*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 1851 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #55501
TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
Love it.
What is good about changing a law from 1950? I guess youre against separation of church and state then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
Was this not happening already?

I feel like every election there are stories about churches pushing candidates to their congregations. Were these places losing the tax-exempt status?
I think they just skirted around the laws and used their platforms to push but never did it in an official way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #55502
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post

Huge if true.
    Old 11-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #55503
    coldengrey12
    Listen to St. Vincent

Shows Seen: 70

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, I don't think churches or any religious organization should be allowed to give one red cent as an organization. Believe what you want, vote how you want. Encourage your followers to do so, whatever. But as an organization? Nah, fuck your cash.
    coldengrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 12:04 PM   #55504
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldengrey12 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think churches or any religious organization should be allowed to give one red cent as an organization. Believe what you want, vote how you want. Encourage your followers to do so, whatever. But as an organization? Nah, fuck your cash.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #55505
    Route_2
    What Album?

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

These clever Russian bastards organized two opposing protests at the same location and date for $200.

If the exploitation of our polarized culture is this easy I don't see this type of tampering to go away for a loooong time.

Quote:
    Last year, two Russian Facebook pages organized dueling rallies in front of the Islamic Da’wah Center of Houston, according to information released by U.S. Sen. Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican.

Heart of Texas, a Russian-controlled Facebook group that promoted Texas secession, leaned into an image of the state as a land of guns and barbecue and amassed hundreds of thousands of followers. One of their ads on Facebook announced a noon rally on May 21, 2016 to “Stop Islamification of Texas.”

A separate Russian-sponsored group, United Muslims of America, advertised a “Save Islamic Knowledge” rally for the same place and time.

On that day, protesters organized by the two groups showed up on Travis Street in downtown Houston, a scene that appeared on its face to be a protest and a counterprotest. Interactions between the two groups eventually escalated into confrontation and verbal attacks.

Burr, the committee's chairman, unveiled the ads at a hearing Wednesday morning and said Russians managed to pit Texans against each other for the bargain price of $200.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11...ussian-page-l/
    Old 11-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #55506
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Jeff Sessions definitely committed perjury

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-says-n817001

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #55507
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    The first response there is great. @castledangerous Replying to @mmfa @TomWellborn He'd only be 128, so this seems legit
    Yeah, this. The oldest person who ever lived only got to 122, so yeah - sure, the most evil person who ever lived definitely made it to 128.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #55508
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Jeff Sessions definitely committed perjury

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-says-n817001
    "As far as Sessions seemed to be concerned, when he shut down this idea of Papadopoulos engaging with Russia, that was the end of it and he moved the meeting along to other issues."

Yeah, I’m pretty sure if someone said, “hey guys, do you want to meet with Putin and have him help us win this thing?”

Old Jefferson was all, “nah, we’re good” and then completely forget that anyone ever said that.
    Old 11-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #55509
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Robert Mercer's letter to Renaissance employees, stepping down as CEO and explaining his political views.

For those that don't know, Mercer is the main benefactor of Breitbart and, by extension, the election of Donald Trump.

Quote:
    Dear Colleagues,

During the past year, I have been the object of a great deal of scrutiny from the press. I have declined to comment on what has been written about me, imagining that with time the attention would dissipate. Because that has yet to happen, I have decided to correct some of the misinformation that has been published about me. It is not my intention to impose the views I describe below on anyone else.

My goal is simply to explain my thinking, the very essence of which is that all of us should think for ourselves.

I believe that individuals are happiest and most fulfilled when they form their own opinions, assume responsibility for their own actions, and spend the fruits of their own labor as they see fit. I believe that a collection of individuals making their own decisions within the confines of a clear and concise set of laws that they have determined for themselves will advance society much more effectively than will a collection of experts who are confident in their knowledge of what is best for everyone else. This is why I support conservatives, who favor a smaller, less powerful government.

A society founded on the basis of the individual freedom that flourishes under a limited federal government has no place for discrimination. Of the many mischaracterizations made of me by the press, the most repugnant to me have been the intimations that I am a white supremacist or a member of some other noxious group.

Discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, creed, or anything of that sort is abhorrent to me. But more than that, it is ignorant.

The press has also intimated that my politics marches in lockstep with Steve Bannon's. I have great respect for Mr. Bannon, and from time to time I do discuss politics with him. However, I make my own decisions with respect to whom I support politically. Those decisions do not always align with Mr. Bannon's.

Without individuals thinking for themselves, society as a whole will struggle to distinguish the signal of truth from the correlated noise of conformity. I supported Milo Yiannopoulos in the hope and expectation that his expression of views contrary to the social mainstream and his spotlighting of the hypocrisy of those who would close down free speech in the name of political correctness would promote the type of open debate and freedom of thought that is being throttled on many American college campuses today. But in my opinion, actions of and statements by Mr. Yiannopoulos have caused pain and divisiveness undermining the open and productive discourse that I had hoped to facilitate. I was mistaken to have supported him, and for several weeks have been in the process of severing all ties with him.

For personal reasons, I have also decided to sell my stake in Breitbart News to my daughters.

I would also like to inform you of a decision I have reached with respect to my role at Renaissance, an organization I adore with colleagues whom I deeply respect and admire. I am 71 years old, the same age that Jim Simons was when he retired. I do not plan to retire, but I do plan to relinquish my management responsibilities.

Peter Brown and I have been Co-CEOs for the past eight years. On January 1, 2018, I will step down from my position as Co-CEO and resign from the board of directors. I will continue with the firm as a member of its technical staff, focusing on the research work that I find most fulfilling. Peter will continue on as CEO, and I will provide him with my counsel whenever he feels that I can be helpful to him and to the company where I have spent so many wonderful years.

RLM
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...v5P#.iyOOq73AE
    Old 11-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #55510
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Trump picks Jerome Powell to be Chairman of the Federal Reserve

Old 11-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #55511
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    Trump picks Jerome Powell to be Chairman of the Federal Reserve
    I haven't done much research on him...appears he'll be yellen-esque?
    MDPrompter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #55512
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdmarvich View Post
    Yeah, doubt anything at the Fed really changes. He's worked with Yellen for years.

It's significant because it's a powerful position changing hands. But it's insignificant in that there should be no deviation from current course of action.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #55513
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdmarvich View Post
    Slightly more hawkish if anything is s what I hear.

He was skeptical about QE the whole time but never made a stink.

He is not dogmatic when it comes to policy.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #55514
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    What is good about changing a law from 1950? I guess youre against separation of church and state then?
    As anti-gov as Shotgun is, I'm pretty sure he'd be totally cool with a church-run gov't.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #55515
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Republicans tax plan would prohibit state and local governments from issuing municipal bonds to build stadiums and arenas.

Supposed to save 20 million a year over 10 years.

Is this possible retribution for the NFL not making players stand??

Old 11-02-2017, 02:29 PM   #55516
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
    Republicans tax plan would prohibit state and local governments from issuing municipal bonds to build stadiums and arenas.

Supposed to save 20 million a year over 10 years.

Is this possible retribution for the NFL not making players stand??
    Probably
    It's smart policy to do this, but also anti small government to federally legislate this.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #55517
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Probably
    It's smart policy to do this, but also anti small government to federally legislate this.
    These type of bonds are all private activity and this subject to the AMT.

The tax plan also gets rid of the AMT (instead of simply adjusting it upward) so there could be a connection there.

If a municipality wants to build a sports complex and can float bonds to do it I don’t see a reason why they shouldn’t be allowed.

If they are going to do this than get make all private activity bonds taxable. Toll roads, airport terminal bonds, housing bonds.

Seems like a penny grab by the feds that can make a big difference to people and cities.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #55518
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aparker507 View Post
    So Donna Brazile told us everything we already knew. Interesting
    How this is not a bigger story in here (specifically for any Bernie supporters) is amazing to me. She just flat out slammed the DNC for how crooked they are- admittedly she is peddling a book but that doe snot necessarily make the information any less true.

Quote:
    My predecessor, Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, had not been the most active chair in fundraising at a time when President Barack Obama’s neglect had left the party in significant debt...Debbie was not a good manager. She hadn’t been very interested in controlling the party—she let Clinton’s headquarters in Brooklyn do as it desired so she didn’t have to inform the party officers how bad the situation was. The Saturday morning after the convention in July, I called Gary Gensler, the chief financial officer of Hillary’s campaign. He wasted no words. He told me the Democratic Party was broke and $2 million in debt. “What?” I screamed. “I am an officer of the party and they’ve been telling us everything is fine and they were raising money with no problems.” That wasn’t true, he said. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign and had been paying that off very slowly. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off until 2016...If I didn’t know about this, I assumed that none of the other officers knew about it, either. That was just Debbie’s way. In my experience she didn’t come to the officers of the DNC for advice and counsel. She seemed to make decisions on her own and let us know at the last minute what she had decided, as she had done when she told us about the hacking only minutes before the Washington Post broke the news.

I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process, as a cache of emails stolen by Russian hackers and posted online had suggested. I’d had my suspicions from the moment I walked in the door of the DNC a month or so earlier, based on the leaked emails. But who knew if some of them might have been forged? I needed to have solid proof, and so did Bernie. So I followed the money...By September 7...I had found my proof and it broke my heart...The [Clinton] campaign had the DNC on life support, giving it money every month to meet its basic expenses, while the campaign was using the party as a fund-raising clearing house. Under FEC law, an individual can contribute a maximum of $2,700 directly to a presidential campaign. But the limits are much higher for contributions to state parties and a party’s national committee.

Individuals who had maxed out their $2,700 contribution limit to the campaign could write an additional check for $353,400 to the Hillary Victory Fund—that figure represented $10,000 to each of the thirty-two states’ parties who were part of the Victory Fund agreement—$320,000—and $33,400 to the DNC. The money would be deposited in the states first, and transferred to the DNC shortly after that. Money in the battleground states usually stayed in that state, but all the other states funneled that money directly to the DNC, which quickly transferred the money to Brooklyn. “Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?” Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.
    Just wow. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...eague-n2403847
    Old 11-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #55519
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    How this is not a bigger story in here (specifically for any Bernie supporters) is amazing to me. She just flat out slammed the DNC for how crooked they are- admittedly she is peddling a book but that doe snot necessarily make the information any less true.

Because Bernie signed the same agreement with the DNC but then chose to user smaller donors. And dems voters preferred her over Bernie and still do. And she’s not the president

Brazile is mad at the DNC and is writing a book....she’s out for sales and revenge.

Last edited by DMBstandUP1984; 11-02-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #55520
    Route_2
    What Album?

My Tour Central Stats

Seems pretty small compared to the RNC enabling Russian collaboration with their party's nominee.
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #55521
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Seems like Biden is going to run. Those debates would be something else
    ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #55522
    ShotgunDMB

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    Yeah, has nothing to do w seperation of church and state. What are you even talking about?
    ShotgunDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #55523
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Right. I'm sure a bunch of people that already (hypocritically) pander to the Jesus crowd won't start taking absurd amounts of money from organizations that essentially have unlimited wealth. It'll be lobbying on steroids.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #55524
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I get a boner just thinking about that biden-ryan debate.
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #55525
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Because Bernie signed the same agreement with the DNC but then chose to user smaller donors. And dems voters preferred her over Bernie and still do. And she’s not the president

Brazile is mad at the DNC and is writing a book....she’s out for sales and revenge.
    Thanks, that is the first I had read of it. I knew she was trying to gin up sales for her book but was unaware that both hillary and bernie signed the same deal. What I do not get is how dem voters picked such a clearly flawed candidate though - yeah, she has name recognition but frankly in her case it probably was more harm than good to a campaign.
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #55526
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

There are many of us Democrats who have been speaking out against this since the whole Bernie-Hillary-DNC thing started to come to light. The DNC needs major reforms and it bothers me that more Democrats aren’t upset about this. Yes, even as a Democrat I have zero issue speaking out against my party.

Quote:
    Really don’t want more old white men running for office. I’d like someone younger, preferably. Biden’s a good guy, but I don’t think he needs to run. Though I wouldn’t be upset if he won.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    I get a boner just thinking about that biden-ryan debate.
    Biden would utterly obliterate Trump in a debate (if he’s still in office then). I can also imagine Trump would stoop so low as to say something insensitive about Biden’s son that passed away. “I like people who didn’t die, okay? I know the best people, alive people.”
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:42 PM   #55527
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks, that is the first I had read of it. I knew she was trying to gin up sales for her book but was unaware that both hillary and bernie signed the same deal. What I do not get is how dem voters picked such a clearly flawed candidate though - yeah, she has name recognition but frankly in her case it probably was more harm than good to a campaign.

Eh it was kinda just “her time” i gusss.

Don’t get me wrong what Hillary did with DNC helped her but rigged is a little far fetched. Bernie also isn’t really a Democrat but I think you’ll see many dems speaking out in support of Bernie over this to try and push his “movement” into the party.
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #55528
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    There are many of us Democrats who have been speaking out against this since the whole Bernie-Hillary-DNC thing started to come to light. The DNC needs major reforms and it bothers me that more Democrats aren’t upset about this. Yes, even as a Democrat I have zero issue speaking out against my party.

Really don’t want more old white men running for office. I’d like someone younger, preferably. Biden’s a good guy, but I don’t think he needs to run. Though I wouldn’t be upset if he won.

Biden would utterly obliterate Trump in a debate (if he’s still in office then). I can also imagine Trump would stoop so low as to say something insensitive about Biden’s son that passed away. “I like people who didn’t die, okay? I know the best people, alive people.”

Warren on CNN spoke out against it with Tapper
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:49 PM   #55529
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    Warren on CNN spoke out against it with Tapper
    Which is amazing. During the primaries we were waiting on her to endorse Bernie because she’s always been the “Progressive darling” of the Democratic Party. Then she avoided endorsing the progressive candidate and endorsed the centrist candidate. It was very surprising.
    Old 11-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #55530
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Which is amazing. During the primaries we were waiting on her to endorse Bernie because she’s always been the “Progressive darling” of the Democratic Party. Then she avoided endorsing the progressive candidate and endorsed the centrist candidate. It was very surprising.
    You were surprised that Warren endorsed HRC?
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote