What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #121
rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k270 View Post
Because the title of the thread is What irritates you? Most of the stuff mentioned in here already could literally have no effect on peoples live, but it's stuff that irritates them. So they mentioned them, just like I did. I probably came off a little harsh in the first post, but it irritated me.
All true. The fact that it seemed to upset you so much is what stood out to me.

I think slow walkers piss me off the most. And, it seems whenever I'm in a hurry, there's one in front of me, right in the middle of the sidewalk, kind of meandering diagonally making a pass all but impossible.
rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #122
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post

I think slow walkers piss me off the most. And, it seems whenever I'm in a hurry, there's one in front of me, right in the middle of the sidewalk, kind of meandering diagonally making a pass all but impossible.

To add to that......people that stand still on the left side of an escalator. PISSES ME OFF!
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #123
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

people who are irritated that other things irritate other people. that irritates me.
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #124
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post
    To add to that......people that stand still on the left side of an escalator. PISSES ME OFF!
    I see this all the time at Union Station where people are running to try and catch a train and have to barrell over people who stand on the left. It's not a ride, people!
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #125
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

It actually does both. Some of the places I go around here only have two lanes of traffic. People stop in the red zone and wait for the passenger and nobody can get around them. You honk your horn and all you get is an arm out the window waving you by. How am I supposed to go around you when there's traffic coming at you in the opposite direction. Then it turns into pissing me off. Like I mentioned above with the Post Office and Grocery store, that irritates me. Plenty of open spaces, yet they're too lazy to park their car and walk 20 to thirty extra paces. Can't explain why it irritates me, but it does. It could be because I've seen plenty of people park in handicap spaces with out a placard and not get cited for it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #126
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Quote:

What's worse with the escalator thing is if I'm at a CTA Train Stop, here the L train coming from downstairs, and I'm running up the escalator to try and catch it, and two people are in the way who are sitting ducks...then I have to wait another 20 minutes for a train because of those dickheads.
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Both movies do have anal, though.
    AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #127
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It actually does both. Some of the places I go around here only have two lanes of traffic. People stop in the red zone and wait for the passenger and nobody can get around them. You honk your horn and all you get is an arm out the window waving you by. How am I supposed to go around you when there's traffic coming at you in the opposite direction. Then it turns into pissing me off. Like I mentioned above with the Post Office and Grocery store, that irritates me. Plenty of open spaces, yet they're too lazy to park their car and walk 20 to thirty extra paces. Can't explain why it irritates me, but it does. It could be because I've seen plenty of people park in handicap spaces with out a placard and not get cited for it.
    I'l do this occasionally, but only momentarily. Like if it's raining out and I go to the grocery stor with my mom I'll go pull the car up while she's checking out so when she's done she doesn't have to walk 1/4 mile (new car, she parks where it'd be physically impossible for anybody to hit her) in the rain. But that's only if it's raining AND I go with her. Very rare.
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #128
    haybale97
    king of men

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Agreed, I hate people who are so oblivious to their surroundings that they're blocking the way of other people.

Out With Gout
    haybale97 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #129
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haybale97 View Post
    Agreed, I hate people who are so oblivious to their surroundings that they're blocking the way of other people.
    I see this when I'm out on my bike. Riding on a paved trail off road. The trail is about as wide as a front of a compact car. People go up to jog, walk and ride their bike. When I'm about to pass someone I'll yell out "Coming up on your left" I get no response. I ring my bell and yell again. No response. So I say fuck it and just risk passing them. About 70% of the time they drift in front of me, I hit my brake and get a watch where your going. 99% of the time they have headphones on.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #130
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I see this all the time at Union Station where people are running to try and catch a train and have to barrell over people who stand on the left. It's not a ride, people!

Thats exactly where Im talking about too
    Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #131
    haybale97
    king of men

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I see this when I'm out on my bike. Riding on a paved trail off road. The trail is about as wide as a front of a compact car. People go up to jog, walk and ride their bike. When I'm about to pass someone I'll yell out "Coming up on your left" I get no response. I ring my bell and yell again. No response. So I say fuck it and just risk passing them. About 70% of the time they drift in front of me, I hit my brake and get a watch where your going. 99% of the time they have headphones on.
    I run a lot on streets and pavements and get the exact same thing. I see a couple walking side by side, coming towards me and I towards them. They see me coming and do nothing to make room so we could all share the side walk, thus forcing me into the road or onto the grass. Rude.

Also, this happened a lot at school, we have a 78 step, fairly steep set of stairs leading through some woods up to on campus dorms that can only fit two people walking side by side. I would be coming up the stairs, see two (always black(n/r)) people walking side by side, and do not make room so we can both use the stairs. instead, I'm forced off the steps halfway up,and mind you, it's rocky, steep and fairly dangerous. Again, RUDE.

Out With Gout
    Old 03-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #132
    Andrew4Bama
    Tub Rock

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Andrew4Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #133
    DMBcubs3641
    Season over.

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

People that are obnoxiously stingy with their money. Like to the point where they will collect every single quarter theyre owed.
    DMBcubs3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #134
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBcubs3641 View Post
    People that are obnoxiously stingy with their money. Like to the point where they will collect every single quarter theyre owed.

One of my friends is like that. He bought a concert ticket for me once, and it was $20.50. I meet up with him at the concert and give him a twenty and he goes "Oh, okay, cool. You can just buy me a beer or something for the rest".
    Old 03-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #135
    PleaseOrAppease
    Thank You Mr. Hood

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by haybale97 View Post
    I run a lot on streets and pavements and get the exact same thing. I see a couple walking side by side, coming towards me and I towards them. They see me coming and do nothing to make room so we could all share the side walk, thus forcing me into the road or onto the grass. Rude.

Also, this happened a lot at school, we have a 78 step, fairly steep set of stairs leading through some woods up to on campus dorms that can only fit two people walking side by side. I would be coming up the stairs, see two (always black(n/r)) people walking side by side, and do not make room so we can both use the stairs. instead, I'm forced off the steps halfway up,and mind you, it's rocky, steep and fairly dangerous. Again, RUDE.
    This pisses me off more than anything. I'll lower my shoulder and run right into someone if they don't share the sidewalk/stairs/pathway/whatever. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY TO THE RIGHT WHEN GOING UP/DOWN STAIRS IN AMERICA (left in england? lol crazy). I am a super fast walker and I walk a few miles every day going to and from class. It is not hard at all to move to the right side of the sidewalk/stairway when I am walking the opposite way on the right side of the sidewalk/stairway.

-When I say "excuse me," while trying to get past someone blocking the way and they just stand there and look at me. MOVE YOU LAZY FUCK
    -Voicemails
    -People who talk loudly in class when I am trying to learn
    -People that litter
    -People that I don't like at all who for some reason think I'm their buddy
    -Close talkers. If I can feel the air coming out of your mouth hitting me on the face when you speak you are WAY to close.
    -People who are too old to be driving that are still on the road. This is dangerous and extremely annoying.

I'm extremely irritable. I probably have pet peeves for every single thing I do on a daily basis. Marijuana is about the only thing that makes me chill out.
    Old 03-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #136
    Jimi Thing 10

Shows Seen: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laura22 View Post
    when people text throughout a meal with friends

it's so annoying when i tell a story to my friends at dinner, and then the 1 person that was texting throughout the whole thing goes, "wait.. what" as soon as i'm done
    People who walk in at the end of a conversation or story and ask what happened.
    Jimi Thing 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #137
    haybale97
    king of men

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PleaseOrAppease View Post
    This pisses me off more than anything. I'll lower my shoulder and run right into someone if they don't share the sidewalk/stairs/pathway/whatever. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY TO THE RIGHT WHEN GOING UP/DOWN STAIRS IN AMERICA (left in england? lol crazy). I am a super fast walker and I walk a few miles every day going to and from class. It is not hard at all to move to the right side of the sidewalk/stairway when I am walking the opposite way on the right side of the sidewalk/stairway.

-When I say "excuse me," while trying to get past someone blocking the way and they just stand there and look at me. MOVE YOU LAZY FUCK
    -Voicemails
    -People who talk loudly in class when I am trying to learn
    -People that litter
    -People that I don't like at all who for some reason think I'm their buddy
    -Close talkers. If I can feel the air coming out of your mouth hitting me on the face when you speak you are WAY to close.
    -People who are too old to be driving that are still on the road. This is dangerous and extremely annoying.

I'm extremely irritable. I probably have pet peeves for every single thing I do on a daily basis. Marijuana is about the only thing that makes me chill out.
    This also royally pisses me off. Most classes don't take attendance, so you don't HAVE to be there, don't talk and be disruptive when I'm trying to pay attention. Also, people who come into class 25-30 minutes late and make a lot of noise, again, disrupting the class and the professor.

Out With Gout
    Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #138
    Jimi Thing 10

Shows Seen: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    voicemails. My phone is capable of telling me you called, and it even knows what time it was. There is no use, Mom, in leaving me a voicemail saying "hey it's me. It's uhhhhhh 5:17. It's about quarter after 5, gimme a call back when you get this. Bye."

I hate seeing the little icon on my phone, and I hate checking my voicemail only to delete the recording.
    Jimi Thing 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #139
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

People who try to get on the elevator before everyone is off. Fucking idiots. I stiff shoulder the fuck out of people when they do that.
    Old 03-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #140
    NextMovement41
    BBQ BEER FREEDOM

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

People who disrupt class when im trying to get my education on blow
    Old 03-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #141
    patrick62181

Shows Seen: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Daylight savings
    patrick62181 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #142
    davidw.

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by patrick62181 View Post
    Daylight savings

What's even the point?
    davidw. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #143
    patrick62181

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidw. View Post
    What's even the point?
    There isn't one!
    patrick62181 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #144
    davidw.

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

extra hour of sleep> extra hour of light
    davidw. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #145
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    One of my friends is like that. He bought a concert ticket for me once, and it was $20.50. I meet up with him at the concert and give him a twenty and he goes "Oh, okay, cool. You can just buy me a beer or something for the rest".
    1st thing that came to mind is you opening a can of beer, and pouring about 1/4 of a glass. There.....theres your 50 cents worth of beer. haha
    Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #146
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBcubs3641 View Post
    This is really annoying. I also hate it when you go out in a group and then when you collect money at the end of the meal it always comes up short because someone's meal was $4.99 and they only put in $5. Fucking wastes.
    Old 03-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #147
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Throwing cigarette butts out of a car window.
    Old 03-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #148
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

When people don't tip delivery drivers. Or when they only tip with the change. Even before I started working for a delivery restaurant, I never tipped less than $1.
    Old 03-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #149
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    When people don't tip delivery drivers. Or when they only tip with the change. Even before I started working for a delivery restaurant, I never tipped less than $1.
    I think bad tipping falls under ridiculously stingy with money.

I agree though. If something is $12.50 and you give the driver $15, don't ask for change back.
    Old 03-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #150
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think bad tipping falls under ridiculously stingy with money.

I agree though. If something is $12.50 and you give the driver $13, don't ask for change back.
    Fixed for accuracy. Fucking cheap college students.