Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-04-2021, 06:27 AM   #1771
Tom Brady

Shows Seen: 41

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyson1289 View Post
More towards the tour (2021 in general) continuing after Mohegan.
That would be great hope you are right!
Tom Brady is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-04-2021, 08:45 AM   #1772
    Simm0nS

Shows Seen: 37

Appreciate everything you do for us Carson! You've proven yourself time and time again. Thank you!

2018 - Blossom, Camden N1, Camden N2, Cville N1 & N2
    Simm0nS is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #1773
    dmbongreyst

Shows Seen: 46

Carson, what do you mean by Stand Up Instrumental?
    Old 05-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #1774
    BzSlick3

Shows Seen: 9

Thanks for all of the insight and information Carson, it’s really appreciated!
    BzSlick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 09:55 AM   #1775
    DMBCardinal

Shows Seen: 11

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbongreyst View Post
    Carson, what do you mean by Stand Up Instrumental?
    The album without vocals.
    DMBCardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 10:02 AM   #1776
    Sniper15

Shows Seen: 103

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    People like greykitkat36 are why insiders are hesitant to share information in the first place.
    Everything Carson says is awesome and always true. Some people have a hard time separating the true insiders from the lying attention-seeking whores since douchebags like lilant420 were constantly claiming they had "inside info"" and spreading horseshit rumors for years on here with impunity until he was finally banned. Carson, everyone knows you're as legit as they come and your tidbits are very appreciated.
    Old 05-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #1777
    Moose Thompson
    F Them Kids

Shows Seen: 33

Definitely shocked to hear about a toxic person posting on thesedayscontinue.
    Moose Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 10:24 AM   #1778
    theflower

Shows Seen: 0

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carson31 View Post
    greykitkat36, I wanted to address your post here since you didn't want to say anything to me directly. I'll add your post from thesedayscontinue to this thread here, section by section, so everyone can see. I'll add my replies in bold:

greykitkat36: "That sounds like such bullshit I don’t even know where to begin. If you guys buy any of that, I’m sorry for you.
    It's basically just an assessment of where we're at, which you later seem to acknowledge. I haven't claimed to have heard the album, but I was asked to offer my thoughts so I did that on a message board.

Also, there’s pretty much nothing in there we didn’t already know/guess from putting together pieces of social media leaks.
    Exactly, and you're mostly right outside of the mentions of songs like Charlottesville and the Stand Up Instrumentals. But those two things are just bullshit, right?

Anyone who says “I’ll tell you guys later in the next edition..” is the biggest red flag, just tell us what you know douche
    I know right, what a douche I am... I wanted to hold off on one name temporarily and said I'd reveal that name either way. What a weird thing to cry about if you think my post is bullshit anyway.

don’t hang people on a string for your attention grab.
    I also addressed this, specifically stating that I sometimes don't post because I don't want the attention. And because you basically asked for this: If I want your attention, I'll have it whenever I want.

Odds are he doesn’t actually know anything which is why he’s saying that.

Would be a weird, completely inconsequential thing to hedge a bet on but ok.

For all we know, there is no album. Dave said him and members of the band worked on some tunes and did some recording, Jeff said in that interview he had literally no idea and wasn’t told anything about it.
    Perhaps this is true. Wouldn't change anything I said.

For all intents and purposes, the band was probably just messing around and working on ideas but this notion that it’s a full complete album is kind of hilarious. There’s no evidence to suggest that and knowing this band, it won’t see the light of day anyway. And, honestly if Batson and Alagia are involved again I’m really not interested. Come Tomorrow fucking blew and Batson is god awful."

This is fun for me because while simultaneously bashing me you're also leaving the door open for me to be right. 'Well, maybe that lying douche is right!' Greykitkat, probably.

I'm not sure what else to say, I thought I made it pretty clear that I really didn't know anything. Just assessing where we are and filling in a couple new details. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Most of that info was 'out there' and that was the point of rehashing from the start, I felt like I even specifically stated where the info was corroborated publicly? Nothing was really earth shattering. And It's not like I hid my post behind a pay wall, it's here for everyone to see and assess. I even invited anyone who knows better than I do to correct me... maybe I missed it but all I can hear are the crickets chirping.

I appreciate the people who stuck up for me. I'll find a way to reward you.

For those of you who like my posts, get ready for many many more of them. If you don't like my posts, pucker up, buttercup.

Love always,
    -carson

can't imagine what is up that person's ass but thank you, as always, for sharing. I really appreciate the information and insight you provide.
    theflower is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 11:26 AM   #1779
    Carson31

Shows Seen: 179

I appreciate the support. I'm not above being called out and I've even invited people to do as much, but it was a shitty way for him to go about it.

The Stand Up Instrumentals were mixed in October, 2005 but never released. Presumably they were created so that DMB could potentially license the music for TV & Movies, they may never have been intended for the public. It was mixed by a company called B Major Music and they seem to do mostly TV / Film related stuff. The album was 13 tracks, starting with Dreamgirl but ending with Joyride. No Bayou or Steady As We Go. It's a slightly different mix of the album too, not just a matter of the lyrics being removed. Personally I did find it to be a better listening experience than the album with lyrics.

Sniper, you had inquired about a WTWE music video and I'm yet to hear back from anyone who can confirm it. One person was able to look back at the band's day to day schedule in 2001 and couldn't find time set aside for a WTWE video shoot, something that likely would have been listed in the band's itinerary. I'll keep digging and see if anyone remembers anything.

Greyson's posts about a fall tour are very interesting. They seem confident and informed to me. Hopefully that bodes well for the album.
    Carson31 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 11:31 AM   #1780
    Dannyyankou

Shows Seen: 27

Quote:
    Yeah that was pretty obvious to me with them pushing the only 3 arena shows to the end of the tour lol. Also long extended break before those three shows, I can't imagine they'd come back from a 3 week break for just 3 shows.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 12:04 PM   #1781
    Jollymonkey

Shows Seen: 0

LOL. Greykitkat is one of the worst posters at TDC, a real clown. Dont pay attention to them.
    Jollymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 12:06 PM   #1782
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

Quote:
    People like greykitkat36 are why insiders are hesitant to share information in the first place.
    I wish I could share more about how true this is, but I’m sure Carson and Bruce and others could chime in.

Speaking for myself, of the stuff I am told I can share (album, tour rumors, etc), that’s just a drop in the bucket in regard to what we are told/info that gets shared with us.

On the other end of the spear, there have been a LOT of good source that we have also lost here.

So I know people like that may feel “cool” acting like an Internet badass, but it has also hurt the fan base because there’s so much info that could be shared that isn’t or hasn’t been
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #1783
    DMBCardinal

I appreciate all the insider info. You guys are awesome. I don't understand why the band is so secretive though.
    Old 05-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #1784
    Whiteyxc514

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBCardinal View Post
    I appreciate all the insider info. You guys are awesome. I don't understand why the band is so secretive though.
    I think things probably look a lot different if not for the Lillywhite Sessions.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 01:02 PM   #1785
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

The Batson sessions being leaked probably didn't bode well for us too.
    RSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #1786
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 31

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    I think things probably look a lot different if not for the Lillywhite Sessions.
    Which on one hand I get, but on the other hand exactly how did that work out badly for the band?

If Dave and the guys really hated the material, they could have never played any of it again or released it in any form. Instead, we've gotten most of tLWS/BS songs over the last two tours, including JTR & SUaD...I think KKJ and MM are the only tunes not played since 2018.

It seems like it's time to move on and just release the music. Let the fans hear and decide what they do and don't like. Then go out and play whatever the heck you feel like.

That said, they owe us nothing, I just want to hear everything I can from DMB, just like all of my other favorite bands/artists.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #1787
    Whiteyxc514

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    Which on one hand I get, but on the other hand exactly how did that work out badly for the band?

If Dave and the guys really hated the material, they could have never played any of it again or released it in any form. Instead, we've gotten most of tLWS/BS songs over the last two tours, including JTR & SUaD...I think KKJ and MM are the only tunes not played since 2018.

It seems like it's time to move on and just release the music. Let the fans hear and decide what they do and don't like. Then go out and play whatever the heck you feel like.

That said, they owe us nothing, I just want to hear everything I can from DMB, just like all of my other favorite bands/artists.
    Yeah, I agree with you. It's always odd to me how impersonal and secretive things are in comparison to some other bands, but I'm guessing the leaks have something to do with that.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 01:19 PM   #1788
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

I wonder if people who are supposed to know things months in advance have signed non-disclosure agreements with the band.
    Old 05-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #1789
    grilldanmo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
    I wonder if people who are supposed to know things months in advance have signed non-disclosure agreements with the band.
    I wonder why the band's namesake would enthusiastically tell us al about recording new music, literally state it would be coming "soon", and then say pretty much ZERO about it for going into a seventh month.

For a band that's all about the magic of the live performance, they seem to spend a lot of time trying to perfect studio material...and, sadly, a fair amount of time abandoning it.
    Old 05-04-2021, 01:31 PM   #1790
    ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 28

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    I wonder why the band's namesake would enthusiastically tell us al about recording new music, literally state it would be coming "soon", and then say pretty much ZERO about it for going into a seventh month.

For a band that's all about the magic of the live performance, they seem to spend a lot of time trying to perfect studio material...and, sadly, a fair amount of time abandoning it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzpU1at0hnw
    "Analytics have had a negative impact on the aesthetic and entertainment value of the game. We need to find a way to get more action in the game, allow players to show their athleticism" - Theo Epstein, 11/17/20
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 02:56 PM   #1791
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 29

Quote:
    And not only Mohegan Sun, but another arena show in Michigan three days prior on November 6.

The last show before that is October 16 in Oklahoma. It would odd for the band to play until October 16, take a three week break, then come back for just 3 random shows.
    Quote:
    Tried to edit but 5 minutes passed.

For all we know, those three arena shows could just be part of a separate "fall" tour and they just announced them now so that people could keep their tickets. Curious that the only three arena shows of the tour were moved all the way to the end.
    I like the way you think

Quote:
    Man, I hope this comes to fruition
    Cptn. Monkeyman is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 03:17 PM   #1792
    Dannyyankou

Just to add fuel to the fire, the weekend after Mohegan at MSG is open.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 04:45 PM   #1793
    grilldanmo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. I do, however, love this song...hooked me the first time we heard it. Great Gallows Pole-esque build w/ Dave's traditional lust driven lyrics. Not deep lyrically, but lots of fun with groove for days...even better live. Best w/ Pres Hall.
    Old 05-04-2021, 06:36 PM   #1794
    lukin23

Shows Seen: 132

Quote:
    In the interest of not being a Latte Larry I'm going to turn the page. But I'll still make good on my promise to post more often.

Switching back to the album let's hope we get some official news soon. I'm as eager as anyone else.

My guess is that they would likely re-record those tracks. They definitely used some older stuff on Come Tomorrow but I'm not aware that they had ever previously done that. I tend to think that if they thought the older cuts of Bismarck or Break Free were that great, they'd have been released. I think the older Batson stuff was included with Come Tomorrow because Dave always intended to get back to those songs. I'm not sure what else he intends to get back to.
    Oooh Bob Seger cover on the new album??
    lukin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #1795
    RSSR
    Nancies.org, always.

This morning, I thought today's the day we'd hear something official by the band. Damn it.
    Old 05-04-2021, 08:03 PM   #1796
    madpiker

Shows Seen: 102

Quote:
    Just to add fuel to the fire, the weekend after Mohegan at MSG is open.
    flights booked.

Gorge FAQ ---Gorge Roster/Flag list
    madpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2021, 11:20 PM   #1797
    seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    I love this song. It's funny cause I see DMB fans hating on it all the time, but then checking out the video you linked, all the comments are from people who weren't DMB fans that saw it on the Simpsons and loved it. They enjoyed it so much they immediately searched it out.

This comment really sealed the deal for me:

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” - Brenadan Behan
    Old 05-05-2021, 12:01 AM   #1798
    ElijahSoRight72

Shows Seen: 13

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post
    I love this song. It's funny cause I see DMB fans hating on it all the time, but then checking out the video you linked, all the comments are from people who weren't DMB fans that saw it on the Simpsons and loved it. They enjoyed it so much they immediately searched it out.

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” - Brenadan Behan
    That song was on The Simpsons? What episode?
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-05-2021, 12:11 AM   #1799
    DMBCardinal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanbrutus View Post

Never knew this was on the Simpsons. Nice to see it get some positive reactions.

I think the song is decent on the album, but it could have been much better. Add the whole band and the live breakdown and it could have been really good.
    Old 05-05-2021, 01:24 AM   #1800
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Quote:
    Sniper, you had inquired about a WTWE music video and I'm yet to hear back from anyone who can confirm it. One person was able to look back at the band's day to day schedule in 2001 and couldn't find time set aside for a WTWE video shoot, something that likely would have been listed in the band's itinerary. I'll keep digging and see if anyone remembers anything.

Just throwing this out there. The band doesn't really need to be in the video, right? It could be animated with cartoon like characters of the band. Or possibly a video with an actor or actress. Photos of the band members could be used, or unused video clips. I guess it would all depend on the type of video, if one was actually planned.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote