Favorite beer of choice? - Page 1069 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 10-18-2017, 07:17 AM   #32041
TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Favorite beer of choice?

Dancing Gnome releases their collab with Magnify brewing today. Hoping theres some cans left when I get over there from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
TheLastPig is online now   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #32042
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone have a good BCBS hook up for black friday? A part time job at Binny's?

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #32043
    myersk27

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
    Anyone have a good BCBS hook up for black friday? A part time job at Binny's?

Just regular bcbs? Thats usually pretty easy to get around here. Think I got 18 regular bottles because I stopped buying it. Got 12 bottles of the coffee last year.

Unfortunately I don’t plan on hunting this year because I’m done with waiting in lines. I’m going to New Day instead for their bourbon barrel aged coffee black raspberry mead.
    Old 10-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #32044
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

My Tour Central Stats

Yes! Im always looking to trade for fresh regular, coffee, loved the barleywine a few years ago but dont think they've done the 12oz since, vanilla again someday hopefully...really loved them all. That is one thing we just dont get much of up here, maybe 25 cases make it into the entire state? Last year we got the larger bottles (forget if they were 16.9 or 22) but they were a single bottle limit, and gone in an hour, most places had it sold / reserved before it even hit the shelf. Now I did roll thru a case of KBS last year, as the half dozen cases my local market received sat for weeks...but I much prefer Bourbon County.

Granted, there are much better ba stouts out there, but for the price / availability I think its at the top. We also dont get any Bell's distro up here, is Black Note still a thing? How is that these days as far as production?

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #32045
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I'm done with BCBS and Goose Island's exclusive shit in general. Too much of a hassle to get that shit around here and it's not even that great anymore. AB ruined it, that shitbag corporation.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #32046
    krecster23
    Kevin

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    I am but their releases are basically impossible to get to. GNVP released yesterday at 3pm and the only warning was an instagram post about it a few hours before. Unless you work a third shift or have free reign to leave work when you want they’re next to impossible to get.
    Damn. thats crazy. thanks for the info. Ya the beer scene is crazy these days.

2022Tour: Mansfield, Hartford, Alpine, SPAC, and Gorge
    krecster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #32047
    krecster23
    Kevin

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrettG19DMBFan View Post
    When they opened their Erie location last September, I was fortunate to get a text from a friend saying they were going to the opening the next morning. My wife was working all day that day so I said sure.

ManBearPig on tap! As well as a bunch of their other BA beers. Was definitely worth the trip from Buffalo.

I haven't had a single sip of alcohol in 31 days. Been a tough road, as I was an obsessive serial untappd checkin'er. Been a nice change though for sure.

Started writing some thoughts down about how craft beer wasn't doing me any favors, and then even considered writing a book. "UNGLUED: How Untappd, and the World of Craft Beer Nearly Ruined My Life" A story about money spent during the obsessive thrill of the hunt. I've seen friendships also lost over beer, due mostly to money and trades that have fallen through, etc. It's a really dark and ridiculous world if you are in deep, and beer is supposed to be fun LOL

I wanna go back to just drinking Blue Light eventually, but needed an extensive break from what had become a costly bad habit. No more Monkish, Tree House, Hoof Hearted porch bombs that my wife won't understand that's for sure.

All that said, I've been jonesin for a good NE IPA, and up here some places have been getting a lot of great stuff lately (Industrial Arts, Equilibrium, etc.). Sucks, but need to stay strong.
    Evrytime I think about scaling down, I come across a new ipa I haven't had that I absolutely love. At the moment it is Dhop2 by Equilibrium. I also have like 30-40+ cans of fresh hops at the moment.

2022Tour: Mansfield, Hartford, Alpine, SPAC, and Gorge
    krecster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #32048
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes! Im always looking to trade for fresh regular, coffee, loved the barleywine a few years ago but dont think they've done the 12oz since, vanilla again someday hopefully...really loved them all. That is one thing we just dont get much of up here, maybe 25 cases make it into the entire state? Last year we got the larger bottles (forget if they were 16.9 or 22) but they were a single bottle limit, and gone in an hour, most places had it sold / reserved before it even hit the shelf. Now I did roll thru a case of KBS last year, as the half dozen cases my local market received sat for weeks...but I much prefer Bourbon County.

Granted, there are much better ba stouts out there, but for the price / availability I think its at the top. We also dont get any Bell's distro up here, is Black Note still a thing? How is that these days as far as production?
    I don't go hunting big time, but usually come across a few bottles pretty easily. So while I couldn't send a ton, if it's something you struggle to get would be glad to part with a bottle along with some Minnesota/Midwest beers.

You white, then you Ben Affleck.
    UNC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2017, 05:27 AM   #32049
    myersk27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

2015 was the first year for the 16.9oz bottles. They made that transition to the whole series being in 16.9oz bottles at that point. So no more bombers or 12oz bottles. They did 12oz bottles every year before going back to 2005. I definitely remember 2006-2008/2009 where those 12oz bottles just sat on shelves because nobody even considered cellaring beer back then. at least around here that's how it was. I think interest skyrocketed in 2010 with the first Vanilla, Rare, and Coffee all in bombers. 2011 things were much harder to get...and I'll forever miss Bramble Rye which to date is still my favorite variant of bourbon county. Totally agree that BCBS and any variant is superior to KBS. I was drinking bourbon county coffee on tap on saturday and drank it side by side with KBS and KBS basically tasted like nothing after a few glugs of bourbon county coffee. and i love KBS. Had almost 2 cases of it this year and my stock is now low.

Black Note is still a thing. Yes. They've released it I think like 4 or 5 times now in 12oz bottles and once in 750's back in 2011. I still have a few bottles left. And they actually just released bottles about a week or two ago and I believe it's supposed to hit distribution soon. But it's not nearly as good as their Barrel Aged 30th anniversary stout and the Barrel Aged Expedition. Black Note is a solid 3rd though IMO.
    Old 10-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #32050
    BrettG19DMBFan

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by krecster23 View Post
    Evrytime I think about scaling down, I come across a new ipa I haven't had that I absolutely love. At the moment it is Dhop2 by Equilibrium. I also have like 30-40+ cans of fresh hops at the moment.
    Getting over that compulsive need to feel like I had to try everything was the toughest part. I deleted my Untappd, stopped following all the breweries on social media, and dumped or gave away everything I had in my fridge or cellar.

Seems to have worked. Disconnecting was the best way to go, for me at least.
    BrettG19DMBFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2017, 05:46 AM   #32051
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

FYI for anyone looking to visit Allagash soon... they have started charging for flights.

https://www.allagash.com/blog/change...om/?ao_confirm

It always seemed insane to me that they were free. It was beyond packed the last time I was up there and I guess it's like that all the time now. Can't imagine how much money they were giving away.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2017, 05:56 AM   #32052
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Tried the hitchhiker count chocula stout last night. Kind of disappointed. Didnt realize it was a milk stout.. and it lacked in body and chocolate.

Couldve been worse but I was hoping for much more.

Quote:
    Old 10-19-2017, 06:01 AM   #32053
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Tree House Brewery

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Old 10-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #32054
    Timebomb07

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Found a nice brewery in Downtown San Diego yesterday - Resident Brewing. Definitely recommend if anyone is in the area. Will be a frequent stop when I move out here.
    Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2017, 07:41 AM   #32055
    jmc419

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timebomb07 View Post
    Found a nice brewery in Downtown San Diego yesterday - Resident Brewing. Definitely recommend if anyone is in the area. Will be a frequent stop when I move out here.
    I'll be in town in March and planned to do a brewery tour.

You recommend any others?
    jmc419 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #32056
    myersk27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    San Diego is loaded.....I'd spend a lot of time at Modern Times if I lived there.
    Old 10-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #32057
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nice find! San Diego has a had a good beer scene for a while, with not much competition from anywhere. Up in San Clemente, where I grew up, there is a brewery called Left Coast. Had some when I was out there over the summer and was good, not great, but good. They did a collab with PizzaPort (a great pizza joint with their own brews in San Diego) and Artifex Brewery (also in San Clemente) that I really wanted to try called South County IPA. I think they have cans right now or at least on tap. If you have the time to drive north up the 5, check them out

http://leftcoastbrewing.com

Last edited by whodat; 10-19-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #32058
    myersk27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
    Tree House Brewery

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    heard they're kind of ok
    Old 10-19-2017, 08:06 AM   #32059
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmc419 View Post

While not in San Diego, the big name in the greater Southern California area is Monkish. They are up closer LA, Torrence to be exact, and are producing killer IPAs right now. One of the issues, if you want to get cans, is that they announce can releases a few hours prior and the lines are nuts. I have not been to the brewery, nor done a can release, just been able to trade for a can a couple of times and was very impressed.

http://www.monkishbrewing.com
    Old 10-19-2017, 08:09 AM   #32060
    myersk27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    While not in San Diego, the big name in the greater Southern California area is Monkish. They are up closer LA, Torrence to be exact, and are producing killer IPAs right now. One of the issues, if you want to get cans, is that they announce can releases a few hours prior and the lines are nuts. I have not been to the brewery, nor done a can release, just been able to trade for a can a couple of times and was very impressed.

http://www.monkishbrewing.com
    yeah i've had a few of their beers....great stuff for sure.
    Old 10-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #32061
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by myersk27 View Post
    yeah i've had a few of their beers....great stuff for sure.
    I wish I could get more of it, just hard to nail down. I have tried to line up trades a few other times and it was stupidly tough to get it done. I think because Monkish is the only game in town, and so sought after, most people trading their beers hold out for the highest bidder type crap. It is fucking beer, I will trade you one can for one can, or equal cans for equal cans. Nothing more, nothing less. It is that simple.
    Old 10-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #32062
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    One more note, if you have already not, and have the time, go to Pizza Port in Ocean Beach. You will not be disappointed. They make all their own beers, tons on tap all the time, and the pizza is really good as well. Plus that location (at the end of the 8, just north of Downtown San Diego) is in a great spot to enjoy an afternoon or catch a sunset over the ocean.
    Old 10-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #32063
    myersk27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I wish I could get more of it, just hard to nail down. I have tried to line up trades a few other times and it was stupidly tough to get it done. I think because Monkish is the only game in town, and so sought after, most people trading their beers hold out for the highest bidder type crap. It is fucking beer, I will trade you one can for one can, or equal cans for equal cans. Nothing more, nothing less. It is that simple.
    yeah i think there are a lot of people who trade Tree House cans in similar fashion. I wonder if this will change a little bit as TH has definitely increased their production. 12 cans of Green today per person is so awesome.

Personally, I have never tried to trade for Monkish....it's not worth it to me anymore for the exact reasons you stated.
    Old 10-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #32064
    cpxc.

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/P...s/201710190025
    Old 10-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #32065
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cpxc. View Post
    heard about this last week. Pitt sucks.

Quote:
    Old 10-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #32066
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by myersk27 View Post
    yeah i think there are a lot of people who trade Tree House cans in similar fashion. I wonder if this will change a little bit as TH has definitely increased their production. 12 cans of Green today per person is so awesome.

Personally, I have never tried to trade for Monkish....it's not worth it to me anymore for the exact reasons you stated.
    Follow up to my early comment about Monkish can realeases. They announced a single can release today at 2:00 pm PDT, can goes on sale at 4:00 pm PDT, 2-3 4 packs per person, sold out in less then 2 hours.
    Old 10-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #32067
    SomeDo
    Some people do

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Did someone say stout MBB?!
    SomeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-19-2017, 06:52 PM   #32068
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Grabbed some Mosaic Jam as a consolation prize for missing out on Dancing Gnome’s collab and Brew Gents doublemex.

This one of my absolute favorite beers.

Quote:
    Old 10-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #32069
    Timebomb07

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmc419 View Post

Didn't really get much time to explore the beer scene, but there's a ton around, including some of the bigger hitters like Stone and Modern Times. I'm in Coronado today and plan to hit them up later on.

Quote:
    Nice find! San Diego has a had a good beer scene for a while, with not much competition from anywhere. Up in San Clemente, where I grew up, there is a brewery called Left Coast. Had some when I was out there over the summer and was good, not great, but good. They did a collab with PizzaPort (a great pizza joint with their own brews in San Diego) and Artifex Brewery (also in San Clemente) that I really wanted to try called South County IPA. I think they have cans right now or at least on tap. If you have the time to drive north up the 5, check them out

http://leftcoastbrewing.com
    Nice! Without a car we are kinda limited, but will for sure keep it in mind for next summer.

Quote:
    One more note, if you have already not, and have the time, go to Pizza Port in Ocean Beach. You will not be disappointed. They make all their own beers, tons on tap all the time, and the pizza is really good as well. Plus that location (at the end of the 8, just north of Downtown San Diego) is in a great spot to enjoy an afternoon or catch a sunset over the ocean.
    Another one to table for the move. Know of anything in the Mission Valley area? Toured a few apartments in that area and 99% sure that's where I'll end up.
    Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #32070
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Didn't really get much time to explore the beer scene, but there's a ton around, including some of the bigger hitters like Stone and Modern Times. I'm in Coronado today and plan to hit them up later on.
    Love Coronado. Did you go to the Hotel del Coronado? Or just hit up the beach and area that looks back into downtown?

Quote:
    Nice! Without a car we are kinda limited, but will for sure keep it in mind for next summer.
    Plan on lots of driving next summer. You can simply go up and down PCH every weekend and enjoy perfect summer days.

Quote:
    Another one to table for the move. Know of anything in the Mission Valley area? Toured a few apartments in that area and 99% sure that's where I'll end up.
    Mission Valley is close to SDSU, and that is a one area of San Diego I never spent much time in. With that being the college area, there has to be stuff over there. Plus you are not that far from downtown, Mission Bay, Pacific Beach. La Jolla is a little further north, then you can just skip up PCH to hit all the spots along the coast up to Oceanside.