Walk Around the Moon Lyrics - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #91
kelchlsm
 
kelchlsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,448

Shows Seen: 19

Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedmb View Post
Not a tab, but here’s a lesson video. He does a ton of DMB and nails every single song.

https://youtu.be/SsMm8-cM7nY
Wow what a great youtube account- thanks for sharing
kelchlsm is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-28-2021, 10:19 AM   #92
    jaymas9
     
    jaymas9's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 5,447

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CatchThePhoenix View Post
    The mixed reviews have me that much more intrigued. Lyrics are pretty trite and derivative but the vibe described has my interest piqued. Is it Saturday yet?
    Derivative of what? Also interested in how they'd fit the definition of trite.

    I'd say the reviews are not mixed either. The polling on the song shows the vast majority of us are digging it.
    __________________
    I find sometimes it's easy to be myself,
    Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else."
    jaymas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 10:46 AM   #93
    Dankguitar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 2,469

    Shows Seen: 28

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    The Atlanta performance by far the best vocally. Still not a great vocal for him on the verses but he’s getting there. Still can’t decide if I like the verses they’re pretty lacking in melody. But it almost seems purposeful because the chorus gives a nice sense of resolution melodically. The bridge is still awesome I think too. I’m digging all in all
    Dankguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 11:07 AM   #94
    ericvol
     
    ericvol's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Charleston, SC
    Posts: 2,655

    Shows Seen: 39
    Send a message via AIM to ericvol

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    What’s been the debut live song on each album?

    I’m trying to remember but definitely feel like this is the best one in that category I can remember in a long time.
    __________________
    "I will go in this way, and find my own way out."
    ericvol is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 11:26 AM   #95
    DaveKazz
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: New York, NY
    Posts: 281

    Shows Seen: 63
    Send a message via AIM to DaveKazz

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    Last night's version was the best one. I really like this song. If this song sets the tone for the album I'll be pleased.
    I'm a little behind the times when it comes to grabbing downloads. Save for Chad's tour highlights uploads, is there a way to grab just WAM from Alpharetta without downloading the whole show on DT?
    DaveKazz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 12:07 PM   #96
    Route_2
    Blue-Anony
     
    Route_2's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Seattle
    Posts: 23,532

    Shows Seen: 67
    Send a message via MSN to Route_2

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveKazz View Post
    I'm a little behind the times when it comes to grabbing downloads. Save for Chad's tour highlights uploads, is there a way to grab just WAM from Alpharetta without downloading the whole show on DT?
    It will most likely get posted in this thread at some point.

    https://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=355315

    You can request it in there as well if you like.
    __________________
    DMB YouTube Live:https://tinyurl.com/3h4jeta4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    "Yeah I shit post on this website where I set myself up to be dunked on. I'm like the villain. It's fun."
    Route_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 12:13 PM   #97
    madhatter
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Posts: 1,065

    Shows Seen: 3

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericvol View Post
    What’s been the debut live song on each album?

    I’m trying to remember but definitely feel like this is the best one in that category I can remember in a long time.
    From the most recent albums:

    Come Tomorrow: Not counting Can't Stop and Idea of You, Black and Blue Bird was the first song played live.

    Away From the World: Mercy (Dave solo on Fallon), then Mercy & Gaucho debuted full band on the same night a few weeks later

    Big Whiskey: FTWII, Why I Am, and Spaceman all on the same night
    madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 12:29 PM   #98
    bibby1044
     
    bibby1044's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Location: Scranton, PA
    Posts: 6,120

    Shows Seen: 56

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    From the most recent albums:

    Come Tomorrow: Not counting Can't Stop and Idea of You, Black and Blue Bird was the first song played live.

    Away From the World: Mercy (Dave solo on Fallon), then Mercy & Gaucho debuted full band on the same night a few weeks later

    Big Whiskey: FTWII, Why I Am, and Spaceman all on the same night
    Yeah the only song that maybe beats this one is why I am.
    bibby1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #99
    TurboPGT
     
    TurboPGT's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 4,755

    Shows Seen: 22

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothRider[PL] View Post
    I don't like it: it's boring and predictable. It's is the worst of the new songs.
    BTW, this will be another Seven - cool song for now, played every show and hated later.
    At least some of the lyrics actually rhyme...
    TurboPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 12:32 AM   #100
    maxatlof
     
    maxatlof's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2017
    Posts: 431

    Shows Seen: 29

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    This song is hot garbage and Buddy's vocals are cringe as fuuuuck
    __________________
    Praise be to Gritty

    -Mark
    maxatlof is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #101
    CatchThePhoenix
     
    Join Date: May 2016
    Posts: 129

    Shows Seen: 18

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaymas9 View Post
    Derivative of what? Also interested in how they'd fit the definition of trite.

    I'd say the reviews are not mixed either. The polling on the song shows the vast majority of us are digging it.
    Lyrically, it's derivative of other songs Dave has written to date. I don't feel like he's mining any new ground lyrically and it's just kind of boring. Sonically, that's a whole different ballgame. As unpopular as this might be I enjoy songs like YMDT, Samurai Cop, Come Tomorrow, Mercy and Sweet, among others. There's actually a lyrical takeaway. Sonically there will always be a takeaway, but at this stage in his career, he should be writing songs that matter lyrically. But maybe I'm just asking for too much.
    __________________
    gregrobson.net
    CatchThePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #102
    BruceW
     
    BruceW's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: FLA
    Posts: 31,930

    Shows Seen: 54

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CatchThePhoenix View Post
    Lyrically, it's derivative of other songs Dave has written to date. I don't feel like he's mining any new ground lyrically and it's just kind of boring. Sonically, that's a whole different ballgame. As unpopular as this might be I enjoy songs like YMDT, Samurai Cop, Come Tomorrow, Mercy and Sweet, among others. There's actually a lyrical takeaway. Sonically there will always be a takeaway, but at this stage in his career, he should be writing songs that matter lyrically. But maybe I'm just asking for too much.

    The song’s about mushrooms. I wouldn’t say that’s something he has really written about before
    __________________
    Episode 48: "Dave & Friends at The Gorge": Apple Spotify
    Dave & Friends at The Gorge: YouTube
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 11:23 AM   #103
    jaymas9
     
    jaymas9's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 5,447

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    The song’s about mushrooms. I wouldn’t say that’s something he has really written about before
    Agree with this. That was actually one of my first positive takeaways from it, it was a subject matter or theme we haven't really seen.
    __________________
    I find sometimes it's easy to be myself,
    Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else."
    jaymas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #104
    jaymas9
     
    jaymas9's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2004
    Posts: 5,447

    Shows Seen: 27

    Re: Walk Around the Moon Lyrics

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CatchThePhoenix View Post
    Lyrically, it's derivative of other songs Dave has written to date. I don't feel like he's mining any new ground lyrically and it's just kind of boring. Sonically, that's a whole different ballgame. As unpopular as this might be I enjoy songs like YMDT, Samurai Cop, Come Tomorrow, Mercy and Sweet, among others. There's actually a lyrical takeaway. Sonically there will always be a takeaway, but at this stage in his career, he should be writing songs that matter lyrically. But maybe I'm just asking for too much.
    Fair enough on most of what you're saying, just can't see this as derivative of anything his written. Like Bruce said, don't know of a mushroom song in the catalog.

    Slightly related, and on the subject of derivative - thematically speaking, he's got a lot of carpe diem on those first 3 albums plus you never know. Technically he's being derivative of himself, plus a wildly popular subject matter overall. Not ever going to knock that though because I think he approached each carpe diem song from a different angle and they all rock (Pig being my favorite).
    __________________
    I find sometimes it's easy to be myself,
    Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else."
    jaymas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Privacy Policy
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Ants Facebook
    Ants Instagram