What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 3099 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #92941
Tiduwho
heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 View Post
There is flat leaf parsley (including Italian), and curly leaf parsley (what you want).

I’ll never understand why people that enjoy cooking and do it often don’t grow their own herbs. It’s so easy, saves money, and can grow whatever you want!

I do grow my own herbs, but if you check the calendar in Wisconsin, there is a bit of a problem.

Hoping to stock up in the next week or two. Maybe this 40s and rainy crap is behind us now.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-16-2021, 07:29 AM   #92942
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

When you are walking on the sidewalk, dog in tow, and cars at the crosswalk stop sign wait an exorbitantly long time instead of just driving. I am not even remotely close to the crosswalk, I am 10 seconds away, why are you just stopped there waiting for me?

I realize I probably experience this at about 10% of the level that women do. That must suck. I realize they are probably leering at my cute pups, but very annoying.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Tiduwho; 04-16-2021 at 07:30 AM.
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:33 AM   #92943
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There is flat leaf parsley (including Italian), and curly leaf parsley (what you want).

I’ll never understand why people that enjoy cooking and do it often don’t grow their own herbs. It’s so easy, saves money, and can grow whatever you want!
    I haven't really considered it. I enjoy cooking and do it often. I feel like I would only care about doing parsley and maybe oregano. I guess my biggest concern would be where would I do it. It would have to be either in my kitchen (though I don't know where I'd make space for it), my sunroom right off my kitchen, or on my deck.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:35 AM   #92944
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    When you are walking on the sidewalk, dog in tow, and cars at the crosswalk stop sign wait an exorbitantly long time instead of just driving. I am not even remotely close to the crosswalk, I am 10 seconds away, why are you just stopped there waiting for me?

I realize I probably experience this at about 10% of the level that women do. That must suck. I realize they are probably leering at my cute pups, but very annoying.
    I feel this, minor irritant. Like walking in the neighborhood, we'll be approaching a 4-way stop we have to cross with one stroller, one kid on a push-tricycle, and a dog on a leash. You need to hurry up and come to a stop and then go. We're gonna take forever to get to the intersection and then cross it.
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:39 AM   #92945
    prdstmnky36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I do grow my own herbs, but if you check the calendar in Wisconsin, there is a bit of a problem.

Hoping to stock up in the next week or two. Maybe this 40s and rainy crap is behind us now.
    What’s the problem? The weather?? You can grow your herbs inside!

SEE YOU AT SPAC!!!
    prdstmnky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:44 AM   #92946
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

They're probably checking their cell phones. I see this crap while driving all the time. Approach an intersection and a car is already stopped on another corner. You sit and wait for them to go first but they won't. You look closer and see their hand is up to their ear or they're looking down. This shit must be happening at stop lights to. The light turns green and you just sit there. You honk your horn and then they go.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:45 AM   #92947
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
    I haven't really considered it. I enjoy cooking and do it often. I feel like I would only care about doing parsley and maybe oregano. I guess my biggest concern would be where would I do it. It would have to be either in my kitchen (though I don't know where I'd make space for it), my sunroom right off my kitchen, or on my deck.

Do basil for certain. It grows so easily. Bought a small plant and by late summer it was this towering multi-layered titan giving off all the basil you could need. And it's always yum all summer.

Mint is a bit of a shelf life. So it grows like crazy, and is super tasty at first when the stems are thin and green. I've found that when the stems start getting brown and thick, the leaves start tasting blech. They get a weird smell, and the mint drops in quality after the plant is 6+ weeks old. This happened both with spearmint and regular mint, but the regular mint much more so.

Cilantro is limited to spring. Once it gets hot in the summer, you can say goodbye to that plant.

Rosemary is the easiest of all. It grows well, and is impervious to weather. Was still going in December amidst the snow. It took below 0 freezeouts to finally do it in..

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:46 AM   #92948
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

My pup would just have a stare off with them because he sits until a car passes.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:47 AM   #92949
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What’s the problem? The weather?? You can grow your herbs inside!

You see there's this problem of having a 2 year old that destroys everything

But maybe I'll consider it for next winter.

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:48 AM   #92950
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

I was gonna say I would use cilantro a lot, but I read briefly it may not be as easy.

I may look more into this. My initial thoughts are if I can hang a planter outside my window in front of my kitchen sink, or maybe put something in the sunroom. I could also do a hanging planter thing right outside the sunroom, like under the soffitt, kinda where I have a hummingbird feeder.
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:59 AM   #92951
    UNC41
    Gimme Dat

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You see there's this problem of having a 2 year old that destroys everything

But maybe I'll consider it for next winter.
    How tall is your 2 year old? Mine is less than 3 feet tall and can't reach where we grow our herbs in the winter

You white, then you Ben Affleck.
    UNC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2021, 08:08 AM   #92952
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Curley leaf parsley in terrible
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #92953
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

A $1200 mechanic visit.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2021, 06:49 PM   #92954
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

If it's the Stanford Cardinals, then why is their mascot a tree?

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 04-16-2021, 06:52 PM   #92955
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UNC41 View Post
    How tall is your 2 year old? Mine is less than 3 feet tall and can't reach where we grow our herbs in the winter

99th percentile in height at his 2 year appt. Should measure him again.. Turning into a beanpole so hopefully he stops growing soon and lets the rest of himself catch up...

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 04-16-2021, 07:32 PM   #92956
    SmoothG

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If it's the Stanford Cardinals, then why is their mascot a tree?
    It's actually Cardinal, no 's' as it refers to the color, not the bird. I read the story about it ages ago, but basically, Stanford was the Indians until the mid 70s when they decided to change it back to cardinal, as the color used to represent the university in the past. I don't remember it all, but the school had a bunch of votes on what to name it and what the mascot should be which were all turned down by the university. One of the random names suggested was The Tree. I don't really remember the details but the university band popularized it and it eventually stuck.
    SmoothG is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-16-2021, 08:16 PM   #92957
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    A $1200 mechanic visit.
    Ended up being $1500. Siiiick.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-21-2021, 10:46 AM   #92958
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Coming up on 3 weeks of someone in my house being sick. Started with my 2 year old two Saturdays ago. Turned out to be croup. She's feeling better and on Tuesday my wife wakes up feeling sick. She starts feeling better and on Friday I wake up with a fever that lasted about 24 hours, and also was the day we were supposed to get on the road to Florida. We ended up leaving Saturday. Monday morning, my wife gets a cough. After a week of feeling on the verge of getting it, I wake up this past Saturday with a really sore throat that I'm still getting over today.

Last edited by GSUdawg521; 04-21-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    Old 04-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #92959
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

The Texas/Ok. State baseball game started 15 minutes ago, but ESPNU is sticking with their coverage of this god awful B1G softball game.
    Old 04-26-2021, 09:45 AM   #92960
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Buying a car.

1. Carvana - I thought I had closed the deal on the car that I wanted. 2 days later I get a call that the vehicle is no longer available. Why is it no longer available? I e-signed a legal document. Seems like you wouldn't have someone sign a document if you didn't intend on completing a transaction. No, I don't want your s***** Nissan versa or tin can piece of s***.

2. Used Cars - pretty much more of the same thing except I showed up in person only to find out that that particular vehicle was no longer available but wouldn't you know it they had a brand new Dodge charger V8. Real nice looking but no way I can afford that. Pretty sure all car salesman do not care about that. Pretty sure the guy had a pretty bad cocaine habit too.
    Old 04-26-2021, 09:47 AM   #92961
    smudge1
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    Buying a car.

1. Carvana - I thought I had closed the deal on the car that I wanted. 2 days later I get a call that the vehicle is no longer available. Why is it no longer available? I e-signed a legal document. Seems like you wouldn't have someone sign a document if you didn't intend on completing a transaction. No, I don't want your s***** Nissan versa or tin can piece of s***.

2. Used Cars - pretty much more of the same thing except I showed up in person only to find out that that particular vehicle was no longer available but wouldn't you know it they had a brand new Dodge charger V8. Real nice looking but no way I can afford that. Pretty sure all car salesman do not care about that. Pretty sure the guy had a pretty bad cocaine habit too.
    Buying a car is the worst.
    At the time I didn't think I did.
    I believe now that I do, however... but I don't care.
    smudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-26-2021, 09:48 AM   #92962
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Took me five hours to buy my car. I spent less time at closing when I bought a new house.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-26-2021, 12:42 PM   #92963
    swordo84
    . .

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Toenails - I fucking hate them. I compulsively pick them down to something less than 'nubs' constantly. It hurts every time, but I cannot help it. I'd permanently rip 'em all out if I could.
    swordo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-26-2021, 12:44 PM   #92964
    smudge1
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swordo84 View Post
    Toenails - I fucking hate them. I compulsively pick them down to something less than 'nubs' constantly. It hurts every time, but I cannot help it. I'd permanently rip 'em all out if I could.
    Do you do the same with fingernails?
    Old 04-26-2021, 01:43 PM   #92965
    swordo84
    . .

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smudge1 View Post
    Do you do the same with fingernails?
    To a degree. I pick them, yes but only in terms of 'grooming' - that is to say I'm too lazy to go find the clippers, generally speaking. I have no beef with my fingernails like I do my toenails.
    Old 04-26-2021, 01:51 PM   #92966
    Bmwm3oz

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

People who refuse to get vaccinated while also saying they own an AR-15 with a bump stock to ‘protect their family’.
    Bmwm3oz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-26-2021, 02:02 PM   #92967
    smudge1
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    To a degree. I pick them, yes but only in terms of 'grooming' - that is to say I'm too lazy to go find the clippers, generally speaking. I have no beef with my fingernails like I do my toenails.
    Toenails are nothing to play around with. Cut them straight. You’ll be in serious pain as you get older if you don’t.
    Old 04-26-2021, 02:08 PM   #92968
    swordo84
    . .

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smudge1 View Post
    Toenails are nothing to play around with. Cut them straight. You’ll be in serious pain as you get older if you don’t.
    What classifies as 'older'? I'm already north of 35, so maybe I'm past your threshold and can just not deal with my compulsion? hahah

God I hate them so much.
    Old 04-26-2021, 02:23 PM   #92969
    smudge1
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What classifies as 'older'? I'm already north of 35, so maybe I'm past your threshold and can just not deal with my compulsion? hahah

God I hate them so much.
    Over 50. Once you turn 50, gods warranty on your body expires.
    It’s all downhill.
    Old 04-27-2021, 08:51 AM   #92970
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz View Post
    People who refuse to get vaccinated while also saying they own an AR-15 with a bump stock to ‘protect their family’.

I think the Crux of their argument seems to be that the vaccines are untested. As you may know, before any vaccine or medication goes to market it normally undergoes years of clinical trials. We're talking about 5 to 10 years even on a fast track.

As someone who has been vaccinated, I will not get it again. The benefits do not outweigh the risks to me. If at any time that changes, I will probably take it again. The worst side effect I had from the vaccine was about two and a half months of sheer fatigue. The kind of fatigue you get when you're getting sick or when you are sick. Couldn't do jack. Found myself downing five or six shots of espresso just to exist two or three times a day. When the caffeine wore off I was about as good as dead.

I'm not going to get into a huge political argument about covid here. We all believe what we believe. I've played ball and been a good citizen but my patience is quickly running out.