't get no better than this
    stoga09 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 08:03 AM   #3199
    DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

I think what you are seeing in this thread is the buzz of securing tickets and planning what shows you are going to is wearing off and people are now picturing what it will be like to be in a venue of 20,000 people and looking around and seeing people not wearing masks.

Rest assured, when July/August rolls around you won't be thinking about this. Especially if you are vaccinated and believe in science.

And, no, Dave's not stopping the band because Section 3, Row F, Seat 23 isn't wearing a mask.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 08:06 AM   #3200
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBBeav View Post
    I think what you are seeing in this thread is the buzz of securing tickets and planning what shows you are going to is wearing off and people are now picturing what it will be like to be in a venue of 20,000 people and looking around and seeing people not wearing masks.

Rest assured, when July/August rolls around you won't be thinking about this. Especially if you are vaccinated and believe in science.

And, no, Dave's not stopping the band because Section 3, Row F, Seat 23 isn't wearing a mask.
    Dave's not stopping the band if the pit isn't wearing a mask.

He might do a "be kind to your neighbor, consider your safety measures during the show" speech in between songs for like 20 seconds of talking to the crowd, but that's all I see him doing.

Now the ushers, on the other hand, I have no idea if they're going to tell people to put their masks on. Who knows per what the venues rules and policies are?
    Old 05-08-2021, 08:51 AM   #3201
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

So much this. They're already predicting significant dropoffs by end of May and even more by Independence Day. By the time tour starts much of this will be in the rearview mirror for America.

One thing this administration has done is under promise and over deliver. They have intel we'll never know the reaches of. I don't think they would set goals that are unachievable and Biden sees the 4th as the threshold for hitting the big herd immunity it's because he access to info that tells it's going to happen.

Tour is still 2 months away. Think about where we were 2 months ago? Most of us thought a tour wouldn't happen this year and many wondered if they'd even be able to get a vaccine before the fall. A lot can change in 2 months.

Last edited by WidespreadMule3; 05-08-2021 at 08:52 AM.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 10:38 AM   #3202
    illinifan

My Tour Central Stats

If someone goes off on me because I'm not wearing a mask (and I won't be), I'll have some choice words for them. Unless the venue says I have to of course. Science says maskless outdoor venues contribute little if any threat to transmit COVID-19. So let's stop losing our minds people. Enjoy a show, breath some fresh air, and have a good time. If you disagree with this you can always stay home in your bubble life.
    Old 05-08-2021, 11:49 AM   #3203
    jcwalb2

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think what you are seeing in this thread is the buzz of securing tickets and planning what shows you are going to is wearing off and people are now picturing what it will be like to be in a venue of 20,000 people and looking around and seeing people not wearing masks.<br>
    <br>
    Rest assured, when July/August rolls around you won't be thinking about this. Especially if you are vaccinated and believe in science. <br>
    <br>
    I strongly agree with this. I’m not saying things can’t happen to change things (certainly they can) but if we tack even remotely close to the current trajectory, things will continue to improve. Vast majority are outdoor shows, and I think at this point (at least in most the country) you can get a vax if you want it. As I’m fortunate enough to be vaccinated, I don’t have any concern about an outdoor event. Two and half months ‘til the tour starts... that’s lots of time for more vaccination and more data to come in about what can be done safely. I’m not saying it is 100% going to happen, but surely more likely than not at this point. Why announce it at all (and go to all the trouble of planning) if you weren’t at least somewhat confident it would happen?
    jcwalb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #3204
    DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    If someone goes off on me because I'm not wearing a mask (and I won't be), I'll have some choice words for them. Unless the venue says I have to of course. Science says maskless outdoor venues contribute little if any threat to transmit COVID-19. So let's stop losing our minds people. Enjoy a show, breath some fresh air, and have a good time. If you disagree with this you can always stay home in your bubble life.
    Now will I see fights between masked and unmasked people?

This seems likely, doesn't it.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 12:10 PM   #3205
    illinifan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Now will I see fights between masked and unmasked people?

Unfortunately yes it does. And most of us are old asses now....and brittle lol.
    Old 05-08-2021, 12:25 PM   #3206
    jcwalb2

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    <div class="pre-quote">
    Quote de <strong>illinifan</strong>
    </div>

<div class="post-quote">
    <div style="font-style:italic">If someone goes off on me because I'm not wearing a mask (and I won't be), I'll have some choice words for them. Unless the venue says I have to of course. Science says maskless outdoor venues contribute little if any threat to transmit COVID-19. So let's stop losing our minds people. Enjoy a show, breath some fresh air, and have a good time. If you disagree with this you can always stay home in your bubble life.</div>
    </div>Now will I see fights between masked and unmasked people?<br>
    <br>
    ...<br>
    <br>
    I hope not. I hope people just follow the venue’s rules. And if you don’t work for the venue, don’t deputize yourself as the mask enforcer. My state has a mask mandate indoors, so I wear mine even though I’m vaccinated. But if I see someone not, I try to mind my own business. I don’t think me saying something to someone not wearing a mask would have a positive impact. There was a time in all this I thought positive social pressure was a good thing, but I am pretty sure I was wrong about that.
    jcwalb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 02:12 PM   #3207
    Vorony

Shows Seen: 58

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    Yeah no way in hell am I wearing a mask at my show in mid-August. I’m fully vaccinated as of last week. If others around me aren’t, that’s on them at that point. Plenty of availability in NY, so if you aren’t vaccinated by August, that means you don’t want to be. Open it up and let’s get back to normal.
    Vorony is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2021, 03:22 PM   #3208
    illinifan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
    Yeah no way in hell am I wearing a mask at my show in mid-August. I’m fully vaccinated as of last week. If others around me aren’t, that’s on them at that point. Plenty of availability in NY, so if you aren’t vaccinated by August, that means you don’t want to be. Open it up and let’s get back to normal.
    Absolutely agree.
    Old 05-09-2021, 03:04 PM   #3209
    greyson1289

My Tour Central Stats

Watching the final round of the Wells Fargo at Quail Hollow in NC (LFG Rory!)… and barely see any masks in the crowd.

Needless to say, NC shows. Can’t wait!
    greyson1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-10-2021, 03:22 AM   #3210
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

The Braves had close to 40k most maskless fans at the games this weekend. 95% or more of the tour will happen. I'd imagine mask rules loosen further by the time the shows happen. Ill bri g a mask to my shows to wear while entering if asked but after that ill be maskless.

My shows are in NC and GA so I highly doubt I run into a mask Karen but this a DMB show so ya never know