***Official SoCal Irvine 2023*** - Page 7 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-28-2023, 09:39 AM   #181
bfiddler

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official SoCal Irvine 2023***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibby1044 View Post
Can someone explain why it was so short compared to 99% of shows? Only other one this year like this was Maryland where Carter wasn’t dealing with humidity Well.
on night 2 davespeak stated "Got a little frog in my throat, it's a pretty frog, but a frog none the less" and he asked the crowd if they could ease into it.. his voice definitely has something going on , its happens and the band respects trying to keep Dave going rather than cancelling a show.
bfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-28-2023, 09:57 AM   #182
    bfiddler

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Let's do this! Terrible venue! Fun times!
    Guess everyone has different perspectives, I came up from San Diego for this and it was my first time at Five points. I found it to be the best outdoor venue compared to crappy Chula Vista.
    Five points was EASY to get in and out , and the hang out section with food trucks and grass is loads better than Chula Vista, I hope they never play Chula again and only Irvine... I imagine though compared to other outdoor venues in general maybe its not tops, but saying its all relative.
    I suffered for years in Chula
    Old 08-28-2023, 10:19 AM   #183
    sandiegoant
    So damn lucky

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

My first suffering in Chula Vista started in 2001 shortly after I moved to San Diego from the East Coast. The drive up the 5 for the Saturday show wasn’t terrible, and yeah, getting in and out was easy. Probably my favorite part was driving past the abandoned hangars on the way into the parking lot. I will bet my life that that one on the left definitely at some point had aliens in it. ��
    sandiegoant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-28-2023, 10:44 AM   #184
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

One of the best pits on the tour. Gonna miss it!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-28-2023, 02:53 PM   #185
    Doezer

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone have a link that shows the different variants of the posters offered? Sunset, sunrise, night, etc…?
    Doezer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-28-2023, 03:51 PM   #186
    Mountains#41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandiegoant View Post
    Okay, that was indeed the stupidest venue I’ve ever been to. It looks like a pop-up venue. Using the word “amphitheater” in the title…Well let’s just say amphitheater is being overly generous. It’s chairs and half assed risers being set up on concrete in the middle of nowhere.

Having said that, it might be my new favorite venue just for the fact that from getting in my seat in the 200 level to getting onto the freeway was about 6 minutes. They have the exit procedure down to a science, andd sure, you’re driving through an abandoned airfield to get in and out and it’s not really roads you’re on so much as fences that are laid out into shaping you into something that resembles a road, but hot damn that was downright delightful to get out of.
    Kind of wondering if more venues will go this route. Doesn't cost much to build/maintain, easy to move, logistics make sense. All the bands really require is the stage and ease of load in/load out. Think backstage could easily just be their tour buses/trailers these days.
    Mountains#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-29-2023, 05:41 PM   #187
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

FYI, the City of Irvine voted a few weeks ago, to sever the Amphitheatre's relationship with Live Nation.

They're also moving forward with an even smaller design and capacity than the 12K-15K that LN had been seeking.

There sadly will never be another venue like Irvine Meadows, and I wonder how long they'll take before a new one is even approved, let alone built.
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-30-2023, 10:15 AM   #188
    bfiddler

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
    FYI, the City of Irvine voted a few weeks ago, to sever the Amphitheatre's relationship with Live Nation.

They're also moving forward with an even smaller design and capacity than the 12K-15K that LN had been seeking.

There sadly will never be another venue like Irvine Meadows, and I wonder how long they'll take before a new one is even approved, let alone built.
    noooo! what does that mean?
    Old 08-31-2023, 02:10 PM   #189
    dsim

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I believe the Irvine City Counsel voted for no stadium period. So, I was thinking BMO stadium next to the LA Coliseum and USC. Seats 22k for a soccer game. Concert maybe 15-17? It a nice vibe. Big grass area and could be a huge pit. Irvine had no bad seats, but an earthquake would have taken it down in a second. Loved the tailgate at the old Irvine Meadows, but the attendants were crazed if you danced in the aisles. By the way, did you know there was a wild animal park next door to the old venue? On occasion, a lion would escape and close down the entire area. Always dreamed of rescuing all those animals in the middle of the night.
    dsim is offline   Reply With Quote