*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 9361 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #280801
MDPrompter
Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz085 View Post
I did, and it really didn’t inform me much because it was already material I knew.

Also, even outside of religion, is the notion that a woman who defers to a man is bad? In all of my dating, and with my girlfriend now who is far more liberal than myself, they preferred that I led, took initiative, and deferred to me for most decisions. Not sure why that’s a negative if it’s the preference of the woman.
Because you could have a woman making that decision based on her own beliefs for other women that don’t have the same preference...
MDPrompter is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-27-2020, 09:23 AM   #280802
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    No.

I honestly have read up on her enough to know what her views are, but people are going to tear her and anyone down because of the current climate.

Just curious if there is a unicorn judge out there that people would accept before November.
    Garland?
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:25 AM   #280803
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdmarvich View Post
    Because you could have a woman making that decision based on her own beliefs for other women that don’t have the same preference...
    You could apply this logic to nearly all political decisions. I know abortion is the big concern here. It’s never going anywhere, in my opinion, nor should it because it benefits both parties if you understand what it really signals other than cases of rape/health. But they’ll harp on that existential fear of women and it will likely work.
    gonz085 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #280804
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You could apply this logic to nearly all political decisions. I know abortion is the big concern here. It’s never going anywhere, in my opinion, nor should it because it benefits both parties if you understand what it really signals other than cases of rape/health. But they’ll harp on that existential fear of women and it will likely work.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    The Hill: GOP Texas lawmaker introduces bill that would allow death penalty for women who have abortions

Me: https://twitter.com/alicerhamilton/s...551005696?s=21

At least let them get ACB on the court before the forced-birth movement starts with this bullshit, please
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:31 AM   #280805
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

My Tour Central Stats

Texas also proposed a bill that would fine people $100 every time they masturbated just because goofy politicians propose dumb legislation doesn’t mean that it will automatically pass.
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #280806
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Texas also proposed a bill that would fine people $100 every time they masturbated just because goofy politicians propose dumb legislation doesn’t mean that it will automatically pass.
    So your view is nothing will ever change and no laws will ever pass so nothing matters?

Newsflash - states continue to pass laws criminalizing and restricting abortion. If you don’t think the right is hell bent on ending abortion, then we can be done with this exchange.
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #280807
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Can Bloomberg pay my fines for that?
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #280808
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So your view is nothing will ever change and no laws will ever pass so nothing matters?

Newsflash - states continue to pass laws criminalizing and restricting abortion. If you don’t think the right is hell bent on ending abortion, then we can be done with this exchange.
    I certainly believe those people exist, but what I’ve seen is many who were anti-abortion about 10 years ago now coming over to the “safe, legal, and rare” side of the coin.
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #280809
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

TS#s going to a concert of one of the most politically open bands/front men out there and getting annoyed that he talks politics in between songs

Last edited by Antiramie; 09-27-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #280810
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    TS#s going to a concert of one of the most politically open bands/front men out there and getting annoyed that he talks politics in between songs
    He would hate a Brian Jonestown Massacre show then. Would love to see their antics during these times.
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:44 AM   #280811
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I certainly believe those people exist, but what I’ve seen is many who were anti-abortion about 10 years ago now coming over to the “safe, legal, and rare” side of the coin.
    You either have your head in the sand or are cool with severely restricting abortion. Which is fine if it’s the latter...but then you’re just being disingenuous with the whole “don’t worry guys, nothing is going to change with abortion” schtick.

Didn’t one senator say ACB was the only person he’d vote to confirm bc of her strong anti abortion stance?
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #280812
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    No.

I honestly have read up on her enough to know what her views are, but people are going to tear her and anyone down because of the current climate.

Just curious if there is a unicorn judge out there that people would accept before November.
    Barry and Michelle
    Old 09-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #280813
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    How will I ever get out from this student debt now?
    Old 09-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #280814
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I did, and it really didn’t inform me much because it was already material I knew.

Also, even outside of religion, is the notion that a woman who defers to a man is bad? In all of my dating, and with my girlfriend now who is far more liberal than myself, they preferred that I led, took initiative, and deferred to me for most decisions. Not sure why that’s a negative if it’s the preference of the woman.
    I for one am shocked to learn this is what your relationships are like. Nothing in your posting history made it painfully obvious.
    Old 09-27-2020, 10:29 AM   #280815
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

A distinction needs to be made between your on-sleeve political "values" and your in-practice relationship values.

If people dont treat you the way you want to be treated, the relationship tends not to last very long.

When they do, a relationship can blossom. Regardless if they are vocally on a different side of political issue X than you.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Tiduwho; 09-27-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 10:58 AM   #280816
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Enlighten us
    I don’t want to put words in your mouth, you haven’t exactly stated what your issue is with her in this regard.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....

Last edited by Climb2safety; 09-27-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #280817
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

In the latest installment of how stupid do you think your supporters are, I give you Trump and his executive order protecting pre existing conditions.

And as always, his followers are stupider than you could ever imagine.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:09 PM   #280818
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Can't wait to see conservatives rejoice that Obamacare is repealed while simultaneously whining their healthcare premiums are increasing because the ACA was repealed.
    Old 09-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #280819
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

“The historic action I’m taking today includes the first-ever executive order to affirm it is the official policy of the United States government to protect patients with preexisting conditions,” Trump said, despite the fact such protections are already enshrined in law. “We’re making that official. We’re putting it down in a stamp, because our opponents, the Democrats, like to constantly talk about it.”

Old 09-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #280820
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    I don’t want to put words in your mouth, you haven’t exactly stated what your issue is with her in this regard.
    If it indeed is her belief, I’m concerned those religious beliefs will cloud her legal judgement....giving us the following:

Quote:
    Old 09-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #280821
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    “The historic action I’m taking today includes the first-ever executive order to affirm it is the official policy of the United States government to protect patients with preexisting conditions,” Trump said, despite the fact such protections are already enshrined in law. “We’re making that official. We’re putting it down in a stamp, because our opponents, the Democrats, like to constantly talk about it.”
    they're really foreshadowing the removal of those protections huh
    Old 09-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #280822
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

People of Praise, or Handmaid's Tale?

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #280823
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If it indeed is her belief, I’m concerned those religious beliefs will cloud her legal judgement....giving us the following:
    I’m not sure what cloud really means. That she’s stupid? Or brainwashed? Or is she’s inferior to men? Or is a blind follower?

There are 5 conservatives on the bench. I’m not saying they will all vote to overturn Roe but some will. I assume you share the same concerns with them.

And, she can’t just use her faith for a basis to vote a certain way. There are non faith based legal arguments against the federal governments ability to mandate the available abortion through law.

Last edited by Climb2safety; 09-27-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    Old 09-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #280824
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Supporting an organization that believes only men should be at the highest levels of leadership indicates a certain level of fanaticism IMO (akin to women not being able to drive or vote) that while is 100% ok as a personal choice for ones own life, should never be forced on others. I’m concerned that a person with that level of fanaticism will be unable to separate personal beliefs when making critical legal interpretations.
    Old 09-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #280825
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

And I’m not just talking about abortion...I’m talking about the last 50 years’ progress on equal rights for women.
    Old 09-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #280826
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Supporting an organization that believes only men should be at the highest levels of leadership indicates a certain level of fanaticism IMO (akin to women not being able to drive or vote) that while is 100% ok as a personal choice for ones own life, should never be forced on others. I’m concerned that a person with that level of fanaticism will be unable to separate personal beliefs when making critical legal interpretations.
    This is some of what I mentioned as a misconception

From your article

We have chosen to rely on male leadership at the highest level of our community based on our desire to be a family of families," Connolly said. "We follow the New Testament teaching that the husband is the head of the family, and we have patterned our community on this New Testament approach to family life."

Connolly added that women "take on a variety of leadership roles within People of Praise, including serving as heads of several of our schools and directing ministries within our community."

1. It’s a choice she thinks is is best for her and her family
    2. Women play a huge part including leadership positions
    3. I can almost assure you the male leadership isn’t a dictatorship nor are the women devalued. It’s simply part of their Christian identity and how they choose to publicly organize their families.
    4. Can you point to any reason it’s dangerous or is a harmful? 50% of families blow up and have nothing to do with this
    5. A women deferring to her husband in this way doesn’t necessarily diminish her power or make he any less of a person. This Amy Barrett is extremely accomplished as exhibit A.

Last edited by Climb2safety; 09-27-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    Old 09-27-2020, 12:48 PM   #280827
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    And I’m not just talking about abortion...I’m talking about the last 50 years’ progress on equal rights for women.
    This incredibly successful and accomplished women rising to the highest court in the land is going to take away from women’s progress??

Old 09-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #280828
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    I'm not knocking it, I think it's the right move, but joe biden is personally running like a 19th century presidential candidate.

Pandemic has been a big blessing for him to be able to sit at home and just not mess up as much.

Honestly it's what America needs though. Someone who isn't in the news every 2 seconds and being so fucking exhausting.
    Day after debate in Cleveland, Joe Biden will travel across eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania during a train tour Wednesday. He "will highlight how he will build our economy back better for working families, not the super wealthy and corporations."

https://twitter.com/darreldrowland/s...687223297?s=19

Ol' Joe is gonna be talkin' from the ol' caboose.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #280829
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is some of what I mentioned as a misconception

From your article

We have chosen to rely on male leadership at the highest level of our community based on our desire to be a family of families," Connolly said. "We follow the New Testament teaching that the husband is the head of the family, and we have patterned our community on this New Testament approach to family life."

Connolly added that women "take on a variety of leadership roles within People of Praise, including serving as heads of several of our schools and directing ministries within our community."

1. It’s a choice she thinks is is best for her and her family
    2. Women play a huge part including leadership positions
    3. I can almost assure you the male leadership isn’t a dictatorship nor are the women devalued. It’s simply part of their Christian identity and how they choose to publicly organize their families.
    4. Can you point to any reason it’s dangerous or is a harmful? 50% of families blow up and have nothing to do with this
    5. A women deferring to her husband in this way doesn’t necessarily diminish her power or make he any less of a person. This Amy Barrett is extremely accomplished as exhibit A.
    Why would it be dangerous or harmful to have someone on the SC that believes only males should be at the highest levels of leadership? Is that your question?
    Old 09-27-2020, 01:18 PM   #280830
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

My Tour Central Stats

The very fact that you keep mixing up a women deferring to her husband and only allowing males to lead an organization is a problem, climb.