Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thread - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #61
greedylilpigg

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick997k View Post
I think where problems started was when they went to the pit/lower/upper/lawn tiered pricing. I think if they went back to just "lawn" and "reserved" with no pit it might solve some of the problems. (Live Nation will never go for this though). It would give long time members a better shot at decent to good seats, and gives newer members just a chance to get in the door.

The biggest reason I renew every year (14 year member) is just the hassle free method of getting tickets, I don't have to sit in front of my computer, hitting refresh and hoping the system's not bogged down too badly so I get a seat. But this is the first time I've been denied for half the shows I requested. I think Matt might be onto something with his comment about your "home" shows. I was denied for the three shows farthest from me (SPAC and Syracuse), and confirmed for the two closest (Camden and Bristow).

Does anyone know what percentage of tickets are allocated to the warehouse?
I don't know about the home shows thing. I live 60 miles from Alpine.

4 year member:
Requested:
Pit/Pavilion Alpine N1 N2
Floor/lower Moline
Pit/pavilion Deer Creek N2
GA N1(priority) N2 Greek

Got
N1 pit Alpine
Moline floor
Both nights Greek

Didn't get either Saturday concert within 5 hours from me.

Point is I don't think they're doing the 'home' thing. I think it's that people like to travel to see the band so A LOT of people put in for the Saturday shows at the more well liked venues. Alpine, SPAC et al.

I also think they try to give some good tickets to newer members, if they didn't why would anyone join or keep their membership now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
greedylilpigg is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-17-2016, 02:48 AM   #62
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

Shows Seen: 152

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 58 - This Warehouse Frightens Me (See I'm Leaving) - Discussion Thre

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    What if they did it like a sports draft? Something like this:

Each member can purchase up to say 10 total tickets throughout the tour. No more than 4 pit or lowers per show.

In tiers based on join date members log in to purchase seats. Each tier has 24 hours to login and purchase.

Day/pick 1 is for members from 98-00
    Day 2 01-03
    Day 3 04-06
    Day 4 07-09
    Day 5 10-12
    Day 6 13-15
    Day 7 new members
    Day 8 is a free for all for anyone who missed their day

It's a purchase not a request. The WH would allocate tickets in each price range for each day. It can be front loaded to a degree for senior members.

How would everyone like that?

I kinda like this
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 02:51 AM   #63
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    This is really something that they can't guarantee though. Say I'm a day 1 member. I get the best of the best seats every year (under the guise that they're telling the truth here) and therefor can't possibly get better seats every year. Now say I've only been a member since 2010. Now there's 12 years of members ahead of me who will get better seats than I will. Sure some years I'll get seats better than other years, but only because there's fewer requests in line ahead of me.

This post is really silly. You literally described how the system would work perfectly lol
    Quote:
    Old 02-17-2016, 03:33 AM   #64
    greedylilpigg

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    This post is really silly. You literally described how the system would work perfectly lol
    That's only a perfect system if new fans/fans who couldn't afford a membership earlier on don't matter. Tenure shouldn't be the only means by which the tickets are selected.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    greedylilpigg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 03:41 AM   #65
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

My Tour Central Stats

Right. I agree with that. They shouldn't matter. People that have been paying into a system since 98 with a policy that states "the longer you stay in the warehouse the better your tickets will be" should have better tickets. I don't care about new members to be honest.

I say that as a 2011 member that believes in giving people what they paid for
    Quote:
    Old 02-17-2016, 05:02 AM   #66
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    Right. I agree with that. They shouldn't matter. People that have been paying into a system since 98 with a policy that states "the longer you stay in the warehouse the better your tickets will be" should have better tickets. I don't care about new members to be honest.

I say that as a 2011 member that believes in giving people what they paid for
    Yeah by the policy, what has happened to most people the last few years, shouldn't be happening. Seats getting worse.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 05:22 AM   #67
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I think the 2010 method was perfect. New members have that chance of getting confirmed for GA Pit, which is awesome; but then when it comes to reserved seats, count all the reserved as one huge block (no Lower Reserved / Upper Reserved / Super-Duper Far Back reserved BS) and dole out seating assignments strictly by seniority.

Doesn't Pearl Jam do something kind of similar with venues that have all Reserved seating? Like, rows 1,2, and 5 are totally random selection but all the rest go by seniority in the Ten Club?

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 05:36 AM   #68
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    I think the 2010 method was perfect. New members have that chance of getting confirmed for GA Pit, which is awesome; but then when it comes to reserved seats, count all the reserved as one huge block (no Lower Reserved / Upper Reserved / Super-Duper Far Back reserved BS) and dole out seating assignments strictly by seniority.

Doesn't Pearl Jam do something kind of similar with venues that have all Reserved seating? Like, rows 1,2, and 5 are totally random selection but all the rest go by seniority in the Ten Club?
    While I don't like the pit, cause I would sometimes be in there when there were seats, I'd be ok with that model if it meant no tiered seating and no premium crap. It's like each year they've screwed over senior members more. First the pit, then added premium and then added tiered. Sadly there are some people who have been asking for all those for a long time. Cause the Warehouse did ask in a poll or something years ago if you'd be interested in spending more to get a shot at better seats and there were people who responded favorably to that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 06:28 AM   #69
    sparky3j

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

I have been to 52 shows since joining the Warehouse in 2002 I have requested tickets to 53 shows and not one time been declined, that includes 3 Dave in Tim shows (one i ended up not being able to go to) every year for the most part my seats got progressively better and now I am rarely not in the Pitt. if my memory serves me correctly its not happened 3 times. twice I got lower reserved and once preferred law on night 2 In Pittsburgh. I my self have had great success with the warehouse. I don't know if its because the venues i am going to each year or what. surly i am not the only one with good luck with the warehouse. I think the ones not getting seats are just being more vocal about it than the ones that are having the same experience that I am having.

Last edited by sparky3j; 02-17-2016 at 06:32 AM.
    sparky3j is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 06:37 AM   #70
    DontBurnThePike

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I called the Warehouse last week to dispute a my status of opting in for Lawn seats in Hartford and the Gorge. I never opt in for lawn, as you can now easily buy these, and I'm not looking to get stuck with reserved seats that I didn't select. I called customer service and spoke with a women for a while about how I was 100% sure that I never would have done this, and politely asked them to switch it. They even went as far as reading my request history for the last 4 years, and seeing that I never opted in for lawn, as long as that's been an option. I know they have their rules about switching requests after the fact, blah blah blah, but the woman was actually very rude telling me my only option was to re-sell. Anyways, a day later I try to log in to my account, and I get a notification that my email isn't in the database anymore. The crazy thing is, my credit card has been charged, AND an email was sent confirming my tickets, but since I can't log in, I can't check the status to see which tickets got approved and which did not. Could she have possibly deleted my ID from the database? Is this what I pay every year for? I've been trying to get them back on the phone for the last week but get the automated response that their closed. Not sure what to do with pre-sale going on sale today, and having no idea where my friends and I will be sitting for our shows. Sorry for the rant, but I figured this was the play to do it. Any suggestions?

Last edited by DontBurnThePike; 02-17-2016 at 06:40 AM.
    DontBurnThePike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 07:13 AM   #71
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

You don't opt in for lawn. You have to check a box to opt out of it. If you don't do that, you are automatically considered for it.
    Old 02-17-2016, 07:19 AM   #72
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sparky3j View Post
    I have been to 52 shows since joining the Warehouse in 2002 I have requested tickets to 53 shows and not one time been declined, that includes 3 Dave in Tim shows (one i ended up not being able to go to) every year for the most part my seats got progressively better and now I am rarely not in the Pitt. if my memory serves me correctly its not happened 3 times. twice I got lower reserved and once preferred law on night 2 In Pittsburgh. I my self have had great success with the warehouse. I don't know if its because the venues i am going to each year or what. surly i am not the only one with good luck with the warehouse. I think the ones not getting seats are just being more vocal about it than the ones that are having the same experience that I am having.

I do not understand. Who are you giving hummers to?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 07:22 AM   #73
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DontBurnThePike View Post
    I called the Warehouse last week to dispute a my status of opting in for Lawn seats in Hartford and the Gorge. I never opt in for lawn, as you can now easily buy these, and I'm not looking to get stuck with reserved seats that I didn't select. I called customer service and spoke with a women for a while about how I was 100% sure that I never would have done this, and politely asked them to switch it. They even went as far as reading my request history for the last 4 years, and seeing that I never opted in for lawn, as long as that's been an option. I know they have their rules about switching requests after the fact, blah blah blah, but the woman was actually very rude telling me my only option was to re-sell. Anyways, a day later I try to log in to my account, and I get a notification that my email isn't in the database anymore. The crazy thing is, my credit card has been charged, AND an email was sent confirming my tickets, but since I can't log in, I can't check the status to see which tickets got approved and which did not. Could she have possibly deleted my ID from the database? Is this what I pay every year for? I've been trying to get them back on the phone for the last week but get the automated response that their closed. Not sure what to do with pre-sale going on sale today, and having no idea where my friends and I will be sitting for our shows. Sorry for the rant, but I figured this was the play to do it. Any suggestions?
    What Matt said about lawn is correct, you check the box to opt OUT only.

Try emailing. But I would continue to call. Thats BS that you cant get in. When was the last time you renewed?

They seem spiteful over there so it wouldnt surprise me if they suspended your account or something.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 07:23 AM   #74
    DontBurnThePike

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    You don't opt in for lawn. You have to check a box to opt out of it. If you don't do that, you are automatically considered for it.
    I was claiming that I did opt out, as 4 out of 6 of my requests all had the opt out option as well as every request I had made in the past. I'm sure that I had this time as well, and was merely requesting to see if they could change my status. But that's beside the point. I'm just trying to figure out how to get back in my account.
    DontBurnThePike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2016, 07:31 AM   #75
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Ah gotcha. It was worded weird.

Yea, this isn't the first I've heard of people who opted out having it changed. Some caught it in time and changed it back. Others didn't. Since hearing about that, I've started screen shotting my request page with the box checked.