*** Official Denver, CO 2021 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
credin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Red Rocks, CO
Posts: 1,281

Shows Seen: 24

*** Official Denver, CO 2021

Might as well get it started, we are back in 2021.
credin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
credin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Red Rocks, CO
Posts: 1,281

Shows Seen: 24

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Dates are 10/1 and 10/2. Late in year. Will be interesting if it continues at Fiddlers or moves to pepsi center since it is October. I didn't see anything that said a venue.
credin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #3
ebonecapone
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 484

Shows Seen: 12

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

WH says it is Fiddler's.
ebonecapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
credin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Red Rocks, CO
Posts: 1,281

Shows Seen: 24

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonecapone View Post
WH says it is Fiddler's.
Cool. Never know that time of year. Could be nice, could be chilly, could be snowing.
credin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:43 PM   #5
groogrux27
 
groogrux27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,523

Shows Seen: 10

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

any word on when these go on sale?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgent007 View Post
I just wanted to check what the consensus on this song was so I could decide how I feel. I can't remember if we hate it or not because I didn't pay attention when it was more relevant. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Copy View Post
j. mayer could easily replace dave in dmb
groogrux27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #6
Benny003
 
Benny003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 13,064

Shows Seen: 51

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

So disappointed it's not Red Rocks. Oh well.
Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:24 PM   #7
SoCalDMBLover
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 581

Shows Seen: 51

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny003 View Post
So disappointed it's not Red Rocks. Oh well.

Not even a worldwide pandemic can get them to play Red Rocks again.
SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #8
jmkratt
 
jmkratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,315

Shows Seen: 37
Send a message via AIM to jmkratt

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Something to look forward to...in a year and a half, lol
__________________
John K
jmkratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:20 AM   #9
LeftyDv
 
LeftyDv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,218

Shows Seen: 75
Send a message via AIM to LeftyDv

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
Something to look forward to...in a year and a half, lol
Got the update on my Ants app and called all my friends. I was the only one excited. I guess most people don't plan their lives 17 months out.
__________________
My Shows
Twitter
LeftyDv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #10
jmkratt
 
jmkratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,315

Shows Seen: 37
Send a message via AIM to jmkratt

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
Got the update on my Ants app and called all my friends. I was the only one excited. I guess most people don't plan their lives 17 months out.
At first I thought it was this fall and got really excited. Then I calmed down when I saw it was next year.

Still excited though. I mean it, something to look forward to seeing as all of my concerts so far this year have been cancelled or likely will
__________________
John K
jmkratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:21 AM   #11
flames_theman
 
flames_theman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,058

Shows Seen: 14

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

What is the best hotel option within walking distance to the venue?
__________________
2021: Gorge X3, Denver X2

#NAFDA Camp Absolutely!!
flames_theman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #12
ebonecapone
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 484

Shows Seen: 12

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_theman View Post
What is the best hotel option within walking distance to the venue?
We stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech in 2018.

Able to go get merch outside of venue, take back to room, then go into amp. It was nice.
ebonecapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #13
lockman21
Yandle Award 2014-15
 
lockman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,263

Shows Seen: 240

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_theman View Post
What is the best hotel option within walking distance to the venue?
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Denver Tech Center
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
lockman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:33 AM   #14
zjg135
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 121

Shows Seen: 0

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...5-54ba596febe2

Walk to outside merch get your stuff and take it back to the room. Plenty of restaurants and the light rail there as well. Usually full of several other DMB fans. Spacious rooms too.
zjg135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #15
Speilmen230
Case of the Roo Blues
 
Speilmen230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 28,905

Shows Seen: 16

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

I'll be there for N2. We'll see on N1. The last two times at Fiddlers they mail it in N1 and drop all the goodies on N2. Last year I skipped N1 to go see Joe Rogan stand up at the Bellco theater. Well worth it.

Hoping the rarities continue for us at Fiddlers. Last year was my favorite opening run of tunes I've seen in person.

Why I Am
Grace is Gone ->
Warehouse
Sam Cop
Kill the Preacher (tease) ->
Dont Drink the Water
Spoon (!!!!)
The Best of Whats Around (!!!)

Sam Cop is a big wet fart to me, but aside from that, I'd take that opening run at every show.
__________________
-Jesse-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #16
Speilmen230
Case of the Roo Blues
 
Speilmen230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 28,905

Shows Seen: 16

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

They'll play red rocks again once they can't draw 15k in one night. And then it will become a destination expensive show which will also suck for locals.
__________________
-Jesse-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:46 AM   #17
jmkratt
 
jmkratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,315

Shows Seen: 37
Send a message via AIM to jmkratt

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
They'll play red rocks again once they can't draw 15k in one night. And then it will become a destination expensive show which will also suck for locals.
Facts....
__________________
John K
jmkratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #18
SoCalDMBLover
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 581

Shows Seen: 51

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
They'll play red rocks again once they can't draw 15k in one night.

Meaning they'll never play there as a group, since they're always going to be able to draw that many.
SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:06 PM   #19
tyler3440
 
tyler3440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,544

Shows Seen: 15

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
They'll play red rocks again once they can't draw 15k in one night. And then it will become a destination expensive show which will also suck for locals.
Iíd say Dave and Tim play there before the full band easy. Although, 2017 was the perfect opportunity and it didnít happen.
__________________
Iím a DMB fan, so my expectations are set pretty low.
tyler3440 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:44 AM   #20
flames_theman
 
flames_theman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,058

Shows Seen: 14

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Thanks for the hotel suggestions. It appears it’s to far out to book, lol. Seriously considering adding Denver next year though!!
__________________
2021: Gorge X3, Denver X2

#NAFDA Camp Absolutely!!
flames_theman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:19 PM   #21
Speilmen230
Case of the Roo Blues
 
Speilmen230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 28,905

Shows Seen: 16

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021



That's hilarious.

This band's attendance is declining year after year.
__________________
-Jesse-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #22
jmkratt
 
jmkratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,315

Shows Seen: 37
Send a message via AIM to jmkratt

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

They do still sell out Fiddlers twice every time they come though
__________________
John K
jmkratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #23
Speilmen230
Case of the Roo Blues
 
Speilmen230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 28,905

Shows Seen: 16

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
They do still sell out Fiddlers twice every time they come though
If they had come through Denver with two stops for the last 10 years do you think it would be all sell outs? I think the band and the local promoter in Denver have strategically held back DMB in Denver to drive demand.

They skipped us in 2020. So what the new date says to me is they were coming back in 2021 anyway, which again means they skipped us purposefully this year.
__________________
-Jesse-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.

Last edited by Speilmen230; 05-08-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #24
jmkratt
 
jmkratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,315

Shows Seen: 37
Send a message via AIM to jmkratt

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
If they had come through Denver with two stops for the last 10 years do you think it would be all sell outs? I think the band and the local promoter in Denver have strategically held back DMB in Denver to drive demand.

They skipped us in 2020. So what the new date says to me is they were coming back in 2021 anyway, which again means they skipped us purposefully this year.
I agree it's a strategy thing and I don't like it Not sure I agree with it either as they have always done well in Colorado though. That being said would they sell out every year? I don't know.
__________________
John K
jmkratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:49 PM   #25
Useliteski
shit blizzard
 
Useliteski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,203

Shows Seen: 19

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

i am very into this. it will have been 8 long years since i've seen them at that point. i expect to have a really really good time, which i wasn't when i was setlist bitching half the time because i had seen them like 4 times already that summer and the year before...etc...
Useliteski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:52 PM   #26
Useliteski
shit blizzard
 
Useliteski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 10,203

Shows Seen: 19

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

RR is tiny, but i had no idea it was a venue where once you hit a certain crowd number you just say fuck it. I've seen some bands there who could easily sell out amphitheaters, and have. interesting.
Useliteski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:38 PM   #27
Sniper15
 
Sniper15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10,698

Shows Seen: 103

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
RR is tiny, but i had no idea it was a venue where once you hit a certain crowd number you just say fuck it. I've seen some bands there who could easily sell out amphitheaters, and have. interesting.
Most people aren't willing to do their job for significantly less money in a slightly nicer office. Rock A-listers like Petty are the exception to the rule. Look at the Red Rocks calendar each summer and you never see bands like: DMB, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, U2, the Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Springsteen, Green Day, Phish and Dead & Company on the calendar. Bands lionize Red Rocks but once they graduate to larger venues, they almost never come back and take less money for the opportunity to play there. Top tier artist could obviously advocate for Red Rocks bookings but they don't because they want to maximize their profits at every tour stop. Fans like to romanticize venues but to the artist it's a business. DMB won't be back at Red Rocks until they start drawing less than 9k at their Pepsi Center or Fiddlers shows.
__________________
Take these chances.....
Only tomorrow leads my way...
Sniper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:01 PM   #28
TypicalBilly14
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,658

Shows Seen: 0

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
Most people aren't willing to do their job for significantly less money in a slightly nicer office. Rock A-listers like Petty are the exception to the rule. Look at the Red Rocks calendar each summer and you never see bands like: DMB, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, U2, the Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Springsteen, Green Day, Phish and Dead & Company on the calendar. Bands lionize Red Rocks but once they graduate to larger venues, they almost never come back and take less money for the opportunity to play there. Top tier artist could obviously advocate for Red Rocks bookings but they don't because they want to maximize their profits at every tour stop. Fans like to romanticize venues but to the artist it's a business. DMB won't be back at Red Rocks until they start drawing less than 9k at their Pepsi Center or Fiddlers shows.
What if a big name artist were to make Red Rocks a residency for 10 dates? Could they make it worth it financially? Obviously Pearl Jam and DMB could sell out all 10 dates easily. There are acts that have made Vegas a residency, of course like Aerosmith that it must have been worth it and Billy Joel plays MSG all the time. If DMB during October of 2021 after the Gorge played a 10 date residency at Red Rocks, maybe they could bump up the price a tad make it worth DMB's while?

Last edited by TypicalBilly14; 05-14-2020 at 10:03 PM.
TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:20 AM   #29
credin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Red Rocks, CO
Posts: 1,281

Shows Seen: 24

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
What if a big name artist were to make Red Rocks a residency for 10 dates? Could they make it worth it financially? Obviously Pearl Jam and DMB could sell out all 10 dates easily. There are acts that have made Vegas a residency, of course like Aerosmith that it must have been worth it and Billy Joel plays MSG all the time. If DMB during October of 2021 after the Gorge played a 10 date residency at Red Rocks, maybe they could bump up the price a tad make it worth DMB's while?
It comes down to a couple things. Pretty sure DMB does not want to do a ten night stand and pretty sure red rocks does not want to commit to a ten night stand. Its all about $$ and a ten night stand at red rocks is profitable but they can play 2 nights at fiddlers and probably walk away with almost the same amount of money. Plus 10 nights, what are they going to do play shake me 7 of the 10 nights. Its just too long in one town, even for red rocks. Its is not worth there time. I don't think it is about load in/out, it's about profit.
credin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #30
ISawTheBridge10
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 894

Shows Seen: 13

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
Most people aren't willing to do their job for significantly less money in a slightly nicer office. Rock A-listers like Petty are the exception to the rule. Look at the Red Rocks calendar each summer and you never see bands like: DMB, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, U2, the Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Springsteen, Green Day, Phish and Dead & Company on the calendar. Bands lionize Red Rocks but once they graduate to larger venues, they almost never come back and take less money for the opportunity to play there. Top tier artist could obviously advocate for Red Rocks bookings but they don't because they want to maximize their profits at every tour stop. Fans like to romanticize venues but to the artist it's a business. DMB won't be back at Red Rocks until they start drawing less than 9k at their Pepsi Center or Fiddlers shows.

Why'd they play there in 2005? At that point they had been selling out arenas and large amphitheaters for years.
ISawTheBridge10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


   
Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
Home
Ants+
Tour Central
Search bar
RSS Feeds
About Us
Contact Us
The Ants Blog
Advertise on Ants
Privacy Policy
Ants on your cell phone
iAnts
mobile news
mobile setlists
antslive!
Ants' Twitter
DMBLive Twitter
Ants Facebook
Ants Instagram