DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g) - Page 21 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-12-2017, 05:24 AM   #601
chrisjuniper

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBlunts View Post
I have an AT-LP120...it's not a crazy awesome turntable but it's not in a suitcase either.

I have plenty of brand new vinyl and none of them do what that RSD RR set does.

The digifunk I am referring to is like jarbled audio, like tracking issues on a VHS.

As for the Reddit sub, just Google "dmb red rocks vinyl skipping" and it's the first thing on there I believe.

Besides, for whatever reason DMB has not had a glorious history for quality vinyl releases outside of the LT series. I will buy it tomorrow if I can, but I'll beware.
I'm on the same table, same problem. Probably just shell out for the debut this summer.
chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-12-2017, 05:27 AM   #602
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cami View Post
    I'm really indecisive to get this or not... no record player (yet) and the price (£200 shipped to the UK) make me want to skip it, but the book, being a limited edition and knowing that if I do decided to get it a later stage will be hard or more expensive make me want to get it!!
    I've had it in my cart 2 or 3 times... need to make a decision soon!!
    yeah I would say just do it. If you don't, you might regret it. Just in case.
    kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:29 AM   #603
    darkfwank

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
    yeah I would say just do it. If you don't, you might regret it. Just in case.
    I don't have a player yet either. I'm having trouble deciding which player I want. But I just jumped on the set. I had to have it.
    darkfwank is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:29 AM   #604
    mrussel1

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (18

Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkfwank View Post
    I'm thinking about building the same exact U-Turn. Special with 2m blue, acrylic platter, and the lever. I can't pull the trigger though. I don't know. I have a bunch of records with no player yet because I'm taking such a long time to decide what I want. I'm also thinking about getting a Rega P1. Dammit I really cannot decide. Only thing I know I want is the Blue 2M. I hear it blows the red away and that the red really isn't a good cartridge. I'll be deciding forever =)
    The red is a good cartridge. My understanding is the red and blue are fairly similar, with the real step up being bronze and black.
    mrussel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:33 AM   #605
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't have a player yet either. I'm having trouble deciding which player I want. But I just jumped on the set. I had to have it.
    Yeah I don't have one either. as i said before i was/am hoping for the download to come somehow so I don't have to burn it from the vinyl. Which I don't even know how to do, just that it can be done lol. But if you're as big a fan as me, you don't want to take the chance at not being able to get the music, so it's better that you just grab it. It's not much in the scheme of things.
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:33 AM   #606
    darkfwank

Shows Seen: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrussel1 View Post
    The red is a good cartridge. My understanding is the red and blue are fairly similar, with the real step up being bronze and black.
    Yeah I don't see myself getting the bronze or black anytime soon. Not without hitting the lottery. I think my wife would kill me.
    darkfwank is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:37 AM   #607
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm thinking about building the same exact U-Turn. Special with 2m blue, acrylic platter, and the lever. I can't pull the trigger though. I don't know. I have a bunch of records with no player yet because I'm taking such a long time to decide what I want. I'm also thinking about getting a Rega P1. Dammit I really cannot decide. Only thing I know I want is the Blue 2M. I hear it blows the red away and that the red really isn't a good cartridge. I'll be deciding forever =)

Very nice. My Goldring turntable is made by Rega, I've listened to the old P3-24, Rega P5, Rega RP6, definitely enjoy Rega's sound and the upgrade path is pretty easy too in terms of carts, etc.

There's a guy (Michael Lim) who makes lots of tweaks for Rega TTs too, I've ordered the feet from him and replaced the plastic spindle the belt goes around and upgraded to his silicone belt also - here's the belt - http://lpturntables.blogspot.ca/2011...able-belt.html - his site is kind of messy, but the products are great and well reviewed across several sites frequented by vinylheads.

There's also Frank who makes the Groovetracer platters and subplatters - http://groovetracer.com/acrylic%20_p...oovetracer.htm

Last edited by dobyblue; 07-12-2017 at 05:39 AM.
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:42 AM   #608
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    That response made it sound like they will come around and end up emailing it out after the fact, probably when the files go on sale.

Just amazing how they didn't think it was something that should've automatically came with it.

RLM/MT will never fully get it right.

I'm betting it's their attempt to curb piracy. Plenty of people only want the music so if you give away a digital version, it will be "shared" (read: stolen) instantly, and easily by anyone.

Of course, someone is going to rip the vinyl and put that up in the usual places, so it's going to get stolen anyway, but at least this way people have to put in a little work to get it digitized and then find it on sites. It's not much, but it's something I guess... maybe they'll delay the spread long enough to get the digital version up for sale before everyone already has it.

I highly doubt it just didn't occur to them that people would want a digital copy.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 07-12-2017 at 05:43 AM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #609
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I'm betting it's their attempt to curb piracy. Plenty of people only want the music so if you give away a digital version, it will be "shared" (read: stolen) instantly, and easily by anyone.

Of course, someone is going to rip the vinyl and put that up in the usual places, so it's going to get stolen anyway, but at least this way people have to put in a little work to get it digitized and then find it on sites. It's not much, but it's something I guess... maybe they'll delay the spread long enough to get the digital version up for sale before everyone already has it.

I highly doubt it just didn't occur to them that people would want a digital copy.

My guess is they'll release a download code to those who purchased a few weeks later, after they've all shipped, and then release a download link for purchase at/or around the same time.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 05:55 AM   #610
    Hilly

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by camptravisr View Post
    I emailed the WH asking if the vinyl comes with a digital download, since I am very interested in hearing the selections, but don't own a record player. I just received a response:

"Hello Travis,

At this time, the DMB Live 25 does not come with a download for digital content. We understand that this is something that members desire. We are looking into it and thank you for your patience and sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm."
    Classic Warehouse. Prompt and accurate responses to emailed inquiries!
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:19 AM   #611
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The red is good, standard, no-frills, entry-level cart. The 2M Blue is a step up, more detailed and handles IGD (inner groove distortion) much better than the Red. Both are pretty reliable trackers with good longevity. For someone just starting, either are a fine option. The Blue takes a bit to really "open up". Once I hit ~10 hours of playback, mine really blossomed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post

Hey Hilly, what's your extension at the Warehouse? I have a question
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:28 AM   #612
    mrussel1

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah I don't see myself getting the bronze or black anytime soon. Not without hitting the lottery. I think my wife would kill me.
    I hear ya there! I still haven't shared the price of this box set. Wait until she hears about how much Live Trax #1 runs on the aftermarket...

What's worse is Pearl Jam released its latest vault offering and a Mystery Poster sale on the same day as this. Expensive hobbies..
    mrussel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:34 AM   #613
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    One Call have an Open Box Rega Planar 2 right now for $500 shipped - https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01KVLHAS2/

Good seller, I've bought a few pieces of equipment from them over the years. If you call them up, you may find it's not even open box and they may sell you a brand new one for this price to beat other competitors.

They have the Planar 1 for $400. For an extra $100, I'd definitely move to the P2.
    Old 07-12-2017, 06:58 AM   #614
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I hear ya there! I still haven't shared the price of this box set. Wait until she hears about how much Live Trax #1 runs on the aftermarket...

What's worse is Pearl Jam released its latest vault offering and a Mystery Poster sale on the same day as this. Expensive hobbies..
    I hear ya, music is a very expensive hobby. especially when you're into multiple bands deeply enough to buy a lot of their material. luckily, my girlfriend (future wife) is super supportive of anything and everything, and since I don't spend my money on anything else but music, concerts, etc., and she knows how important it is to me, she will always encourage me to get things. like this box for instance, she knew i would regret it if i didn't get it. guess i'm a lucky guy.
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #615
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post

I agree that is probably the case. If theyre delaying sending it til they can put it up for sale thats fine, but they shouldve included it and just said it will be sent to purchasers at a later time, it shouldnt be something so ambiguous for what is a standard practice in the industry. Not that it takes more than a day to put some files up for sale on their website, so this is still kind of nonsensical.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.

Last edited by TheLastPig; 07-12-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #616
    kelchlsm

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

So we still haven't confirmed if this will be readily available for digitial/ cd
    kelchlsm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:11 AM   #617
    chrisjuniper

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

has anyone mentioned the possibility that they've planned all along to announce a cd/digital option when the vinyl goes on public sale today and that the pre-sale to WH members only of the vinyl was just a favor of sorts to Whers
    chrisjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:11 AM   #618
    blumathu

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kelchlsm View Post
    So we still haven't confirmed if this will be readily available for digitial/ cd
    If anything there is more evidence today that there will not be.

Nobody knows for sure though.
    blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:24 AM   #619
    kelchlsm

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
    If anything there is more evidence today that there will not be.

Nobody knows for sure though.
    What better way to celebrate the band's 25th anniversary with rare songs available only to 2500 people. Nice.
    kelchlsm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:27 AM   #620
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kelchlsm View Post
    What better way to celebrate the band's 25th anniversary with rare songs available only to 2500 people. Nice.
    That's not going to be case at all.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #621
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    That's not going to be case at all.
    I wish we knew for sure. leaves too much room for doubt.
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:46 AM   #622
    dmbnut21

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I know I'm just being a selfish A-hole here but... $175 is basically $7 a song. I almost feel like it should just be limited to the 2,500 available at that price. It's steep.

That being said, part of me wants to keep this as a collectors item unopened and get a digital download so I am torn.
    dmbnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #623
    moosicmaniac

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

For anyone who is talking about leaving it sealed, I have one question: Are you planning to sell it?

If you're not, I see zero value in not opening it. At least look at the thing you just dropped some cash on.
    moosicmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:54 AM   #624
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

A question for the non-vinyl folks currently upset at the prospect of no CD/download: would you be as upset if this was release for Black Friday Record Store Day and not made available through any online store? If it wasn't marked as a 25th anniversary and just a Record Store Day release, would people be this upset?
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:54 AM   #625
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moosicmaniac View Post
    For anyone who is talking about leaving it sealed, I have one question: Are you planning to sell it?

If you're not, I see zero value in not opening it. At least look at the thing you just dropped some cash on.
    Yeah I have no idea why people do that. If you want it for a collection thats fine... but to spend almost 200 on something you leave wrapped in plastic on your shelf seems so weird to me, like you said, at least open it.

Quote:
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:58 AM   #626
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    A question for the non-vinyl folks currently upset at the prospect of no CD/download: would you be as upset if this was release for Black Friday Record Store Day and not made available through any online store? If it wasn't marked as a 25th anniversary and just a Record Store Day release, would people be this upset?
    I wouldnt mind much, I would still be irritated that I couldnt get to hear the rare songs, but id be okay waiting for a rip of the vinyl to show up.

Im mostly bothered by the fact they are selling this as an anniversary celebration item with the extras and only making the package something that such a small portion of the fanbase would be willing to buy.

Ive been wanting them to release a collection of rare songs forever.

Quote:
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:59 AM   #627
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    this fucking kid.
    The point is wash the produce.
    socopithy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:59 AM   #628
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    people would have said something that unique, rare, special, that all hardcore fans could enjoy should have had a wide release. Then again don't a lot of RSD releases come with a download card? still people would have said that they should have saved the RSD day stuff for reissues.
    Old 07-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #629
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moosicmaniac View Post

Open it, keep the shrink wrap, keep it all in a poly-outer sleeve. It will stay in much better condition that if kept in the shrink wrap and will still look brand new with the shine from the outer sleeves
    Old 07-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #630
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Every RSD release has

1) come with a download
    2) been released later to the masses on the online store
    3) previously released material we already had.

I'm fine with a limited run of vinyl, I'm even fine with the extra stuff being exclusive to the vinyl. I'm not fine with no other option to buy the music being mentioned officially by management.