Coffin On 2021 Tour... - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-11-2021, 10:21 AM   #121
TypicalBilly14

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
Elton John has already moved all of his US dates to 2022.

I say the band cancels. Billie Eilish decided to cancel her whole tour after seeing she'd be holding on to fan's money for more than a year. I think the band follows suit if that's what happens.

I do want to preface that yes, the writing does seem on the wall, we're still talking about things ~6 months away. A lot can happen in that time period. Again, things aren't trending in the right direction, but I'm going to hold on to optimism or else things would be too bleak to carry on.
To be fair and for some clarity, he announced that he moved everything to 2022 back in September. This wasn't done over the past few weeks. I think with his age he didn't want to take any chances even if other tours resumed in 2021.
TypicalBilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-11-2021, 11:20 AM   #122
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
    To be fair and for some clarity, he announced that he moved everything to 2022 back in September. This wasn't done over the past few weeks. I think with his age he didn't want to take any chances even if other tours resumed in 2021.
    Elton does have a bunch of shows in Europe beginning in September, so that’s another reason why he bumped the US tour back to next year. He also has a couple of shows in New Zealand set for early 2023!!
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #123
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Fauci says it's possible that concerts and theater events could occur by fall of 2021.
    Old 01-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #124
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
    Fauci says it's possible that concerts and theater events could occur by fall of 2021.
    Which isn't anything different than what he's been saying for months now.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2021, 03:02 PM   #125
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Which isn't anything different than what he's been saying for months now.
    Right, just thought the words would carry more weight out of his mouth than out of mine.
    Old 01-11-2021, 04:04 PM   #126
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Elton does have a bunch of shows in Europe beginning in September, so that’s another reason why he bumped the US tour back to next year. He also has a couple of shows in New Zealand set for early 2023!!
    He'll be 75 by the time he really retires.
    Old 01-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #127
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I don't know if anybody is really disputing Fauci's timeline. It does seem a bit optimistic though.

But the possibility of events late in 2021 is certainly possible. But it still sounds like social distancing measures might be necessary, which would limit the ability for popular bands like DMB to have packed sell out crowds anytime this year. Would they play a venue like MSG in December, if it has to be limited to say 50-70% capacity? With few exceptions, it's going to be impossible holding outdoor shows until Spring 2022, and since indoor events carry more risk for spread, they won't be able to, at the start, pack them into the venues once they start booking indoor venues again.

Last edited by SoCalDMBLover; 01-11-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2021, 06:48 AM   #128
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    I don't know if anybody is really disputing Fauci's timeline. It does seem a bit optimistic though.

But the possibility of events late in 2021 is certainly possible. But it still sounds like social distancing measures might be necessary, which would limit the ability for popular bands like DMB to have packed sell out crowds anytime this year. Would they play a venue like MSG in December, if it has to be limited to say 50-70% capacity? With few exceptions, it's going to be impossible holding outdoor shows until Spring 2022, and since indoor events carry more risk for spread, they won't be able to, at the start, pack them into the venues once they start booking indoor venues again.
    My interpretation was the fall 2021 remark by Fauci was normal scenarios. No distancing, masks maybe, but full indoor/outdoor events.

My thought is if Fauci is saying fall, we'll likely see things more normal well before that. GOP states have already been lenient with restrictions and when the more at risk population is inoculated and protected we're going to see hospitalizations go down drastically. The whole point of the shutdowns was yes, to save lives, but to mainly protect the hospitals from being flooded. If the hospitals aren't full, governors are gonna want to open up for business. Not saying it's right, but at that point it'll be a personal choice to take precautions.

A roadie on Reddit said it very well. We may be able to have big concerts with little to no safety measures by fall but unless these shows are already scheduled it's going to be spring 2022. His comment was all the pre-production that has to happen beforehand. We'll likely see small, independent venues leading the charge for a long time. Plus bands like Phish and DMB may stand a better chance because their stage show is nothing like a Bruno Mars or Billie Eilish.

All that said, I'm surprised Fauci has that level of optimism. I pray he's right, but he hasn't let us down yet.
    Old 01-12-2021, 08:45 AM   #129
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My interpretation was the fall 2021 remark by Fauci was normal scenarios. No distancing, masks maybe, but full indoor/outdoor events.

I was referring to the following part of Dr. Fauci's comments:

“If everything goes right, this is will occur some time in the fall of 2021,” Dr. Fauci said via the New York Times. “So that by the time we get to the early to mid-fall, you can have people feeling safe performing onstage as well as people in the audience.”

Even if the U.S. does reach herd immunity in this time frame, Fauci says concerts will probably be different from how they were before. Venues and theaters may still have to take safety precautions including social distancing and mask-wearing. These rules could stick around for some time as the rest of the country gets vaccinated.

If they have to still do "social distancing," they won't be able to have full capacity shows. Especially indoors.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #130
    TimHonks

My Tour Central Stats

I think there will be some "large" shows this summer, but probably no full blown tours. Not saying DMB specifically, just some larger shows in general.

If 10-15K can go to football games, there is no reason they couldn't do something similar for concerts.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2021, 09:58 AM   #131
    mquerques92

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimHonks View Post
    I think there will be some "large" shows this summer, but probably no full blown tours. Not saying DMB specifically, just some larger shows in general.

If 10-15K can go to football games, there is no reason they couldn't do something similar for concerts.
    The games were gonna happen anyway, so allowing 5,000-15,000 fans into the stadium was always going to be a positive. Putting on an event for 10,000 people in a venue intended for 80,000 with no other revenue streams to prop it up is another thing entirely. Maybe it will happen, but I'm not waiting too eagerly for anything under 100% capacity.
    mquerques92 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #132
    TimHonks

My Tour Central Stats

Yea, I can't see myself getting excited for it - just think there will be some concert events this summer.
    TimHonks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #133
    mquerques92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mquerques92 View Post
    The games were gonna happen anyway, so allowing 5,000-15,000 fans into the stadium was always going to be a positive. Putting on an event for 10,000 people in a venue intended for 80,000 with no other revenue streams to prop it up is another thing entirely. Maybe it will happen, but I'm not waiting too eagerly for anything under 100% capacity.
    And before it comes up, yes, maybe a ticketed live stream could make a low capacity event profitable, but I don't see a significant overlap between artists willing to play a show at 20% capacity and artists that could sell a lot of live streams.
    Old 01-12-2021, 11:23 AM   #134
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimHonks View Post
    Yea, I can't see myself getting excited for it - just think there will be some concert events this summer.
    There will be events this summer. There's socially distanced shows already this spring. My wife and I are likely going to see NEEDTOBREATHE at a socially distanced event in March.

I've said it several times in here, but it bears repeating, multiple venues in my town have said they will have concerts this year, starting as early as this spring. They may be small tier bands like North Mississippi Allstars or Del McCoury but they will be happening.
    Old 01-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #135
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There will be events this summer. There's socially distanced shows already this spring. My wife and I are likely going to see NEEDTOBREATHE at a socially distanced event in March.

I've said it several times in here, but it bears repeating, multiple venues in my town have said they will have concerts this year, starting as early as this spring. They may be small tier bands like North Mississippi Allstars or Del McCoury but they will be happening.
    Small to mid tier concerts will happen, especially outdoors. My hometown in rural Ohio has a Labor Day festival every year. This year they have a big concert planned with multiple country acts who were a big deal in the 90’s. Not “Garth Brooks big”, or even “Alan Jackson big”, but big enough that I know who they are, as a non-country fan. I’m sure things like that event will go ahead. Things on the county fair level will happen, more in the boonies and less in the big cities. States like California won’t have anything. But as far as big events, like a DMB tour with 20,000+ in a venue... no chance. Large festivals like Bonnaroo or Glastonbury will also be a no-go. 2022 is the new 2021... 2021 is 2020 part 2.

Last edited by podiumboy; 01-12-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    Old 01-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #136
    WhereYouGoin

My Tour Central Stats

If ANYTHING goes on this year I think most of it will be stuff scheduled for last summer (some stuff that's possibly been on sale since as far back as November/December 2019)
    WhereYouGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2021, 12:59 PM   #137
    mquerques92

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin View Post
    If ANYTHING goes on this year I think most of it will be stuff scheduled for last summer (some stuff that's possibly been on sale since as far back as November/December 2019)
    So you think a show at Mohegan Sun in June or SPAC in July is more likely to happen than a show at MSG or JPJ in December, just because tickets have been on sale for a while?
    Old 01-12-2021, 01:55 PM   #138
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Small to mid tier concerts will happen, especially outdoors. My hometown in rural Ohio has a Labor Day festival every year. This year they have a big concert planned with multiple country acts who were a big deal in the 90’s. Not “Garth Brooks big”, or even “Alan Jackson big”, but big enough that I know who they are, as a non-country fan. I’m sure things like that event will go ahead. Things on the county fair level will happen, more in the boonies and less in the big cities. States like California won’t have anything. But as far as big events, like a DMB tour with 20,000+ in a venue... no chance. Large festivals like Bonnaroo or Glastonbury will also be a no-go. 2022 is the new 2021... 2021 is 2020 part 2.
    I'm gonna disagree, as of right now about Bonnaroo and other fall festivals. I can see them happening, especially if they're camping festivals. You're essentially creating a bubble. You require proof of vaccination, test everyone entering and things can happen safely.

Again, it needs to be reiterated, we're talking about events that are 9 months away. Nine months ago in 2020, we were still wiping down our groceries because we thought our Oatmeal Cream Pies had COVID all over them. A lot can change in that long of a period of time, especially with technology.
    Old 01-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #139
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm gonna disagree, as of right now about Bonnaroo and other fall festivals. I can see them happening, especially if they're camping festivals. You're essentially creating a bubble. You require proof of vaccination, test everyone entering and things can happen safely.

Again, it needs to be reiterated, we're talking about events that are 9 months away. Nine months ago in 2020, we were still wiping down our groceries because we thought our Oatmeal Cream Pies had COVID all over them. A lot can change in that long of a period of time, especially with technology.
    only one year ago life was totally normal. CRAZY how things change
    Old 01-12-2021, 07:12 PM   #140
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    A roadie on Reddit said it very well. We may be able to have big concerts with little to no safety measures by fall but unless these shows are already scheduled it's going to be spring 2022. His comment was all the pre-production that has to happen beforehand. We'll likely see small, independent venues leading the charge for a long time. Plus bands like Phish and DMB may stand a better chance because their stage show is nothing like a Bruno Mars or Billie Eilish.
    I agree. 2022 for big bands - DMB, Foo Fighters, etc. Arena and amphitheater shows won't be happening normally with 15k-20k crowds this year. Lots of planning goes into this stuff, you don't see bands throw an arena tour together one week and head out on it two or three weeks later.

Quote:
    My wife and I are likely going to see NEEDTOBREATHE at a socially distanced event in March.
    Agreed about small bands leading the way.

Have fun at Needtobreathe - they are good live and I have seen them quite a bit but I am concerned that their songwriting has fallen off a little bit since Bo left the band; he was a main songwriter. I wanted to see those two shows but the $200/pod pricing is not attractive to me. I'll just wait until tours can happen again.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2021, 06:55 AM   #141
    podiumboy

My Tour Central Stats

Bunbury festival in Cincinnati just cancelled for this year. That’s the first major concert cancellation I’ve heard of.
    Old 01-13-2021, 08:17 AM   #142
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

I did get an e-mail about a month ago from the Lowell Memorial Auditorium for shows throughout 2021 and many look like they are at the end of the year, from August on, but of course that could change.
    Old 01-14-2021, 09:31 AM   #143
    Whiteyxc514

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Love NEEDTOBREATHE. Saw their acoustic tour a couple of years ago and it was so great. I saw that they're recording those March shows for another live album.
    Whiteyxc514 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #144
    WidespreadMule3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 View Post
    Love NEEDTOBREATHE. Saw their acoustic tour a couple of years ago and it was so great. I saw that they're recording those March shows for another live album.
    My wife is a big fan too. I enjoy them but I'm not too big of a fan. I just need a concert and thought it'd be something fun to do that she would enjoy.

Interesting about the recordings. I'll have to look into that.
    Old 01-15-2021, 05:35 AM   #145
    Cincy_

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

The Bunbury Music Festival that was schedule for June in Cincinnati has been canceled. I would not count on an early season tours.

Bunbarians,
    It was our hope that the big picture would look very differently by this stage, but unfortunately it is with the safety and wellbeing of our fans, artists and staff in mind that we have chosen to postpone our plans for the next installment of Bunbury Music Festival.
    Old 01-15-2021, 07:51 AM   #146
    DMBBeav

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Are there sunk costs in scheduling and rescheduling shows for DMB?

I ask because I'm going to assume that will dictate if the next reschedule (you can throw out all shows before the Gorge at this point) is for Winter '21 or just Summer '22.
    DMBBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #147
    TypicalBilly14

My Tour Central Stats

Sorta off topic but I'm not sure if I like the new reno's being made to Red Rocks. Might take away from the ambience.

But this article suggests that arena is planning for concerts soon.

https://edm.com/news/red-rocks-amphi...oof-over-stage
    Old 01-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #148
    ltjjdunbar

Shows Seen: 39

My Tour Central Stats

Red Rocks released their schedule for 2021 on January 6th. A bunch of shows. https://www.outtherecolorado.com/new...76111d2ab.html
    Old 01-15-2021, 04:38 PM   #149
    aparker507

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

So glad Needtobreathe is playing and releasing those shows. If that wasn't my daughter's first birthday weekend, I'd be there for sure! Love, love those guys

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Old 01-15-2021, 06:11 PM   #150
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ltjjdunbar View Post
    Red Rocks released their schedule for 2021 on January 6th. A bunch of shows. https://www.outtherecolorado.com/new...76111d2ab.html
    That’s just a list of shows rescheduled last yr
    actually that’s a larger list, maybe some are new

Edit, where does DMB fit

Last edited by willndmb; 01-15-2021 at 06:14 PM.
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote