***The Return to the Gorge 2011!!!!*** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 12-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #31
Num4TOne
Smoke Clouds Roll In

Shows Seen: 64

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***The Return to the Gorge 2011?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTAD83 View Post
I go to Alpine every year and if this happens will not pass on the Gorge again. Wanted to this year but didn't work. From what I have heard is the sights at the Gorge are just unbelievable. Can't wait to get out there.

there is ABSOLUTELY nothing like walking over the crest of the lawn on your way into the venue.....breathfuckingtaking is the only word that i can come up with.......its just out of this world beautiful.....innnnnnnnnnndescribable..see it once and it owns u....ull be back every year

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #32
    jordanbball17
    Black lives matter

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExperienceJones View Post
    Most likely it will be difficult to get tickets initially, then when it gets closer people will begin to bail out and the tickets will flood the ticket exchange forum. Just take a look at the amount of Vegas tickets in there right now. You could hardly find a ticket to that when they were originally goign on sale, now they are a dime a dozen it seems.
    Very true. I'm sure I'll be able to find the tickets I want if this show does happen. I don't know why I'm freaking out.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Num4TOne View Post
    the gorge isnt really that expensive....im from ct...and i do it comfortably with about 1200....that includes tickets/air/rental car....plus its a 4 day rage fest with your best friends in the most beautiful place ever.......its worth each and every last penny for the memories and new friendships you walk away with
    I feel like every Gorge show I see, I meet more awesome people. I'm almost always impressed by the type of people I meet at the Gorge.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by STLDAVE41 View Post
    and i agree with this, but the two venues we have spoken of, i would approximate 70% of the attendees are mid-long distance travelers anyways...give or take. at alpine i saw license plates from NY, Quebec, South Dakota, CA, etc...

not everyone will get to go, due to the high demand. but i think with you living so close to the Gorge, you will have an advantage to get tickets as opposed to us that live a great distance away. the WH website might implode if Dave backs his words up...
    See, I don't think this is necessarily true. I mean, WH doesn't allocate tickets based on proximity to the venue. I can see bad people putting in requests for as many tickets as possible to this hypothetical show and then jacking the prices up and making all of us real fans pay.

I guess in terms of Craigslist ads and stuff I have the advantage since the local market will have more Gorge tickets available then say an East Coast craiglist. But that's really all I can think of.
    Quote:
    i would suggest doing it if applicable. but i would rather go to the Gorge as opposed to teh Valleyz...sorry Alpiners. just my preference

but it is great, gets awesome sets, great vibe before and after shows...but im sure the Gorge has the same thing, if not better
    I will definitely do my best to try and get out there sometime while DMB is still playing. The only other outdoor venue I've seen a DMB show at is Cricket Wireless Pavilion in Phoenix, and that was...interesting, to say the least. Not a great crowd, but it was a great show. Anyway, it would be nice to see DMB at another venue known for its good crowds and good shows!
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #33
    jordanbball17
    Black lives matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I go to Alpine every year and if this happens will not pass on the Gorge again. Wanted to this year but didn't work. From what I have heard is the sights at the Gorge are just unbelievable. Can't wait to get out there.
    You. Need. To. Go. Enough said.
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #34
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    same here. i wont let myself miss out again. been wanting to go for 10+ years. i would still do Alpine...cant pass that up. but would definitely do Gorge, despite the costs.

but i am a single guy, that lives alone, with not too heavy of monthly expenses...so i have flexibility and can set aside some "Gorge Money." may be the name of the savings account i open
    STLDAVE41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #35
    ExperienceJones
    Go Cougs!

Shows Seen: 60

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    and i agree with this, but the two venues we have spoken of, i would approximate 70% of the attendees are mid-long distance travelers anyways...give or take. at alpine i saw license plates from NY, Quebec, South Dakota, CA, etc...
    There are a lot of people from all over at the gorge, but I'd say 70% of them are from Wash, Oreg, Idaho, Cali and BC...not really too far away. At least no way that only 30% of the people there are "locals".
    ExperienceJones is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #36
    jordanbball17
    Black lives matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    same here. i wont let myself miss out again. been wanting to go for 10+ years. i would still do Alpine...cant pass that up. but would definitely do Gorge, despite the costs.

but i am a single guy, that lives alone, with not too heavy of monthly expenses...so i have flexibility and can set aside some "Gorge Money." may be the name of the savings account i open
    I was just thinking of doing this! I was maybe thinking of putting aside like $20 a week until next summer...I'm sure that would add up to enough!
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #37
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    there is ABSOLUTELY nothing like walking over the crest of the lawn on your way into the venue.....breathfuckingtaking is the only word that i can come up with.......its just out of this world beautiful.....innnnnnnnnnndescribable..see it once and it owns u....ull be back every year
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordanbball17 View Post
    You. Need. To. Go. Enough said.
    Quote:

Believe me this has been a dream of mine since I first saw a picture of the Gorge back in 1997 when I was a fucking hs freshman Last year was the year I could finally do it financially, but could not get the time off to go. If this happens there is no way I can pass again, and already have the gf and friends on board for a trip. My buddy would be getting married a few weeks after these shows and this is what they wanna do for a honeymoon even if it's before they're married. I'd have no problem helping them get tix that's gonna be my wedding gift if this comes true

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bila View Post
    i went to bed at 6pm cuz i was so high from smoking too much of this good weed. you cant overdose, you can just pass out.
    UTTAD83 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #38
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordanbball17 View Post
    See, I don't think this is necessarily true. I mean, WH doesn't allocate tickets based on proximity to the venue. I can see bad people putting in requests for as many tickets as possible to this hypothetical show and then jacking the prices up and making all of us real fans pay.

I guess in terms of Craigslist ads and stuff I have the advantage since the local market will have more Gorge tickets available then say an East Coast craiglist. But that's really all I can think of.

I will definitely do my best to try and get out there sometime while DMB is still playing. The only other outdoor venue I've seen a DMB show at is Cricket Wireless Pavilion in Phoenix, and that was...interesting, to say the least. Not a great crowd, but it was a great show. Anyway, it would be nice to see DMB at another venue known for its good crowds and good shows!
    1. one of my biggest pet peeves. unfortunately, its the world we live in and we have to deal with it.

2. this is what i was trying to refer to...but didnt do a good job at explaining .

3. i havent had this problem at Alpine. you find your drunk fools everywhere, and i definitely drink quite a bit while there...but i am there for the shows and 6+ hours of great music. for the most part, the Alpine crowd is really good it makes for a great show/experience. im sure the Gorge has the same vibe
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #39
    Num4TOne
    Smoke Clouds Roll In

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExperienceJones View Post
    There are a lot of people from all over at the gorge, but I'd say 70% of them are from Wash, Oreg, Idaho, Cali and BC...not really too far away. At least no way that only 30% of the people there are "locals".

yea agreed with this. You litterally meet people from everywhere though...ive got new freinds from as far away as the netherlands and new zealand (spelling?) IL, FL Alberta.

But yea the local crowd is def comprised of Nor cal OR WA and ID

Holy shit im so excited its disgusting
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #40
    canes101190
    No Worries

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, let's do this. I'll be due for another vacation come late 2011
    canes101190 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #41
    ExperienceJones
    Go Cougs!

Shows Seen: 60

My Tour Central Stats

bACARDI AND COLA, DO IT!
    ExperienceJones is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #42
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Believe me this has been a dream of mine since I first saw a picture of the Gorge back in 1997 when I was a fucking hs freshman Last year was the year I could finally do it financially, but could not get the time off to go. If this happens there is no way I can pass again, and already have the gf and friends on board for a trip. My buddy would be getting married a few weeks after these shows and this is what they wanna do for a honeymoon even if it's before they're married. I'd have no problem helping them get tix that's gonna be my wedding gift if this comes true
    that would be very cool. and im with you, i am few years younger than you, but i now have the job and financial capability to make this happen. plus, my work is fairly flexible so it will happen for sure. ive wanted to go ever since i google imaged it at some point a long time ago. and then the CD/DVD came out and i must have watched it 100 times that year. wanted to be there ever since. see ya there man
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #43
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by canes101190 View Post
    Yeah, let's do this. I'll be due for another vacation come late 2011
    you live in a vacation spot buddy! you are a perma-vacationer! just kidding, and showing jealousy because it is about 30 degrees here today
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #44
    Num4TOne
    Smoke Clouds Roll In

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    you live in a vacation spot buddy! you are a perma-vacationer! just kidding, and showing jealousy because it is about 30 degrees here today
    FACT hahaha
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #45
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    FACT hahaha
    you need to change your sig from 'i miss gorge' to "FUCK YEAH 2011 GORGE...WAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #46
    Num4TOne
    Smoke Clouds Roll In

My Tour Central Stats

done and done
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #47
    UTTAD83
    Mr. Rodgers

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    that would be very cool. and im with you, i am few years younger than you, but i now have the job and financial capability to make this happen. plus, my work is fairly flexible so it will happen for sure. ive wanted to go ever since i google imaged it at some point a long time ago. and then the CD/DVD came out and i must have watched it 100 times that year. wanted to be there ever since. see ya there man

Haha right on man Although, I am really really hoping they do play Alpine I can't help it I love the place and so happy it's only 40 min away.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bila View Post
    i went to bed at 6pm cuz i was so high from smoking too much of this good weed. you cant overdose, you can just pass out.
    UTTAD83 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #48
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Haha right on man Although, I am really really hoping they do play Alpine I can't help it I love the place and so happy it's only 40 min away.
    oh yeah, me too. i would do both. not a bad haul for me...but nowhere near 40 mins! so far, nothing compares to Alpine for me in terms of concert experience. i will go back every year DMB is there...without a doubt.

how great would 2011 be with a July 4th Alpine and a Labor Day Gorge? holy batman...getting excited just thinking about it
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #49
    jiggajm18
    Joe

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the gorge isnt really that expensive....im from ct...and i do it comfortably with about 1200....that includes tickets/air/rental car....plus its a 4 day rage fest with your best friends in the most beautiful place ever.......its worth each and every last penny for the memories and new friendships you walk away with
    so true. my only regret is that it took me so long to get out there.
    jiggajm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #50
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    done and done
    you actually did it! im changing mine...
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #51
    Num4TOne
    Smoke Clouds Roll In

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    you actually did it! im changing mine...
    hahaha YUPPPPP
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #52
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

dagnabbit i am getting excited thinking about this...please let it happen. i just marked off my calendar at work
    Old 12-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #53
    Num4TOne
    Smoke Clouds Roll In

My Tour Central Stats

Walmart in Ephrata isnt ready for the anual hell we unleash upon it hahahaha
    Old 12-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #54
    Doofie27
    Is a filthy Poser

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

i'm looking forward to going and camping alone for the first time. dont have any ball and chains holding me back this time. A campground full of horny, drunk women listening to dave matthews = _____. (somebody fill me in because I havent been able to find the answer yet.)
    Old 12-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #55
    Num4TOne
    Smoke Clouds Roll In

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doofie27 View Post
    i'm looking forward to going and camping alone for the first time. dont have any ball and chains holding me back this time. A campground full of horny, drunk women listening to dave matthews = _____. (somebody fill me in because I havent been able to find the answer yet.)

i think YUP works nicely here
    Old 12-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #56
    Balor3012

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

If school starts late again as it did this year, I'm there
    Balor3012 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #57
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doofie27 View Post
    A campground full of horny, drunk women listening to dave matthews = _____. (somebody fill me in because I havent been able to find the answer yet.)
    Disease Utopia

just kidding. i was so caught up in the shows, and then hotboxing this guy's trailblazer at Alpine this year that women were the last thing on my mind. rarely do i turn down some sexual healing...but i might be so lost in the atmosphere if this happens that, once again, women are the last thing on my mind. i guess as i age my hormones decrease immensely
    Old 12-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #58
    Num4TOne
    Smoke Clouds Roll In

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Disease Utopia

just kidding. i was so caught up in the shows, and then hotboxing this guy's trailblazer at Alpine this year that women were the last thing on my mind. rarely do i turn down some sexual healing...but i might be so lost in the atmosphere if this happens that, once again, women are the last thing on my mind. i guess as i age my hormones decrease immensely
    sounds about right hahaha
    Old 12-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #59
    STLDAVE41
    #TIC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    sounds about right hahaha
    even though we have never met...you know me all too well
    Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #60
    pinkhippo77

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Started squirreling away pennies earlier this year for '12; may have to kick in some OT soon! I don't care where, when, what, whatever; if (pretty, pretty please) they play, I'll be there
    pinkhippo77 is offline   Reply With Quote