***Official Camden 2018 Thread*** - Page 17 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-18-2018, 11:49 AM   #481
misschung

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Camden 2018 Thread***

I saw somewhere on FB that people totally mobbed Dave when he came out after the show. Seriously - still? And people wonder why he doesn't do that anymore.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #482
    misschung

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Meant to ask - what was it about Rashawn's trumpet that sounded different during this 41? The sound sounded a little wonky but I'm not familiar enough with the instrument to know.
    Old 06-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #483
    grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgj5012 View Post
    Can't believe people are actually complaining with that set. Given that it was a livestream, the set was really really good. Crush, 41, LIOG, BOWA, Ants, Don't Drink, Rapunzel. Don't know how you can be a DMB fan and say seeing all those songs makes for a bad set.
    FWIW, the show is currently #4 on the dmbalmanac rarity scale. It's not likely to stay there with SPAC, FG, WPB, and Gorge coming up, but right now it's in the top 25% for the tour.

DMB fans are like a lot of other jam band fans, making shows more about stats than the actual performances. So the SC and CoCo from Saturday could theoretically be the best performances of those songs ever, but they'll get downgraded because they played them the night before too.

Folks forget how spoiled they are regarding set diversity with this band. As we all know, the vast majority of bands perform the same set for an entire tour...maybe changing order or doing something different for a tune if they have a guest. We all want something spectacular at each show, but it can be an excellent show even if its the least "rare" show of a tour.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #484
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
    FWIW, the show is currently #4 on the dmbalmanac rarity scale. It's not likely to stay there with SPAC, FG, WPB, and Gorge coming up, but right now it's in the top 25% for the tour.

DMB fans are like a lot of other jam band fans, making shows more about stats than the actual performances. So the SC and CoCo from Saturday could theoretically be the best performances of those songs ever, but they'll get downgraded because they played them the night before too.

Folks forget how spoiled they are regarding set diversity with this band. As we all know, the vast majority of bands perform the same set for an entire tour...maybe changing order or doing something different for a tune if they have a guest. We all want something spectacular at each show, but it can be an excellent show even if its the least "rare" show of a tour.
    Rarity index is a decent general indicator of show strength, but it isn't infallible. Not to mention it doesn't hold nearly as much weight this tour with set diversity being horrid. The difference between 4 and 12 could be one song.

Last night was pretty bad. 7 CT songs plus Seven, Stand Up, Why I Am, and SAWG....so 11/21 songs I'm biding my time until a solid song comes along. Yea, hard pass on ever wanting to see a show like that.

Last edited by Antiramie; 06-18-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #485
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

a few of the Come Tomorrow songs are really solid though. I'm looking forward to (potentially) hearing AaA, COCO, She, and IOY next week at my show.

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #486
    Cptn. Monkeyman
    Shake those hands

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yeah I agree totally grilldanmo, it is being “spoiled”, plain and simple

Last edited by Cptn. Monkeyman; 06-18-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #487
    excitingjae

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Wait, was anyone in this thread touting this show as being good because of it's rarity #?
    Old 06-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #488
    tj_desantis

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by uofmcanes77 View Post
    Didn't see any posts of the set lists... anything added/deleted either night?
    There was a night 1 set list somewhere here (I believe in this thread) that showed Virginia in the Rain and What You Are were planned.

Edit: Here it is - https://antsmarching.org/forum/showt...a#post17156673

Last edited by tj_desantis; 06-18-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    tj_desantis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #489
    markk

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by culpn8r View Post

Thought N2 was better than N1. Would have loved to get WYA and Hello Again, but alas. I hate Stand Up, but actually really enjoyed it Saturday.
    This. I had a great time on Saturday. Friday was kind of a quiet crowd compared to Saturday and the lawn wasn't full. The setlist on Saturday was much better IMHO. I was glad to hear Stand Up and Steady As We Go as they were my last 2 songs from SU (and I like Steady). BOWA was the highlight of the weekend for me - only my 2nd time seeing that and much better than the 1st. Digging a Ditch was a nice surprise for the encore on Saturday. I'm hoping to hear Hello Again and WYA this weekend!
    markk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2018, 05:26 AM   #490
    uofmcanes77

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tj_desantis View Post
    There was a night 1 set list somewhere here (I believe in this thread) that showed Virginia in the Rain and What You Are were planned.

Edit: Here it is - https://antsmarching.org/forum/showt...a#post17156673
    Thank you! Not sure how I missed that after back reading on Saturday.
    uofmcanes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2018, 05:28 AM   #491
    excitingjae

My Tour Central Stats

How sparse was the lawn on Friday? I went to both shows at Camden in 2016 and felt that the Friday lawn was sparse back then.

I wonder if they will switch up venues in the area at some point.
    Old 06-19-2018, 06:27 AM   #492
    DMBBeav

Shows Seen: 62

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You are correct. Or take it this way - if people didn't set-watch and went into a 2 night stand like this 'blind' they would have had no problem with the sets.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2018, 06:27 AM   #493
    DMBBeav

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by excitingjae View Post
    How sparse was the lawn on Friday? I went to both shows at Camden in 2016 and felt that the Friday lawn was sparse back then.

I would guess they just bring it to one night. (see Hartford, Mansfield, Jones Beach). Maybe put Camden and Holmdel back to back.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2018, 07:19 AM   #494
    LaLaLaLaHey

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBBeav View Post
    You are correct. Or take it this way - if people didn't set-watch and went into a 2 night stand like this 'blind' they would have had no problem with the sets.

Hence why I am deciding to not Periscope any shows until mine at the Hollywood Bowl.
    Old 06-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #495
    CrushB610

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Now if you are actually attending each show and following them I'd understand it but this is the trick to making shows seem more fresh. It's fun to follow sets but I learned in 2016 not following the shows religiously makes things fresher. Since then I rarely follow any show that is within 7-10 days before my next show.
    Old 06-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #496
    Lch5027

Shows Seen: 42

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would guess they just bring it to one night. (see Hartford, Mansfield, Jones Beach). Maybe put Camden and Holmdel back to back.
    I thought they were going to do this after seeing the lawn so empty N1 in 2015 but it's continued to be a 2-night stand since then. We'll see what happens but N2 was certainly way more attended than N1 this year. It was drastically evident to me.

Lch5027 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #497
    excitingjae

My Tour Central Stats

It's one thing to complain about hearing too many of the same songs if you are attending more than a two night stand.

It another thing to complain about seeing too many songs on a setlist if you're sitting at home and not attending shows.
    Old 06-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #498
    YankeesDMB41
    King Tailgate I

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's one thing to complain about hearing too many of the same songs if you are attending more than a two night stand.

It another thing to complain about seeing too many songs on a setlist if you're sitting at home and not attending shows.
    Which is what EVERYONE on these fucking boards does.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    You're just as terrible a person as Toysoldier is.
    YankeesDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #499
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I’m positive I would’ve reacted the same way Saturday night even if I didn’t look at sets so far. The performances and song selections were that bad

As I’ve said - I couldn’t believe how bad that show was
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-19-2018, 10:59 PM   #500
    grilldanmo

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wait, was anyone in this thread touting this show as being good because of it's rarity #?
    No, mostly that it was bad. We enjoyed it at home and are not worried about what others thought...although it can be fun to discuss. I just brought up that right now it has a quality rarity rating on the almanac if that means anything to anyone. It doesn't mean anything to me.
    grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2018, 04:37 AM   #501
    adzack3441

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by misschung View Post
    Meant to ask - what was it about Rashawn's trumpet that sounded different during this 41? The sound sounded a little wonky but I'm not familiar enough with the instrument to know.
    Sounds like he ran his mic thru a way pedal. Definitely some sort of post effects.
    Old 06-21-2018, 05:32 AM   #502
    cpxc.

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I thought the lawn on N1 this year was fuller than lawn N1 in 2016.

2016 lawn N1 was a ghost town.
    Old 06-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #503
    lasalleb3

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cpxc. View Post
    I thought the lawn on N1 this year was fuller than lawn N1 in 2016.

2016 lawn N1 was a ghost town.
    Agreed, the lawn both nights was fine....it's been the same amount of people for years now. I doubt Camden loses it's 2nd night.
    lasalleb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #504
    onetwothree

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Has any ripped the audio of the webcast??
    onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #505
    Cobo

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiramie View Post
    Rarity index is a decent general indicator of show strength, but it isn't infallible. Not to mention it doesn't hold nearly as much weight this tour with set diversity being horrid. The difference between 4 and 12 could be one song.

Last night was pretty bad. 7 CT songs plus Seven, Stand Up, Why I Am, and SAWG....so 11/21 songs I'm biding my time until a solid song comes along. Yea, hard pass on ever wanting to see a show like that.
    I'm lucky I saw a good show on 6-6 (Pine Knob). Starting to look like we got away with one. 11/21 song choices at this show are absolutely brutal. It's why I only do one show per tour these days. You get a good one, you run with it. You get a bad one, well, see ya next year. As for the guy who posted below you... I'd have to kick my own ass if I ever went to a concert and was looking forward to getting a song like "She."
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #506
    talulapele
    not where but who

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cobo View Post
    I'm lucky I saw a good show on 6-6 (Pine Knob). Starting to look like we got away with one. 11/21 song choices at this show are absolutely brutal. It's why I only do one show per tour these days. You get a good one, you run with it. You get a bad one, well, see ya next year. As for the guy who posted below you... I'd have to kick my own ass if I ever went to a concert and was looking forward to getting a song like "She."
    I love this song. I've seen it live twice so far this tour and wouldn't be disappointed seeing it again... What don't you like about it? Have you seen it live yet?

Hershey 2001 2002 2004 2005 2006 2009
    | Merriweather 2004 2021 | Ford Pavilion 2005 | Blossom 2018 | Nissan/Jiffy Lube 2004 2005 2018 2019 2022| Virginia Beach 2018 | SPAC 2019 | Wash. DC 2018

ig/twitter: @jsolvey
    talulapele is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #507
    Gravedigger789

Shows Seen: 42

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by onetwothree View Post
    Has any ripped the audio of the webcast??
    Yeah watsonbriant+ ripped and repaired the stream and posted the download link in this thread and another:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by watsonbriant View Post
    Here's the full show separated by song for download: https://ufile.io/jvt16

Some notes about editing: Since I was at the mercy of the skipping during the first four songs, here's what was done...

Again and Again - Source was taken from the Facebook feed since there were no skips. No noticeable quality difference.
    One Sweet World - Shortened intro, no first verse, shortened breakdown and outro due to skips.
    Seven - Severely shortened due to skips.
    Do You Remember - Intro shortened due to skips.

Other than that, the show sounds great. Apologies for the first four songs, I did what I could.
    I will when I can
    Gravedigger789 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #508
    yellowtieman

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Was there no taper at this show?
    yellowtieman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #509
    tj_desantis

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yellowtieman View Post
    Was there no taper at this show?
    I’m aware of more than one.
    Old 06-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #510
    tj_desantis

My Tour Central Stats

***Official Camden 2018 Thread***

I should’ve added...

The Travitz 6/15 recording is on dreamingtree.

Last edited by tj_desantis; 06-21-2018 at 10:43 PM.