The Gorge Q&A and FAQs - Page 74 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2022, 04:18 PM   #2191
mynameismike
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 353

Shows Seen: 7

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdmbfan View Post
No. Tickets for gorge are not difficult. Hotels will open up too as people cancel or upgrade hotels.

Awesome not seeing any on Ticketmaster atm but assume they drop frequently or resellers happen?
mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-02-2022, 04:20 PM   #2192
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 87,764

    Shows Seen: 115

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    Awesome not seeing any on Ticketmaster atm but assume they drop frequently or resellers happen?
    There will be drops on TM, yes, but as we get closer to Labor Day Weekend, the boards here will be flooded with people selling tickets. It's by far the easiest tickets of the tour. People buy them in February or whenever, then as the time gets closer, people realize you actually have to do a fair bit of planning to get to the Gorge and they sell them off.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2022, 04:21 PM   #2193
    marcdmbfan
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Austin
    Posts: 1,889

    Shows Seen: 99

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    Awesome not seeing any on Ticketmaster atm but assume they drop frequently or resellers happen?
    Iíve seen a few reserved posted on warehouse boards. As the shows get closer there will be more people unloading extras. Ticketmaster will drop tickets too.
    __________________
    2022: D&T Mexico, Austin, Gorge x 3, Hollywood Bowl x 2, MSG x 2
    marcdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2022, 04:25 PM   #2194
    LaLaLaLaHey
     
    LaLaLaLaHey's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2016
    Posts: 3,583

    Shows Seen: 21

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhd9b View Post
    What is the PIT like? Sorry I didnít search. Just want to know if they oversell it and/or if you can get pushed way off too the sides if youíre late.
    Not sure about overcrowding, but we had a pretty horrible pit experience in 2019. People there were aggressive and somewhat hostile. Mightíve just been a different experience because we had only seen west coast shows before that one, but was not a pleasant time. West coast shows usually have relaxed pits with friendly people who are willing to share the space.
    __________________
    The future is no place to place your better days.
    LaLaLaLaHey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-02-2022, 04:43 PM   #2195
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 353

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marcdmbfan View Post
    Iíve seen a few reserved posted on warehouse boards. As the shows get closer there will be more people unloading extras. Ticketmaster will drop tickets too.

    Thanks I was also wrong and was on a 3 day pass, individual tickets are still for sale
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-08-2022, 07:25 AM   #2196
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 353

    Shows Seen: 7

    The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Star Parking says you must arrive before the show. Does that mean before the opener or just befor
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #2197
    zavdmb
     
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 57

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Where does the band stay when they play here? Not trying to hunt them down, just genuinely curious if they find some place close or if they have to travel far to the venue each day.
    zavdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #2198
    prdstmnky36
     
    prdstmnky36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: VT
    Posts: 8,097

    Shows Seen: 78

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zavdmb View Post
    Where does the band stay when they play here? Not trying to hunt them down, just genuinely curious if they find some place close or if they have to travel far to the venue each day.
    I assume the Cliff House, or whatever they call the resort these days
    __________________
    John
    MY SHOWS

    SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2022, 11:52 AM   #2199
    zavdmb
     
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 57

    Shows Seen: 17

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    I assume the Cliff House, or whatever they call the resort these days
    Thatís what I was thinking but wasnít sure. I assume that place would be impossible to get into then? Was looking at that as an option for next year but if thatís where they stay, I imagine itís a no go.
    zavdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #2200
    Route_2
    Blue-Anony
     
    Route_2's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Seattle
    Posts: 26,510

    Shows Seen: 71

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Yeah, they lock down the SageCliffe Resort that is adjacent to Cave B Winery during the weekend for the band.
    __________________
    DMB YouTube Live:https://tinyurl.com/3h4jeta4
    Route_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2022, 10:07 AM   #2201
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 353

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    im looking at buying tix but WH tickets only show section and row, not seat #. i have seen the pic of all the way at the side but is there a way to know what rows are fine no matter where the seats are? TM shows quite a few obstructed view seats. Would WH sell obstructed view seats or could you assume they are decent?
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2022, 04:19 PM   #2202
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 87,764

    Shows Seen: 115

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    I wouldn't risk buying an outside section ticket at all without knowing the seat numbers.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2022, 04:35 PM   #2203
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 353

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I wouldn't risk buying an outside section ticket at all without knowing the seat numbers.

    Ok cool thank you. where do the seats start to get solid views on the outside section?
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2022, 02:01 AM   #2204
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 87,764

    Shows Seen: 115

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    Ok cool thank you. where do the seats start to get solid views on the outside section?
    IMO, there are no "solid views" from those outside sections.

    It's still super early for Gorge tickets. Don't panic buy. I've been to Gorge 4x and have been moderating the ticket forum for a decade. Trust me (and the other vets). There's no need to buy crap Gorge tickets in July. Much much better tickets will show up on here and on TM.
    __________________
    -Matthew

    Last edited by ExistenceNow; 07-15-2022 at 02:11 AM.
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2022, 10:24 AM   #2205
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire
     
    daveshookme's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Supreme Courtyard by Marriott
    Posts: 62,355

    Shows Seen: 51

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    IMO, there are no "solid views" from those outside sections.

    It's still super early for Gorge tickets. Don't panic buy. I've been to Gorge 4x and have been moderating the ticket forum for a decade. Trust me (and the other vets). There's no need to buy crap Gorge tickets in July. Much much better tickets will show up on here and on TM.
    Will second this. No reason to panic buy (really ever) for Gorge. Week of the shows... maybe scoop what you can for reassurance so you don't have to worry about it but you'll find tickets in the campgrounds/lots pretty easily.

    Lawns > outside seats, so don't buy 'em if you can avoid it and just fall back to lawns if need be.
    __________________
    Tape Cover Artwork
    daveshookme is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-17-2022, 02:18 PM   #2206
    SabresIn9
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Posts: 2

    Shows Seen: 37

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Hey All - does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Rally bus from Moses Lake? Thanks in advance.
    SabresIn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2022, 07:54 PM   #2207
    yatescory@hotma
    Warehouseisbare
     
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: Pekin, IL
    Posts: 3

    Shows Seen: 47

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Hello everyone! I haven’t had a chance to read through all of the posts but I was wondering if star parking is recommended? We would really like to get out of the show quickly but it does seem like a lot of people are already staying at the venue to camp. I would assume it’s pretty easy to get off the lot because of this. However, we don’t mind paying for the premier parking if we are advised that it is worth it. Would someone kindly share some feedback on this matter? Thank you so much!
    yatescory@hotma is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-03-2022, 09:33 PM   #2208
    lovelyladysarz
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Portlandia
    Posts: 9

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    I do Plaza Parking every year and it is definitely worth it. Plaza and Star have their own designated lot but Plaza has its own entrance to the venue. Getting out takes less than a few minutes.
    __________________
    Gorge x3
    lovelyladysarz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2022, 08:36 AM   #2209
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 353

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lovelyladysarz View Post
    I do Plaza Parking every year and it is definitely worth it. Plaza and Star have their own designated lot but Plaza has its own entrance to the venue. Getting out takes less than a few minutes.
    where do you get plaza parking? have only seen star
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-04-2022, 01:40 PM   #2210
    lovelyladysarz
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Portlandia
    Posts: 9

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    where do you get plaza parking? have only seen star

    Stubhub. Or you can buy at the gate. I *think* it's $90 for Plaza but I'm not sure.
    __________________
    Gorge x3
    lovelyladysarz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2022, 06:37 PM   #2211
    Cobo
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 1,587

    Shows Seen: 34

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Hi everyone. My group had to cancel as there has been an emergency situation requiring surgery and subsequently no traveling allowed for the point person in my group.

    I would still like to go but I would need major help: a ride from Seattle on Thursday, and a ride to Spokane on Monday.

    In addition, there would no be an extra camping pass and extra tickets to sell.

    Where can I post about this information? I know thereís a Gorge Crew on Facebook but Iím not on Facebook. Any other options?
    Cobo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2022, 08:25 PM   #2212
    Michelle320
     
    Michelle320's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Location: Chesapeake, VA
    Posts: 43

    Shows Seen: 36

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    If we are just starting at looking at the gorge have we already missed the boat in terms of hotels and non-lawn tickets?
    I'm not a lawn person - not my thing, but last year the Gorge was my first time ever doing lawn tickets. Would 100% always do lawn there. Seats there are folding metal chairs that don't stay in a row through out the show. Did seats in 2015 and again N3 last year. Did lawn the other 2 nights last year and it was great. Some of the lawn seats you can get are carved out of the side of the mountain so they are flat and have a back to them. That being said, we decided to splurge on N3 last year and bought seats the day of the show, rather than doing lawn. Seats will be available, you're not too late.
    __________________
    2022: TX Trio, Bristow, Gilford, Raleigh, VB
    Michelle320 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-09-2022, 06:12 PM   #2213
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 353

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michelle320 View Post
    I'm not a lawn person - not my thing, but last year the Gorge was my first time ever doing lawn tickets. Would 100% always do lawn there. Seats there are folding metal chairs that don't stay in a row through out the show. Did seats in 2015 and again N3 last year. Did lawn the other 2 nights last year and it was great. Some of the lawn seats you can get are carved out of the side of the mountain so they are flat and have a back to them. That being said, we decided to splurge on N3 last year and bought seats the day of the show, rather than doing lawn. Seats will be available, you're not too late.

    awesome thanks. Would you have to be in the wh entry to grab the carved out lawn seats?
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 08:37 AM   #2214
    jdunndmb
     
    Join Date: Sep 2002
    Location: Olathe, KS
    Posts: 787

    Shows Seen: 79

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    just pondering - how do you think they feel about a cigar on the lawn? not the concert goers, the staff.
    __________________
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk Baby!!!!
    jdunndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 09:10 AM   #2215
    Michelle320
     
    Michelle320's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Location: Chesapeake, VA
    Posts: 43

    Shows Seen: 36

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    awesome thanks. Would you have to be in the wh entry to grab the carved out lawn seats?
    Last year we did sit in the WH lawn section where you had to get there and get a wrist band in order to sit in that section. I can't recall if there are other carved out seats lawn seats besides those.
    __________________
    2022: TX Trio, Bristow, Gilford, Raleigh, VB
    Michelle320 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 10:32 AM   #2216
    mynameismike
     
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Posts: 353

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michelle320 View Post
    Last year we did sit in the WH lawn section where you had to get there and get a wrist band in order to sit in that section. I can't recall if there are other carved out seats lawn seats besides those.
    ah nice, does the WH section fill up or can you find a spot anytime?
    mynameismike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2022, 01:49 PM   #2217
    Michelle320
     
    Michelle320's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Location: Chesapeake, VA
    Posts: 43

    Shows Seen: 36

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynameismike View Post
    ah nice, does the WH section fill up or can you find a spot anytime?
    It filled up. This area of reserved lawn is surrounded by a chain link fence and someone was at the entrance handing out wristbands and checking them every time you wanted to re-enter. Last year they would only give a wristband to the ticket holder. You couldn't get extras for your friends or others to sit with you. If they wanted to sit there they had to have their WH lawn ticket and be present. Besides making a dash for the posters, that was always another mad dash, to get the wristband and claim a spot.
    __________________
    2022: TX Trio, Bristow, Gilford, Raleigh, VB
    Michelle320 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-19-2022, 03:59 PM   #2218
    EpE34
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Idaho
    Posts: 94

    Shows Seen: 36

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Anywhere good places where people can communicate about carpooling? I am headed to the Gorge solo with a premier camping pass which is a bit silly, but solo Dave shows have been some of the best experiences I've had. Any other guys out there that are heading solo from/through Spokane and wanna split a premier camping site?
    EpE34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-19-2022, 04:07 PM   #2219
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 87,764

    Shows Seen: 115

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EpE34 View Post
    Anywhere good places where people can communicate about carpooling? I am headed to the Gorge solo with a premier camping pass which is a bit silly, but solo Dave shows have been some of the best experiences I've had. Any other guys out there that are heading solo from/through Spokane and wanna split a premier camping site?
    The main Gorge thread in tour central is probably the best place to team up here. Outside of here, FB groups are probably your best bet.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2022, 02:20 PM   #2220
    MidasMulligan
    Lets go!
     
    MidasMulligan's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Posts: 408

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

    First timer here so sorry for the dumb questions. We were lucky enough to get Oasis camping. I read in the FAQ that Oasis camping gets access to something call the Cliff House. Is this still true? Also, what and where is the Cliff House? Are you able to watch the shows from there? Would that be better viewing than from the lawn?

    Also, I think we understand that there is no in-and-out of the Oasis on N0 (Thursday). Is that enforced? Do we need to pack in our own dinner for that night?

    Thanks!
    __________________
    Eat, drink and be merry
    For tomorrow we die!
    MidasMulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram