***Official Irvine 2009 Tour Thread*** - Page 27 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #781
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Irvine 2009 Tour Thread***

Thanks for not hating us locals. We are not all douch bags like the people behind you. Have to remember that a lot of the people at that show have a sense of entitlement because of who they think are and where they live. Very sad statement, but it rings true.

Not sure if you saw the people from LiveNation right after you walked in the main gates, but they were offering $10 upgrades from Lawn to Terrace. Little to late I know, but I had not seen that before at a show. Something to keep in mind for Summer 2010.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #782
    tuckle upurself
    that's what she said

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Thanks for not hating us locals. We are not all douch bags like the people behind you. Have to remember that a lot of the people at that show have a sense of entitlement because of who they think are and where they live. Very sad statement, but it rings true.

Not sure if you saw the people from LiveNation right after you walked in the main gates, but they were offering $10 upgrades from Lawn to Terrace. Little to late I know, but I had not seen that before at a show. Something to keep in mind for Summer 2010.
    no i missed that! but thanks for the heads up for next time i'll keep an eye out for them.
    *engaged @ the Gorge during #41 9/2/07*
    i love you oh so well, like a kid loves candy & fresh snow
    tuckle upurself is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #783
    mmccoy173

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tuckle upurself View Post
    Ok, I never come on this site to bitch about anything but this past weekend at Irvine was so ridiculous that I had to say something.

I guess I need to ask about 'lawn etiquette'. In the 23 shows I've been to across the country since 2000-whether it be seats or lawn, I've always stood up for the entire show. I love dancing and singing along. Also in those 23 shows, I have not once ever been told to sit down, since everyone else stands anyways that if I sat I wouldn't be able to see from most vantage points.

I know that the rules for Irvine parking lots were a lot stricter than Chula Vista, another reason I didn't even attempt to tailgate, but are the rules at the venue different too? My friends and I had a front row spot on the lawn for one hour before the show started and were standing up, and as soon as the show started a handful of people started screaming at us to sit down. As in 'Sit the F**k down you f***king assholes before I make you!' and threw food and garbage at us and one other person near us who was also standing. Needless to say, the rest of the lawn was standing, it only seemed to be our section behind us that was sitting. We were then told by another person about 6 songs in 'she's pregnant so you need to sit down'. If you're pregnant at a DMB show I think us standing is the least of your problems with everything you're inhaling around you.

Eventually we moved halfway through the set to where more people were standing but I was seriously shocked that anyone would be sitting down or yell at us to sit for that matter. So were we the ones in the wrong here and being rude for not sitting? This problem has never happened to any of us in the past no matter where we sat, unless this is some Irvine thing. Keep in mind none of us were drunk or beligerent or waving our arms around or anything, just standing and dancing in place. Whether it's the rules or not, none of us will be returning to this venue. If I wanted to sit for an entire show I'd get tickets to see Celine Dion. I am there to have a good time and am forever dancing with the Groogrux King.
    Wow that sucks! Whoever is complaining about other people standing at a venue like Irvine Meadows should not be attending, especially DMB shows. I'm sorry you had that experience. I was in LOGE 5 and everyone around me was awesome. Ben, yea I noticed it seemed like everyone sat down during squirm, including me, probably because of the 20min Jimi followed by Why I Am. I had lawn for Jack Johnson in Irvine last year and the sound was awful, thankfully my brother and his wife were in mid pavilion and they got me down to an empty seat right in front of them that no one showed for. I was impressed with Irvine this year, seemed like all the hype was for Chula, yet seemed like Irvine had more energy from the band and crowd.
    mmccoy173 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #784
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

What row were you in? I was in EE, like my bra size.

I agree also, Irvine trumped Chula this year. For what ever reason, Chula just didn't get the usual show. Maybe the Gorge/Greek run caught up with them. Dave was way more chatty at Irvine too.
    Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #785
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ok, I never come on this site to bitch about anything but this past weekend at Irvine was so ridiculous that I had to say something.

I guess I need to ask about 'lawn etiquette'. In the 23 shows I've been to across the country since 2000-whether it be seats or lawn, I've always stood up for the entire show. I love dancing and singing along. Also in those 23 shows, I have not once ever been told to sit down, since everyone else stands anyways that if I sat I wouldn't be able to see from most vantage points.

I know that the rules for Irvine parking lots were a lot stricter than Chula Vista, another reason I didn't even attempt to tailgate, but are the rules at the venue different too? My friends and I had a front row spot on the lawn for one hour before the show started and were standing up, and as soon as the show started a handful of people started screaming at us to sit down. As in 'Sit the F**k down you f***king assholes before I make you!' and threw food and garbage at us and one other person near us who was also standing. Needless to say, the rest of the lawn was standing, it only seemed to be our section behind us that was sitting. We were then told by another person about 6 songs in 'she's pregnant so you need to sit down'. If you're pregnant at a DMB show I think us standing is the least of your problems with everything you're inhaling around you.

Eventually we moved halfway through the set to where more people were standing but I was seriously shocked that anyone would be sitting down or yell at us to sit for that matter. So were we the ones in the wrong here and being rude for not sitting? This problem has never happened to any of us in the past no matter where we sat, unless this is some Irvine thing. Keep in mind none of us were drunk or beligerent or waving our arms around or anything, just standing and dancing in place. Whether it's the rules or not, none of us will be returning to this venue. If I wanted to sit for an entire show I'd get tickets to see Celine Dion. I am there to have a good time and am forever dancing with the Groogrux King.
    I have to comment on this as my companions had the same issue. a) yes, you stand at concerts. This isn't a game. It's a concert and you sing and dance. b) don't threaten two girls and push 'em so that they decide to just go out and wait outside the venue. If I were up there and saw that my night would be over and that person would probably still be feeling me.

So I feel for ya big time and is total BS!!
    ZMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #786
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I agree also, Irvine trumped Chula this year. For what ever reason, Chula just didn't get the usual show. Maybe the Gorge/Greek run caught up with them. Dave was way more chatty at Irvine too.
    I was in row ll in 5 and they were sittin all around me too. Seemed like me and my buddy were one of the few that were standing.
    Old 09-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #787
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zacbecerra View Post
    I was in row ll in 5 and they were sittin all around me too. Seemed like me and my buddy were one of the few that were standing.
    What, you were on Loge 5 too? We could have had our own little Ants party at the show. The seats next to me were empty all night.
    Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #788
    tuckle upurself
    that's what she said

My Tour Central Stats

That's horrible! No one ever got physical with us, just threatened us multiple times and threw things at us but we just ignored them. I'm not a confrontational person, nor do I ever want to be kicked out of a DMB show before it starts because of some other jerk. I've only seen violence at Darien Lake shows, there's always a fight somewhere behind me and I end up getting pushed, but that's because tailgating is welcomed and everyone on the lawn is plastered. Just wasn't expecting it here.

We just figured, eh it's lawn which sucks but this is Cali and everyone should be really laid back and chill. I never sit down for any song, I guess I just assume it's a concert and you're there to dance and sing and those who want to sit either get seats or sit way in the back up top on the lawn (since sitting in the front row of the lawn where we were makes it unable to see also with the people in the rows of seats standing in front of you) I have a feeling the people behind us were just watching the screens instead of the actual stage.
    Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #789
    tuckle upurself
    that's what she said

My Tour Central Stats

p.s. Whodat, your avatar has convinced me to get In-n-Out for dinner tonight since I keep staring at it
    Old 09-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #790
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    p.s. Whodat, your avatar has convinced me to get In-n-Out for dinner tonight since I keep staring at it
    Good choice, you won't be disappointed. Glad I could be of service. Or push you over the edge. Depends on how you look at.
    Old 09-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #791
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

While I sympathize with the physical changes a woman can go through during pregnancy, if that person really cared about their physical health, they would of gotten a real seat instead of the Irvine lawn, and climbed that hill.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #792
    tuckle upurself
    that's what she said

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    While I sympathize with the physical changes a woman can go through during pregnancy, if that person really cared about their physical health, they would of gotten a real seat instead of the Irvine lawn, and climbed that hill.
    Definitely. I didn't even see the woman the guy was talking about who was pregnant so I don't know how far along she was, but they were sitting next to the big group of people throwing things and screaming at us. Once we were told that I just didn't want to put up with any more BS and just left.
    Old 09-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #793
    AngelsFan

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What, you were on Loge 5 too? We could have had our own little Ants party at the show. The seats next to me were empty all night.
    and I was in Loge 5 too! row DD --like my bra size!

I'll be back 'round again... yes I'll walk in time with you old friend
    2013: Chula | Irvine | Shoreline
    AngelsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #794
    AngelsFan

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

OK, I didn't back read so not sure if anyone else posted this... but here's a review of the Irvine show!

http://soundcheck.freedomblogging.co...verizon/11739/

I'll be back 'round again... yes I'll walk in time with you old friend
    2013: Chula | Irvine | Shoreline
    AngelsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #795
    JForster

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Help me with the quote...
    "I love coming back here. I was riding my bike on the trails back there and I ran over a bobcat. SO I ate him!" does that sound about right. I almost spit up my drink when i heard that cuz it was soooooo funny!
    JForster is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #796
    mmccoy173

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I was in loge 5 TT

Sounded sorta tinny at times, probably because of where I was at. But it didn't matter because the show was freaking awesome!

On the other hand, Chula sounded amazing from 2nd row in 204!!
    mmccoy173 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #797
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Way late - I know. Couldn't update through twitterberry from the show. Anyway - getting some pictures of Irvine uploaded to my twitter account this morning. Just follow davet7462
    davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #798
    YouKnowThatItIS
    Go Bucks!

Shows Seen: 124

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JForster View Post
    Help me with the quote...
    "I love coming back here. I was riding my bike on the trails back there and I ran over a bobcat. SO I ate him!" does that sound about right. I almost spit up my drink when i heard that cuz it was soooooo funny!
    I think he went on to say he "is still tasting the bobcat, MMMM Bobcat."

Or something along those lines. Anyone download the show and have a direct quote?
    Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #799
    love22
    www.myLoVEsign.com

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mmccoy173 View Post
    Wow that sucks! Whoever is complaining about other people standing at a venue like Irvine Meadows should not be attending, especially DMB shows. I'm sorry you had that experience.

Sounds like those complaining people needed a LoVE pin!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngelsFan View Post
    OK, I didn't back read so not sure if anyone else posted this... but here's a review of the Irvine show!

http://soundcheck.freedomblogging.co...verizon/11739/

See Dave's on picture 15 in the slide show alongside the review (on his left thigh). What a man.
    love22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #800
    tuckle upurself
    that's what she said

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by love22 View Post

See Dave's on picture 15 in the slide show alongside the review (on his left thigh). What a man.

i need to get me one of those. saw the 'Love' sign at the Chula show
    Old 09-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #801
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post

Or something along those lines. Anyone download the show and have a direct quote?
    "And when I belch now I still taste him. Bobcat."
    Old 09-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #802
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by love22 View Post
    Or a love t shirt!!!
    Old 09-16-2009, 03:53 PM   #803
    ZMB
    Steady As I Go

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post

HEY ANTS!! I found a great post on youtube exactly what you are looking for. And there are a couple of good posts by the guy or gal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBiCyH-CSXA
    Old 09-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #804
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zacbecerra View Post
    HEY ANTS!! I found a great post on youtube exactly what you are looking for. And there are a couple of good posts by the guy or gal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBiCyH-CSXA
    Nice find, Zac! That was hilarious - especially Dave's little shrug at the end. I had forgotten his look - priceless.

For anybody who cares - Koch's tape from this show is extraordinary. Well worth the download.
    Old 09-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #805
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davet7462 View Post
    Nice find, Zac! That was hilarious - especially Dave's little shrug at the end. I had forgotten his look - priceless.

For anybody who cares - Koch's tape from this show is extraordinary. Well worth the download.
    Couldn't agree more Dave. I listened to both his pulls, Chula and Irvine, at The Stone Forums yesterday. Top notch doesn't even do begin to do the quality justice.
    Old 09-17-2009, 06:49 AM   #806
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Couldn't agree more Dave. I listened to both his pulls, Chula and Irvine, at The Stone Forums yesterday. Top notch doesn't even do begin to do the quality justice.
    It really was almost like listening to an LT - with a good mix. Just a great tape.
    Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #807
    Simply-Mad
    Mr. Scott

Location: Toups Town - Commissioner of Story Telling. Seal Beach

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

they where ok seats but since the lawn was front to ass i was glad to having someplace to sit and shake my booty
    “In theory- Theory is the same as practice, In practice- Theory is no where near practice“ “E as in David” “You can't call it all day drinking unless you start in the morning” “A is for Absinthe” “Straight to forever”
    www.toupstownusa.com www.simply-mad.com “I wont get a hangover if I don't quit drinking”
    Simply-Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #808
    Simply-Mad
    Mr. Scott

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AngelsFan View Post
    and I was in Loge 5 too! row DD --like my bra size!
    got any pics to prove that? lol jk
    “In theory- Theory is the same as practice, In practice- Theory is no where near practice“ “E as in David” “You can't call it all day drinking unless you start in the morning” “A is for Absinthe” “Straight to forever”
    www.toupstownusa.com www.simply-mad.com “I wont get a hangover if I don't quit drinking”
    Old 09-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #809
    Simply-Mad
    Mr. Scott

My Tour Central Stats

this might be a good place to post this but I was thinking of doing a post summer meet up for LA / OC area ants
    Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #810
    Simply-Mad
    Mr. Scott

My Tour Central Stats

oh and Dont forget I am still looking for video footage and photos of people from DMB summer tour, especially if you where at Gorge, Irvibe, or Chula. plese e-mail me at info@toupstownusa.com

Tags
    irvine , summer 2009