New WH GA PIT Policy... - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #61
dmbnut21

Shows Seen: 79

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New WH GA PIT Policy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
Ever since my first show, I dreamed of getting a Section B Row 1 ticket at the Gorge. I knew the only way was to work hard and make enough money to buy a front row ticket.

By the time I did, they switched over to PIT. So instead of 'Who wants to spend the most for front row', it turned into 'Who wants to sleep on the grass for 1-2 nights in front of a venue?'

To me, the PIT is unfair to begin with. Front row should go to those lucky enough to get a front row ticket through being a longtime WH member, or someone willing to pay the fee. The whole 'Who wants to waste two days of your life sleeping like a homeless person' is just ridiculous.

The PIT should be deleted forever, but it'll never happen.

Edit: sorry, went off on a rant. To your point, yes, showing up and waiting was fair, but I don't think it's wrong to give others an opportunity after having the same system in place for so many years. Plus, it's the same people who are railed year after year.. I think they can live with being 3 rows back for a few years while they try this system. Just my take
Ok, so I totally respect your opinion and perspective, however, your problem stems from the fact that most of your experiences are at the Gorge which is a giant shit show as respects to the Pit and the amount of (literally) sweaty try-hards willing to eat grass and sleep on rocks for 3 days to be rail.

At a more normal show with a much smaller pit and less crazy folk it really isn't like that. Houston for example has a pit that only has about 400 people in it. We usually drive in around 2:30/3 and get in line. We end up with about 15-20 people in front of us. Even by 6 there is only maybe 40-45 people waiting. I've honestly enjoyed my experiences. Everyone tends to be chill. People are sharing the shade and any beers available since you can't bring it in. The last 3 years we have walked in a single file line down to the pit and everyone has been pretty good about the whole thing.

Dallas, bigger pit and maybe 150 people are all lined up. Still a pretty nice crowd and of course some of the Houston folk to be repeats. Even in that experience 2 of the last 3 times we have all walked down single file and it's been cool. The 3rd time was 4 years ago and a bunch of people started running. Someone fell and hurt themselves trying to run. The last two times it has been security every 15 feet and they don't screw around anymore. They'll hold people back if they seem some causing issues and I think they really would remove you from the venue.

There is no perfect system and I get that. Personally, I like being the master of my own destiny and not having an opportunity to effect where I stand/sit kind of sucks. Ironically, I love gambling... but I prefer card games and things I have influence over like Hold'em. Pattern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
I would definitely rather front row go to someone willing to spend all day in line than to the highest bidder.
Completely this. We did buy Bama tickets once back in 2003 and it was a great experience all around, however, the best seats should go to real fans, not rich fans.
dmbnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #62
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

I mean, that this is something they do is common knowledge at this point, but they all left friday night's show during the encore break to get outside to be in line for N2
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2019, 09:40 AM   #63
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbnut21 View Post
    the best seats should go to real fans, not rich fans.

embarrassing really
    Old 05-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #64
    swordo84
    . .

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    I mean, that this is something they do is common knowledge at this point, but they all left friday night's show during the encore break to get outside to be in line for N2
    Embarrassing on many levels.
    swordo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #65
    dmbnut21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    That is just gross. Also, kind of sad. The area around the Gorge is really beautiful and there are a ton of fun things to do within a half hour of the place. It seems a shame to waste your whole day just sitting in a line.

I will say, Gorge pit will be a mess this year. Basically everyone with WH pit will actually show up 75 minutes early because almost everyone is already there and will actually get in line.

Semi-related - where did WH post this pit change? I can't find an email about it anywhere and I'm not seeing it posted on the website.
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #66
    eggsrsweet

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Last year in Toronto, I had pit and I got there about two hours before doors and the nutjob rail birds were there, of course. The rail birds were writing a number on each person's hand in order of when you arrived so that we would all go in single file. Of course, and this has happened at other pit shows I've been to, those wack ass people have their whole stupid entourage show up 15 minutes before doors and basically fuck over all the people behind them.

That said, I'm glad this is being implemented in an OFFICIAL manner rather than by a bunch of entitled psychos. Staying outside in the blistering heat for hours on end to smell Dave's farts is stupid.

Love being in the pit but man... have met some of the worst people I've ever encountered in my life in those things.
    eggsrsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:16 AM   #67
    Jordan#41

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by poshsta420 View Post
    Anyone else love the fact that they are doing this? Cause I do!

We look forward to seeing everyone this summer for an evening with Dave Matthews Band!

As a benefit of Warehouse membership, Warehouse ticket holders qualify for Warehouse First Entry at most venues this summer. To improve this opportunity for Warehouse ticket holders, we are initiating a new policy for Warehouse First Entry to participating venues for 2019.

Approximately 75 minutes prior to Doors, we will distribute sequentially numbered wristbands on a first come, first serve basis at the Warehouse gate to GA Pit ticket holders. We will cease wristband distribution 45 minutes prior to Doors, at which time a Warehouse staff member and a Warehouse member will select a random number. Warehouse members and their guests in possession of GA Pit numbered wristbands will then line up in numerical order starting with the random number chosen.

When Doors open, the line will be walked into the venue in single file in sequential order starting with the selected number all the way to the GA Pit. All guests with Warehouse GA Pit numbered wristbands must be in line 10 minutes prior to Doors or they forfeit their place in the line.

A separate line for First Entry for Warehouse Premium Package and Warehouse Reserved Seat and Lawn ticket holders will be set up next to the GA Pit entry line for members who do not have GA Pit tickets but still wish to enter the venue first.

LINING-UP BEFORE THE WRISTBAND DISTRIBUTION TIME WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
    OVERNIGHT LINES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.

Other important reminders:

Please plan for an 8:00pm start. There is no support act and Dave Matthews Band will not be able to delay the show for latecomers.
    Plan for traffic delays close to the venue. Carpooling is highly recommended. Visit the venue website for parking information.
    Patrons are encouraged to visit the venue website for information about permitted items. Many venues have implemented a clear bag policy.
    Visit the Warehouse Support Center for today’s event information.

Cheers!

Warehouse Crew OM0qhhv8Ahx7fk0sSAk_XA

Jordan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #68
    CrushB610

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I don't really care about being on the rail pretty much at all but for those that like to be closer this system seems much much better than the "crazies making their own rules with a sharpie" system.
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #69
    mposey34
    Learn To Swim

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

if the silly bastards want to waste a day sitting in line to be 5' in front of me, so be it.

I'll ease in 30 minutes before the show, grab a beer and stand at the back of the pit and be just fine
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #70
    swordo84
    . .

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eggsrsweet View Post
    Last year in Toronto, I had pit and I got there about two hours before doors and the nutjob rail birds were there, of course. The rail birds were writing a number on each person's hand in order of when you arrived so that we would all go in single file. Of course, and this has happened at other pit shows I've been to, those wack ass people have their whole stupid entourage show up 15 minutes before doors and basically fuck over all the people behind them.

How do 'regular' folk let this happen? Tell these entitled assholes to fuck off.

Last edited by swordo84; 05-01-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    swordo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #71
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eggsrsweet View Post

That said, I'm glad this is being implemented in an OFFICIAL manner rather than by a bunch of entitled psychos. Staying outside in the blistering heat for hours on end to smell Dave's farts is stupid.

Love being in the pit but man... have met some of the worst people I've ever encountered in my life in those things.
    And this is what makes them total hypocrites. They preach the "I earned my spot by waiting all day" thing but then sneak all their latecomer friends in. So let me get this straight, people NOT in your group behind you have to write a fucking number on their hand but if they're your friend they can just show up at the last minute and piggyback off of you? Fuck off.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #72
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mposey34 View Post
    if the silly bastards want to waste a day sitting in line to be 5' in front of me, so be it.

I'll ease in 30 minutes before the show, grab a beer and stand at the back of the pit and be just fine

This too. Every venue the rail psychos wait in line all day and run in when the doors open, they make up the first 4-5 rows and everyone else can take their time.

Got a pit upgrade last year at Deer Creek, that's one of the smallest pits on the tour. We walked in around 7:15-7:20, well over 2 hours after the doors opened and were about 6 rows deep, just slightly off center about halfway between Dave and Tim. Why you would waste your entire day for 5 or 10 feet is beyond my comprehension.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #73
    dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah I'm in the "fuck off" camp too, happy to see this change to get some more randomness to the PIT.

As for people trying to squeeze you on the rail, elbow to the nose typically takes care of those wankstains.
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #74
    joeyray34

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

i cant imagine as a grown up walking in a single file line like an elementary school kid on a field trip because i need to be on a "rail"
    joeyray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2019, 10:59 AM   #75
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeyray34 View Post
    i cant imagine as a grown up walking in a single file line like an elementary school kid on a field trip because i need to be on a "rail"
    "These tracks are side by side. Railbirds always ride single file, to hide their numbers."

Old 05-01-2019, 11:01 AM   #76
    joeyray34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    "These tracks are side by side. Railbirds always ride single file, to hide their numbers."
    ha the pit on tatooine is a tough one
    Old 05-01-2019, 11:13 AM   #77
    mposey34
    Learn To Swim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ha the pit on tatooine is a tough one
    You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    Old 05-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #78
    joeyray34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    works on both levels

most pits i have been in you walk in 20 minutes prior to the show and are within 15 feet of the stage. is an armrest that important?
    Old 05-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #79
    dmbnut21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    works on both levels

most pits i have been in you walk in 20 minutes prior to the show and are within 15 feet of the stage. is an armrest that important?
    Clearly a tall person
    Old 05-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #80
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    works on both levels

Armrest plus closest chance of getting a band member to glance in your general direction and say "HE WAS LOOKING AT ME! OMG! CARTER! CARTER! CAN I HAVE MY 15TH DRUMSTICK TO COMMEMORATE MY 100TH SHOW?!"

Old 05-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #81
    joeyray34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Clearly a tall person
    6'1 but tend to slouch. working on it though in my older age
    Old 05-01-2019, 11:47 AM   #82
    dmbnut21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    6'1 but tend to slouch. working on it though in my older age
    Don't slouch! Yeah, My fiancee and I are one of the few people mainly trying to get up there just because we can then actually see the show. Don't get me wrong, the arm rest is nice and having a little space in front of you in the pit is great. It does also increase your chances of getting a stick etc. I'm not discounting any of that.

However, for us, we are both short. Having the 6'1 guy in front of us basically means we can't see at all and will have to spend a majority of our evening bobbing/weaving our heads back and forth in the opposite direction of whatever you are doing so that we can see over your shoulder. With her being 5 foot even that may not even work. Especially in the pit since there is no real incline at least in the seats you gain a couple inches every row.
    Old 05-01-2019, 11:55 AM   #83
    joeyray34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Don't slouch! Yeah, My fiancee and I are one of the few people mainly trying to get up there just because we can then actually see the show. Don't get me wrong, the arm rest is nice and having a little space in front of you in the pit is great. It does also increase your chances of getting a stick etc. I'm not discounting any of that.

However, for us, we are both short. Having the 6'1 guy in front of us basically means we can't see at all and will have to spend a majority of our evening bobbing/weaving our heads back and forth in the opposite direction of whatever you are doing so that we can see over your shoulder. With her being 5 foot even that may not even work. Especially in the pit since there is no real incline at least in the seats you gain a couple inches every row.
    well if im ever in front of you ill gladly move
    Old 05-01-2019, 12:09 PM   #84
    dmbnut21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    well if im ever in front of you ill gladly move
    LOL, thanks man. Be careful, we are actually in TX too so it could happen.

I just wanted to point out that not everyone trying to get to the front is out there trying to crazy psycho stalk the band. Unfortunately, I think she and I might be in the minority as far as the early in crowd goes.
    Old 05-01-2019, 12:11 PM   #85
    mposey34
    Learn To Swim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    LOL, thanks man. Be careful, we are actually in TX too so it could happen.

I just wanted to point out that not everyone trying to get to the front is out there trying to crazy psycho stalk the band. Unfortunately, I think she and I might be in the minority as far as the early in crowd goes.
    my wife and I are both 5'6" so we will try to stand by y'all
    Old 05-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #86
    GoingToCA91

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Dallas in a couple weeks will be my first Pit show. I wasn't planning on being the type of person to show up at 9:00 AM and wait, so I'm glad this policy will give me a chance to be closer to the front than I might've been.

But I also go buy posters. Do I have to "walk in a single file line" to the Pit, or can I duck out, buy a poster, and go to the pit like a reasonable adult?
    GoingToCA91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-01-2019, 12:20 PM   #87
    YouNeverKnow25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GoingToCA91 View Post
    Dallas in a couple weeks will be my first Pit show. I wasn't planning on being the type of person to show up at 9:00 AM and wait, so I'm glad this policy will give me a chance to be closer to the front than I might've been.

But I also go buy posters. Do I have to "walk in a single file line" to the Pit, or can I duck out, buy a poster, and go to the pit like a reasonable adult?
    you don't have to walk in line at all, you just won't be in that first group that goes in
    Old 05-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #88
    mposey34
    Learn To Swim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

establish your spot, talk to your neighbors, tell them you're going to get a poster and drink and ask if they need anything
    Old 05-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #89
    dmbnut21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    my wife and I are both 5'6" so we will try to stand by y'all
    Solid. If WH really cared about me they would do it in height order instead of random drawing.*

*I would never ask for this. It is why I always liked the get there early, get up close deal. I know I'm short and I want to see so I go early. If you are tall then you can totally show up 20 minutes before the show and have no issue with a decent sight line. That being said, if you are tall and want to be front row, I respect that. I'm not going to ask you to move back and let me go first, that's bullshit. I made my choice to show up late and you made your choice to go early. Now though, it's going to suck because I can't really do anything if the random number goes against me.

Quote:

See below. I've never had any issue with doing this in the pit. 98% of the people around you will be cool. If you are more concerned about the poster then the pit though you can probably walk off and get the poster instead of your pit spot.

Quote:
    establish your spot, talk to your neighbors, tell them you're going to get a poster and drink and ask if they need anything
    Old 05-01-2019, 12:46 PM   #90
    snake911

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

They did this for Mexico this year, yeah? How did it work there? Overall it looks to me like the band is tired of seeing the same 20 entitled nutjobs standing in front of them most nights and are looking for some ways to shake that up. Some of those folks are downright terrifying, even with a barrier fence and a security guard between you and them.
    snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote