** College Football Season ** - Page 4891 - Antsmarching.org Forums
Old 07-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #146701
iMAC386
BOOMER!
 
iMAC386's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,474

Shows Seen: 1

Re: ** College Football Season **

Man I reeeaalllly want some CFB this season. Seeing OU post photos on social media of new roster photos and hype videos being shot for this upcoming season, and I'm hoping it can actually be used.

They're posting COVID testing numbers weekly for the team. They had like 12 players and 2 coaches test positive total, but in the last 2 weeks of all 100 people no one tested positive. So that's something.

Last edited by iMAC386; 07-25-2020 at 04:24 PM.
iMAC386 is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #146702
    Lee3691
     
    Lee3691's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Location: Californian in Texas
    Posts: 39,670

    Shows Seen: 123

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Lawsuit alleges Bo Schembechler knew of sexual abuse allegations against Michigan team doctor. How sad that 4 major universities in the midwest (Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State and Michigan have had major sex abuse scandals associated with their athletic departments.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2020, 08:54 AM   #146703
    CrushB610
     
    CrushB610's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: near Philly
    Posts: 4,514

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Micah Parsons opting out of the 2020 season to enter into he 2021 draft. Bummed, as he likely woulda been the best Defensive player in the country this season.

    This season ainít happening, itís a shame cause PSU was going to be really, really good and had a good shot to win the B1G.
    CrushB610 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #146704
    clayj41
     
    clayj41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Posts: 63,258

    Shows Seen: 34

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushB610 View Post
    This season ainít happening, itís a shame cause PSU was going to be really, really good and had a good shot to win the B1G.
    He said, as the B1G announces that the 10-game regular season will commence on Labor Day Weekend.

    The first game is now less than a month away. Seems like a total pipe dream to think that's happening.
    __________________
    When everyone's compromising
    I'll be your diehard
    I'll be there when water's rising
    I'll be your lifeguard
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #146705
    Lee3691
     
    Lee3691's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Location: Californian in Texas
    Posts: 39,670

    Shows Seen: 123

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    I doubt the college football season happening, but the Big 10 did release its new schedule with Ohio State / Michigan scheduled for Oct 24th. Parsons made the right decision.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #146706
    MOWJO8185
     
    MOWJO8185's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 9,481

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    I'm not optimistic any of this happens, but it is pretty wild for ND to be in a conference race.
    MOWJO8185 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2020, 11:16 AM   #146707
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn
     
    unccrombie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Posts: 43,326

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    College kids staying COVID free will be an interesting challenge in and of itself.
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2020, 07:04 PM   #146708
    pearljammer
     
    pearljammer's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 4,038

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    I believe the season will definitely start, i'm just not sure it'll finish. #fuck2020
    pearljammer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-06-2020, 07:28 PM   #146709
    pearljammer
     
    pearljammer's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 4,038

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    I'm afraid players are about to start opting-out left and right. This may be a half-assed college football season.
    pearljammer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #146710
    snow1868
    Party in the back!
     
    snow1868's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Ocoee, FL
    Posts: 33,333

    Shows Seen: 13

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pearljammer View Post
    I'm afraid players are about to start opting-out left and right. This may be a half-assed college football season.
    It just needs to be cancelled now. There's no way they can keep these kids safe. It sucks, I think OSU is a B12 contender with Hubbard and Wallace coming back, but if they can't keep baseball safe then there's no way a contact sport like football will make it.
    __________________
    Ryan
    Go Pokes! Go Royals! Go Chiefs!

    Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #146711
    luccic12
     
    luccic12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Brooklyn
    Posts: 38,262

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    MACtion is the first domino to fall
    __________________
    -Anthony

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bohrman26 View Post
    Avett Brothers were awesome as shit last night. Made out with this girl I know. Pissed myself.
    luccic12 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 01:48 PM   #146712
    prdstmnky36
     
    prdstmnky36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Vermont
    Posts: 3,363

    Shows Seen: 78

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luccic12 View Post
    MACtion is the first domino to fall
    B1G might not be far behind from what Iíve heard
    __________________
    John
    MY SHOWS

    SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 01:48 PM   #146713
    clayj41
     
    clayj41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Posts: 63,258

    Shows Seen: 34

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luccic12 View Post
    MACtion is the first domino to fall
    Indications are that the cancellation is coming.

    https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/s...490341377?s=21
    __________________
    When everyone's compromising
    I'll be your diehard
    I'll be there when water's rising
    I'll be your lifeguard
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-08-2020, 03:26 PM   #146714
    pearljammer
     
    pearljammer's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 4,038

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    Indications are that the cancellation is coming.

    https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/s...490341377?s=21

    As McMurphy's source says, liability for the schools is a huge issue that people don't seem to be talking about. The Presidents of these schools aren't idiots, and many of them have a background in law. As much as I hate it, i'm afraid the season will get called off pretty soon after it kicks off.
    pearljammer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #146715
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 26,473

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    What do y'all think about what Trevor Lawrence said? Unfortunately it looks like it'll all be gone by the end of the week. Though I do think a season would be possible and pretty easy to do if the P5 schools all agreed to put a few safety measures in place.

    Football players are in their own "bubble" on campus. Football only dorms. Players take all online classes. They just practice, workout, and play the games. Then after the season they can integrate back into campus life whatever that looks like at the time. The major universities could easily pull this off logistically.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 12:08 PM   #146716
    Lee3691
     
    Lee3691's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2002
    Location: Californian in Texas
    Posts: 39,670

    Shows Seen: 123

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    You forgot to link us to what Trevor Lawrence said.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #146717
    dmbmuskie
    Believeland
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 67,836

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    What do y'all think about what Trevor Lawrence said? Unfortunately it looks like it'll all be gone by the end of the week. Though I do think a season would be possible and pretty easy to do if the P5 schools all agreed to put a few safety measures in place.

    Football players are in their own "bubble" on campus. Football only dorms. Players take all online classes. They just practice, workout, and play the games. Then after the season they can integrate back into campus life whatever that looks like at the time. The major universities could easily pull this off logistically.
    I know thatís what one university actually has in place.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Judging by verlanders work on the mound this year im guessing he was aiming for her face.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 12:51 PM   #146718
    CrushB610
     
    CrushB610's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: near Philly
    Posts: 4,514

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    What do y'all think about what Trevor Lawrence said? Unfortunately it looks like it'll all be gone by the end of the week. Though I do think a season would be possible and pretty easy to do if the P5 schools all agreed to put a few safety measures in place.

    Football players are in their own "bubble" on campus. Football only dorms. Players take all online classes. They just practice, workout, and play the games. Then after the season they can integrate back into campus life whatever that looks like at the time. The major universities could easily pull this off logistically.
    I think "easily" is a poor choice of wording when discussing pulling off a college football season, man.
    CrushB610 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #146719
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 26,473

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    You forgot to link us to what Trevor Lawrence said.
    https://twitter.com/Trevorlawrencee/...99402784325632

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushB610 View Post
    I think "easily" is a poor choice of wording when discussing pulling off a college football season, man.
    I disagree. It could be done easily because they have all the necessary parts in place and/or available to them. It would also be easy compared to losing billions of dollars.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 12:59 PM   #146720
    dmbmuskie
    Believeland
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 67,836

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Lawrence had the best and smartest opinion on all this. Closing campus down and sending kids home is going to lead to some bad outcomes.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Judging by verlanders work on the mound this year im guessing he was aiming for her face.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 01:10 PM   #146721
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 26,473

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    Lawrence had the best and smartest opinion on all this. Closing campus down and sending kids home is going to lead to some bad outcomes.
    And the players really are "safer" from Covid on campus in their football bubble if they abide by the protocols.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 01:10 PM   #146722
    luccic12
     
    luccic12's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: Brooklyn
    Posts: 38,262

    Shows Seen: 11

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Jim Jordan should uh probably sit this one out
    __________________
    -Anthony

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bohrman26 View Post
    Avett Brothers were awesome as shit last night. Made out with this girl I know. Pissed myself.
    luccic12 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 01:11 PM   #146723
    CrushB610
     
    CrushB610's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: near Philly
    Posts: 4,514

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    I get Lawrence's points and he's probably right.

    You also have to look from the school/AD's perspective.. would they not be held liable if someone were to get sick? I thought one of the bullet points of the players boycott from last week included no liability waivers to be included for this season.
    CrushB610 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #146724
    dmbmuskie
    Believeland
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 67,836

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrushB610 View Post
    I get Lawrence's points and he's probably right.

    You also have to look from the school/AD's perspective.. would they not be held liable if someone were to get sick? I thought one of the bullet points of the players boycott from last week included no liability waivers to be included for this season.
    Would the AD be liable for traumatic brain or spine injury, MERS, etc?


    I would think the answer would be no.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Judging by verlanders work on the mound this year im guessing he was aiming for her face.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #146725
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 26,473

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    Would the AD be liable for traumatic brain or spine injury, MERS, etc?


    I would think the answer would be no.
    This, and are schools going to liable if Jon Doe student gets it? All these students and athletes are making the choice to attend school this fall or not. It's not the schools fault if anyone attains the virus on campus or at a school event.

    Same as k-12 schools. If a kid gets sick at my school the county isn't liable. They chose to attend in person school and by doing so inherit all the risks associated with it.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #146726
    dmbmuskie
    Believeland
     
    dmbmuskie's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 67,836

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 football seasons seem far more dangerous than COVID.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickyh24 View Post
    Judging by verlanders work on the mound this year im guessing he was aiming for her face.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 01:40 PM   #146727
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator
     
    ExistenceNow's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Location: Austin, Tx
    Posts: 82,781

    Shows Seen: 108

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    And the players really are "safer" from Covid on campus in their football bubble if they abide by the protocols.

    Which they won't. If people could abide by protocols we wouldn't be discussing cancelling college football.
    __________________
    -Matthew
    Dallas Tailgate Map
    ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #146728
    MOWJO8185
     
    MOWJO8185's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 9,481

    Shows Seen: 9

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    I don't know what's right or wrong regarding the season. I find it really hard to decipher how common some of these long-lasting health issues are, as well as how far into the trajectory we are in terms of immunity/burnout. I don't think anyone knows enough to be sure.

    But I do know if they have the kids play and then start chirping about their amateurism the next time player/likeness is brought up they can go fuck themselves.

    In my mind this season isn't happening. I've done less college football reading/amping up than any other season I can remember. If it happens I'll be right here with you guys though.

    Last edited by MOWJO8185; 08-10-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    MOWJO8185 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 02:54 PM   #146729
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 26,473

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 football seasons seem far more dangerous than COVID.
    Way more dangerous and won't happen. If football doesn't happen in fall 2020 it won't happen again in the P5 until fall 21. None of the kids that have a shot at getting drafted would play spring ball. Why would they?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Which they won't. If people could abide by protocols we wouldn't be discussing cancelling college football.
    If NBA and MLS players can do it, college kids can too.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #146730
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable
     
    dontdrink36's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Canton, GA
    Posts: 26,473

    Shows Seen: 45

    Re: ** College Football Season **

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    I don't know what's right or wrong regarding the season. I find it really hard to decipher how common some of these long-lasting health issues are, as well as how far into the trajectory we are in terms of immunity/burnout. I don't think anyone knows enough to be sure.

    But I do know if they have the kids play and then start chirping about their amateurism the next time player/likeness is brought up they can go fuck themselves.

    In my mind this season isn't happening. I've done less college football reading/amping up than any other season I can remember. If it happens I'll be right here with you guys though.


    The NCAA can get fucked on that front. There is no legit reason they shouldn't be allowed to capitalize on their likeness.
    dontdrink36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Tags
    football, ncaa

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter