2020 Tour Rumors - Page 245 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-05-2021, 02:09 PM   #7321
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2020 Tour Rumors

Someone here on Ants pointed me toward Moon Taxi years ago. Love them now. I watched their album release stream the other night.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-05-2021, 02:28 PM   #7322
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    I've seen them 25 times. First time seeing them was in '08 at a small pizzeria with about 15 other people. For several years I was on a first-name basis with the band but lost touch over the years.

We live in Memphis. I run over to Nashville pretty often, especially pre-COVID. Nashville has better local artists and gets bigger names than Memphis does.

Ha wow a pizzeria to the Gorge, I didn't realize their music has changed that much over the years as you said.

Nice, one of my friends is an artist in Nashville and plays at City Winery, Ole Red and a bunch of others a lot if you're ever in the area and see the name pop up:

https://www.rosslivermore.com/home
    Old 02-05-2021, 02:29 PM   #7323
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

First time "seeing" Moon Taxi was standing in line at the Gorge Carvan waiting for the gates to open. The staff was so late getting them open that Moon Taxi played their entire set to an empty field.
    Old 02-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #7324
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Ha wow a pizzeria to the Gorge, I didn't realize their music has changed that much over the years as you said.

Nice, one of my friends is an artist in Nashville and plays at City Winery, Ole Red and a bunch of others a lot if you're ever in the area and see the name pop up:

https://www.rosslivermore.com/home
    If you can find a copy of their first album Melodica it's well worth a listen. It's really great, more rock and jam than anything they've done since. It's probably on YouTube or something. They took it off streaming close to a decade ago.

But they still put on a great show. Crazy to see how much they've grown.
    Old 02-05-2021, 06:23 PM   #7325
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    The Caverns is open with shows scheduled
    It's in a giant field outside The Caverns, not in The Caverns itself. It also has socially distanced "pods" in the field. Not an ideal setup at all for shows, and they are charging 2-3x normal face for these shows, just because it's COVID and reduced capacity. No thanks.
    Old 02-05-2021, 06:42 PM   #7326
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    It's in a giant field outside The Caverns, not in The Caverns itself. It also has socially distanced "pods" in the field. Not an ideal setup at all for shows, and they are charging 2-3x normal face for these shows, just because it's COVID and reduced capacity. No thanks.

Ooooohh well that changes things
    Old 02-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #7327
    ToySoldier#34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If you can find a copy of their first album Melodica it's well worth a listen. It's really great, more rock and jam than anything they've done since. It's probably on YouTube or something. They took it off streaming close to a decade ago.

But they still put on a great show. Crazy to see how much they've grown.

Nice I'll try to check out some of their older stuff for sure
    Old 02-05-2021, 08:03 PM   #7328
    Jake C

Shows Seen: 106

My Tour Central Stats

Red Rocks Update.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/re...cert-schedule/

- J
    Old 02-05-2021, 08:10 PM   #7329
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Hopefulness!
    Old 02-06-2021, 05:35 AM   #7330
    TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

To jump on the Moon Taxi and Caverns topic for a second, first thanks to everyone here for bringing them up because frankly I've never heard of them until yesterday here in this thread and I like their sound. If they ever come up to the northeast, I may have to check them out.

Regarding the setup for the Caverns, I'm looking at the front page of the site below and is this what is expected to come for this summer for smaller bands? I'm all for it to be perfectly honest and I'm all for the pods approach. I didn't know pods meant certain sections were roped off like the photo below, but if this is what it takes to even get smaller bands playing this year, as long as tickets are not too jacked up, I'm certainly game.

I wish we had Caverns in the New England area.

https://www.thecaverns.com/above-ground/moon-taxi
    Old 02-06-2021, 06:13 AM   #7331
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    To jump on the Moon Taxi and Caverns topic for a second, first thanks to everyone here for bringing them up because frankly I've never heard of them until yesterday here in this thread and I like their sound. If they ever come up to the northeast, I may have to check them out.

Regarding the setup for the Caverns, I'm looking at the front page of the site below and is this what is expected to come for this summer for smaller bands? I'm all for it to be perfectly honest and I'm all for the pods approach. I didn't know pods meant certain sections were roped off like the photo below, but if this is what it takes to even get smaller bands playing this year, as long as tickets are not too jacked up, I'm certainly game.

If I wanted to see a show at the Caverns, sitting in a pod in a field and paying 3x the price would not be at all interesting to me.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 02-06-2021, 06:42 AM   #7332
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This is likely what it'll be like to see bigger bands this summer. It's very likely we have club shows this summer with minimal, if any restrictions. Might could even have small theater shows. Some amphitheaters are potentially going to have shows where people spread out. It's just unlikely there will be large arena shows. It's honestly just too early to say
    Old 02-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #7333
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is likely what it'll be like to see bigger bands this summer. It's very likely we have club shows this summer with minimal, if any restrictions. Might could even have small theater shows. Some amphitheaters are potentially going to have shows where people spread out. It's just unlikely there will be large arena shows. It's honestly just too early to say
    Yes and I'd say outdoor shows and not indoor theater shows, at least for now.
    Old 02-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #7334
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Climate Pledge Arena thinks Fall 2021 shows:

https://twitter.com/ClimateArena/sta...67728662380546
    Old 02-06-2021, 09:52 AM   #7335
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Climate Pledge Arena thinks Fall 2021 shows:

https://twitter.com/ClimateArena/sta...67728662380546
    If that is the case, I really hope DMB do a fall arena tour if the summer shows can't happen. I will travel anywhere I have to to make sure I get to a DMB show in 2021!!!
    Old 02-06-2021, 02:28 PM   #7336
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Fall is already my favorite season of the year. Start bringing back concerts and fall 2021 could be the best season ever.

I interviewed with a local theater (that brings in national touring acts like Nine Inch Nails, Jackson Browne, etc., as well as Broadway plays, Hamilton came through in 2019) and they said they were still on tracking and planning to open fall 2021. Said most of the touring Broadway shows were already getting ready for that.
    Old 02-06-2021, 04:43 PM   #7337
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Indoor venues were always expected to be the very last to return.

I could see a timeline whereby Arenas & Theaters were able to open by Fall 2021. What I don't foresee, are arenas filled to capacity. I don't see DMB playing MSG to 15K+ during 2021.

I still tend to believe we're looking at 1 year from now, at a minimum, before social distancing measures can start to be minimized at indoor venues.

That's why the timing sucks. Outdoor venues could very well become viable by the last Quarter of 2021. But most places, it will be much too cold. Indoor venues pose a problem, solely due to the fact they're indoors, which have always shown a higher propensity for the virus to spread.
    Old 02-07-2021, 01:40 PM   #7338
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake C View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Hopefulness!
    Yeah sounds to me like they will do everything possible to have shows as long as it meets restrictions.
    Knowing some bands will cancel or postpone and others will go with the flow.
    Dmb Is kinda stuck rescheduling shows imo though because the tickets are already sold.
    I don’t see them needing or wanting the backlash of cancelling everyone’s tickets to then resell a limited number.
    Old 02-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #7339
    Jake C

Shows Seen: 106

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    Yeah sounds to me like they will do everything possible to have shows as long as it meets restrictions.
    Dmb Is kinda stuck rescheduling shows imo though because the tickets are already sold.
    I don’t see them needing or wanting the backlash of cancelling everyone’s tickets to then resell a limited number.
    Would think that Red Rocks the venue may be in similar circumstances. Most of the larger bands would have sold out shows in 2020. So if there is a restriction in place to a sold out show does a lottery take place? Or will they work with the bands find another/different way to reduce headcount.

- J
    Old 02-07-2021, 08:03 PM   #7340
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post

unless they say that those tickets will be honored in 2022, like they did last year saying we can keep them for this year. you're guaranteed your seat when full capacity is allowed, and then as a special circumstance, do a new lottery for 2021 due to limited capacity.
    Old 02-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #7341
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

DMB will wait longer than most to play again. They'll pull the "even though the local govt says its allowed, we just don't think its safe or responsible to put on an event with a large crowd in these still uncertain times. We're not comfortable with the lack of protocols in the areas allowing full capacity."
    Old 02-09-2021, 07:25 AM   #7342
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepr41 View Post
    DMB will wait longer than most to play again. They'll pull the "even though the local govt says its allowed, we just don't think its safe or responsible to put on an event with a large crowd in these still uncertain times. We're not comfortable with the lack of protocols in the areas allowing full capacity."
    Why?
    Old 02-09-2021, 07:42 AM   #7343
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mquerques92 View Post
    Why?
    I'm saying it based on how Dave always wants everyone to know he is the most concerned person on the planet about pretty much anything we could find to worry about. Now, it may be genuine, but that is neither here nor there. Either way, they will be way behind the rest of the artists in holding a show they know will attract thousands of people into close quarters.

I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.
    Old 02-09-2021, 08:19 AM   #7344
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/co...tion-tracking/

Monday, February 8th, 2021, 3:30 p.m. ET

Some inspiring news out of the Northeast today with a pair of announcements from New York City and Atlantic City, respectively. Officials in New York, including Mayor Bill de Blasio and the city’s Cultural Affairs Commissioner Gonzalo Casals, introduced the “Open Culture” program which will open up to 115 designated city streets in all five NYC boroughs for ticketed performing arts events.

This new program, which will begin allowing applications for permits on March 1st, will give performers the ability to reserve a city street for up to 12 hours for ticketed events. While indoor events are still not feasible in NYC, this new program will allow outdoor events to operate safely with locations determined by the New York City Department of Transportation.

“This plan and Open Culture is going to streamline the application process, allow arts groups, both for-profit and non-profit, to get easily obtainable permits to perform live on the streets of all five boroughs of New York City, democratizing the arts in a way that we’ve never experienced before in our city,” NYC Councilmember Jimmy Van Bramer also added during Monday’s press conference. “And they’re going to be able to ticket [through] online ticketing and charge for performances, which will allow a source of revenue to be had by cultural organizations and allow our artists to be paid.”

In other news, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy indicated that, if the state keeps up the pace of its vaccine distribution efforts, outdoor concerts on Atlantic City’s beach will likely be able to go on. Specifically, the state has a goal of reaching 70% vaccination by the start of summer.

As of February 8th, the state has administered 1,037,657 doses with 224,237 of those as second doses. At this rate, the state of New Jersey would like to vaccinate 4.7 million people before July 4th.

“Beach and [Atlantic City Air] Show higher probability than something indoors. I think something can happen indoors, but I don’t think it will be back to where we’re all piled on top of each other watching a concert,” Murphy said.
    Old 02-09-2021, 11:16 PM   #7345
    P.rickk73
    @patrickkalista

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I don’t think i posted in all of 2020. Can’t wait to see this band again and I miss so much the days of being on here and interacting with everyone. Cheers to hoping for any type of tour this year.
    Old 02-10-2021, 04:34 AM   #7346
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Very cool news out of NYC. Every major city should try it.
    Old 02-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #7347
    troll565

Shows Seen: 83

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo will allow stadiums and arenas to reopen on Feb. 23.

Any venue with a capacity of 10,000 or more can reopen at a 10% capacity limit, with attendees required to test negative for COVID-19 72 hours before the event."

I'm not sure how any venue/band/promoter makes money at 10%
    Old 02-10-2021, 10:29 AM   #7348
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by troll565 View Post
    "New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo will allow stadiums and arenas to reopen on Feb. 23.

Any venue with a capacity of 10,000 or more can reopen at a 10% capacity limit, with attendees required to test negative for COVID-19 72 hours before the event."

I'm not sure how any venue/band/promoter makes money at 10%

They dont...but it helps sporting events id assume.

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    Old 02-10-2021, 11:28 AM   #7349
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

10%?! HE CAN KISS 10% OF MY ASS!!! (Seinfeld reference)

It will slightly help sporting events. But concerts and other touring events can not operate at 10%, or even 50% capacity. Is it 2022 yet?
    Old 02-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #7350
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Can’t wait to be one of the 150 people trying to get tickets to Jones Beach
    Closed Thread