Radiohead Discussion - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 12-23-2004, 11:40 AM   #121
Red_41
Dragonfly Karma

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Radiohead Discussion

Hi Nick! ... mwaaa ha ha ha ha!

Storing nuts for the winter.
Red_41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #122
    NickBush24
    Vanilla Coke Junkie

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Hello there... hehehehe... >_>
    NickBush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #123
    Red_41
    Dragonfly Karma

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NickBush24
    Hello there... hehehehe... >_>
    Nice to meet you ... I've heard Soooooo many good things about you! ... I've also been "told" to "be a good girl" hehehehehe ...

Seriously ... ... glad you're here!

Old 12-23-2004, 12:15 PM   #124
    NickBush24
    Vanilla Coke Junkie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_41
    Nice to meet you ... I've heard Soooooo many good things about you! ... I've also been "told" to "be a good girl" hehehehehe ...

Seriously ... ... glad you're here!
    Thanks

Hopefully I'll get to know some good people here @_@
    NickBush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-23-2004, 12:55 PM   #125
    bron
    ~belle fille~

My Tour Central Stats

Nick? As in Mama's Nick?? WORD! Hey...nice to have you aboard....
    Old 12-23-2004, 01:00 PM   #126
    Red_41
    Dragonfly Karma

My Tour Central Stats

Yup! lotsa good people here Nick ... glad to have you dude! ... You just met two crazy Canadian chicks!

Old 12-23-2004, 06:23 PM   #127
    Carbon Copy
    Can you still have fun?

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MistreatedLewis

You have good taste in Radiohead.

And anyone who likes Radiohead has good taste in music.
    true that
    Carbon Copy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-24-2004, 04:53 AM   #128
    nlaposta1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I would take Kid A over OKC anyday of the week. Here's my reasoning. Kid A is much much better top to bottom - more consistent and just a great listen. If I have time to listen to the whole thing, its just wow. However, the tracks on Kid A aren't as good as some of those on OKC.

I challenge anyone to find a better opening five tracks on any album in the history of mankind than those on OKC - airbag, PA, subterranean, Exit music, let down. Six if karma police is your bag, personally i am not a big fan. but imho after let down the album drops off quite a bit - electioneering, climbing up the walls, no surprises... i think mediocre. Lucky is INCREDIBLE however, and then the tourist is another downer.

The last half of Kid A is like one AWESOME Song - optimistic, in limbo (simply incredible sound) into optimistic into idioteque into morning bell.... and don't forget these songs are all after anthem, disappear, and everything.

My order is like this

Kid A
    OKC
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    The Bends
    Pablo

Amnesiac is pretty gold too. Packt has an awesome eastern and western mix. Pyramid, the timing of the song, although in 4/4, sounds like its from the other side of the universe. Revolving doors - can't think of the real name now - is a great mix. army is awesome. I might be wrong is good. knives out is stunning. dollars is amazing. spinning plates (Thom's favourite onthe album) is a big thumbs up. Another awesome album. Originally Kid A and Amnesiac was going to be one huge album, I'd like to hear people's ideas on those possible track listings...

and btw i was at the toronto show where the cover band replayed okc from start to finish. lets just say they butchered quite a few songs, let down was particularly, well, a let down. But they actually had a cello for airbag which was cool.

Anyway, yeah that is my reasoning. I could talk radiohead all day.
    nlaposta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-24-2004, 08:40 AM   #129
    Obsessor Of 41

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nlaposta1
    I would take Kid A over OKC anyday of the week. Here's my reasoning. Kid A is much much better top to bottom - more consistent and just a great listen. If I have time to listen to the whole thing, its just wow. However, the tracks on Kid A aren't as good as some of those on OKC.

I challenge anyone to find a better opening five tracks on any album in the history of mankind than those on OKC - airbag, PA, subterranean, Exit music, let down. Six if karma police is your bag, personally i am not a big fan. but imho after let down the album drops off quite a bit - electioneering, climbing up the walls, no surprises... i think mediocre. Lucky is INCREDIBLE however, and then the tourist is another downer.

The last half of Kid A is like one AWESOME Song - optimistic, in limbo (simply incredible sound) into optimistic into idioteque into morning bell.... and don't forget these songs are all after anthem, disappear, and everything.

My order is like this

Kid A
    OKC
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    The Bends
    Pablo

Amnesiac is pretty gold too. Packt has an awesome eastern and western mix. Pyramid, the timing of the song, although in 4/4, sounds like its from the other side of the universe. Revolving doors - can't think of the real name now - is a great mix. army is awesome. I might be wrong is good. knives out is stunning. dollars is amazing. spinning plates (Thom's favourite onthe album) is a big thumbs up. Another awesome album. Originally Kid A and Amnesiac was going to be one huge album, I'd like to hear people's ideas on those possible track listings...

and btw i was at the toronto show where the cover band replayed okc from start to finish. lets just say they butchered quite a few songs, let down was particularly, well, a let down. But they actually had a cello for airbag which was cool.

Anyway, yeah that is my reasoning. I could talk radiohead all day.

Boy am I glad to have another huge Radioheadhead on the website! We need to keep building this thread so that we can get some great conversation about this band going on.

Now, in regards to your comments....I really think you made a great point when you said that there are songs on OKC which are better then every song on Kid A, but Kid A is more consistent. But, I still think that OKC is better. I think the scale is tipped by Let Down, then the rest of the battles are mere skirmishes. I think it is a battle between Let Down and How to Disappear Completely, and what a battle it is, but at the end of the battle How to Disappear just can't keep standing and falls from exhaustion. I think OKC's darkhorse is Climbing Up Walls, I mean coooooooome on, this song is scarily amazing. I think Kid A's second-in-command is Idioteque, with Anthem as the Speaker of the House and Everything as Secretary of State. But in the end, Electioneering, Lucky, and No Suprises are able to overcome this formidable line-up. Lest we not for get the Super Single "Karma Police" which will carry the main-stream fans. This is why I think OKC wins by a margin, small or large.
    Obsessor Of 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #130
    Obsessor Of 41

My Tour Central Stats

Scary Thom:

I am the key to the lock in your house
    That keeps your toys in the basement
    And if you get too far inside
    You'll only see my reflection
    It's always best when the light is off
    I am the pick in the ice
    Do not cry out or hit the alarm
    You know we're friends 'til we die

And either way you turn
    I'll be there
    Open up your skull
    I'll be there
    Climbing up the walls

It's always best when the light is off
    It's always better on the outside
    Fifteen blows to the back of your head
    Fifteen blows to your mind
    So lock the kids up safe tonight
    Shut the eyes in the cupboard
    I got the smell of a local man
    Who's got the loneliest feeling

That either way he turns
    I'll be there
    Open up your skull
    I'll be there
    Climbing up the walls
    Climbing up the walls
    Climbing up the walls
    Old 01-07-2005, 07:32 AM   #131
    nlaposta1

My Tour Central Stats

ok I honestly have given climbing up the walls a try. But I just can't get into it at all.

But I am starting to LOVE exit music.
    Old 01-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #132
    Hench

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

whoever said OKC gets dull after Let Down uh........?? ok, fitter happier is a pretty stupid throwaway, but the rest? electioneering is a great, track very upbeat, gets the blood flowing. climbing up the walls is perfectly sinister. no surprises is one of the better songs they've ever done, beautiful and poignant. and the tourist is a great song as well, great way to wind things down.

and I do agree with you on airbag and let down, those are 2 of my favorite r-head songs...the only part I disagree with you on is exit music...just doesn't too much for me. all in all an amazing album.
    Hench is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #133
    nlaposta1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hench
    whoever said OKC gets dull after Let Down uh........?? ok, fitter happier is a pretty stupid throwaway, but the rest? electioneering is a great, track very upbeat, gets the blood flowing. climbing up the walls is perfectly sinister. no surprises is one of the better songs they've ever done, beautiful and poignant. and the tourist is a great song as well, great way to wind things down.

and I do agree with you on airbag and let down, those are 2 of my favorite r-head songs...the only part I disagree with you on is exit music...just doesn't too much for me. all in all an amazing album.
    exit music is awesome, the lyrics and music how they swell together - the start of the song is slow and Thom's singing about waking up, packing bags, very dreamily... by the end the music is going crazy, and he is yelling about choking people.

brilliant.
    Old 01-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #134
    Hench

Shows Seen: 22

My Tour Central Stats

well he doesn't talk about specifically choking anyone, just "we hope that you choke"...and it's kinda murmured, not screamed. just if you wanna split hairs...
    Hench is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-07-2005, 11:43 AM   #135
    nlaposta1

My Tour Central Stats

wait, you're right, but he is yelling before that, something about we are one or something. Anyway I love the crescendo towards the end. but karma, fitter, electioneering, climbing, surprises, and the tourist do NOTHING for me. And that's why I would take Kid A as an album over OKC. but I still can't think of any album in the history of man that has a better top five than those on ok computer.
    Old 01-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #136
    Obsessor Of 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hench

My good sir do not forget Lucky! You skipped right over it.
    Old 01-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #137
    Obsessor Of 41

My Tour Central Stats

To all Antsmarching Forum Users:

Been thinking about YOU.....

-Thom
    Old 01-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #138
    ZanerDMB91
    OhHamletHamletHamlet

My Tour Central Stats

All the things we've got, that we'll never need.

Buying our cigarettes from private companies
    ZanerDMB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2005, 10:03 PM   #139
    Obsessor Of 41

My Tour Central Stats

At the 1:29 mark of Bullet Proof (I Wish I Was), Thom hits one of his most epic notes IMO. Very subtle, but the not is haunting.
    Old 01-12-2005, 10:13 PM   #140
    ZanerDMB91
    OhHamletHamletHamlet

My Tour Central Stats

The entrance of the drums on Exit Music is a moment of epiphany, I cant describe it, its beautiful, its an awakening
    ZanerDMB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2005, 12:50 PM   #141
    tarheel997
    that guy

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

street spirit(fade out)..wow
    Old 01-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #142
    JoeOfwhereIam
    Peace.

Shows Seen: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I <3 Radiohead.
    JoeOfwhereIam is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-17-2005, 01:17 PM   #143
    loogs91
    Papi Claus

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Obsessor Of 41
    Boy am I glad to have another huge Radioheadhead on the website! We need to keep building this thread so that we can get some great conversation about this band going on.

Now, in regards to your comments....I really think you made a great point when you said that there are songs on OKC which are better then every song on Kid A, but Kid A is more consistent. But, I still think that OKC is better. I think the scale is tipped by Let Down, then the rest of the battles are mere skirmishes. I think it is a battle between Let Down and How to Disappear Completely, and what a battle it is, but at the end of the battle How to Disappear just can't keep standing and falls from exhaustion. I think OKC's darkhorse is Climbing Up Walls, I mean coooooooome on, this song is scarily amazing. I think Kid A's second-in-command is Idioteque, with Anthem as the Speaker of the House and Everything as Secretary of State. But in the end, Electioneering, Lucky, and No Suprises are able to overcome this formidable line-up. Lest we not for get the Super Single "Karma Police" which will carry the main-stream fans. This is why I think OKC wins by a margin, small or large.

I agree more with the first guy, i like Kid A.
    Everythign is probably my favorite rh songv (except possibly true love waits), and though i'm not a fan of Kid A, i'm liking it more now. Anthem is awsome, and How to Diisppear is absolutely fantstic. I think Motion picture is radiohead's best closing song on an album. I also feel that it flows better as an album. OCK starts out with a great flow, all the way up through electioneering, but that song is so out of place. And, for some reason, i only see Let Down as a good song, not a masterpice like many rh fans do.
    So, although OKC has awesome songs liek airbag and PA, i give it to Kid A because of how it flows, and MPS.
    Old 01-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #144
    nlaposta1

My Tour Central Stats

all about the flow. But if you asked me to name my favourite radiohead songs, there's be at least a couple, if not a few, ahead of any of the songs on Kid A.
    Old 01-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #145
    nlaposta1

My Tour Central Stats

By the way, I finally gave in and bought I Might Be Wrong - the Live Recordings. I could not believe my ears when I heard the piano version of Like Spinning Plates. Incredible.
    Old 01-17-2005, 01:35 PM   #146
    loogs91
    Papi Claus

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, (aside from everything) my favorite songs are all on other albums. TLW, PA, fake plastic trees, Packt, 2+2=5, wolf at the door, etc, are all gerat
    Old 02-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #147
    Obsessor Of 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nlaposta1
    By the way, I finally gave in and bought I Might Be Wrong - the Live Recordings. I could not believe my ears when I heard the piano version of Like Spinning Plates. Incredible.
    Yeah, that's what got me hooked on Like Spinning Plates. Did anyone catch the Radiohead concert on Showtime? I TIVO'd it and have been watching it over and over. Lots of fun.
    Old 02-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #148
    brendangen412
    Plumbing Joe

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Like Spinning Plates at Bridge School Benefit, AWESOME!
    Sweeping the Ghettos of DMBc
    brendangen412 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #149
    Pat M

My Tour Central Stats

Pat M is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2005, 10:55 AM   #150
    drfindley
    Vinyl junkie

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

OK so I am a huge radiohead fan and I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. I have tons of both DMB and Radiohead Vids, and I must say I have watched more of my radiohead vids. Glastonbury 2003 is amazing. Oh and I saw them here in Utah, and I'm almost ashamed to admit, on these boards even, but wow they totally blew DMB out of the water at the concert. I mean DMB can jam tons better than them, but the mood they set and the amazing energy wow.

My favorite in albumn order goes the same as a previous poster:

Kid A (Every time I listen to this album, I have this feeling that I have listend to a perfect albumn
    OK Computer (This is the albumn that got me hooked in the first place. Beautiful album, would recommend listening to it all through)
    Amnesiac (Hated it at first, now I love it. It's all the chaos that didn't fit Kid A.)
    Hail to the Theif ( A little poliitcal for me, but still great. There There is one of my all time favorites)
    Pablo Honey ( A little gem, but I think I enjoy it more when I hear Christopher O'Rielly play it then Radiohead [unless it's live!])

On OKC songs:
    I love Climbing up the walls, it's haunting sounds is amazing, and the feedback at the end, wow.
    Lucky is just classic.
    Let Down amazing 5/4 4/4 beat, I wish they knew how to play this more in concert.
    Exit music is wonderful as well.
    I don't think people give Fitter Happier enough credit, although the song is disturbing, it's amazing how they took some pretty bland prose, put it through a bland computer, added some ambient noise, and it makes you want to cry and go call your mommy because you are so scared. I Actually find that it's power is pointing out how in life we seem to get stuck in a rut and we ignore those things happening around us.

I have probably close to 30 concerts if any one is interested in a trade. And yes I have the full Glastonbury '97. And the Salamonaca concert where they took requests, and a ton of others. Jealous? I'd be happy to share. (DVD's as well)