Release date? - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #91
berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Release date?

why the hell not...why do we have to rush everything. cornbread sucked last night. clearly its not done. i want something that is gonna be good. not something rushed to start the tour
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #92
    jordanbball17
    Black lives matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by berman1125 View Post
    why the hell not...why do we have to rush everything. cornbread sucked last night. clearly its not done. i want something that is gonna be good. not something rushed to start the tour
    They're not rushing anything with a mid-tour/fall release. They've had 3 seperate studio sessions (if not more) directly pertaining to this album. They've played many of the potential songs multiple times on previous tours.
    And again, about the website. I can't realistically see that website staying up for more than 6 or 7 months. That's just not practical.
    Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #93
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

the site isnt even up yet. if it is by tour time. and they announce the album release in sept. i could see that...i just think people think they are done, when i personally dont think they are

and by announce in sept i mean in sept. announce the album is coming out in jan
    Quote:
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998
    Old 04-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #94
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

and then use that website from sept-jan to promote the album, and presales
    Quote:
    Old 04-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #95
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

and i got the new rolling stone today, they have album coverage through august, with no mention of dmb even working on the album
    Quote:
    Old 04-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #96
    crashintome202

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the site isnt even up yet. if it is by tour time. and they announce the album release in sept. i could see that...i just think people think they are done, when i personally dont think they are

and by announce in sept i mean in sept. announce the album is coming out in jan
    its got to be up before june. its not going to say "new website coming soon" for 3 months.
    Old 04-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #97
    Isaacdinho12
    Dancin all around

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintome202 View Post
    its got to be up before june. its not going to say "new website coming soon" for 3 months.
    i say we go with our inside source Jake and listen to him when he says the album isnt close to being done. after all it seems like the most logical thing to do.
    Old 04-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #98
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Isaacdinho12 View Post
    i say we go with our inside source Jake and listen to him when he says the album isnt close to being done. after all it seems like the most logical thing to do.

Quote:
    Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #99
    Isaacdinho12
    Dancin all around

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    nice shades
    Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #100
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintome202 View Post

the tour starts in 52 days. thats less than two months. it took 20 min to make that front page. i think they wanted to get that stand up shit down thats been up since 05... they made that front page to get all the crazy's on this site goin
    Quote:
    Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #101
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    nice shades
    thanks, oakleys
    Quote:
    Old 04-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #102
    Isaacdinho12
    Dancin all around

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    thanks, oakleys
    need to get me some
    Old 04-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #103
    krecster23
    Kevin

Shows Seen: 132

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

hypothetically(sp?) speaking hear no one says that if a band finishes an album one day that it has to come out the next week so what are the chances that DMB has almost finished the album and are going to release it right before the start of the summer tour or sometime before the tour is over. And as far as 09' for the release that just seems way to far away for all the talk there is surrounding the new album not to mention how they also just released the video of them in the studio.

2022Tour: Mansfield, Hartford, Alpine, SPAC, and Gorge
    Old 04-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #104
    kck211s
    Reassure Me

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by krecster23 View Post
    hypothetically(sp?) speaking hear no one says that if a band finishes an album one day that it has to come out the next week so what are the chances that DMB has almost finished the album and are going to release it right before the start of the summer tour or sometime before the tour is over. And as far as 09' for the release that just seems way to far away for all the talk there is surrounding the new album not to mention how they also just released the video of them in the studio.
    What talk? The coming soon front page of a website and the 90 second video clip? Clearly they've really got the hype machine up and running for an imminent release.

From recent interviews talking about taking their sweet time, the coming tour etc., I'd say that an '09 release would be the soonest we'll see an album.

Last edited by kck211s; 04-11-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell . . .
    Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #105
    DerekJTR2

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

berman1125 could you please stop posting. You've given us nothing but negativity and you clearly don't like/want the band to do well. So go read about Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz and get back to us when you have something worthwhile to talk about.
    Old 04-12-2008, 06:12 AM   #106
    crashintome202

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i mean the website has to be up before june seeing how this is the main session for the recording of the new album
    Old 04-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #107
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DerekJTR2 View Post
    berman1125 could you please stop posting. You've given us nothing but negativity and you clearly don't like/want the band to do well. So go read about Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz and get back to us when you have something worthwhile to talk about.

i dont understand how idont want the band to do well. of course i do. and you can ask a lot of people around here. i am the last person to put this band down, and i am not here.

there only thing i am trying to do, is be a little realistic! for christ sakes...

how do you expect a album this summer...with a coming soon website and a 35 second studio clip
    Quote:
    Old 04-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #108
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

i am just patient. how ever most people on this site want results now, and they want good results

look im not telling you people what to believe, but i do think that all of your hopefullness is getting in the way of seeing what is really going on here. listen, everyone should just enjoy the summer and their shows, and see how everything plays out. but i dont think people should get their hopes up about any type of a summer release
    Quote:

Last edited by berman1125; 04-12-2008 at 07:17 AM.
    Old 04-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #109
    kck211s
    Reassure Me

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i am just patient. how ever most people on this site want results now, and they want good results

look im not telling you people what to believe, but i do think that all of your hopefullness is getting in the way of seeing what is really going on here. listen, everyone should just enjoy the summer and their shows, and see how everything plays out. but i dont think people should get their hopes up about any type of a summer release

Don't think it could be said any better than this.
    Old 04-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #110
    berman1125

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kck211s View Post

Don't think it could be said any better than this.

i think you and i need to coordinate a show to chill at together haha
    Quote:
    Old 04-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #111
    kck211s
    Reassure Me

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i think you and i need to coordinate a show to chill at together haha
    Ha ha! I wish. It would be great to get to a show up in New England. Never seen one outside of the areas where I've lived (the midwest and the south). Who knows . . . I do think the St. Louis show at Busch is going to be good (possible live release?--I'm hoping it is possibly on par with Piedmont Park, which a lot of people talk crap about, but was easily the best live show I've been to), and I'm looking forward to seeing Willie as the opener in Memphis.

But hey, if you make it down here, holler.
    Old 04-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #112
    mzupeman

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Whenever the albums comes out, it comes out. I would love new music, and I'll listen to the album to death I'm sure, but it's the live stuff that's to come from the new album that excites me most. Listening to songs from older albums, or listening to them on the gajillion live DMB things I have... the live stuff blows it all out of the water. The band says they're taking their sweet time to create something good, well that's fine by me. I wish more groups took their time to make sure their music is great.
    Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 AM   #113
    cherone21

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
    Whenever the albums comes out, it comes out. I would love new music, and I'll listen to the album to death I'm sure, but it's the live stuff that's to come from the new album that excites me most. Listening to songs from older albums, or listening to them on the gajillion live DMB things I have... the live stuff blows it all out of the water. The band says they're taking their sweet time to create something good, well that's fine by me. I wish more groups took their time to make sure their music is great.
    Agreed. DMB is all about live music. I only listen to albums to learn the words. In addition, they seem to be taking an approach from the old days. They played many songs off of crash before the CD was ever finished.

I wonder how many people will complain about hearing the songs before the CD is released and forget that the band has taken this approach throughout their career.
    Old 04-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #114
    #40BigEyedFish

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cherone21 View Post
    I wonder how many people will complain about hearing the songs before the CD is released and forget that the band has taken this approach throughout their career.
    i ll complaing b/c before the 00 batch / lws songs....trading wasnt as accessible as it is now...ie get a song the day after it got played the night before on a webpage where all you have to do is right click....not wait for a mailer and/or do a cd snail mail trade.....by the logic of the band and their music is a live thing, then what is the point of new studio albums except to put out brand new material for the road.....stefan said what i agree w/ i d rather have a new studio album of brand new songs and then see how they develop and a yr later get a live album and see the difference than vice versa
    Old 04-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #115
    jmdt52
    alpine=heaven

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not putting too much stock into that, just seems too unreliable. Especially since there's no way they could be far enough into the process to have much of an idea for a release date. Deadlines are the last thing this album needs, and if the studio slaps one on them, God help us.
    Old 04-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #116
    Kook
    boom

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

09? no way. late summer/early fall.

marketing is a well-oiled money machine. there is no way management and rca would set-up a website, record a video and send it out in emails for the fun of it. a new album is just around the corner. once promotion starts, they've already got their calendars set and a release date penciled in. the only thing that would skewer the release is if something bad happened. promoting an album for a year would be a ridiculous waste of money.

i agree with the general feeling...

stand-up came out may 10th. we saw that album website hit late december/january, right? 4-5 months later, give or take.

we saw the new album site and the video launch late march/april. tack-on 4-5 months and we're looking at august/september.

we'll hear the first single mid-summer, a perfect time to get the mainstream fanbase excited.

release a late summer album just as college begins, followed by short winter tour and it sounds like a profitable, predictable marketing move.
    Old 04-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #117
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I'd say late November. Drops right during the Christmas buying period, perfect for the label and it gives the band plenty of time to tweak teh material. Absolutely no information to go on, just a feeling.

I agree with the guy a few posts up above: a 90-second video clip and a website that says nothing more than "coming soon" in no way indicates that an album is forthcoming, or "just around the corner."
    Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #118
    DJGeneral
    The GENERAL

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

October 7 is the current date.
    Old 04-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #119
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kook View Post
    09? no way. late summer/early fall.

marketing is a well-oiled money machine. there is no way management and rca would set-up a website, record a video and send it out in emails for the fun of it. a new album is just around the corner. once promotion starts, they've already got their calendars set and a release date penciled in. the only thing that would skewer the release is if something bad happened. promoting an album for a year would be a ridiculous waste of money.

i agree with the general feeling...

stand-up came out may 10th. we saw that album website hit late december/january, right? 4-5 months later, give or take.

we saw the new album site and the video launch late march/april. tack-on 4-5 months and we're looking at august/september.

we'll hear the first single mid-summer, a perfect time to get the mainstream fanbase excited.

release a late summer album just as college begins, followed by short winter tour and it sounds like a profitable, predictable marketing move.
    the website isn't up yet........................................and the video was a min long clip of basically nothing...the stand up site was a full fledged website for those 4 or 5 months...we dont have that yet...just accept that it probably wont be as early of a release as you think...and who cares...we are gonna have a sick summer tour WITH TIM!!!...they are gonna give us some great news either before, during, or right after the tour and then an album which could be one of the best so far...just accept and enjoy the process
    Old 04-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #120
    crashintome202

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJGeneral View Post
    October 7 is the current date.
    is this an educated guess or are you "in teh know"