I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat) - Page 17 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2022, 02:29 AM   #481
monizzle145
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,356

Shows Seen: 42

Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

If Pay For What You Get was not played tonight I think my 8 show full band run this year would've ended on a sad note. I went to

1. Hartford/Mansfield
2. Creekend
3. Alpine
4. SPAC

All that and I got no shogun

Then they played Shotgun in Holmdel when I was in the Midwest enjoying Chicago and Wisconsin on DMB-cation when I live in Connecticut 3 hours from Holmdel. Had I just went to Holmdel instead of Creekend and Alpine I would have seen my first shotgun.

What this situation is emblematic of is some of the biggest weekends in June/July all came and went without Shotgun being played at any of them when shotgun was played at less popular venues. If you decided to just show up to a southern stop or Holmdel you would've gotten something like Shotgun that wasn't played at the major venues. The 2022 tour will go down as a tour where random midweek and southern shows got songs that many major venues didn't get. In some ways that is great for people who only can hire a babysitter for the smaller local show but frustrating for fans like me who intentionally booked major venues in hopes of catching songs like Shotgun.
__________________
2022: Mansfield/Hartford, Creek X2, Alpine X2, SPAC X2, Sound on Sound, Wedding (New Wife Coming Soon)
Youtube: Concertvids34
https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-10-2022, 08:05 AM   #482
    prdstmnky36
     
    prdstmnky36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: VT
    Posts: 8,076

    Shows Seen: 78

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    If Pay For What You Get was not played tonight I think my 8 show full band run this year would've ended on a sad note. I went to

    1. Hartford/Mansfield
    2. Creekend
    3. Alpine
    4. SPAC

    All that and I got no shogun

    Then they played Shotgun in Holmdel when I was in the Midwest enjoying Chicago and Wisconsin on DMB-cation when I live in Connecticut 3 hours from Holmdel. Had I just went to Holmdel instead of Creekend and Alpine I would have seen my first shotgun.

    What this situation is emblematic of is some of the biggest weekends in June/July all came and went without Shotgun being played at any of them when shotgun was played at less popular venues. If you decided to just show up to a southern stop or Holmdel you would've gotten something like Shotgun that wasn't played at the major venues. The 2022 tour will go down as a tour where random midweek and southern shows got songs that many major venues didn't get. In some ways that is great for people who only can hire a babysitter for the smaller local show but frustrating for fans like me who intentionally booked major venues in hopes of catching songs like Shotgun.
    Chasing songs in 2022
    __________________
    John
    MY SHOWS

    SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 08:06 AM   #483
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 53,038

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    What's a shogun?
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 09:15 AM   #484
    Alpine416
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 960

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    What this situation is emblematic of is some of the biggest weekends in June/July all came and went without Shotgun being played at any of them when shotgun was played at less popular venues. If you decided to just show up to a southern stop or Holmdel you would've gotten something like Shotgun that wasn't played at the major venues. The 2022 tour will go down as a tour where random midweek and southern shows got songs that many major venues didn't get. In some ways that is great for people who only can hire a babysitter for the smaller local show but frustrating for fans like me who intentionally booked major venues in hopes of catching songs like Shotgun.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Don't complain about bad setlists in the south because they play better shows in the north might not be great for people in the south
    Remember the southern shows didn't get any good sets though...
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    I mean i just laugh at most of the dumb ones and move on (there are some longtime haters that have become a self parody at this point).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Alpine and I now best friends
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 09:23 AM   #485
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 53,038

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Literally obsessed with me
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 09:30 AM   #486
    prdstmnky36
     
    prdstmnky36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: VT
    Posts: 8,076

    Shows Seen: 78

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Literally obsessed with me
    It’s pretty fucking weird at this point
    __________________
    John
    MY SHOWS

    SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 09:31 AM   #487
    kmbean
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 131

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    Chasing songs in 2022
    Traveling this much to see 2022 DMB lol.
    kmbean is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 09:46 AM   #488
    Alpine416
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 960

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Literally obsessed with me
    No more than all your thinly veiled responses to most of my posts. "I am not talking about your specifically or directing my post at anyone in particular" in obvious replies to stuff I've said in a thread

    Also you have one person replying to your posts. I have a whole horde of yall that follow me around to try to team up and jump on anything I say.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    I mean i just laugh at most of the dumb ones and move on (there are some longtime haters that have become a self parody at this point).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Alpine and I now best friends
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 10:36 AM   #489
    nyr201
     
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Posts: 27

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    If Pay For What You Get was not played tonight I think my 8 show full band run this year would've ended on a sad note. I went to

    1. Hartford/Mansfield
    2. Creekend
    3. Alpine
    4. SPAC

    All that and I got no shogun

    Then they played Shotgun in Holmdel when I was in the Midwest enjoying Chicago and Wisconsin on DMB-cation when I live in Connecticut 3 hours from Holmdel. Had I just went to Holmdel instead of Creekend and Alpine I would have seen my first shotgun.

    What this situation is emblematic of is some of the biggest weekends in June/July all came and went without Shotgun being played at any of them when shotgun was played at less popular venues. If you decided to just show up to a southern stop or Holmdel you would've gotten something like Shotgun that wasn't played at the major venues. The 2022 tour will go down as a tour where random midweek and southern shows got songs that many major venues didn't get. In some ways that is great for people who only can hire a babysitter for the smaller local show but frustrating for fans like me who intentionally booked major venues in hopes of catching songs like Shotgun.
    At the risk of sounding rude, get over yourself. The band treating "small" midweek shows to quality song selections is a great thing.
    nyr201 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 10:41 AM   #490
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 53,038

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Literally obsessed with me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    It’s pretty fucking weird at this point

    Yep very odd

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alpine416 View Post
    No more than all your thinly veiled responses to most of my posts. "I am not talking about your specifically or directing my post at anyone in particular" in obvious replies to stuff I've said in a thread

    Also you have one person replying to your posts. I have a whole horde of yall that follow me around to try to team up and jump on anything I say.
    And you know why one person is replying to my posts?
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 10:45 AM   #491
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 817

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alpine416 View Post
    No more than all your thinly veiled responses to most of my posts. "I am not talking about your specifically or directing my post at anyone in particular" in obvious replies to stuff I've said in a thread

    Also you have one person replying to your posts. I have a whole horde of yall that follow me around to try to team up and jump on anything I say.
    Probably because your posts are generally that of a doosh bag.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 11:50 AM   #492
    OutofDarkness
     
    OutofDarkness's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2021
    Posts: 544

    Shows Seen: 8

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    If Pay For What You Get was not played tonight I think my 8 show full band run this year would've ended on a sad note. I went to

    1. Hartford/Mansfield
    2. Creekend
    3. Alpine
    4. SPAC

    All that and I got no shogun

    Then they played Shotgun in Holmdel when I was in the Midwest enjoying Chicago and Wisconsin on DMB-cation when I live in Connecticut 3 hours from Holmdel. Had I just went to Holmdel instead of Creekend and Alpine I would have seen my first shotgun.

    What this situation is emblematic of is some of the biggest weekends in June/July all came and went without Shotgun being played at any of them when shotgun was played at less popular venues. If you decided to just show up to a southern stop or Holmdel you would've gotten something like Shotgun that wasn't played at the major venues. The 2022 tour will go down as a tour where random midweek and southern shows got songs that many major venues didn't get. In some ways that is great for people who only can hire a babysitter for the smaller local show but frustrating for fans like me who intentionally booked major venues in hopes of catching songs like Shotgun.
    I get the frustration of missing that one song, but doesn't this just show that DMB is doing the right thing by varying their setlists and spreading the wealth around? Folks complain when SPAC, Alpine, and whatever other "destination venue" doesn't get all the great deep cuts, but what do you want here? All the deep cuts loaded into SPAC while the random midweek shows get nothing but generic sets for the casuals?

    Yes, traveling to a destination venue means sinking a lot more time and money into things than just hitting your local show. And, naturally, as a result you'll be extra disappointed if that show doesn't have your ideal set. But traveling to a show doesn't guarantee a great setlist, and it never has. Buyer beware: you know whenever you buy a ticket that you're gambling on a good setlist. The band promised a full-length show, and they delivered; they never promised to play your favorite song.

    I'm not trying to pile on here. Like I said, I know it's frustrating to miss songs you've been chasing. I've missed Say Goodbye (top 5) and LIOG (top 10) multiple times due to scheduling conflicts. But I don't think it's fair to tar this entire tour because Shotgun appeared at Holmdel but not SPAC. That's just how it goes sometimes.
    OutofDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 11:55 AM   #493
    Tomacco
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Location: Toronto
    Posts: 758

    Shows Seen: 128

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OutofDarkness View Post
    I get the frustration of missing that one song, but doesn't this just show that DMB is doing the right thing by varying their setlists and spreading the wealth around? Folks complain when SPAC, Alpine, and whatever other "destination venue" doesn't get all the great deep cuts, but what do you want here? All the deep cuts loaded into SPAC while the random midweek shows get nothing but generic sets for the casuals?

    Yes, traveling to a destination venue means sinking a lot more time and money into things than just hitting your local show. And, naturally, as a result you'll be extra disappointed if that show doesn't have your ideal set. But traveling to a show doesn't guarantee a great setlist, and it never has. Buyer beware: you know whenever you buy a ticket that you're gambling on a good setlist. The band promised a full-length show, and they delivered; they never promised to play your favorite song.

    I'm not trying to pile on here. Like I said, I know it's frustrating to miss songs you've been chasing. I've missed Say Goodbye (top 5) and LIOG (top 10) multiple times due to scheduling conflicts. But I don't think it's fair to tar this entire tour because Shotgun appeared at Holmdel but not SPAC. That's just how it goes sometimes.
    Agreed. Also… come on. This person got Dreaming Tree, Stone, PFWYG, Bartender, Minarets, Recently, LIOG, Crush, DIDO, GIG, STJL, So Right, Two Step, Fool in the Rain, and Halloween - among many highlights. Not good enough?
    __________________
    Without hatred, where's the light?
    Without the darkness, where's the love?
    I see it now.

    Last edited by Tomacco; 07-10-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 12:45 PM   #494
    monizzle145
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 1,356

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nyr201 View Post
    At the risk of sounding rude, get over yourself. The band treating "small" midweek shows to quality song selections is a great thing.
    Where did I say that was a bad thing my point is that is a good thing lol
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield/Hartford, Creek X2, Alpine X2, SPAC X2, Sound on Sound, Wedding (New Wife Coming Soon)
    Youtube: Concertvids34
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 12:48 PM   #495
    monizzle145
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 1,356

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OutofDarkness View Post
    I get the frustration of missing that one song, but doesn't this just show that DMB is doing the right thing by varying their setlists and spreading the wealth around? Folks complain when SPAC, Alpine, and whatever other "destination venue" doesn't get all the great deep cuts, but what do you want here? All the deep cuts loaded into SPAC while the random midweek shows get nothing but generic sets for the casuals?

    Yes, traveling to a destination venue means sinking a lot more time and money into things than just hitting your local show. And, naturally, as a result you'll be extra disappointed if that show doesn't have your ideal set. But traveling to a show doesn't guarantee a great setlist, and it never has. Buyer beware: you know whenever you buy a ticket that you're gambling on a good setlist. The band promised a full-length show, and they delivered; they never promised to play your favorite song.

    I'm not trying to pile on here. Like I said, I know it's frustrating to miss songs you've been chasing. I've missed Say Goodbye (top 5) and LIOG (top 10) multiple times due to scheduling conflicts. But I don't think it's fair to tar this entire tour because Shotgun appeared at Holmdel but not SPAC. That's just how it goes sometimes.
    My last few sentences were pointing out how this is a great thing for people who only can go to their 1 local show and can't travel to the big venues. The fact that people who weathered the horrible horrible north jersey traffic on a yearly basis to see a Holmdel show and get a legendary first Shotgun opener is a great thing for this band.

    I am fully aware that going to a bunch of dmb shows many times you're just 1 show off from a song you want after going to 3-4 shows and I have accepted the terms and conditions.
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield/Hartford, Creek X2, Alpine X2, SPAC X2, Sound on Sound, Wedding (New Wife Coming Soon)
    Youtube: Concertvids34
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 01:22 PM   #496
    Whiteyxc514
     
    Whiteyxc514's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Posts: 4,612

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    I think two night stops at big venues are still, on average, better shows than the run of the mill midweek shows, but I don't think places like SPAC have had the "wow" factor that they did for many years. And despite how much I love SPAC, that's probably a good thing for everyone.

    Just thinking off the top of my head of some of the wow moments over the years that I was either in attendance or am familiar with:
    - Everyday with Vusi '06
    - LIOG with Trey '07
    - full band #40 '08,
    - #40 » Granny » Watchtower » Halloween encore '09
    - 4th of July with Bela '15

    And I'm sure I'm missing some.

    That was a stellar encore and I would have loved to have been there last night, but top to bottom, there was nothing about the weekend that made me feel especially sad that I missed it. I am more sad that I missed out on tailgating and seeing friends and family and enjoying the general specialness of a DMB SPAC weekend.
    __________________
    2021 Shows: Deer Creek x2, SPAC N1
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 01:25 PM   #497
    Dannyyankou
     
    Dannyyankou's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Westchester, NY
    Posts: 32,350

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    I can't believe PFWYG was an audible. Either that or Dave didn't want to give the surprise away for anyone that saw a setlist.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 01:51 PM   #498
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 817

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Probably because your posts are generally that of a doosh bag.
    Felt bad enough to apologize for this as I don’t know you. The better thing to say is that it seems like you victimize yourself and want to argue with everyone.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 01:51 PM   #499
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 817

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    I can't believe PFWYG was an audible. Either that or Dave didn't want to give the surprise away for anyone that saw a setlist.
    My thoughts, too. I was waiting for the video of Dave saying someone asked “so nicely”. Haha
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 01:56 PM   #500
    Dannyyankou
     
    Dannyyankou's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Westchester, NY
    Posts: 32,350

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    My thoughts, too. I was waiting for the video of Dave saying someone asked “so nicely”. Haha
    Dave sometimes withholds setlist information so it doesn't leak. When James Brown guested, he just put an asterisk next to Sex Machine. They kept that under wraps.
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 02:17 PM   #501
    kmb40oz
     
    kmb40oz's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Baltimore, MD
    Posts: 1,670

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Some of the better songs waiting for a tour debut. Hoping to catch one or two of these in Camden!

    JTR
    Last Stop
    Spoon
    Captain
    Snow Outside
    Raven
    Hello Again
    Crazy Easy
    Broken Things
    Beach Ball
    Big Eyed Fish
    Sugar Will
    Good Good Time
    Fool To Think
    Write A Song
    What You Are
    Diggin a Ditch
    __________________
    "Chase Utley you are the man"!
    kmb40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 03:58 PM   #502
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 817

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmb40oz View Post
    Some of the better songs waiting for a tour debut. Hoping to catch one or two of these in Camden!

    JTR
    Last Stop
    Spoon
    Captain
    Snow Outside
    Raven
    Hello Again
    Crazy Easy
    Broken Things
    Beach Ball
    Big Eyed Fish
    Sugar Will
    Good Good Time
    Fool To Think
    Write A Song
    What You Are
    Diggin a Ditch
    Joyride. Please. Why this song went away boggles me. Fitting now more than ever.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 06:26 PM   #503
    ajk316
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Rochester, NY
    Posts: 356

    Shows Seen: 59

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    I think two night stops at big venues are still, on average, better shows than the run of the mill midweek shows, but I don't think places like SPAC have had the "wow" factor that they did for many years. And despite how much I love SPAC, that's probably a good thing for everyone.<br>
    <br>
    Just thinking off the top of my head of some of the wow moments over the years that I was either in attendance or am familiar with: <br>
    - Everyday with Vusi '06<br>
    - LIOG with Trey '07<br>
    - full band #40 '08, <br>
    - #40 » Granny » Watchtower » Halloween encore '09<br>
    - 4th of July with Bela '15<br>
    <br>
    And I'm sure I'm missing some.<br>
    <br>
    That was a stellar encore and I would have loved to have been there last night, but top to bottom, there was nothing about the weekend that made me feel especially sad that I missed it. I am more sad that I missed out on tailgating and seeing friends and family and enjoying the general specialness of a DMB SPAC weekend.
    I felt this way too and I was there. Amazing weekend. It was awesome to be there! The sets were great! But I was leaving wanting a little more of that wow factor.
    ajk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 06:36 PM   #504
    bmt322
     
    bmt322's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Posts: 1,899

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    I absolutely love it during MME chorus when footage of all 7 guys fades in and out on the big stage screen simultaneously with a red hue. Freakin' awesome. It doesn't happen at all shows though, maybe because some venues don't have enough cameras or cameras in the right positions for it.
    __________________
    "sweet dreams are things that are good, good time tonight" - LT43
    bmt322 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 06:56 PM   #505
    dpduke5173
     
    dpduke5173's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Raleigh, NC
    Posts: 6,410

    Shows Seen: 76

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmb40oz View Post
    Some of the better songs waiting for a tour debut. Hoping to catch one or two of these in Camden!

    JTR
    Last Stop
    Spoon
    Captain
    Snow Outside
    Raven
    Hello Again
    Crazy Easy
    Broken Things
    Beach Ball
    Big Eyed Fish
    Sugar Will
    Good Good Time
    Fool To Think
    Write A Song
    What You Are
    Diggin a Ditch
    Surprised BEF & Ditch haven’t popped up yet. Maybe this week.
    __________________
    2022: Charlotte, Bristow, Alpine x2, Raleigh, Va Beach, Farm Aid, MSG x2
    dpduke5173 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 07:17 PM   #506
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 53,038

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    I think two night stops at big venues are still, on average, better shows than the run of the mill midweek shows, but I don't think places like SPAC have had the "wow" factor that they did for many years. And despite how much I love SPAC, that's probably a good thing for everyone.

    Just thinking off the top of my head of some of the wow moments over the years that I was either in attendance or am familiar with:
    - Everyday with Vusi '06
    - LIOG with Trey '07
    - full band #40 '08,
    - #40 » Granny » Watchtower » Halloween encore '09
    - 4th of July with Bela '15

    And I'm sure I'm missing some.

    That was a stellar encore and I would have loved to have been there last night, but top to bottom, there was nothing about the weekend that made me feel especially sad that I missed it. I am more sad that I missed out on tailgating and seeing friends and family and enjoying the general specialness of a DMB SPAC weekend.

    Was at '08 and '09 and I consider them the top two DMB shows I've seen and in that order, N2 last year was #3 out of 31 and I wish I had been there this weekend for the music specifically. Just sharing my perspective.
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 07:26 PM   #507
    SweetUpAndJane
    Torching time...
     
    SweetUpAndJane's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Buffalo, NY
    Posts: 860

    Shows Seen: 30

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    upcoming Cmac show should be interesting w its placement
    __________________
    talking rhymes...
    www.DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=835
    SweetUpAndJane is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 07:31 PM   #508
    bmt322
     
    bmt322's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Posts: 1,899

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Joyride. Please. Why this song went away boggles me. Fitting now more than ever.
    Excellent song for this lineup; love the bridge on that song with the keys and Dave's vocals.
    __________________
    "sweet dreams are things that are good, good time tonight" - LT43
    bmt322 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-10-2022, 09:26 PM   #509
    monizzle145
     
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 1,356

    Shows Seen: 42

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dpduke5173 View Post
    Surprised BEF & Ditch haven’t popped up yet. Maybe this week.
    I thought BEF was a lock for SPAC as well. The band is definitely rationing out certain songs that typically make earlier debuts in the tour. In recent history.

    Bayou was held off for the first month until I cam and dave then started giving it to me every week since.

    Everyday was held for 2 months and this is the latest Everyday has ever debut in a summer tour by actual tour dates (2021 obviously started later in the summer).

    In the buddy era they previously had a bunch of songs like Everyday and Bayou be played much earlier in the tour. They seemed to give more deeper cuts plays (dreaming tree, break free, break for it) along with nonstop play of nancies and warehouse and two step to cover slots typically held by Bayou, SMTS Bridge Too Much, and Everyday.
    __________________
    2022: Mansfield/Hartford, Creek X2, Alpine X2, SPAC X2, Sound on Sound, Wedding (New Wife Coming Soon)
    Youtube: Concertvids34
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Monizzle145
    monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #510
    Alpine416
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 960

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monizzle145 View Post
    In the buddy era they previously had a bunch of songs like Everyday and Bayou be played much earlier in the tour. They seemed to give more deeper cuts plays (dreaming tree, break free, break for it) along with nonstop play of nancies and warehouse and two step to cover slots typically held by Bayou, SMTS Bridge Too Much, and Everyday.
    One of the many improvements over recent years
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    I mean i just laugh at most of the dumb ones and move on (there are some longtime haters that have become a self parody at this point).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Alpine and I now best friends
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram