*Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) - Page 7588 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-14-2020, 04:31 AM   #227611
rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
Lifetime has king of queens marathons on all Saturday

....don’t judge me
I watch that show just to see the wife.
rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-14-2020, 04:36 AM   #227612
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdmarvich View Post
    I’ll add another...The border crisis they MANUFACTURED and still managed to fuck up.
    Pretty sure there are plenty of parents that wish they had cages for their kids just about now.

Plus, it builds character. Bane turned out just fine.
    Old 04-14-2020, 04:39 AM   #227613
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Trump with the "total authority" line. love it. lol.

Guess he can over rule the constitution and Article 2?

Its great that he picks and chooses when he wants to tell the public that the states have power and when they dont.......which depends on when he wants to skew the story. But we all know he will back down on this....so he can then put the blame on the governors.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 04:44 AM   #227614
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    Or maybe it provides a little insight into what is fairly obvious.

I’m not mocking them for it. My life experience and people close to me who are liberal was enough to know this already.
    What's the insight?

What's fairly obvious?
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 04:46 AM   #227615
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Pretty sure there are plenty of parents that wish they had cages for their kids just about now.

Plus, it builds character. Bane turned out just fine.
    Never ok to joke about actual human rights violations committed by this country.
    MDPrompter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 04:55 AM   #227616
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post
    Trump with the "total authority" line. love it. lol.

Guess he can over rule the constitution and Article 2?

Its great that he picks and chooses when he wants to tell the public that the states have power and when they dont.......which depends on when he wants to skew the story. But we all know he will back down on this....so he can then put the blame on the governors.
    FS1 is playing a great PSU v tOSU game tonight. You should tune in.

Seriously though, while you're here, do you think there will be a CFB season in 2020?
    Old 04-14-2020, 04:56 AM   #227617
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdmarvich View Post
    Never ok to joke about actual human rights violations committed by this country.
    Other countries?
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:03 AM   #227618
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    FS1 is playing a great PSU v tOSU game tonight. You should tune in.

Seriously though, while you're here, do you think there will be a CFB season in 2020?

hah- you say "great". I can probably guess which game it is lol.

CFB season? No idea. I think sports will happen to empty arenas and stadiums.
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:08 AM   #227619
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Shotty's attempt to paint Liberals as the people with mental health issues is disgusting. So I have to post something from Psychology Today. Ya know... some actual experts on psychology not simply a view of the people in Shotty's life. I will post the story first and then excerpts below.

A Complete Psychological Analysis of Trump's Support

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...5QBPDxDTmbfDf8
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:09 AM   #227620
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I watch that show just to see the wife.

Yea she was dope

But the show also brings the lols

Arthur Spooner is great
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:11 AM   #227621
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

"In all fairness, we should recognize that lying is sadly not uncommon for politicians on both sides of the political aisle, but the frequency and magnitude of the current president’s lies should have us all wondering why they haven’t destroyed his political career, and instead perhaps strengthened it."

"As the list goes on, the explanations become increasingly worrisome, and toward the end, border on the pathological. It should be strongly emphasized that not all Trump supporters are racist, mentally vulnerable, or fundamentally bad people... it is just as harmful to pretend that there are not clear psychological and neural factors that underlie much of Trump supporters’ unbridled allegiance."
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:16 AM   #227622
    OK_Ant
    Custom User Title

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

This is great article I read back in 2016: https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...lass-americans
    OK_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:17 AM   #227623
    BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    I’m also pretty sure I have seen post in this thread that Republicans and Trump Supporters have mental disorders. Isn’t that the same exact thing? Those people should get the ban hammer too right?
    Source on the bold?

Don't make shit up, Tyler.

Quote:
    See, cats are clearly the smartest house pet

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!

Last edited by BTBaboon; 04-14-2020 at 05:18 AM.
    BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:24 AM   #227624
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

every one of donny's press briefing updates are a joke...yesterday was an absolute disgrace. how is there anybody still out there defending this piece of shit? he's beyond a nightmare. it's beyond embarrassing.

pure garbage on every level.

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:24 AM   #227625
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

So yeah, Shotty trying to paint half of liberals as being mentally ill is pretty disgusting and ban worthy, but it isn't surprising from him in the slightest. This guy has gone completely off the rails over the past 3 years. When he was banned a month or so ago, this thread was infinitely more civil, more policy oriented, and vastly more informative; the second he came back things went right back to being a shit-show.

Time for mods to address this more seriously. He PM's people personal attacks when he can't come up with anything to back his views in the thread. He rarely ever engages in good-faith debate. He brings nothing of substance or value to the thread except trollish behavior and some across-the-line personal attacks.

Old 04-14-2020, 05:25 AM   #227626
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

1. Practicality Trumps Morality
    These people have put their practical concerns above their moral ones.

2. The Brain’s Attention System Is More Strongly Engaged by Trump
    Trump kept both attention and emotional arousal high throughout the viewing session. This pattern of activity was seen even when Trump made remarks that individuals didn’t necessarily agree with.

3. America’s Obsession with Entertainment and Celebrities

4. “Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn.”
    They may have such distaste for the establishment and democrats like Hillary Clinton that their support for Trump is a symbolic middle finger directed at Washington. These people may have other issues, like an innate desire to troll others or an obsession with schadenfreude.

5. The Fear Factor: Conservatives Are More Sensitive to Threat
    Science has shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening. These brain responses are automatic and not influenced by logic or reason. As long as Trump continues to portray Muslims and Hispanic immigrants as imminent threats, many conservative brains will involuntarily light up like light bulbs being controlled by a switch.

6. The Power of Mortality Reminders and Perceived Existential Threat
    Not only do death reminders increase nationalism, they may influence voting habits in favor of more conservative presidential candidates. And more disturbingly, in a study with American students, scientists found that making mortality salient increased support for extreme military interventions by American forces that could kill thousands of civilians overseas. Interestingly, the effect was present only in conservatives.

By constantly emphasizing existential threat, Trump may be creating a psychological condition that makes the brain respond positively rather than negatively to bigoted statements and divisive rhetoric.

7. The Dunning-Kruger Effect: Humans Often Overestimate Their Political Expertise
    Some who support Donald Trump are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. This includes political judgment. These people cannot be reached because they mistakenly believe they are the ones who should be reaching others.

8. Relative Deprivation — A Misguided Sense of Entitlement
    Relative deprivation refers to the experience of being deprived of something to which one believes they are entitled. It is the discontent felt when one compares their position in life to others who they feel are equal or inferior but have unfairly had more success than them.

9. Lack of Exposure to Dissimilar Others
    it’s important to note that there is growing evidence that Trump’s white supporters have experienced significantly less contact with minorities than other Americans.

10. Trump’s Conspiracy Theories Target the Mentally Vulnerable
    While the conspiracy theory crowd — who predominantly support Donald Trump and crackpot allies like Alex Jones and the shadowy QAnon — may appear to just be an odd quirk of modern society, some of them may suffer from psychological illnesses that involve paranoia and delusions, such as schizophrenia, or are at least vulnerable to them, like those with schizotypy personalities. Donald Trump and media allies target these people directly.

11. Trump Taps into the Nation’s Collective Narcissism
    Collective narcissism is an unrealistic shared belief in the greatness of one’s national group. It often occurs when a group who believes it represents the ‘true identity’ of a nation — the ‘ingroup,’ in this case White Americans — perceives itself as being disadvantaged compared to outgroups who are getting ahead of them ‘unrightfully.’

12. The Desire to Want to Dominate Others
    refers to people who have a preference for the societal hierarchy of groups, specifically with a structure in which the high-status groups have dominance over the low-status ones. Those with SDO are typically dominant, tough-minded, and driven by self-interest.

13. Authoritarian Personality
    Those with this personality often display aggression toward outgroup members, submissiveness to authority, resistance to new experiences, and a rigid hierarchical view of society. Authoritarianism is often triggered by fear, making it easy for leaders who exaggerate threat or fear monger to gain their allegiance.

14. Racism and Bigotry
    It would be grossly unfair and inaccurate to say that every one of Trump’s supporters have prejudice against ethnic and religious minorities, but it would be equally inaccurate to say that few do. The Republican party, going at least as far back to Richard Nixon’s “southern strategy,” has historically used tactics that appealed to bigotry, such as lacing speeches with “dog whistles” — code words that signaled prejudice toward minorities that were designed to be heard by racists but no one else.

While the dog whistles of the past were subtler, Trump’s signaling is sometimes shockingly direct. There’s no denying that he routinely appeals to racist and bigoted supporters when he calls Muslims “dangerous” and Mexican immigrants “rapists” and “murderers,” often in a blanketed fashion. Perhaps unsurprisingly, a recent study has shown that support for Trump is correlated with a standard scale of modern racism
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:26 AM   #227627
    dre2142
    Get it done

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    every one of donny's press briefing updates are a joke...yesterday was an absolute disgrace. how is there anybody still out there defending this piece of shit? he's beyond a nightmare. it's beyond embarrassing.

pure garbage on every level.

hes shitting on the media asking questions, and the "briefings" are far too long. theyre pushing 2 hours plus lately. Its ridiculous.
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:28 AM   #227628
    TablesTurnAgain

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...al-illness.php

This is the least surprising thing Ive ever read. 45.9% of young white liberals have been diagnosed with a mental health condition.
    45.9% saw your posts and went to seek professional help
    TablesTurnAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:29 AM   #227629
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
    See, cats are clearly the smartest house pet
    If cats were smart, those tigers would have turned Carol Baskins in for killing her husband.
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:32 AM   #227630
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post
    hah- you say "great". I can probably guess which game it is lol.

CFB season? No idea. I think sports will happen to empty arenas and stadiums.
    Yeah, I don't think you'd want to watch. The other day I saw a tOSU v Purdue game was on, so texted my brother and dad to tune in for the Holy Buckeye game. Spoiler alert: It was NOT the Holy Buckeye game.

I'd take CFB with no fans but it'll be weird. But, I'm such a psycho fan, I'll still tune in every week.
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:32 AM   #227631
    BTBaboon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If cats were smart, those tigers would have turned Carol Baskins in for killing her husband.
    They aren't going to turn someone in for a free meal. They're smart, but they ain't no snitches!

Old 04-14-2020, 05:33 AM   #227632
    MDPrompter
    Prmpter Chief Economist

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Other countries?
    Fair game
    MDPrompter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:44 AM   #227633
    ricky towel

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Maybe more people with a mental health diagnosis are liberal because it helps them see the benefits of a liberal agenda.

Is there any charts showing people with health problems mental or otherwise and where they tend to lean?

Someone regularly involved in healthcare might be more likely to think we need to change it.
    ricky towel is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:49 AM   #227634
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone work with someone, typically a tech person, where you ask a simple question and then they give an answer that's overly complex and doesn't even answer your question? So frustrating.
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:50 AM   #227635
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Anyone work with someone, typically a tech person, where you ask a simple question and then they give an answer that's overly complex and doesn't even answer your question? So frustrating.
    I feel like that's every companies IT dept's MO
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:54 AM   #227636
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    Maybe more people with a mental health diagnosis are liberal because it helps them see the benefits of a liberal agenda.

Is there any charts showing people with health problems mental or otherwise and where they tend to lean?

Someone regularly involved in healthcare might be more likely to think we need to change it.

Plus most people I’ve met with depression seem to be much more empathetic than most.
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:54 AM   #227637
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post

Old 04-14-2020, 05:55 AM   #227638
    ricky towel

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post

Well I don’t need to read a study to know you have to be a maniac to support Trump.
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:57 AM   #227639
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

More liberals have mental health diagnoses than conservatives because liberals want to offer them actual help and conservatives want them to “just cheer up” you fucking goon.
    Old 04-14-2020, 05:59 AM   #227640
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

My Tour Central Stats

Cue the Trump Cult cognitive bias to explain this one. “When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total.”