***Official Bend 2018 Thread*** - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-29-2018, 11:38 AM   #61
DMBMegg41

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Bend 2018 Thread***

good show,not best i have seen . to many people moving around during show,ugg,all GA. they have two aisles roped of to have a path but it just all gets filled ..whats the point. no security what so ever. I liked my reserved seats thank you! im not there to get drunk and weasel my way through the crowd while holding two beers. or talking constantly about my life during the show because im drunk.Im there for the music !!
DMBMegg41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #62
    Madnana
    Smoke the Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sunianna View Post
    Kinda feel like we were at different shows, but I definitely can’t drum up anything this thoughtful, so will let it go haha.

Glad you made it! Did you get priority entry or did you just come early enough to get a front spot? I wandered up to the front for a bit which is something you can only do in a venue like this!

The older I get, the more I really like these random venue midweek shows. Can’t wait to spend some time in nature today.
    I didn't see any priority entry. Oh well. Luckily I came early and flew in solo. I was able to get pretty close to the pit right before the show started because there's really no crowd management people there. I just walked down the aisle until the aisle disappeared. LOL

Anyway, it was a good show and I did have a great time! I hadn't seen the band in 5 years, so maybe I was expecting more from the band because of all the great shows I've seen over the years. Also, I've been listening to all the great live streams they've been doing this year, so I guess I spoiled myself! They just didn't sound as good in person this year as they have on the recent webcasts.

Thank you again for hooking me up! I hope you enjoy the rest of your visit to nature!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBMegg41 View Post
    good show,not best i have seen . to many people moving around during show,ugg,all GA. they have two aisles roped of to have a path but it just all gets filled ..whats the point. no security what so ever. I liked my reserved seats thank you! im not there to get drunk and weasel my way through the crowd while holding two beers. or talking constantly about my life during the show because im drunk.Im there for the music !!
    Oh. Sorry. I swear I'm not an asshole. I didn't drink and I was quiet and respectful of the crowd around me that I inserted myself into. Haha, okay so maybe it was a dick move. But I haven't been that close to the stage since their last show in Portland!
    Madnana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-29-2018, 06:23 PM   #63
    Sunianna

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBMegg41 View Post
    I walked around quite a bit this show because solo it’s easy to do and I like hearing from various places. With a GA venue you can’t expect anything else. I mean WPB is one of the hot spots but the lawn there was like 50x worse than last night.

I walked the side aisles around twice and they were perfectly clear. Of course I had exactly zero beers and spoke to no one...

You might really enjoy an arena show in Canada if you can swing it sometime. GA is on the floor and if you like seats, you can enjoy the entire show sitting. They enforced no standing at the show I went to there.
    Old 08-29-2018, 06:31 PM   #64
    Sunianna

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Madnana View Post
    Anyway, it was a good show and I did have a great time! I hadn't seen the band in 5 years, so maybe I was expecting more from the band because of all the great shows I've seen over the years. Also, I've been listening to all the great live streams they've been doing this year, so I guess I spoiled myself! They just didn't sound as good in person this year as they have on the recent webcasts.
    Admittedly the Les Swab has sub par acoustics. The only worse I can think of off hand I’ve been to was Jones Beach in NY. I don’t know if that’s some of what you were experiencing.

These guys are just frankly old. But to continue to tour as aggressively as they do at the level of energy they do is - to me - astounding. It’s hard not to want to compare them to the level of 15 years ago, but I just try to age my perspective along with the band.

Nature was amazing today BTW !!
    Old 08-31-2018, 11:57 PM   #65
    dmb41er

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Bend treated me well, great little city. I showed up an hour before gates and ended up a few rows from the rail, fun to see the band up close on such a tiny stage. I especially enjoyed the owl tapestry background instead of the usual video screens. Really cool venue, was able to check it out a few days early thanks to a woman who offered me a free Brandi ticket outside her show the previous weekend. Both Brandi and DMB sounded great, seemed genuinely happy to be there and interacted with the audience often. DMB set could have been better, but it also could have been a lot worse. Crowd was chill, one of the best pits especially for an all GA show. Thanks to Bend & everyone I met at the show for another excellent time.
    dmb41er is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2018, 04:07 AM   #66
    imnothingman

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

FYI the one and only Jon Koch has taped this show too, and hopefully it will surface soon!
    Old 09-15-2018, 08:47 AM   #67
    Madnana
    Smoke the Dreaming Tree

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by imnothingman View Post
    FYI the one and only Jon Koch has taped this show too, and hopefully it will surface soon!
    Great to hear! I was starting to worry nobody recorded it. I have recordings of all the other DMB shows I've been to, so it would've sucked to break that streak.

Thanks for the info! And thanks to Jon Koch! Just listened to Gorge N3--sounds great!
    Old 09-30-2018, 01:22 AM   #68
    imnothingman

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Tape is up here and at dreamingtree!

http://www.dreamingtree.org/torrents.php?id=3775
    Old 02-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #69
    Madnana
    Smoke the Dreaming Tree

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by imnothingman View Post
    Tape is up here and at dreamingtree!

http://www.dreamingtree.org/torrents.php?id=3775
    Who needs tape? DMB has now released a third of this show already on Encore Trax/WH discs!