John Mayer - Page 154 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 05-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #4591
recentlyJTR41
Steal Your Braves
 
recentlyJTR41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Empire State of the South
Posts: 24,301

Shows Seen: 12

Re: John Mayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
Pretty sure he ripped that from Neon on one of the As/Is releases
"1-2-7-4"
__________________
"I've been to a lot of parties here in Atlanta, and I've uh been to a lot of big parties here, but I think this might be the biggest one I've been to in Atlanta" - DJM 9/8/07
recentlyJTR41 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #4592
    iMAC386
    BOOMER!
     
    iMAC386's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Posts: 8,946

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: John Mayer

    Anyone have any idea who's been opening for him this tour, if there is anyone? And what time he generally starts? I'm going to the London show the 12th and it says doors are at 6:30pm...wondering when the latest I can arrive is.
    iMAC386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #4593
    WidespreadMule3
     
    WidespreadMule3's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: With Waldo
    Posts: 8,546

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMAC386 View Post
    Anyone have any idea who's been opening for him this tour, if there is anyone? And what time he generally starts? I'm going to the London show the 12th and it says doors are at 6:30pm...wondering when the latest I can arrive is.
    If you go back a page or two there's a link to his FB where all the openers are listed.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Gonna be funny as fuck when we find out Caps & Iron Man's mom had the same name
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #4594
    iMAC386
    BOOMER!
     
    iMAC386's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Posts: 8,946

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: John Mayer

    That's a damn good show.
    iMAC386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:22 AM   #4595
    meatball41
     
    meatball41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Illinois
    Posts: 1,824

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: John Mayer

    Holy shit Rosie is funnnnnnnnnnky!! That song is fuckin jamming!! Completely obsessed with it right now. Sounds like it was straight off the Continuim sessions.
    __________________
    -Mark

    "Heng Dai, fuckin Wu"
    meatball41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 03:42 AM   #4596
    iMAC386
    BOOMER!
     
    iMAC386's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2003
    Posts: 8,946

    Shows Seen: 1

    Re: John Mayer

    Rose and Helpless both have a great Continuum/Heavier Things vibe.
    iMAC386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #4597
    CrashDMB237
     
    CrashDMB237's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 25,323

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: John Mayer

    Rosie is my top song on the album still after all these weeks of listening to it pretty regularly. The "Theme" has really grown on me, just a fun little tune. I still can't really get through Love on the Weekend, Roll it on Home or In The Blood most days, but I don't necessarily dislike them. There are just way better songs on the album.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #4598
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..
     
    aeroshady's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Location: NJ
    Posts: 9,921

    Shows Seen: 44
    Send a message via AIM to aeroshady

    Re: John Mayer

    John Mayer's list of ex-girlfriends is crazy. I didn't realize how extensive it is
    __________________
    ~Greg
    Henrik Lundqvist Award Winner 2016/17!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #4599
    WidespreadMule3
     
    WidespreadMule3's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: With Waldo
    Posts: 8,546

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    John Mayer's list of ex-girlfriends is crazy. I didn't realize how extensive it is
    And that's just the public list. You know that dude has slain some tang.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Gonna be funny as fuck when we find out Caps & Iron Man's mom had the same name
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #4600
    TheLastPig
     
    TheLastPig's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts: 23,850

    Shows Seen: 46

    Re: John Mayer

    link????
    __________________
    Take me home, country roads...
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #4601
    BTCS_JTR
     
    BTCS_JTR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pa
    Posts: 3,349

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: John Mayer

    I don't know how John is able to switch chords so easily in Neon. This is not an easy song.
    BTCS_JTR is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #4602
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 13,592

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR View Post
    I don't know how John is able to switch chords so easily in Neon. This is not an easy song.

    Freakishly massive hands, and very talented
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 12:36 AM   #4603
    recentlyJTR41
    Steal Your Braves
     
    recentlyJTR41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Empire State of the South
    Posts: 24,301

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Freakishly massive hands, and very talented
    Pretty much this. Dude is p tall. He's 6'3 or 6'4 I believe.
    __________________
    "I've been to a lot of parties here in Atlanta, and I've uh been to a lot of big parties here, but I think this might be the biggest one I've been to in Atlanta" - DJM 9/8/07
    recentlyJTR41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2017, 12:44 AM   #4604
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Houston, San Francisco, Baton Rouge - ???
    Posts: 35,073

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    Pretty much this. Dude is p tall. He's 6'3 or 6'4 I believe.
    Yeah. Big hands. But I'd put him at 6'0" - 6'2"

    He's taller than me (5'7") but not as tall as my dad (6'6").
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #4605
    CrashDMB237
     
    CrashDMB237's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 25,323

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    Yeah. Big hands. But I'd put him at 6'0" - 6'2"

    He's taller than me (5'7") but not as tall as my dad (6'6").
    I'm 6'5" and he was a tad bit shorter than me. I'd say 6'3" sounds right.

    Did anyone hear Chris Robinson on Howard Stern talking shit about John doing the Dead and Co. stuff? Said he's not an interesting guitar player and he's sucking the Grateful Dead teet to stay relevant and make money, or something along those lines. What a loser.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #4606
    CrashDMB237
     
    CrashDMB237's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 25,323

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: John Mayer

    Some actual quotes:

    https://www.jambase.com/article/chri...ard-stern-show

    Eric Clapton loves John Mayer, Billy Joel loves John Mayer, Bob Weir loves John Mayer… But Chris Robinson think he's uninteresting.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2017, 11:11 AM   #4607
    recentlyJTR41
    Steal Your Braves
     
    recentlyJTR41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Empire State of the South
    Posts: 24,301

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashDMB237 View Post
    Some actual quotes:

    https://www.jambase.com/article/chri...ard-stern-show

    Eric Clapton loves John Mayer, Billy Joel loves John Mayer, Bob Weir loves John Mayer… But Chris Robinson think he's uninteresting.
    We talked about this in the Dead thread but yeah this was v dumb of Chris Robinson.

    Mayer doesn't need a bunch of guys 25 years past their prime to stay relevant lmao

    Chris Robinson sounds pissed he's not touring with the Dead
    __________________
    "I've been to a lot of parties here in Atlanta, and I've uh been to a lot of big parties here, but I think this might be the biggest one I've been to in Atlanta" - DJM 9/8/07
    recentlyJTR41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #4608
    WidespreadMule3
     
    WidespreadMule3's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: With Waldo
    Posts: 8,546

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    We talked about this in the Dead thread but yeah this was v dumb of Chris Robinson.

    Mayer doesn't need a bunch of guys 25 years past their prime to stay relevant lmao

    Chris Robinson sounds pissed he's not touring with the Dead
    Chris Robinson is pissed he couldn't make the Black Crowes halfway popular again and his solo career can't even sellout bars.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Gonna be funny as fuck when we find out Caps & Iron Man's mom had the same name
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 12:34 PM   #4609
    CrashDMB237
     
    CrashDMB237's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 25,323

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
    Chris Robinson is pissed he couldn't make the Black Crowes halfway popular again and his solo career can't even sellout bars.
    One of the funniest parts of his Stern interview was when he said the shows he does now are the shows he always dreamed of doing. Singing with a bunch of nobodies at a county fair? I bet.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #4610
    currupt3d**
     
    currupt3d**'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: Scranton,PA
    Posts: 1,976

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: John Mayer

    Just gonna throw this in here

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtQD-2--66k
    currupt3d** is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2017, 03:19 PM   #4611
    WidespreadMule3
     
    WidespreadMule3's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: With Waldo
    Posts: 8,546

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashDMB237 View Post
    One of the funniest parts of his Stern interview was when he said the shows he does now are the shows he always dreamed of doing. Singing with a bunch of nobodies at a county fair? I bet.
    Ha I didn't know it was so hard to create mediocre music playing with nobody musicians in no name bars across the country.

    If that was the case, I could've been living the dream!
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Gonna be funny as fuck when we find out Caps & Iron Man's mom had the same name
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #4612
    meatball41
     
    meatball41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Illinois
    Posts: 1,824

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: John Mayer

    So I was watching the Where The Light Is DVD today for background and was singing along to In Your Atmosphere when all of the sudden it dawned on me that I had no idea what album that song was off of (forgive me, I'm not a JM junkie like I am a DMB or Pearl Jam junkie). So that sent me down a Google and YouTube rabbit hole for about an hour where there I of course discovered that it's an unreleased jem a la Granny, #40, ect. So then I was on YouTube looking for other performances and came across this version from back in 2013 and he's got some guy accompanying him on the sax and my goodness it is gorgeous! Totally hit me in the feels. I didn't do any back reading so my apologies if this has already been discussed but check it out if you aren't familiar with this performance.

    https://youtu.be/KLeREuZ4ND4
    __________________
    -Mark

    "Heng Dai, fuckin Wu"
    meatball41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2017, 11:21 PM   #4613
    DLCSBMMK
    No, baby, you're money
     
    DLCSBMMK's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 2,035

    Shows Seen: 4

    Re: John Mayer

    I was watching "The Break Up" the other night, and thought this was very interesting:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNoW3UWr_XQ

    The main theme is extremely similar to "You're Gonna Live Forever in Me" in places. The harmonizations and melodies are super close. lol.

    I wonder if this was intentional or not...
    DLCSBMMK is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-30-2017, 11:58 PM   #4614
    justink
     
    justink's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Location: Houston, San Francisco, Baton Rouge - ???
    Posts: 35,073

    Shows Seen: 49

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DLCSBMMK View Post
    I was watching "The Break Up" the other night, and thought this was very interesting:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNoW3UWr_XQ

    The main theme is extremely similar to "You're Gonna Live Forever in Me" in places. The harmonizations and melodies are super close. lol.

    I wonder if this was intentional or not...
    Well he did fuck Jennifer Aniston. So maybe he picked it up reminiscing
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2017, 12:21 AM   #4615
    DLCSBMMK
    No, baby, you're money
     
    DLCSBMMK's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 2,035

    Shows Seen: 4

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    Well he did fuck Jennifer Aniston. So maybe he picked it up reminiscing
    That's what I'm wondering. Haha.
    DLCSBMMK is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2017, 09:15 AM   #4616
    dontdrink36
    Till We Dance Away
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 17,252

    Shows Seen: 37

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meatball41 View Post
    So I was watching the Where The Light Is DVD today for background and was singing along to In Your Atmosphere when all of the sudden it dawned on me that I had no idea what album that song was off of (forgive me, I'm not a JM junkie like I am a DMB or Pearl Jam junkie). So that sent me down a Google and YouTube rabbit hole for about an hour where there I of course discovered that it's an unreleased jem a la Granny, #40, ect. So then I was on YouTube looking for other performances and came across this version from back in 2013 and he's got some guy accompanying him on the sax and my goodness it is gorgeous! Totally hit me in the feels. I didn't do any back reading so my apologies if this has already been discussed but check it out if you aren't familiar with this performance.

    https://youtu.be/KLeREuZ4ND4

    That was incredible, thanks for sharing!
    dontdrink36 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2017, 10:49 AM   #4617
    CrashDMB237
     
    CrashDMB237's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 25,323

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: John Mayer

    Never heard of MTV Live before, but they played all of Where The Light Is last night. Damn good live album/show.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-31-2017, 09:04 PM   #4618
    Useliteski
    shit blizzard
     
    Useliteski's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Colorado
    Posts: 7,824

    Shows Seen: 19

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DLCSBMMK View Post
    I was watching "The Break Up" the other night, and thought this was very interesting:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNoW3UWr_XQ

    The main theme is extremely similar to "You're Gonna Live Forever in Me" in places. The harmonizations and melodies are super close. lol.

    I wonder if this was intentional or not...
    whoa, that's too close to ignore. usually these kinds of things are subtle, however that is straight up the exact riff ...but instead played on guitar...
    Useliteski is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2017, 01:01 AM   #4619
    BAHHHTIWaC
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Posts: 1,989

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DLCSBMMK View Post
    I was watching "The Break Up" the other night, and thought this was very interesting:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNoW3UWr_XQ

    The main theme is extremely similar to "You're Gonna Live Forever in Me" in places. The harmonizations and melodies are super close. lol.

    I wonder if this was intentional or not...
    That is definitely crazy. Upon a quick search, it appears the guy who wrote that song and Mayer both played on "Roll over Beethoven" for Jerry Lee Lewis' Mean Old Man.
    BAHHHTIWaC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #4620
    DLCSBMMK
    No, baby, you're money
     
    DLCSBMMK's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 2,035

    Shows Seen: 4

    Re: John Mayer

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
    whoa, that's too close to ignore. usually these kinds of things are subtle, however that is straight up the exact riff ...but instead played on guitar...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BAHHHTIWaC View Post
    That is definitely crazy. Upon a quick search, it appears the guy who wrote that song and Mayer both played on "Roll over Beethoven" for Jerry Lee Lewis' Mean Old Man.
    I'm wanting to think JM is too calculated for it to be happenstance.
    DLCSBMMK is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter