New Album Coming Soon? - Page 635 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2022, 01:29 PM   #19021
Xcacel
Huge Carter's fan
 
Xcacel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,693

Shows Seen: 15

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
It was a guy over at TDC. He hasn't been active there since last year, though. (And hadn't been active previously, for that matter, despite the account being decades old.)

I see you found the posts over there, though.

Yeah, I though of asking him if he has news about the tracklist.
That account is used next to never, but whoever is that guy, he knew someone close to the band enough to give him that list of acronyms.
But he won’t reply, am 99% sure
__________________
Tucker Rogers, give me the key of the archive. I'll do the rest.
Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-23-2022, 01:31 PM   #19022
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan
     
    Xcacel's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 1,693

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dt129700 View Post
    Windows, like Early Home, is a great little tune to revisit when I'm in the right mood. But we have great recordings of each already, and no need to revisit songs like that.
    Windows is at the opposite side of the world in respect to Early Home. Just like Europe and Australia
    __________________
    Tucker Rogers, give me the key of the archive. I'll do the rest.
    Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:35 PM   #19023
    Alpine416
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 984

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveCrave41 View Post
    When the new album comes out I'm...

    1) popping a fresh a beer,
    2) loading a new cart, taking several rips,
    3) turning the lights down,
    4) putting noise canceling headphones on,
    5) and listening form beginning to end several times.

    Pretty much my ritual. What about you?
    Sounds good. I think the only added step is most of us will need hearing aids by the time it is out.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    I mean i just laugh at most of the dumb ones and move on (there are some longtime haters that have become a self parody at this point).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Alpine and I now best friends
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:36 PM   #19024
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan
     
    Xcacel's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 1,693

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Yes.

    Hence why Dave said something to the effect of he couldn’t stop tinkering.

    Some thought they were done pre-2021 summer tour. And then again that fall. And then again Jan/Feb……

    I’ll see if I can find anything out from this week to see why anyone should believe this one was different than the other times.

    I will say that Jeff and Rashawn both posting pictures about it means “something”. That’s not being coy or cryptic or hiding something that I’ve heard…it’s just within their “camp” when multiple people post multiple studio related pieces of content it generally is for a specific reason. I guess we will see….

    Just speculating here.
    Imo Alagia and friends had something already done, but they needed redoing/adding some parts. Nothing huge, little things. But having the guys in town helped a lot.
    If this went through, then you need to give Alagia and friends the time to remix the new stuff, master and see the final result. I’d say 3-4 months at least.

    Again, just speculating here.
    __________________
    Tucker Rogers, give me the key of the archive. I'll do the rest.
    Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:38 PM   #19025
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 53,150

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveCrave41 View Post
    When the new album comes out I'm...

    1) popping a fresh a beer,
    2) loading a new cart, taking several rips,
    3) turning the lights down,
    4) putting noise canceling headphones on,
    5) and listening form beginning to end several times.

    Pretty much my ritual. What about you?


    1) Getting the hell away from Ants
    2) Listening alone
    3) Repeat first two steps
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:39 PM   #19026
    Xcacel
    Huge Carter's fan
     
    Xcacel's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 1,693

    Shows Seen: 15

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveCrave41 View Post
    When the new album comes out I'm...

    1) popping a fresh a beer,
    2) loading a new cart, taking several rips,
    3) turning the lights down,
    4) putting noise canceling headphones on,
    5) and listening form beginning to end several times.

    Pretty much my ritual. What about you?

    1) Downloading on Apple Music
    2) Putting my best headphones on
    3) Starting bitching at what they have done
    4) Falling asleep after track 6
    __________________
    Tucker Rogers, give me the key of the archive. I'll do the rest.
    Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:44 PM   #19027
    NewOrleans
     
    Join Date: Sep 2022
    Posts: 113

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
    1) Downloading on Apple Music
    2) Putting my best headphones on
    3) Starting bitching at what they have done
    4) Falling asleep after track 6
    This more likely than not. I remember the first time I heard Away From the World, I solemnly stopped it around If Only. Took a deep breath. Lowered my head. And just felt empty inside.
    NewOrleans is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:45 PM   #19028
    cmyers2
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Posts: 411

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
    Just speculating here.
    Imo Alagia and friends had something already done, but they needed redoing/adding some parts. Nothing huge, little things. But having the guys in town helped a lot.
    If this went through, then you need to give Alagia and friends the time to remix the new stuff, master and see the final result. I’d say 3-4 months at least.

    Again, just speculating here.
    If it was just a song or 2 then that can be remixed and mastered in a matter of days, don't think they would have been there for only a day if it was for much more than a few finishing touches....and the rest of the album could already be at the final mastered stage
    cmyers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:45 PM   #19029
    kmb40oz
     
    kmb40oz's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Location: Baltimore, MD
    Posts: 1,670

    Shows Seen: 25

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    I'm gonna sit in my car outside the Best Buy, spend a few frantic seconds trying to peal off the plastic wrapper, put the CD into my car stereo, and then get immediately disappointed when Angel starts...Oh wait, that was the release of Everyday.
    __________________
    "Chase Utley you are the man"!
    kmb40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:47 PM   #19030
    dmbnut21
     
    dmbnut21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Posts: 4,295

    Shows Seen: 75

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    If this album does somehow release before the Fall Tour I'm honestly going to be a little salty. We decided to skip the Fall Tour and the WH ordering period since there wasn't a new album announced and we have already done 6 shows this tour (and did MSG last fall).
    dmbnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:49 PM   #19031
    NewOrleans
     
    Join Date: Sep 2022
    Posts: 113

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmb40oz View Post
    I'm gonna sit in my car outside the Best Buy, spend a few frantic seconds trying to peal off the plastic wrapper, put the CD into my car stereo, and then get immediately disappointed when Angel starts...Oh wait, that was the release of Everyday.
    Haha. I feel you here. I skipped my first class in high school to go pick it up at Best Buy on a cold February morning. I couldn't even sleep the night before I was so excited. I never ditched school, so this was a big deal too. I figured I had almost enough time on the drive to listen to all of the CD. But by If I Had it All, I was just like WTF man.

    I actually love Everyday now. It has stood the test of time and looking back at it 20 years later. It's a great album. Just wayyyyy different than what any fan wanted at the time post Lillywhite sessions. It's taken 20 years to remove myself from the hurt it caused me, and I can really enjoy it now. Almost like listening to a one off from a band you've never heard from again. Like what happened to these guys? LOL.
    NewOrleans is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:50 PM   #19032
    NewOrleans
     
    Join Date: Sep 2022
    Posts: 113

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbnut21 View Post
    If this album does somehow release before the Fall Tour I'm honestly going to be a little salty. We decided to skip the Fall Tour and the WH ordering period since there wasn't a new album announced and we have already done 6 shows this tour (and did MSG last fall).
    Get that salt out my man.
    NewOrleans is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:52 PM   #19033
    Alpine416
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 984

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbnut21 View Post
    If this album does somehow release before the Fall Tour I'm honestly going to be a little salty. We decided to skip the Fall Tour and the WH ordering period since there wasn't a new album announced and we have already done 6 shows this tour (and did MSG last fall).
    It would be absolutely ridiculous to release the album before the fall tour at this point and doesn't really make sense to do so after it ends. See ya in 2023.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    I mean i just laugh at most of the dumb ones and move on (there are some longtime haters that have become a self parody at this point).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Alpine and I now best friends
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:54 PM   #19034
    NewOrleans
     
    Join Date: Sep 2022
    Posts: 113

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alpine416 View Post
    It would be absolutely ridiculous to release the album before the fall tour at this point and doesn't really make sense to do so after it ends. See ya in 2023.
    I would actually lean towards them doing it because nothing they've done thus far has made sense. It would make sense.
    NewOrleans is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 01:57 PM   #19035
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 836

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Lol. They fired boyd after tickets went on sale. (At least as far as the public knew) You don’t think they’re capable of dropping an album without announcing it before a tour?
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 02:02 PM   #19036
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 836

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Also we are potentially getting 3-5 of the “new album” tunes every other stop anyway. Not much would change except a few new tunes rotated in.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 02:04 PM   #19037
    cmyers2
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Posts: 411

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    There has been chatter here and there from legit sources of a surprise album drop, so maybe that plan is still in the works for this fall?
    cmyers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #19038
    ToySoldier#34
     
    ToySoldier#34's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Posts: 53,150

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Maybe DMB management will announce a specific date and then they'll surprisingly drop it on that date
    __________________
    Make E1 Great Again
    ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 02:51 PM   #19039
    Alpine416
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 984

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Also we are potentially getting 3-5 of the “new album” tunes every other stop anyway. Not much would change except a few new tunes rotated in.
    I agree the whole "Album tour bad ahhhh" mindset is a bit much because it basically is this. That being said it is still ridiculous to have an "album tour" when the tour has already been announced and public onsale is underway.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    I mean i just laugh at most of the dumb ones and move on (there are some longtime haters that have become a self parody at this point).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    Alpine and I now best friends
    Alpine416 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 03:25 PM   #19040
    Gunz
     
    Join Date: Sep 2021
    Posts: 836

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alpine416 View Post
    I agree the whole "Album tour bad ahhhh" mindset is a bit much because it basically is this. That being said it is still ridiculous to have an "album tour" when the tour has already been announced and public onsale is underway.
    Yeah but maybe they just drop a new album and play some shows around the time it comes out.
    Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 03:38 PM   #19041
    NewOrleans
     
    Join Date: Sep 2022
    Posts: 113

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NewOrleans View Post
    Open a fresh carton of milk.
    Drop some acid.
    Smoke a pork belly.
    Make some Ramen.
    Put the smoked pork belly on the ramen.
    Eat it.
    Get my disco ball on.
    Lock all the doors and get naked.
    Rub body butter all over myself.
    Put my clothes back on.
    Grab my Sony CD walkman and headphones.
    Attempt to stream the album through it.
    Realize I need a cassette instead.
    Run to the store.
    I fall down and hit my head because I'm all slippery from the body butter.
    I wake up and the new album is playing on my JBL.
    Someone else got it first and hit play.
    Who was it?
    We'll never know.
    I groove out anyway.
    Post about it here.
    Get into some not so fun conversations, and some fun ones.
    Go to confession.
    Feel better about everything.
    Listen to the album in the car on the way home.
    Listen again in bed.
    Wake up tomorrow and do it all again.
    Maybe the new album will be called acid and milk.
    NewOrleans is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 04:01 PM   #19042
    Dannyyankou
     
    Dannyyankou's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Westchester, NY
    Posts: 32,442

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    I keep coming back to this video-

    https://twitter.com/dmbgorgecrew/sta...RWBzZNjF_tEhww

    Maybe it's just a warm-up, but it sure looks like they're reading sheet music
    Dannyyankou is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 04:09 PM   #19043
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 26,405

    Shows Seen: 63

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Listen to it on your shittiest headphones (or some $30 portable radio jobbie) so you don't notice the awful mastering as much.
    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 04:23 PM   #19044
    DaveCrave41
     
    DaveCrave41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Location: Atlanta, GA
    Posts: 601

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    I think for the most part, taking more time to work on a piece of art probably yields the best results. But all this "tinkering" sure is making me nervous. Is there such thing as too many layers/over production?
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carson31 View Post
    Maybe we'll get more news come tomorrow? A new single soon? Come On!

    Awesome that fans had the opportunity to ask Mark about DMB. Hopefully he didn't catch the red glare of anyone else involved.
    DaveCrave41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 04:41 PM   #19045
    Cross the ice
     
    Cross the ice's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Posts: 171

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveCrave41 View Post
    I think for the most part, taking more time to work on a piece of art probably yields the best results. But all this "tinkering" sure is making me nervous. Is there such thing as too many layers/over production?
    Is there such a thing as over production? Yes, listen to BTCS. Heavy sounding. Great songs. The only producer to simplify things and really bring out the band has been Batson. Would love to hear what he could have done with the Big 3.
    Cross the ice is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 04:46 PM   #19046
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues
     
    Speilmen230's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: Denver, CO
    Posts: 32,400

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cross the ice View Post
    Is there such a thing as over production? Yes, listen to BTCS. Heavy sounding. Great songs. The only producer to simplify things and really bring out the band has been Batson. Would love to hear what he could have done with the Big 3.
    Are you serious, Clark?
    __________________
    -Jesse-
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 04:53 PM   #19047
    DaveCrave41
     
    DaveCrave41's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Location: Atlanta, GA
    Posts: 601

    Shows Seen: 23

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cross the ice View Post
    Is there such a thing as over production? Yes, listen to BTCS. Heavy sounding. Great songs. The only producer to simplify things and really bring out the band has been Batson. Would love to hear what he could have done with the Big 3.
    Gonna take this as satire and enjoy my weekend LOLOL
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carson31 View Post
    Maybe we'll get more news come tomorrow? A new single soon? Come On!

    Awesome that fans had the opportunity to ask Mark about DMB. Hopefully he didn't catch the red glare of anyone else involved.
    DaveCrave41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 04:53 PM   #19048
    ericvol
     
    ericvol's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Charleston, SC
    Posts: 3,142

    Shows Seen: 40

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    I believe it is finished/finished this time. I feel it in my bones.
    __________________
    "I will go in this way, and find my own way out."
    ericvol is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 05:19 PM   #19049
    bibby1044
     
    bibby1044's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Location: Scranton, PA
    Posts: 6,709

    Shows Seen: 61

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    This thread has some new life. Laughed at multiple posts since yesterday. This place is great when there’s actual hints of news.

    I also will try to listen to the album 10 times through, gathering my thoughts on each song prior to coming here so I can’t be swung either way.
    bibby1044 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-23-2022, 05:22 PM   #19050
    bibby1044
     
    bibby1044's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Location: Scranton, PA
    Posts: 6,709

    Shows Seen: 61

    Re: New Album Coming Soon?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dannyyankou View Post
    I keep coming back to this video-

    https://twitter.com/dmbgorgecrew/sta...RWBzZNjF_tEhww

    Maybe it's just a warm-up, but it sure looks like they're reading sheet music
    Are we sure that’s not something they used for anything this past weekend? I hope it’s not and we have some other dark tune that it’ll fit with.
    bibby1044 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram