Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe - Page 26 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > Away From The World


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #751
dotpsd
 
dotpsd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,525

Shows Seen: 32

Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

So I only got the 5 song disc instead of the 8 songs I expected. Also, no warehouse disc for me either. Did I not order it correctly when I signed into the DMB Store? Shouldn't that all just be connected to the warehouse account that I've been using for years?

God, this shit can be so confusing.
dotpsd is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #752
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,482

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dotpsd View Post
    So I only got the 5 song disc instead of the 8 songs I expected. Also, no warehouse disc for me either. Did I not order it correctly when I signed into the DMB Store? Shouldn't that all just be connected to the warehouse account that I've been using for years?

    God, this shit can be so confusing.
    The 5 song/8 song disc was all you could get. If you are a warehouse member you got the 8 song disc, if not then you got the 5 song disc.
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #753
    dotpsd
     
    dotpsd's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: New York, NY
    Posts: 1,525

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bluewater21 View Post
    The 5 song/8 song disc was all you could get. If you are a warehouse member you got the 8 song disc, if not then you got the 5 song disc.
    But I am a warehouse member, and I only got 5 songs. hahaha
    Maybe eventually someone will send me a PM with a download of the 8 track one?
    dotpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #754
    Bluewater21
    Climbin' out the mud
     
    Bluewater21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, PA
    Posts: 7,482

    Shows Seen: 50

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dotpsd View Post
    But I am a warehouse member, and I only got 5 songs. hahaha
    Maybe eventually someone will send me a PM with a download of the 8 track one?
    I think I read your post wrong. When you said I also didn't get the warehouse disc I thought you meant in addition to the summer tour sampler. Yea I'd call them about that, they should hook you up.
    Bluewater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #755
    lrhudson
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 131

    Shows Seen: 62

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    I find this DVD to be fantastic.
    I looooooooooove the DVD...just watched it for the first time...to busy listening to the album and the family left the house so I could crank up the sound system and watch it the right way. I want all the live show DVDs to be like this...no annoying fancy touch ups...just raw footage of the performances. And holy hec...what a great selection of material...to have blue water - bowa alone is great.
    lrhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #756
    sharvey
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Chicago
    Posts: 472

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    I got the 8 track bonus disc... never given the warehouse a dime in my life. #iwin.
    __________________
    Welcome to Wayward Pines...
    sharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #757
    perdidofan
     
    perdidofan's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Perdido Key, Fla
    Posts: 107

    Shows Seen: 4

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    McLovin the super deluxe shiggety! Got goosebumps listening to the bonus disc of Jimi Thing from the Atlanta show in May...i took my two sons and this was a highlight for us...the story about Carter, the scatness, the audience singalong intro, just dang! Worth the $32 for this alone...So, as i was listening, i found attempting to put together the origami-like Away from the World ornament was like trying to peel an apple into a long peel, without breaking the peel......... Love it! Now for the dvd... :-)
    perdidofan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #758
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 25,703

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    This DVD is fantastic, so glad they included a PCM 16/48 stereo track instead of Dolby Digital. Great sound and nice bitrate on the picture too, very pleased. It's not Blu-ray, but the PCM track makes this a nice addition to the collection. Overall the Super Deluxe package is a really nice job, well done DMB.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dotpsd View Post
    But I am a warehouse member, and I only got 5 songs. hahaha
    Maybe eventually someone will send me a PM with a download of the 8 track one?
    If you didn't order from the official WH store but instead ordered through the regular DMB store then that would explain your predicament.
    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #759
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 25,703

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dotpsd View Post
    So I only got the 5 song disc instead of the 8 songs I expected. Also, no warehouse disc for me either. Did I not order it correctly when I signed into the DMB Store? Shouldn't that all just be connected to the warehouse account that I've been using for years?

    God, this shit can be so confusing.
    No, you need to sign into the WAREHOUSE store, not the DMB store.

    Incorrect place to sign in - http://davematthewsband.shop.musicto...spx?cp=1_57311

    Correct place to sign in - http://warehouse.shop.musictoday.com...6_57313&page=1
    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #760
    taproot
    Mike
     
    taproot's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts: 452

    Shows Seen: 9
    Send a message via MSN to taproot

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Eh Hee from the DVD is fucking BAD-ASS. I've found a new appreciation for this song.
    __________________
    2012: Hartford x2 , IZOD X2
    taproot is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #761
    BruceW
     
    BruceW's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: FLA
    Posts: 27,866

    Shows Seen: 50

    Finally watched the DVD today and I have to give kudos to Jake and management for putting this together. The only problem I had with it was that it felt disconnected from the fans. Especially since I was at 3 of the performances, I wish they had shown the crowd or the venue a little more. I know they used almost all show cameras so that makes 100% sense, but I I were to have something negative to say, that would be it lol.

    In other words, this DVD is awesome!
    __________________
    Craft Beer
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #762
    holdyouclose
    ==============
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Bay Area
    Posts: 2,953

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    Finally watched the DVD today and I have to give kudos to Jake and management for putting this together. The only problem I had with it was that it felt disconnected from the fans. Especially since I was at 3 of the performances, I wish they had shown the crowd or the venue a little more. I know they used almost all show cameras so that makes 100% sense, but I I were to have something negative to say, that would be it lol.

    In other words, this DVD is awesome!
    What did Jake have to do with it?
    holdyouclose is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #763
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 25,703

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by holdyouclose View Post
    What did Jake have to do with it?
    He has a credit on the DVD for assistant project consultant or something very close to that effect.
    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #764
    sydney0227
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 3

    Shows Seen: 7

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    BOYD! Need I say more?
    sydney0227 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #765
    dobyblue
     
    dobyblue's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Posts: 25,703

    Shows Seen: 60

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    For those still looking for a Super Deluxe, Amazon has it through Newbury Comics for $39.99 right now and 18 copies in stock.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FSCNMW

    Eligible for Prime.
    __________________
    Questions about records, turntables and setup? Please post in the Vinyl thread rather than sending PMs:
    **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
    dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #766
    kingofkings
    bigeyedfisher
     
    kingofkings's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: langhorne
    Posts: 794

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    the super deluxe box set is up on the warehouse store too. $32.99, limited number of them left.
    __________________
    wear the grudge like a crown

    my collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/sonofan...250&layout=big
    kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #767
    richvisser23
     
    richvisser23's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 597

    Shows Seen: 26

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    This Album is so good. Highly underrated. The production quality is so crisp. I think Come Tomorrow made me like this so much more. I think its Big 4.
    __________________
    "The following text deals with a controversial subject. The theories expressed are not the only possible interpretation. Viewers are invited to make a judgement based on all available information."
    richvisser23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #768
    coldblueice
     
    coldblueice's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2002
    Posts: 1,456

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by richvisser23 View Post
    This Album is so good. Highly underrated. The production quality is so crisp. I think Come Tomorrow made me like this so much more. I think its Big 4.
    AFTW will soon be known in the fanbase community as DMB's best album. why? because it is unpopular right now. therefore everyone will start to like it again so they can be seen as sooooo contrarian and cool.

    look at Come Tomorrow. it's the new, hot thing. and it's a very good, fun album! therefore it is so cool to shit on it. even the moderators here do. one in particular. obsessed. even though it's a great album.

    just watch..... pretty soon, people will be popping up and saying "OMG AFTW IS AN UNDERRATED CLASSIC". and they will then think they look cool. because that's what it's all about. looking cool.
    coldblueice is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #769
    drop2d
     
    drop2d's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NH
    Posts: 19,176

    Shows Seen: 32

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    AFTW will soon be known in the fanbase community as DMB's best album. why? because it is unpopular right now. therefore everyone will start to like it again so they can be seen as sooooo contrarian and cool.

    look at Come Tomorrow. it's the new, hot thing. and it's a very good, fun album! therefore it is so cool to shit on it. even the moderators here do. one in particular. obsessed. even though it's a great album.

    just watch..... pretty soon, people will be popping up and saying "OMG AFTW IS AN UNDERRATED CLASSIC". and they will then think they look cool. because that's what it's all about. looking cool.
    I mean, itís their best album in the last 15 years.
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonzo48280 View Post
    I'd rather be wearing an American Flag T-shirt blasting Foreigner through a boombox in Pyongyang than ever set foot in St Louis ever again.
    drop2d is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-26-2019, 11:53 PM   #770
    Utopia
    Minutes and hours
     
    Utopia's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Atlanta (Dirty South)
    Posts: 4,229

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    I mean, itís their best album in the last 15 years.
    Emphasis on Ďthe last 15 yearsí. Someone got a little carried away
    __________________
    http://www.dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=896
    D&T - SPAC '17
    Utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #771
    Madnana
    Irate Ambassador
     
    Madnana's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2002
    Location: bkdkdkdd
    Posts: 543

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    AFTW will soon be known in the fanbase community as DMB's best album. why? because it is unpopular right now. therefore everyone will start to like it again so they can be seen as sooooo contrarian and cool.

    look at Come Tomorrow. it's the new, hot thing. and it's a very good, fun album! therefore it is so cool to shit on it. even the moderators here do. one in particular. obsessed. even though it's a great album.

    just watch..... pretty soon, people will be popping up and saying "OMG AFTW IS AN UNDERRATED CLASSIC". and they will then think they look cool. because that's what it's all about. looking cool.
    Actually, it will be known in the fanbase community as DMB's best album because the band never plays it anymore. Some fans only seem to like what they can't have.
    Madnana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #772
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels
     
    crashintonickdm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2002
    Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
    Posts: 71,589

    Shows Seen: 72

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    AFTW is solid because the producer knows how to get the best out of the band, even when they aren’t close to their best anymore
    __________________
    -Nick

    Instagram: vinylspinnerlp
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-28-2019, 03:47 AM   #773
    hmich176
    SarcMark(TM)
     
    hmich176's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: Hershey, PA
    Posts: 10,263

    Shows Seen: 12

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldblueice View Post
    and it's a very good, fun album! therefore it is so cool to shit on it. even the moderators here do. one in particular. obsessed. even though it's a great album.
    Swing and a miss. Come Tomorrow is distinctly not a great album. I mean, you just upgraded it over a couple of sentence fragments from very good, fun to great.

    You are certainly entitled to your take, but to then bash other people for not liking the album because it's the cool thing just goes against your point.
    __________________
    Greetings: I'm Harry. I'm on various social media sites but check out my page on Untappd. My favorite beer is Founders Imperial Stout.
    Quote:
    The last chorus of Belly Belly Nice is acceptable to sing, but the third verse of Grey Street is not? #OccupyGreyStreet
    hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #774
    dmbnut21
     
    dmbnut21's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Posts: 3,299

    Shows Seen: 59

    Re: Away From The World - Deluxe and Super Deluxe

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    AFTW is solid because the producer knows how to get the best out of the band, even when they arenít close to their best anymore
    This. Which is why I put it over BW and CT. It's a better produced album and it actually had a violinist playing on it. The song arraignments are also better and the lyrics (to me) feel more cohesive. Lillywhite is the only producer so far that brings out the best in every member of the band and that leads to a better product.
    dmbnut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram
    Matt's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter