**Official Alpine Valley 2019** - Page 46 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #1351
Zags85

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Alpine Valley 2019**

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdel21 View Post
How can the venue not make money at $20 a beer??
Did anyone else notice the non permanent beer vendors being sketchy with change? They would suggest how much you get back to give themselves a tip.

Got charged an extra $3 for the same Bud Light can N2 on the way in, assumed it was just more expensive, then the rest of the night they were back to $13ish.
Zags85 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #1352
    GoodyISU1

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    Oh absolutely. Alpine N2 was my 78th show so I have seen pretty much anything I've ever wanted to see at least once or twice at this point.

That being said, while I have fun and enjoy every show I go to, I'm also not a DMB Family member and thus do still separate really good shows from more run of the mill ones. I just thought Alpine was incredibly consistent and it surprises me to see anyone say, whether they were there or just looking at them on paper, that it was lackluster because I felt like they did exactly what everyone is always asking for - focused on their best material, didn't play most of the 'run into the ground' songs (Y&M, Jimi, etc), had good songs in the 'power slots,' etc.
    I only went to N2 but was surprised at how few lows the show had. No Jimi or You & Me. Consistent, really the best word for it. So, yea, there weren't any mind blowing songs that debuted but it was a lot harder to pick my pee breaks at this show
    GoodyISU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2019, 02:36 PM   #1353
    mdel21

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zags85 View Post
    Did anyone else notice the non permanent beer vendors being sketchy with change? They would suggest how much you get back to give themselves a tip.

Got charged an extra $3 for the same Bud Light can N2 on the way in, assumed it was just more expensive, then the rest of the night they were back to $13ish.
    The lady by me got into with a beer guy over her credit card. I didn't catch the whole thing, but he was trying to manually put her card number in and she accused him of typing it somewhere on his phone that wasn't the charging site. Basically accused him of stealing her CC info.
    mdel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #1354
    SeekNancyUp
    Answer is always yes...

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I thought Joe M said he was doing a podcast at Club Wasted like he did in 2016 on Sunday after the show. Anyone know what's up? Would be interesting to hear their take.
    SeekNancyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #1355
    illinifan

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

How can I DL alpine N1 on dreaming tree? The torrent keeps saying the file is empty. I would like the XM broadcast.
    illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #1356
    smb41

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Is there a rip of the XM stream without the "You're listening to Sirius XM" interjections every few songs?
    smb41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #1357
    BF101519

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zaj128 View Post
    I keep saying I won't go to Chicago but it's right here so I always end up going but I fuckin hate it. It also makes my friends less inclined to travel to Alpine or Deer Creek. I just wish they wouldn't play there period.
    I totally agree. I'm from Chicago and have been to many of the Northerly Island shows in past years, and this was my first year making it to Alpine....WOW. What a difference. The Northerly Island shows are nowhere close to being what Alpine is.

I honestly will likely never go to Northerly again. The crowd/atmosphere alone make Alpine worth the drive. Plus I always thought the sound at Northerly sucked. The wind blows in from the Lake and muffles everything.

Anyway....my 33rd show was Alpine N2 this year and I'm so happy I finally did it. It is truly a special place to see the band. Reminded me of that feeling I had seeing DMB from my first shows back in 2002.

Last edited by BF101519; 07-15-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    BF101519 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2019, 05:27 AM   #1358
    daveindyman
    Ants Member #79883

Shows Seen: 77

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

A cool little story in the Indy Star today about a chance encounter with Dave at Alpine this year.... https://www.indystar.com/story/opini...rm/1889697001/
    daveindyman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2019, 07:34 AM   #1359
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveindyman View Post
    A cool little story in the Indy Star today about a chance encounter with Dave at Alpine this year.... https://www.indystar.com/story/opini...rm/1889697001/
    I was just getting ready to post this, but I couldn't figure out whether it belonged in the Alpine or Deer Creek thread.

I definitely found myself a bit misty-eyed while reading it.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #1360
    SeekNancyUp
    Answer is always yes...

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    I was just getting ready to post this, but I couldn't figure out whether it belonged in the Alpine or Deer Creek thread.

I definitely found myself a bit misty-eyed while reading it.
    What an amazing story. So cool of "David" haha... I think I saw her last year at the Summerfest show. She was standing in front at the front of the pit and Carter gave her his sticks.
    SeekNancyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2019, 04:24 AM   #1361
    Unlistedphone

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

That is quite a touching story - makes it tough to follow (really bad timing on my part).

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post a request like this, but here goes:

Does anyone happen to have Alpine Valley event shirts from this year that they are willing to sell? I attended (and thoroughly enjoyed) both nights and somehow managed to miss them at the vendor tents. It was my first time being to Alpine, and it was a great atmosphere. I'm looking for a medium and a small shirt. If you have either (or both) and are willing to try to work something out, please reach out to me.

Thanks!
    Unlistedphone is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #1362
    smb41

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone have video of the YNK opener?
    smb41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-03-2019, 02:23 PM   #1363
    Musicology200

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Alpine has been sold again. News story says live nation will still run the operation on a lease.

Little Thing: 1:1 7/6/12
    Musicology200 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #1364
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Since the "will it still be open" concern seems yearly with Alpine at this point, figured I'd post here that Journey and the Pretenders announced a Summer 2020 tour today that includes a June 6th stop at Alpine Valley, so we are officially confirmed that yes Virginia, Alpine will be open next year.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #1365
    bustedstuff88

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    Since the "will it still be open" concern seems yearly with Alpine at this point, figured I'd post here that Journey and the Pretenders announced a Summer 2020 tour today that includes a June 6th stop at Alpine Valley, so we are officially confirmed that yes Virginia, Alpine will be open next year.
    And thank god for that!

2022: Alpine x2, Gorge x3, Minneapolis
    bustedstuff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #1366
    anklebunker

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Just bumping this request to see if anybody has extra stubs from this last summer @ Alpine. PM me if you do, thanks!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anklebunker View Post
    Anyone have extra ticket stubs for either N1 or N2, that they'd be willing to part with? They can be WH or TM, it doesn't matter. As a volunteer w/Reverb I didn't get any ticket at all, just a generic wristband that got me into the venue each night. I checked around areas I was in around the lawn, but didn't see any laying around. Would like to have a couple of tickets as souvenirs. Thanks!
    anklebunker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-02-2020, 03:07 PM   #1367
    bolstad79

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

If any of y'all haven't canceled your resort reservations yet, they let me push mine to next year!!!
    bolstad79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2022, 10:55 AM   #1368
    UrsadonDMBAnts+ Site Supporter
    Mr. A-B

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Has any body ever done one of the 12 party decks on the right side of the lawn? Thinking about doing one this year (fingers crossed) but can’t find how to purchase or much information at all.

My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2022, 06:06 PM   #1369
    SomeDo
    Some people do

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB View Post
    Has any body ever done one of the 12 party decks on the right side of the lawn? Thinking about doing one this year (fingers crossed) but can’t find how to purchase or much information at all.

I have many times, it is great. The view is better than you think, bathroom and beer vendor on the decks too. Only issue is you have to buy the entire deck 40-50 people, its not fun keeping track of tickets and making sure all are accounted for. Beat bet is to split it with another group or two.
    Contact Livenation VIP for sales. They are not great to work with however…
    SomeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2022, 10:12 PM   #1370
    lilant420

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UrsadonDMB View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SomeDo View Post
    I have many times, it is great. The view is better than you think, bathroom and beer vendor on the decks too. Only issue is you have to buy the entire deck 40-50 people, its not fun keeping track of tickets and making sure all are accounted for. Beat bet is to split it with another group or two.
    Contact Livenation VIP for sales. They are not great to work with however…
    I'm down to buy some if this comes to fruition.
    lilant420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #1371
    UrsadonDMBAnts+ Site Supporter
    Mr. A-B

Shows Seen: 114

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilant420 View Post
    I'm down to buy some if this comes to fruition.

Yeah wonder if we could turn this in to an Ants meet up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Instagram My Almanac
    UrsadonDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2022, 07:10 AM   #1372
    jjlak15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Need advice, this year seems it will be my first Alpine show since 2008 I believe. We will be up in Lake Geneva for the holiday and its my birthday, so perfect storm of events. Need some advice on pavilion/ PIT seats.

Have seen plenty of shows at Alpine, but have always done lawn. Being 35 now, I have graduated to pits/pavilion. Where is the best place to sit in regards of ease of getting a beer and going to the bathroom? Why I love NI is you can grab a beer, pee and be back in under 4 minutes. Alpine I always remembering drunkenly walking up and down the hill and its miserable. Because its the bottom of a hill are there even bathrooms near seating area? I dont recall any of this because I was always in the lawn. Any help would be great.
    jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2022, 07:26 AM   #1373
    uwdavefan

Shows Seen: 80

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjlak15 View Post
    Need advice, this year seems it will be my first Alpine show since 2008 I believe. We will be up in Lake Geneva for the holiday and its my birthday, so perfect storm of events. Need some advice on pavilion/ PIT seats.

Have seen plenty of shows at Alpine, but have always done lawn. Being 35 now, I have graduated to pits/pavilion. Where is the best place to sit in regards of ease of getting a beer and going to the bathroom? Why I love NI is you can grab a beer, pee and be back in under 4 minutes. Alpine I always remembering drunkenly walking up and down the hill and its miserable. Because its the bottom of a hill are there even bathrooms near seating area? I dont recall any of this because I was always in the lawn. Any help would be great.
    I would recommend section 201. Pretty easy to pop out of the pavilion and there is a bathroom building as well as a fence lined with porta-potties on that side. There are concessions for beer, food right there too. Always seems a lot more crowded than NI especially right before show time, but I think that is your best bet.
    uwdavefan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2022, 09:19 AM   #1374
    jjlak15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by uwdavefan View Post
    I would recommend section 201. Pretty easy to pop out of the pavilion and there is a bathroom building as well as a fence lined with porta-potties on that side. There are concessions for beer, food right there too. Always seems a lot more crowded than NI especially right before show time, but I think that is your best bet.
    This is helpful, thank you.
    jjlak15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2022, 09:50 AM   #1375
    tthatch71

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by uwdavefan View Post
    I believe they have a mirrored situation at the base of the hill on the 203 side as well (at the bottom of the VIP decks). Can't remember the restroom situation, but there is for sure food and beer there. Porta-potties may only be at the top of the hill on that side, but maybe someone else can confirm. Google maps has a few 360 camera views if you drop the street view on the seating areas.

Last edited by tthatch71; 01-24-2022 at 09:52 AM.
    tthatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2022, 10:31 AM   #1376
    uwdavefan

Shows Seen: 80

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tthatch71 View Post
    I believe they have a mirrored situation at the base of the hill on the 203 side as well (at the bottom of the VIP decks). Can't remember the restroom situation, but there is for sure food and beer there. Porta-potties may only be at the top of the hill on that side, but maybe someone else can confirm. Google maps has a few 360 camera views if you drop the street view on the seating areas.
    Yeah, my experience on 203 was the closest bathroom was up the hill (or walk all the way across in front of the lawn to the 201 side), but yeah definitely food/beer on that side too.
    uwdavefan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-24-2022, 10:48 AM   #1377
    zaj128
    The King In The North

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Our group had to scrap the Gorge due to some babysitting issues so it looks like we'll be returning to Alpine again in 2022. Booked The Cove in Lake Geneva for the rumored dates for now (7/1-7/2) but hopefully we get some confirmation this week.

Twitter/IG:
    @Zaj128
    zaj128 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2022, 05:37 AM   #1378
    mandemiowa

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Dates changed! Check your reservations. Saturday/Sunday shows now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    mandemiowa is offline   Reply With Quote