***OFFICIAL Michigan Summer 2020*** - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-30-2020, 07:59 AM   #61
too69short

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***OFFICIAL Michigan Summer 2020***

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsrsweet View Post
Did anyone in here see them at the Van Andel shows in '98 or '99?
I was at both shows. The '98 show was my first show and now looking back was quite under rated. The 99 show doesn't' seem to stick out to me though I had a lot more things going on with the Palace Shows so those might better stick with me.
too69short is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-30-2020, 08:01 AM   #62
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 134

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjlak15 View Post
    Why would you say this? I am buying tickets to Luke Combs there in a couple weeks.
    I think they suspect that the seats will be on the floor with no slope or elevation.

However at MSG they added risers or something to the back of the floor, but the first section of rows were in fact on the floor - so it's flat.

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2020, 05:19 AM   #63
    bonbuns77

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Question for my Michigan friends. I typically get my tix through the Warehouse but after several years of crappy seats at DTE, I’m considering trying my luck with the Citi presale. Anyone have good luck with that? What is your preferred method? I don’t come on here much but I’m having anxiety about getting my tickets this year and in need of opinions!!!
    bonbuns77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2020, 05:38 AM   #64
    tazdmb

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonbuns77 View Post
    Question for my Michigan friends. I typically get my tix through the Warehouse but after several years of crappy seats at DTE, I’m considering trying my luck with the Citi presale. Anyone have good luck with that? What is your preferred method? I don’t come on here much but I’m having anxiety about getting my tickets this year and in need of opinions!!!
    Until last year, actually the best bet seemed to be through Instants. DTE, amazingly, sells out the pavilion since I can remember. I don't even remember a year they didn't sell out the entire shed, prior to last year.
    tazdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2020, 11:09 AM   #65
    dreamingtm17

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    I think they suspect that the seats will be on the floor with no slope or elevation.

However at MSG they added risers or something to the back of the floor, but the first section of rows were in fact on the floor - so it's flat.
    This is exactly the problem...when the floor is "seated" it is hard to see. People in GR are fairly tall (strong Dutch heritage with a lot of tall people). I was at the show in 98 and we were on the floor 2/3 back and we couldn't see anything and it kind of sucked...might have been part of the reason we didn't see the band again for a long time

The arena is great though and we have sat in about every section. It is so much smaller than places like the Palace or United Center...even the top of the uppers aren't bad.
    dreamingtm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2020, 10:37 AM   #66
    richvisser23

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjlak15 View Post
    Why would you say this? I am buying tickets to Luke Combs there in a couple weeks.
    Because I have seen 20+ concerts there, in all different areas. Even the furthest seat is much like the back row of some of the bigger pavilions.
    "The following text deals with a controversial subject. The theories expressed are not the only possible interpretation. Viewers are invited to make a judgement based on all available information."
    richvisser23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #67
    asamouel

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonbuns77 View Post
    I've had luck with the Citi presale over the years. Most of the time I'm in the X-AA row range, but have gotten lucky with a couple in G-I range.
    asamouel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2020, 05:32 AM   #68
    eggsrsweet

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

What did y'all end up requesting through the Warehouse for Michigan? We did Pit for Van Andel (opt-out of nosebleeds) and that's it.

With DTE, I think we'll only do either lawn or pit on the TM or Citi presale. Unless you're in the first twenty rows in the center of the pavilion, it really isn't worth it IMO and I've gotten boned on shitty WH seats too many times there. Lawn is always a good time at DTE. Would love to do pit but it seems like it may be the hardest pit ticket to get on the entire tour being that the pit is small and apparently, most of those tickets are given to DTE higher-ups and/or season ticket holders.
    eggsrsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2020, 05:43 AM   #69
    tubaguy1145

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What did y'all end up requesting through the Warehouse for Michigan? We did Pit for Van Andel (opt-out of nosebleeds) and that's it.

With DTE, I think we'll only do either lawn or pit on the TM or Citi presale. Unless you're in the first twenty rows in the center of the pavilion, it really isn't worth it IMO and I've gotten boned on shitty WH seats too many times there. Lawn is always a good time at DTE. Would love to do pit but it seems like it may be the hardest pit ticket to get on the entire tour being that the pit is small and apparently, most of those tickets are given to DTE higher-ups and/or season ticket holders.
    I have a large group for DTE and DC, so we’ll be on the lawn for those shows. Requested pits for Van Andel, and did not opt out of the nose bleeds. It’s a smaller venue and I just want tickets with minimal effort. I did the tree donation thing equal to the number of tickets requested.

Those of you that just want lawn seats, how do you get your tickets?
    tubaguy1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2020, 06:23 AM   #70
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

For DTE i walk up to the ticket office when we get to the parking lot and buy lawn seats. Price is just face value with no fees.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2020, 06:49 AM   #71
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I bet there are less than 4 PIT tickets ever sold through TM at face value to fans.

It holds around 250. There are WH premiums, then WH regular tickets as well.

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 02-04-2020, 06:51 AM   #72
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

I put in for Van Andel GA Floor/opt out of nosebleeds on my account and had some friends request as well.

Put in for GA pit/Seats and Premium Pit for DTE.

I typically get stuck with crap uppers at DTE but I've always been able to sell them.

I've found tickets are harder to get the last few years with the introduction of TM platinum tickets personally.

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 02-04-2020, 09:39 AM   #73
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Put in for Van Andel pit and opted out of uppers. We’ll see!
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2020, 10:21 AM   #74
    too69short

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    I put in for Van Andel GA Floor/opt out of nosebleeds on my account and had some friends request as well.

Put in for GA pit/Seats and Premium Pit for DTE.

I typically get stuck with crap uppers at DTE but I've always been able to sell them.

I've found tickets are harder to get the last few years with the introduction of TM platinum tickets personally.
    This has been my experience as well. There are a lot of day 1 members in Michigan so getting good seats is always a tough pull. Even as a day 1, we rarely get first few rows of seats. Only gotten PIT once through the upgrade.
    Old 02-04-2020, 05:03 PM   #75
    bonbuns77

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by asamouel View Post
    I've had luck with the Citi presale over the years. Most of the time I'm in the X-AA row range, but have gotten lucky with a couple in G-I range.
    I think I’ll give it a try. Thanks!
    bonbuns77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2020, 06:53 PM   #76
    MW104

Shows Seen: 96

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

while we have a good amount of tickets at the music venue- when there's a GA Pit, DTE (the utility company) typically does not have pit tickets. In past years, we've been unable to add tickets for DMB as well.
    MW104 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2020, 01:04 PM   #77
    Jasonng

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I put in premium for 2 and any for 2 more got temp charge today need 4 tickets
    Jasonng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #78
    too69short

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jasonng View Post
    I put in premium for 2 and any for 2 more got temp charge today need 4 tickets
    I think I posted somewhere else but I'm willing to buy your extra poster upfront if you are interested in selling.
    Old 02-09-2020, 06:53 AM   #79
    Jasonng

My Tour Central Stats

I can’t my dad and are doing premium and I requested 2 anywhere for my wife and son my son is 6 and has been and this will be his 4th show
    Quote:
    <div class="pre-quote">
    Quote de <strong>Jasonng</strong>
    </div>

<div class="post-quote">
    <div style="font-style:italic">I put in premium for 2 and any for 2 more got temp charge today need 4 tickets</div>
    </div>I think I posted somewhere else but I'm willing to buy your extra poster upfront if you are interested in selling.
    Old 02-10-2020, 05:46 AM   #80
    Jasonng

My Tour Central Stats

Hard charge for premium and floor seats 😀
    Old 02-10-2020, 06:07 AM   #81
    zavdmb

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Was charged for pit/lower level at DTE and $85 seats at van andel. Those charges just changed to upper levels at DTE and still $85 for van andel. Hoping I’m not getting screwed at DTE when I chose that as my priority selection.
    zavdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-10-2020, 06:20 AM   #82
    ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zavdmb View Post
    Was charged for pit/lower level at DTE and $85 seats at van andel. Those charges just changed to upper levels at DTE and still $85 for van andel. Hoping I’m not getting screwed at DTE when I chose that as my priority selection.
    The pricing tiers for sections at DTE is so dumb. You could have "lowers" in the middle and only be 8 rows away from the back of the pavilion.
    ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #83
    too69short

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
    The pricing tiers for sections at DTE is so dumb. You could have "lowers" in the middle and only be 8 rows away from the back of the pavilion.
    Yes, I hate that the uppers are not the higher limits. It really confuses people when they get their charges.

Has anyone seen a breakdown for Van Andel on where ticket prices will match up with location?
    Old 02-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #84
    ElijahSoRight72

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I put in for pit both shows but my bank fucked me and had some computer error where it labeled my hard as stolen and shut it off after the processing period started- and gave me a new card. So I’ll be denied and will have to wade through a couple months of “looking for WH pit please.” I know it’s a lotto for pit but sometimes it’s an even bigger lotto to find pit sales.
    ElijahSoRight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-10-2020, 11:35 AM   #85
    too69short

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 View Post
    I put in for pit both shows but my bank fucked me and had some computer error where it labeled my hard as stolen and shut it off after the processing period started- and gave me a new card. So I’ll be denied and will have to wade through a couple months of “looking for WH pit please.” I know it’s a lotto for pit but sometimes it’s an even bigger lotto to find pit sales.
    PIT at DTE is a hard ticket to land with such a small pit. I would think you should be able to land PIT at Van Andel without much of an issue.
    Old 02-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #86
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by too69short View Post
    PIT at DTE is a hard ticket to land with such a small pit. I would think you should be able to land PIT at Van Andel without much of an issue.
    I have never seen a face value DTE Pit for sale on any of the boards or ticketing groups.

Van Andel is a tossup. If it's like MSG the pit will only be 500 people, but who knows.

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    Old 02-11-2020, 07:06 AM   #87
    Fpuonpko

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Got uppers at DTe... sucks when you're a WH member for 13 years and still get junk. Really think I need to get out of the WH as I've never gotten anything decent even once. I wish they changed how they did stuff. went for pit for the first time this year but thought I would at least get some decent lowers..
    Fpuonpko is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2020, 07:56 AM   #88
    jjlak15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I know this isnt relevant to DMB, but if anyone has extra tickets to Luke Combs this Saturday in Grand Rapids, I am in need of 2.
    jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #89
    dmbmike41
    Go Hawks!

Shows Seen: 74

My Tour Central Stats

Dumb question, what colors on warehouse seating map $115 pricing?
    dmbmike41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-12-2020, 07:05 PM   #90
    dmbmike41
    Go Hawks!

Shows Seen: 74

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmike41 View Post
    Dumb question, what colors on warehouse seating map $115 pricing?
    I only ask as I'm bringing my daughter to her first show and don't want to be on the back of floor.

Everyone probably feels the same. Yeah yeah, Recently...
    dmbmike41 is offline   Reply With Quote