2020 Warehouse Release - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #31
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2020 Warehouse Release

I think the fact that it's late February, no one has their discs, no downloads have been made available, and yet there's been a fairly muted reaction to this delay...it says all you need to know about the selections for this WH disc.

People are just tired of getting 2018/2019 DMB shoved at us - it's one thing for them to release LTs, retail releases, etc from recent years to promote the modern version of the band. But doing that to your most loyal members who pay to belong to a fan club? Nah...there's clearly no real hype for this disc.

If the disc had stuff from the great eras of DMB ('95-'96, '98-'00, '04, etc) you'd be hearing a lot more complaints about the delay.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-20-2020, 12:44 PM   #32
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    I think the fact that it's late February, no one has their discs, no downloads have been made available, and yet there's been a fairly muted reaction to this delay...it says all you need to know about the selections for this WH disc.

People are just tired of getting 2018/2019 DMB shoved at us - it's one thing for them to release LTs, retail releases, etc from recent years to promote the modern version of the band. But doing that to your most loyal members who pay to belong to a fan club? Nah...there's clearly no real hype for this disc.

If the disc had stuff from the great eras of DMB ('95-'96, '98-'00, '04, etc) you'd be hearing a lot more complaints about the delay.
    This is all true, but its technically not delayed yet, right? I have no confidence that I'll get any part of the package before March 1st but like you said I dont really care. I'll get it eventually.
    Old 02-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #33
    desertdogesq

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I got my warehouse disc today. But I really want the version with Spoon from Colorado last year, because I was there last year.
    desertdogesq is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 05:09 PM   #34
    Markt23

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

That’s interesting. I’m a January renewal and did digital download and nothing yet.
    Markt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 05:14 PM   #35
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Didn’t they say digital download wasn’t available until June?
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 07:06 PM   #36
    Markt23

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Only the WH could figure out a way to put a disc out before a digital download.
    Markt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 07:08 PM   #37
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

How the fuck is the physical disc out before the digital? Warehouse
    Old 02-28-2020, 08:05 PM   #38
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Wow. Shocker there.....
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #39
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I have something on its way from Richmond, VA (label created), I’m guessing it’s the WH package.
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-29-2020, 06:45 AM   #40
    desertdogesq

My Tour Central Stats

Also came with bottle opener.
    Old 03-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #41
    DEMITRI

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Wait so I renewed in november does that mean I'm not getting mine till november 2020? If so thats fucking dumb
    DEMITRI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-01-2020, 01:25 PM   #42
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEMITRI View Post
    Wait so I renewed in november does that mean I'm not getting mine till november 2020? If so thats fucking dumb
    That is correct
    Old 03-01-2020, 01:34 PM   #43
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nope, December. It's a month after your renewed month.
    Old 03-02-2020, 08:48 PM   #44
    Lew Zealand

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Haha, whoever input the track listing into the Gracenote database misspelled JTR. It's listed as "Jtf".

Anyway, it's real dumb that whatever disc replication Musictoday uses is so hit and miss. My laptop won't recognize and import "Spoon".
    Old 03-03-2020, 06:06 AM   #45
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Wow! This performance of Mercy is REALLY terrific. Amazing what happens when you have a piano player beyond entry level skills playing on it.
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2020, 06:10 AM   #46
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Still can't believe the physical disc arrived before the digital release.
    Old 03-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #47
    imnothingman

Shows Seen: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    Wow! This performance of Mercy is REALLY terrific. Amazing what happens when you have a piano player beyond entry level skills playing on it.
    This is the only song I am looking forward listening to.

I really liked the way the song evolved during the 2016 tour. Check out the Columbus 8 July 2016 version. Amazing outro by Carter, he goes on and on and on.... just like at Spac some nights later.
    Old 03-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #48
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

1. Mercy. As soon as it got to the mid-song jam I looked up to see if it was the first play with Buddy. It is. Really cool because the song is way different with him on it, they added a full band jam to the middle. One reason I hated this song live for so long was because Dave's piano part repeated for what seemed like ages in the outro... so boring. This is a much different song now. It's only been played once in 2 years with Buddy (this show) so I'm glad they released it. Going against everything I've ever said about the song... I hope they play it again haha

2. Satellite. Not too big on this song anymore. This one has a really good mix, something I noticed ASAP. Nothing special here though, just comes right out of Mercy.

3. Minarets. Sounds like DMB is playing to 100 people with these small, quiet European crowds haha. Not a bad version, just not much here for me.

4. Virginia in the Rain. I was at this show in Charleston and absolutely loved this VITR. I am happy they kept the speech before the song about Dave running naked with his kids through the woods in the rain, because I think it'll make a lot of people laugh. When I saw they were releasing CMAC and not this show, I said "wow what a disservice to that VITR." Now it's out and it's just as great as I remember. A+. Glad they kept this one around and moved it to acoustic. It's a shame you can hear the crowd talking so loudly during the recording but you can't really do much about that (besides go play the song in Europe) ha.

5. Raven. I was at this show in Pensacola and didn't even recognize the song during the intro, I totally forgot they played it a few times with Buddy in 2018. Good performance and this song isn't played enough in my opinion. Dave's voice is kind of meh on the chorus on this one which is surprising since it was the first show of the tour. This was the worst sound (at the show) of any I saw in 2019 and I don't love our tapes from the crowd at all so I'm glad they put this highlight out.

6. Again And Again. Made it to this show too, which is an excellent venue. Not much here but I do think it's the best version of the song released so far because of the mix of Buddy and Stefan. Not any replay value I guess though.

7. Rooftop. Glad they brought the 2013-style Rooftop back with the extended bridge. Plus Buddy on vocals... I'll gladly take it at any show. Good version here.

8. JTR. Always love JTR and this is a good one. It isn't played nearly enough.

9. Kill the Preacher > Grace Is Gone. Grace is one of my favorite quieter tunes and this is a solid performance of it.

10. Spoon. Loved this version a lot from 2019 so I'm glad they put it out. What a shame that the Gorge didn't get the song.

Overall - this is much better than last year's Warehouse CD. I'd still like to see them do a mix of current and old stuff though. You could drop Again and Again, Satellite, and something else for some deep cut old songs from before 2019.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2020, 02:31 PM   #49
    SeeMoreDMB

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Will reiterate how fantastic the jam on this Mercy is, and really how tight the band is now overall. This version of Spoon is excellent as well. I was at SPAC so it's great to have the releases of JTR and GIG.

Overall a solid release of new DMB, imo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    SeeMoreDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2020, 05:46 PM   #50
    DEMITRI

My Tour Central Stats

Wait so.... I have to wait 9 months to hear this? lol is that a joke
    DEMITRI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #51
    SinclairWill
    Professional Lurker

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

January renewal and got my disc and keychain yesterday. Haven't listened to it yet, but thought I would post to let people know these are being sent out. I'll try and get artwork scanned tomorrow at work and post a link here.
    SinclairWill is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2020, 04:02 AM   #52
    BrettG19DMBFan

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    better than waiting over a year like it used to be because they were so far behind
    BrettG19DMBFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2020, 05:21 AM   #53
    desertdogesq

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone willing to sell a version with Spoon on it? This year’s version is way better than last year. As discussed above, Mercy is excellent along with Virginia in the Rain. But I did not get the version with the last three songs on it and since I was at the Colorado show with Spoon I really want that song.
    Old 03-04-2020, 05:26 AM   #54
    too69short

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by desertdogesq View Post
    Anyone willing to sell a version with Spoon on it? This year’s version is way better than last year. As discussed above, Mercy is excellent along with Virginia in the Rain. But I did not get the version with the last three songs on it and since I was at the Colorado show with Spoon I really want that song.
    I will have an extra copy next month if you're looking for a physical copy
    too69short is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2020, 05:44 AM   #55
    mposey34
    Learn To Swim

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    you get it when you renew your membership. how is that difficult to understand?
    Old 03-04-2020, 06:34 AM   #56
    BenGlaze

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    1. Mercy. As soon as it got to the mid-song jam I looked up to see if it was the first play with Buddy. It is. Really cool because the song is way different with him on it, they added a full band jam to the middle. One reason I hated this song live for so long was because Dave's piano part repeated for what seemed like ages in the outro... so boring. This is a much different song now. It's only been played once in 2 years with Buddy (this show) so I'm glad they released it. Going against everything I've ever said about the song... I hope they play it again haha

2. Satellite. Not too big on this song anymore. This one has a really good mix, something I noticed ASAP. Nothing special here though, just comes right out of Mercy.

3. Minarets. Sounds like DMB is playing to 100 people with these small, quiet European crowds haha. Not a bad version, just not much here for me.

4. Virginia in the Rain. I was at this show in Charleston and absolutely loved this VITR. I am happy they kept the speech before the song about Dave running naked with his kids through the woods in the rain, because I think it'll make a lot of people laugh. When I saw they were releasing CMAC and not this show, I said "wow what a disservice to that VITR." Now it's out and it's just as great as I remember. A+. Glad they kept this one around and moved it to acoustic. It's a shame you can hear the crowd talking so loudly during the recording but you can't really do much about that (besides go play the song in Europe) ha.

5. Raven. I was at this show in Pensacola and didn't even recognize the song during the intro, I totally forgot they played it a few times with Buddy in 2018. Good performance and this song isn't played enough in my opinion. Dave's voice is kind of meh on the chorus on this one which is surprising since it was the first show of the tour. This was the worst sound (at the show) of any I saw in 2019 and I don't love our tapes from the crowd at all so I'm glad they put this highlight out.

6. Again And Again. Made it to this show too, which is an excellent venue. Not much here but I do think it's the best version of the song released so far because of the mix of Buddy and Stefan. Not any replay value I guess though.

7. Rooftop. Glad they brought the 2013-style Rooftop back with the extended bridge. Plus Buddy on vocals... I'll gladly take it at any show. Good version here.

8. JTR. Always love JTR and this is a good one. It isn't played nearly enough.

9. Kill the Preacher > Grace Is Gone. Grace is one of my favorite quieter tunes and this is a solid performance of it.

10. Spoon. Loved this version a lot from 2019 so I'm glad they put it out. What a shame that the Gorge didn't get the song.

Overall - this is much better than last year's Warehouse CD. I'd still like to see them do a mix of current and old stuff though. You could drop Again and Again, Satellite, and something else for some deep cut old songs from before 2019.
    Great review. Can't wait to get it in the mail. Just hoping I get 10 instead of the wrong one again.
    BenGlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2020, 11:00 AM   #57
    kenticus

Shows Seen: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Cool that warehouse members are getting grace is gone with buddy - that’s sounded awesome on the webcast rips, almost feels like an allman brothers song what buddy and Tim bring to it. Will be curious to hear all these at some point...
    kenticus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2020, 05:33 PM   #58
    greywind13

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Only have the Warehouse 7 version, so still need to get my hands on those last three tracks, but was pleasantly surprised with the first seven. They picked a good selection to highlight what Buddy has brought to the group.

Mercy and Satellite: Mercy was surprisingly one of the highlights for me. Love what Buddy brings to this version and it flows right into Satellite, which is fine.

Minarets: Another one that's fine, not terribly different from the other recent releases but you get a bit more Timmy if that's your thing. Don't see myself going back to this.

VITR: This was the one song from the Charleston show I was disappointed didn't get played at CMAC/LT49 so very happy to see it show up on this release. It's very good and is definitely my favorite live version. Love how it's evolved and it's moved up pretty high up there on my CT rankings. As mentioned, you get a nice Dave story right before but unfortunately the crowd noise is a bit heavy.

Raven: Love Raven with the Buddy/Tim intro (please play this more in 2020) and this is solid, but I prefer Dave's vocals on the Rhino's Choice version.

Again and Again: Very good live version, but this is one of those songs where they won't be able to beat the studio version, so I don't see myself going back to this one.

Rooftop: This was a fun early set song last summer and another one that benefits from Buddy's presence, especially vocally. I had been listening to the Charlotte Sirius stream version, and previously LT29, and this one comparatively sounds a bit muffled. I'll probably stick with one of the other two versions.
    greywind13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2020, 06:23 PM   #59
    desertdogesq

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by too69short View Post
    I will have an extra copy next month if you're looking for a physical copy
    Thanks for the offer but somebody all ready hooked me up. Thanks Ants!
    Old 03-05-2020, 03:33 AM   #60
    saxman210

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Mercy is absolutely gorgeous. It’s so good that I made the jam part a ringtone. Words I never thought I would say but Mercy with Buddy is awesome and I hope it gets some play this summer.
    saxman210 is offline   Reply With Quote